Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[PRP] The deal with dueling (Thiemo x Arri)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:17 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Thiemo had a lot of plans, but if he had any hopes of one-day making life different for the females of the pride he had to get stronger and to due that he needed to train and duel. Work his way to becoming strong enough to go out on a viking mission. Gain reputation in the pride. Prove to the other males that he was someone they should listen to. His mother was a priestess and his father a rever. He had learned to respect females where others had lost respect for females, least that's what it looked like to him. Once females could be revers too, now they had to be shield maidens and stuff. He thought it was strange and he wondered what the warlord had been thinking. Once females had the same ranks as male, why had things changed? Thiemo was now on the hunt for someone to duel he had to start somewhere.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:04 pm
User Image

The lay of the land was so familiar, it took all that was in her to stop her from weeping or hurling herself into the nearest duel.

A pause broke her from those feelings, long enough to realize just where she was, her deep blue eyes gazed downward. Feelings bubbled to the surface again and very nearly bubbled over. Arri beat them down with promises, many of them likely wouldn't be kept, but even if a couple were brought to light and completed she would be satisfied.

Lost in her promises she very nearly collided with an adolescent. When she came out of her dreamy haze she let out a small gasp. "Many apologies." She uttered politely and then remembered herself. "It's a good day to die." Her chest puffed proudly, a false pride, and she urged it to reflect in her eyes as well. "You look a touch fiery young man." Her ears perked forward with curiosity.

"What do you seek?" Her question was posed almost immediately after her statement. She was sure that she knew what he was after.

MiddyGlow

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:12 am
Ctrl F Greenie

Thiemo chuckled and then said "Think nothing of it, it's a good day to live and to die." He said changing the phrase since she had apologized at first. He had a lot of living he wanted to do. Thiemo wasn't sure how much fire he had in his blood, he did want to get more fire in his blood, in a way his desire to make lives better was part of that. He grinned at her question, she was older than him but she might be a good place to start to grow stronger. "I am seeking a duel I want to get stronger, what about you?"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:14 am
Arri mirrored his positive reaction and gave a small chuckle herself. His addition to the prides saying was warming, but strange to her. It wasn't familiar and so she hesitated to say anything more. Her eyes looked over the boy, checking for those known muscles beneath his pelt. Ones that were worked on well into this age group.

"A duel? Looking for strength." She mused lightly. "Yes, I can see that now." The lioness stood and strode to the side of him, trying to paint a picture of the youth in battle. "How often do you spar? Is this just the beginning?" Depending on the sort that could be an insult, though she hadn't intended it to be. Questioning ones position almost never ended well, but Arri wore her confidence very clearly for him to see.

"I've been in a duel, or two, before. I've found honor in wins and losses, for all, but one." Her memory was foggy for that battle. When she had first come too, following a bizarre and real dream, she had remembered more. Now it was buried with time. This moment was like a paw digging for it, one she had to stop.

"Are you looking to duel, now?" Her brow rose slightly and she couldn't hide the smile, though small, from him. This was an intriguing moment.

It had been so long.

MiddyGlow

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:20 am
Ctrl F Greenie

Thiemo listened to the female and then he said "This is just the start for me, I think I'm old enough now to start training. I'm not a cub anymore I can handle it even if you are older than me and have more training I would still like to battle you." He said firmly he had to fight it was the way of the Storm. If he said back and did nothing he would gain nothing. He would merely be a Freeborn which was not going to get him anywhere. "So do you want to fight or what?" He grinned he hardly thought she would reject his suggestion it was their prides way after all. Battle and bloodshed.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:47 pm
He was confident. "How intriguing." She mumbled under her breath about his pointed behavior. "You'd get along well with my sons and daughters who were cast away by the Storm." She carefully selected her words and sneered slightly as she spoke. The choices made had been made for a reason and didn't doubt them, not for a moment, but still - they were storm swept.

"We can duel, little sir." She grew amused. "But, won't you offer me a name?" She narrowed her eyes slightly, staring him down curiously. She didn't recognize his pelt, nor what little markings he did have. Something she grew more curious of as time went on in the conversation. "Mine is Arri." She offered and began to lower herself, pulling away from him to give them some distance to size up one another.

She was sure that he was ready to duel, most were born ready within the borders of the pridelands, but she wasn't sure of him.

"Give me your name, then show me what you've got."

MiddyGlow
No need to roll, he can have the win. :3 Arri is a little out of practice in a way.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:55 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

Thiemo smiled glad she had agreed to duel with him, he was excited and then he frowned "Why were they cast away?" He didn't like it, not one bit. "I am Thiemo, son of Gudina and the Priestess Morath." He grinned at her. He had some of his father's arrogance and his mother's respect for females. He would take this duel as one of honor and respect as it was due. No matter what anyone else said that was what he believed. He moved into position to charge Arri. This was his first real duel, he had trained with his father but this was different.

(If we could finish this up soon that would be great I gotta get up at 6:45 am >.< )  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:01 pm
"They were cast away for reasons I don't dare to discuss so publically, perhaps another time." She said flatly before he introduced himself and the duel began. There was no waiting when it came to him it seemed, but he was respectful - she would give him that.

Being on the receiving end of a challenge was confidence raising, but it was clear she was out of practice. Her footing was off and she found a small hole, one which knocked her off balance and made her topple easily as the young brown ball of fur hurled himself at her. Arri grumbled, but managed to keep yet another grin on her face. She was enjoying herself, even if this would likely end up a loss.

Attempting to regain herself was hard, there was no way she could do it with how spry he was.

"Come again." She said as she finally made her way back to her paws. Her vision blurred for a moment before regaining her sight, but she couldn't gauge how far he was at first.

MiddyGlow

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:06 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

Thiemo nodded he understood some things could not be said in public if at all if one wanted to stay alive. He charged the female and attempted to pin her beneath his weight. He would give no quarter she deserved him to give it his best try and he would. He didn't notice that she was not doing so well in the fight. Even if he did he likely would have still gone full force otherwise he would have been insulting her. Thiemo didn't want to do that. Females were as powerful as males in their own way, if not more. To him, his mother was proof of that.

(Go ahead and Fin on your next post I gotta get to bed <3 )  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:15 pm
"You say this is your first go?" She said with honest surprise. He certainly had no hesitation, it was refreshing to see in a youngster. She knew her old right hands kiddos could learn a thing or two from this adolescent, even in their adulthood. She snickered to herself quietly.

"You're doing well. You'll make a good reaver some day." Another wipeout left her heaving for a quick breath. She would have to get some practice yet. I know who to bother.

"I'll consider this a loss, if you don't mind. Loss for me that is, you've shown me I have some training to do myself. Perhaps we can give this another go in time?" She offered heartily while dusting free some dirt she had picked up from the ground.

MiddyGlow

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out