Welcome to Gaia! ::

♡~Everybody Wants to be a Cat!~♡

Back to Guilds

If you love cats, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Animal, Cats, Contests, Feline, Kitties 

Reply ✔Mouse-ellanious(Miscellanious stuff)✔
Meet the Canadian Mountain Cat -- Bohdi

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like to take a stroll with your cat?
  Yes! =^.^=
  No! D=
  Poll Gold for me! [ka-ching]
View Results

Mistress Leac-Neko

Fantastic Kitten

4,825 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:41 am
Although some have trained their cats to walk on leashes, Michelle Gagnon has trained her cat Bohdi to do that while on hikes in the Canadian Rockies.

But it was no small feat getting her feline to follow the trails in Alberta communities such as Banff and Canmore. Gagnon said it took “a lot of patience” despite Bodhi's adventurous spirit as a kitten.

User Image

Gagnon runs an Instagram page showing Bodhi hiking, looking majestic before a picturesque mountain backdrop, paddleboarding and even going for a swim. He’s basically a cat of all seasons. bodhi_theadventurecat/

“Cats adapt but it takes time and each time they get out, they are better,” she explained. Bohdi, who Gagnon calls the gentle giant, is a fairly large Maine Coon cat.

Although Bohdi weighs 6.8 kilograms, he’s fairly small compared to wildlife in the region.

“With lynx around the corner, and cougars and bears and everything -- it slows him down,” she said, describing how Bohdi could sense predators and when he did, remained perfectly still “all of a sudden.”

On longer trails, she even goes cycling with Bodhi riding in a special basket.

And whenever she’s out hiking with Bohdi, Gagnon says that it’s not uncommon for her to be asked: “what are you doing with your cat out here?”

She always responds, “Do you know what? My cat likes this as much as your dog.”

For a link to view a video on Bodhi, click CTV News on Bodhi the Adventure Cat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:13 am
The reason why I posted the above news article, is that Bohdi reminded me of my own Maine Coon cat, Salem, who has since passed.

User Image

Salem liked to take walks with me in the woods, although he wouldn't take a kitty harness very well. But he would scamper beside me, as we approached the tiny wooded area near my property. He loved the scent of the old leaves crackling beneath our feet, and anticipated the walk to our favourite big stone in this forest, where I would sit a while, and do some deep thinking.

When he felt it was time to head back home, he would jump up beside me, and put his paws on my back, near my shoulder, as he communicated to me that our visit to the woods ought to be ending. So, I obliged his wishes, and as I stretched my legs, getting up from my resting spot, he would take off like a rocket, knowing the way home, and meet me as I traveled home at my own speed. I think he was secretly pleased that he always won the race back home. cat_3nodding

Mistress Leac-Neko

Fantastic Kitten

4,825 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
✔Mouse-ellanious(Miscellanious stuff)✔

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items