Back to Guilds

Tags: wolf, wolves, kells, breedables, Roleplay 

Reply [Pack] The Swiftfell (The Forest)
[ORP] A Gathering: The Point Convenes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the Point make themselves available for fling-breedings with pack females? (Know that any option would NEVER require the owner/wolf to do something they didn't want to!)
  Yes! Even if they are mated. We need more numbers!
  Yes, but only if they are eligible bachelors (i.e. not mated).
  Yes, but only the alpha. The ~burden~ should fall to him.
  Yes, but only when our pack females outnumber our males by more than 2 or 3.
  No, we should focus on recruitment.
View Results

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:42 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thrush | Alpha | Available

Thrush was soon joined by Dusk Owl, who took post on the alpha’s left. The wise elder was always a source of comfort and did much in the way of steeling Thrush’s confidence. At the old man’s words, he released a breath he’d not been aware he’d been holding and was again thankful to the wolf for his experience. With a grateful smile, Thrush nodded his welcome.
”medigel”

At Forest’s approach, Thrush turned a kind smile in her direction. “Of course, of course. Hello Forest. I remember you performed quite well in the Hare Hunt. Perhaps next year will be your time, hm?” He had not had a conversation with their newest pack recruit since she arrived some weeks ago. He mentally rolled his eyes, remembering her joining was actually due to one of Willow’s several daughters that had decided to go on an adventure outside the pack lands. He was fairly certain he now had several gray hairs on his maw after that one.
”MiddyGlow”

Speaking of daughters, he turned to look for his then. There was Bird, perched gracefully with her sister, Halcyon, who looked as stern as ever. The two appeared to be speaking with Maple and Hazel (speak of the devils), and even his son Huck was in attendance. It made a swell of pride spread in his chest to see the young pack members in attendance, noting Gill and Ghost were also present.

Then, almost of their own accord, his eyes found Magpie. A smile twitched at the corner of his mouth as she stared at her. He wanted nothing more than to join her, but he knew he should remain available to the pack before the start of the open forum. He felt that recently he was not as approachable as he wanted to be, especially to the pack members that were not born-in.
”Ruler of Everything”

OOC
Thrush's next post will be the start of the “town hall.” Just thought we could use some more social interaction before getting down to the serious stuff~

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:50 am

Sambar | Healer | Available

Weaving himself between the bodies of wolves, Sambar quietly made his way over to a tree where he sat quietly, and… alone. Normally, he would have sat next to his best friend, Red. But… they were currently in a disagreement. And with that, Sam had realized he didn’t have many friends among the pack, outside of Red. Truly, he had only really known Red, and then a she-wolf, Forest Shadow. She was nice, but she was currently speaking with the alpha and elder. The elder… he wanted to have so many discussions with him, share his ideas. Maybe after the forum, he could catch the older wolf alone? The thought of approaching such an important figure in the pack made him bite his lip in apprehension. Maybe not…  

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:57 pm
      User Image Halcyonwas right; she received a stern look. Bird still wagged her tail once, pleased her sister had made it at all and chose to settle with her.

"It should be soon. The meeting," she mused, glancing at her father. He looked... uncomfortable, and so did Willow Bark. What was the meeting going to pertain to? Her eyes swept across the pack, mimicking her sister. Winter, of course, but what else? What was of importance?

She gauged the pack, noting Maple's scowl directed somewhere at the pack. Size, perhaps? Then again, what could they do about it other then recruit more? Her gaze returned to her father, trailing his attention to.... Magpie? She had certainly been around her father quite more lately... did that mean...?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Maple was annoyed, but for the reasons she knew were dumb. Her brother had already hitched with someone and she wasn't particularly amused by that thought (and he was notably missing; why couldn't Maple be missing too?). Her father looked distressed upfront and she hated seeing him so unlike himself. Bird was stiffening by the second beside her, as if she had seen something that made her tense. All of this was, in the clearest sense of the word; uncomfortable.

She suddenly wished she had found a way to dodge Hazel.

Much like Bird, she was wracking her brain on what the meeting could be about. The most obvious answer was the upcoming change in season, but she doubted Thrush would bring them together for just that. Her spine tingled, paws itching to leave. Unfortunately, with all the wolves who were intent on keeping an eye on her being present that seemed like an unlikely attempt.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Minnow wagged her tail as her son, Gill, settled with her, briefly glancing around for Hoot. He was missing, but she knew he'd hear the news somehow. She felt unease at the thought of her missing child, shifting slightly. They were growing up too fast, and Minnow was struggling to stave off her panicked and frankly concerned feelings.

Magpie approached, and instantly Minnow seemed to uplift. She shook her head, bumping her forehead against Magpie's.

"Interrupt away! We were just catching up, I'm sure Gill and I would be thrilled to have you join our conversation."

Ruler of Everything

Pandora Talie

In Good Faith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:52 pm
Forest Shadow smiled at Dusk Owl and Willow who were also near Thrush as she came up to the group. She smiled warmly thinking fondly of her meeting with Hazel that had brought her to her new home. "Yes, Hazel is a wonderful adventurous pup." Forest found it hard to think of Hazel as an adult now, the pup she had met in the Hallows had made a very big impression on her mind and heart. "I'm settling in well thank you, I have meet a few of the other healers already and gotten their help to start gathering herbs to prepare for winter. Hoot and Sambar have been very helpful."

She smiled at Thrush "Perhaps, but it matters little it was a great deal of fun and I was very close and it was such a fun event, Hazel did very well as well." She said in a warm tone. "I will certainly have to congratulate Hawkflight once again it was very thrilling."

In Good Faith

medigel

Ruler of Everything

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Oh, trust me," Huck told her, his grin toothy and knowing, "you'd know it if you were a disappointment to your family."

More than once, Huckleberry had tried to sneak out and see what laid beyond the Swiftfell. More than once, he had been caught halfway out and dragged back. He was sure between his excursions, his lack of shouldering responsibility if he could help it, and his general personality, that he had already been written off within the pack, and he had made his peace with it coming into his adulthood. Not everyone's a hero after all.

"I can make a deal with you for next time," he offered Ghost Whisper as he leaned in, lowering his voice. "I can enter and just...bump into a few contestants. Clumsy me. Only good with talking and pups, you know."

Before he could finish the pitch, Hawkflight joined them. Huck straightened and flashed her a grin as well. It was obvious she didn't want to acknowledge him, and it was obvious he didn't care. "Speak've the champion! Nice job, Hawkflight. Did you name it yet?" It being the hare.

"S'far as what we're talking about today? Oh, I think things are gonna be...interesting."

Ruler of Everything

Pandora Talie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:59 pm
"Ah, that's right, that Sambar has been picking up healer work, hasn't he!" Dusk Owl said, chuffed. "Wonderful, wonderful. Thank you nonetheless for choosing to stay, Forest Shadow, small as we may be for now. It truly does this old wolf well to see you all working together."

He cast his eyes out initially to help her locate Hawkflight, and in doing so he retook stock of the participants trickling in. Ah, there went Hazel trumpeting Maple's arrival as was her wont...Magpie seemed in especially good spirits today! And speaking of Sambar, he seemed a bit nervous, poor thing. Perhaps he wasn't used to being around so many wolves. More poured in, Minnow and Willow Bark's and Sparrow, Mourning Dove...He nodded if they met eyes. His search ended after picking out several of Thrush's children, as it seemed Huckleberry Horizon was in the company of the one he was searching for, and he pointed the trio out to Forest Shadow.

"There Hawkflight is. And it seems she brought the prized hare with her! You might congratulate them now, before we begin," Dusk Owl suggested, glancing at Thrush questioningly. "Should we wait a touch more? It seems most everyone is here."

In Good Faith

MiddyGlow

medigel

Anxious Spirit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:35 pm
"But it's the best story," Hazel insisted, leaning against her sister just to annoy, her tongue lolling out. "Anyway, not having meetings isn't a great idea, you know. How else are we gonna learn important stuff? Like, by birds? That's so sloooooow."

Beat.

"OH, I KNOW! I could be the pack crier, then! Just loudly singing and shouting the news for you~ You'd never go a day without hearing my beautiful voice!"

There was no better way to ensure Maple considered taking the traditional route than by Hazel showing musical interest in the alternative.

"Halcyyyyy," Hazel cooed as she joined the gaggle of girls, taking the time then to give both her and Bird a nuzzle: two for the price of one! "Good, we're all here. Well, except for our other sister but - I have news to share. Incredibly important stuff."

She waited expectantly for the curious reactions before adding, "But first! How are you alllllll?"

xNympheia
girls it is

xIn Good Faith
TIME TO DISH THE DEETS W HAZEL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:31 am
Hawkflight and Redtail | Protector and Familiar | Company of Ghost and Huck

“It’s Redtail.” Hawkflight’s eyes bored into Huck’s “and thank you.” The she-wolf strained a smile and kept her cool, she had to keep the peace after all. Interesting, oh? Hawkflight kept the thought to herself and brought her attention back to the Points.

Redtail squinted her own eyes disapprovingly towards the brown wolf. Plotting. She has seen this one before sneaking off pack territory and failing. Maybe she will spy on him again later when she gets a chance.

medigel

Pandora Talie

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:31 pm

Magpie | Caretaker | Speaking with Gill and Minnow

Maggie, as always, appreciated the warmth from her beloved family members. She knew she had plenty of nieces and nephews, but she didn't know many of them, which made her relationship with those she did know all that more special. She happily took the sweet nuzzle from Gill and promptly sat down next to him. "I'm eager to find out just exactly what the point plans to address here," Magpie said, curling her tail around herself. She was desperate to know what had been going on with her new mate, why he was acting so off. "I know Thrush is nervous," she stated off-handedly before realizing that she might have to explain things. Instead, she simply buttoned up her mouth and waited for Minnow or Gill to speak, smiling warmly at her relatives' sweet embrace of her.

Her smile broadened when Thrush's eyes finally met her eyes, and she could see one working at the corners of his mouth, too. But he held an even-keeled expression, not taking too long to connect with her. She knew when she got into things with Thrush that the pack always came first. Duty before family, and all that jazz.

Pandora Talie

Nymphiea

In Good Faith
Just as an FYI~

Willow Bark | Beta | Speaking with Forest Shadow, Dusk Owl, and Thrush

Before the meeting was able to start, the last of the wolves that wanted to speak with the point were making their rounds. Willow was pleased to see the very sweet Forest Shadow among them, and involuntarily smiled wide at the mention of his son. Hoot had always worried him - he wasn't the most well-adjusted of kids - but hearing that he was socializing and doing his pack duties made his insides feel warm. "I'm glad to hear you're settling in well," he spoke, "I wish Hoot could've joined us but he's not feeling well. I'm sure with some rest he'll be back at it soon enough."

At Dusk Owl's proclamation that they should wrap up socializing and begin the very anticipated meeting, Willow's smile faltered. Here we go...

"Yes, we should absolutely get things rolling," he remarked after clearing his throat.

MiddyGlow

Ghost Whisper | Protector | Speaking with Huck and Hawkflight

At Huck's comment about disappointing her family, Ghost Whisper laughed heartily. He was entertaining, she could absolutely give him that.And there was a very large grain of truth there - she was sure if she had been failing Willow in some manner, he would have an open and honest discussion with her about it. He could be very frank when need be.

When Huck made his quiet bid to help her win the hare hunt next year, she merely rolled her eyes. Hawkflight then approached them, so she didn't have the chance to respond snarkily, but oh she would've.

"Interesting? Interesting how?" Ghost quirked a brow, curious to know what intel Huck had, even though she suspected he wouldn't share much in front of Hawkflight and her new companion, evidently and appropriately named Redtail. "What a great name!" she said to Hawkflight, as Redtail gave Huck a very strange (but likely justified) look-down.

medigel

Pandora Talie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Forest Shadow smiled at everyone and then nodding she moved off to settle down and wait for the meeting to get started. She was a little sad that Hoot would not be coming to the meeting but she knew that some of the wolves had to stay behind and continue working. All the healers could not take off on the same day after all. She figured she would seek out Hawkflight later to congratulate them again and to meet the hare hunt hare. Even if she didn't she was sure she would see both of them around the pack over the next many months.

(Open for interaction)  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:23 pm
User Image
Halycon | Protector | with Bird, Maple, Hazel

Halcyon's eyes swiveled in the direction of Hazel without her head turning. "News?" Any news was big news when your pack was as small as their's was. And then, of course, there was nothing going on in Hal's life worth sharing at this time, and she was clearly more interested in what Hazel had to share. Her attention was torn, though. Her father should be starting any moment and she didn't want to miss it. Making eye contact with Bird, Hal shared her excitement with a glimmer of pride for their father.

”Nymphiea”

”medigel”

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:44 pm

Mourning Dove watched other wolves talk among themselves, but she didn't have the courage to approach anyone. She was growing a little restless, as the meeting they'd all gathered here for didn't seem particularly close to starting. Perhaps it was in her restlessness that prompted her to finally speak to the nearest wolf to her .

"I wonder what the meeting will be about?" She asked the healer. Forest Shadow, who was seated near her. "Do you think they're announcing another Hare Hunt or something of that sort? That could be fun."

MiddyGlow

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:53 pm
belloblossom

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Forest Shadow shook her head and then said "I don't think so, with winter coming I would think this is about preparing for winter, making sure we have plans in place for hunting and hunting parties ready to go out in the snow if need be. Herbs for healing over the winter, knowing the rivers that don't freeze over things of that nature." She said softly "I am Forest Shadow." She looked at the other wolf who had come up to her. Forest Shadow thought of many things in the practical side, she had already started collecting herbs for the winter since she knew if she didn't stock up she would be hard-pressed to find anything when the frost set in.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:42 pm

Thrush | Alpha | Addressing the Pack

Clearing his throat, Thrush nodded gratefully at Old Dusk. "Yes, I suppose we should... excuse me." Making eye contact with Willow with a nod, the alpha approached the center of the clearing with an air of authority. He casually made eye contact with each of the wolves, drawing their attention to himself and bringing the pack to a quick hush.

Once satisfied that he had gathered the attention of the pack who had gathered, Thrush filled his lungs with air and spoke with a loud bass to his voice, ensuring everyone would hear him clearly and easily. "Thank you all for taking time away from your day for this important discussion." He paused then, feeling a slight embarrassment creep up his neck into his cheeks. Right at that moment, he was grateful he was of a dark complexion. Doing his best to prevent this from coming across in his countenance, he continued.

"Perhaps one of the most important topics open to discussion today includes the need to replenish pack members. At this time we have just shy of 30 wolves... a startling and concerning number when, at one time, we neared upwards of twice as many." He fell into a stride then, speaking from his experience and heart, letting the stress of the topic fall to the wayside. His paws began to move as he drifted amongst the wolves, recounting the history that many of their new members would not recall. "This number now comes just as much from new blood, greatly valued and desperately needed, as it does from the linage of those who thrived in the mountains to the north." He sent a knowing look then at their oldest pack member, Dusk Owl. "While a sickness that swept through the pack decimated our numbers, one of our own realized what was happening and evacuated those that had not been exposed. In doing so, he saved more than a hand full of lives, including my own." He paused, not so much for dramatic effect but as a moment to reign in his emotions which were trying to escape him. "We traveled south, losing several along the way. And when we thought it was safe to send a scout back home, to see if the worst had passed... there were no survivors." He was truly burdened in that moment, evident by his ears that laid flat against his skull, a grimness to the set of his mouth.

Moments passed in a heavy silence before he was pressed to move forward. He moved, as if shaking off the tragic memories, and regained his dominate posture. "But we have survived, if not somewhat changed. But we must continue to repair our numbers if we are going to ensure our pack lives on, for ourselves, and for those lost."

And now... he felt the pressure of his announcement cause a nerves fluttering in his abdomen before he cleared his throat. "With that, I now tell you that I have accepted Magpie as my mate." He smiled to her then, if not tenderly in that moment, decidedly. Turning to the pack to gauge their reactions, he went on, lapsing back into a serious manner. "She and I are pleased to come together before you all with the intent to continue growing the pack with children of our own." Here he looked to her again, as if asking for permission to continue to the next important announcement. When he was satisfied with what he saw, Thrush turned back to the various eyes of the pack.

"With that, I am also announcing my--" He paused, almost finding the words catch in his throat. "Our decision that I, as alpha, should offer myself to any female unrelated to myself that wishes to produce children of the pack without venturing out to find non-pack fathers." He spoke slowly, avoiding eye contact with most of the females, or in fact, anyone with the exception of Magpie. With that over, the alpha swallowed, swiveling himself to face both Dusk Owl and Willow Bark.

"In addition to that, I now ask the remainder of the Point if they would so incline themselves to offer the same opportunity to the pack." He was almost embarrassed to ask this, especially feeling what he suspected were the eyes of Minnow, Willow Bark's mate, boring into his body at that very moment. He did well not to flinch at the thought, keep his eyes steady on Dusk Owl and Willow Bark.

And with that, he turned the discussion over to their hands.

OOC
OK guys... I know its been ages. I ask your forgiveness in my absence, between my car wreck and my laptop just deciding it didn't want to connect to the internet. I've now got myself and the laptop in relative good repair and am happy to be slowly integrating back into everything Gaia!

What you can surmise from this post is:
  • The pack wishes to continue to grow numbers
  • A brief history of the Great Waste
  • Alpha having chosen a mate
  • Alpha still available as a breeding partner

I hope we can continue this ORP, as I expect Willow Dark/Dusk Owl (Ruler/Medi) and I will do in our own pace; aka real life can kick our asses often.

MiddyGlow

Nymphiea

medigel

Ruler of Everything

belloblossom

Pandora Talie

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.History? Boring. The thing with Magpie? Kinda obvious but at least somewhat interesting in development. His coyote grin grew as he heard and watched other reactions, ranging from surprise to congratulatory to skeptical.

"Told ya," he murmured to Ghost Whisper and Hawkflight. Redtail, being barely ascended prize-as-pack-member, was no longer recognized.

When Huck had told the ladies that things were about to get interesting, however, he had no idea how far that umbrella word would go. This particular bit of news...Well then. It wasn't open to the pack for discussion just yet judging by the look his dad gave the rest of the Point, but Huckleberry was this close to interjecting. "Dad's really angling to be helpful, ain't he," he said instead, because his mouth never did know when to shut.

Ruler of Everything

Pandora Talie

[Pack] The Swiftfell (The Forest)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas