Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] What is Really Wanted [Li'ra/I'han/Voloth/Houleth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:59 am
Are you pretending to be asleep?

I'han wanted to bury his face further into its current position so he could delay having to have any complicated conversations. He'd been caught in it immediately by Houleth, though the blue didn't rouse from his position where he was curled up with Voloth, laying carefully to keep most of the winter chill away from her. At least, as much of it as he could.

It's only pretending if I've opened my eyes once already, I'han defended weakly. He wasn't Houleth, who could yell his feelings without fear from any perch and pedestal given to do so. That he'd said anything.....Running a hand down his face, he cracked one eye open to see if perhaps he'd have some time to gather up his thoughts properly. One look at Li'ra, however, and any cohesiveness was gone.

Hoo boy. This was.....

Not as complicated as you are making it, Houleth huffed privately to his rider, nesting his head close to Voloth's with a soft, affectionate hum. He was content to stay there was long as she wanted.

Mr Cheri
A kind-of-vague start, whoops

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:28 pm

Voloth was asleep, all the worries of the Flight long since gone from her delicate green form. She had tucked her muzzle beneath Houleth, presumably for comfort or safety. Whatever her reason, Li'ra could not sense any disquiet within his dragon's slumbering mind. He could, however, sense a tension in the air. Maybe it was him. Maybe it was I'han.

At last, Li'ra sat up. He didn't move to leave, wondering what was going through I'han's mind. "So... about what you said earlier." No pulling any punches, not when he felt that I'han at least was inclined to hide the feelings he'd so reluctantly revealed.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:55 pm
If Li'ra hadn't spoken, catching I'han in being awake, he'd have been content to just roll over and fake it. It was far harder to exit a moving conversation with that tactic. There was no shame in what he'd said. Embarrassment from a lack of charming word-smithing, maybe, but not shame.

I'han managed to keep from running his hand down his face, even if he could feel his cheeks getting hot at the reminder. He could have blamed it on Houleth's influence if he'd wanted to. It would have been the easy out. "Not how I planned to say anything," I'han instead confessed. If it had been all according to plan, he'd have never said anything. He'd have let it fester until someone bolder had swept Li'ra away.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:15 am

"Did you plan to say anything?" Li'ra asked, giving a little stretch. He was still processing everything that had happened, truth be told. He could understand the stress that I'han was under. That type of confession was... difficult, to say the least. If Li'ra was not mistaken, it had been settling heavily on I'han's heart.

Rather than remaining upright, Li'ra slid back down onto the bed, wrapping himself up a little better within the furs. Now that everything was out in the open, what did this all mean? Maybe it hadn't been the best plan to grab the man who appeared to be a little bit in love with him. Then again, there probably hadn't been a way to avoid hurting someone during the Flight.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:44 am
"No....I didn't," I'han answered, giving no resistance to the truth. Lying simply would have taken effort that I'han was unwilling to put in. That Li'ra had asked - known to ask - said plenty about what impression he'd left in Weyrlinghood.

Slumping farther under the covers, I'han stretched his hands above his head. Letting his arms rest there, he frowned at the ceiling. "Nothing has to change, though. It doesn't have to mean anything," at least not to anybody but him. He could hear Houleth huff at him for that.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:01 pm

"I'han," Li'ra said, rolling over so that his head was propped up on his elbow. "Do you think I don't know that even if it didn't mean a thing to anyone else it would still mean something to you?" He could feel Voloth stirring, perhaps because of Houleth's disquiet, and found himself staring at I'han. The pale blond was caught off-guard by the situation they now found themselves in. It wasn't that he was blind to I'han, it was just that he'd never thought about himself as an object of anyone's affection.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:26 pm
Dropping an arm back down, I'han ruffled his hair before pushing himself back up. "No. And I know that would bother you," just as Voloth seemed to pain herself over the feelings of others, I'han expected no less from Li'ra. He pushed his cooler feelings back against Houleth, bidding the blue to worry less of him and more of the object of his adoration.

Wasn't that what had gotten them into this?

"But I don't want you to worry...if it would be easier on you."

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:38 am

After a long contemplative silence, Li'ra spoke at last. "I'han, I'm not in love with you. Not yet, at least. I'm willing to try 'us', but I think I've always been a little too focused on logic and... well, the stars... to notice the people around me. With Volly around, it's been less like that... but I confess, I've never really thought about it before." Love was something for other people, or it had been. Now that he was wrapped up with another, Li'ra could at last think of it.

"I do like you." That much had been obvious. "I guess someone always starts out with stronger feelings in the beginning, but it doesn't have to stay that way." Why, oh why, did he have to be quite so... cerebral? This was neither the time nor the place for it. Biting his lip, the blond glanced over at his friend, torn between worry and curiosity. Was it fair to test things out in this manner, when I'han was so sure of his own feelings?

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:09 pm
I'han really hoped he didn't look disappointed right then, frowning slightly as he rubbed the side of his head. "I didn't expect you to be," he at least offered in hopes it would take some sort of guilt or worry from Li'ra over not returning his feelings out the gates.

Trying 'us' was a concept, at least - not that I'han had the faintest idea of what a real try of any sort was like. But Houleth would have his hide if he didn't at least take what middle ground was being offered - "I would like to try, even if it doesn't work out." Which was more than he usually wanted to put forward.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:56 am

It bothered Li'ra that he couldn't give I'han exactly everything that he had hoped for. He was not, in his own way, what I'han might wish. He'd always been too logical, too... cerebral. When it came to his own emotions, the greenrider could not say that he knew best how to express them. Or... well... felt them particularly powerfully, most of the time.

He knew that he loved Voloth. How could he not love his dragon, who even now was cuddled into Houleth's side? To say that he wasn't affected by his dragon's fondness would have been a lie. But he had not, until now, opened his heart up to anyone. Worrying at his lip, Li'ra glanced at I'han. "I'm sorry. I wish I could have said here and now that I love you. But I'm... me." Too much in his head, maybe... not enough in his heart.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:37 pm
"You say that like you being you wasn't something I liked," I'han answered calmly, "and I'd rather your honesty and understanding than forced feelings." It wasn't as though he'd been the sort to put himself out there anyways. If Houleth was a roaring fire, I'han was cool waters that coursed along waterways dug by forces that had long passed by.

Mr Cheri

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff