Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Moved] Empty Weyrs & Scattered Wings

Back to Guilds

AU Non-canon Pern RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragon, Firelizard, Wher, Impression 

Reply Event Archives
Baked to Perfection (Hatching!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:06 pm
Candidate Turanves

He continued his slow shuffle toward the feeding table as another green breezed quickly by him. It seemed her rider followed belatedly. When he reached the tables though, he grabbed a bucket filled with meat. Turanvesmine, I would like the bucket filled with those choicer bits. The green hummed. And we can sit and talk with my siblings. "Don't call me that," he muttered.

Turanves refused to look at the other new weyrlings. No. No he wouldn't. He couldn't. He moved away from the table to as dark a spot as he could find against a wall and slumped down. Azelth looked forlornly back toward the other hatchlings for a moment before following her rider. You should let the healers give you the best care they can. Silently he shook his head as he offered her a piece of meat. It didn't take long for Huxali to find them and perch on his shoulder, cheeping at the green.

V'ine and Green Ohuth 15

More of the eggs hatched out, spilling another dark green, and an almost matching pair of blue and green. Cannoli, however, knew exactly what she wanted, and who. The former being more important than the latter apparently as she ran to the feeding tables before calling her rider. V'ine shook her head with pursed lips. "They'll have to watch her closely and make sure she doesn't over eat." She commented to those around her. A fat green normally wouldn't matter, but she wouldn't have a good mating flight if she was too fat; it mattered now.

V'ine smiled as Ohuth hummed at the playful pair of siblings. They were utterly adorable in their play and how they almost matched each other.

Weyrship Entourage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:24 pm
Weyrlingmaster R'ulfr

While trying to walk on his own was itself rather admirable, that did not make stupidity acceptable. R'ulfr waited until everyone was settled with their buckets of meat, including Canoli and her new bond, before approaching Turanves. He seemed to be a very prideful young man, and so for now was going to try to work with him with that in mind. The Weyrlingmaster said, "Now that you're seated... Let the healers see to your injuries. Do I need to tell you that if you wait you may end up on a stretcher to the infirmary with festering wounds?"

magnadearel

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:54 pm
Candidate Joisann

Joisann watched Strawberry Tart go, with mixed feelings. Most of all, though, she felt that anyone who Impressed to him would be very fortunate. She even saw him wave his tail at her, so she waved back. Such a sweet personality!

She returned her attention to the group surrounding the injured boy, Turanves. As she watched, she saw apparently two Impressions, including that same boy, and his brother Tordare. She knew them by sight, at least. Her feelings were mixed about it, especially knowing that one wanted a bronze. He was just the type to fixate on one color over others. He seemed down, and no wonder, for his brother had Impressed to Turanves' favorite color, while his was to his least wanted. Joisann had no doubt in her mind that the saying, "the dragon knows best," was true, it just seemed that everything there was wrong. She hoped the best for them.

Candidate Sonulobai

He was distracted away from the drama surrounding Devil's Food. Instead he watched the eggs, Brownie and Blondie, dig furrows in the sand between the other eggs. Their ability to move like this was unbelievable. How was it even possible? he wondered. Then they collided. That had to hurt. What hurt more was when one of them collided with him, knocking him right off his feet. OOF. Suddenly he was looking up at many dragons on ledges looking down at him, unable to breathe. What...happened? The wind had been knocked out of his lungs. He sat up at what he thought was a slow enough speed, but the world began swimming and spinning. He was going to remain seated for a while.

Candidate Chellemana

Perplexed by Cannoli's actions, Chelle was quickly distracted by the Brownie and Blondie pair. Blue and Green, respectively, they chased one another first through the Sands then through the Candidates. More than once the Candidate had to dodge them as their races laced between everyone. Then they saw another candidate go down. Oh no. But he seemed okay. Probably.

The_Muffin_Puppy
For silly hatchling mentions!

magnadearel
for mentions

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:30 am
During the drama between Devil's Food Cake and her now rider, and to the antics of Brownie and Blondie, Cheesecake had continued their methodical tapping away at their shell and now at last their efforts were rewarded; the heavily cracked egg shifted and distended and then broke apart as the hatchling inside gave one final push.

User Image

The pale brown who stepped forward blinking in the light was on the smaller side for one of his colour, small and elegant with long limbs and a refined face. Once he was clear of the remains of his shell he looked around at the candidates and spectators and warbled a polite greeting; so many of them here to greet him and his siblings, it was really most kind and much appreciated.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:03 pm
Kakaw ignored the boy's brother's words completely, but had only shook the injured boy once, when the candidate dropped to the sands Kakaw was flustered, what should he do now?!

Caffieth wasn't sure either, but lifted his wing as his green sister's eyes turned more yellow than white, he let out a breath he hadn't realised he'd been holding when she stepped forwards and Impressed to the boy she'd attacked, well ..it wasn't how he'd preffered everything happen but he felt the relief coming off Kakaw in waves so he supposed everything was going to be ok, or mostly "I'll let you get to know Yours little sister" he said with a smiling thought, tucking his wing back into his sides as he headed to headbutt his rider gently.

Boy and dragon turned to the Werylingmaster, all other thoughts gone when he mentioned feeding tables, Caffieth instantly realised he was STARVING.... which hit Kakaw in the guts like a brick. He gave a quick bow to the weyrlingmaster and hurried his brown to the tables, ignoring all else as he worked to feed Caffieth. Nothing but the two of them and silent thoughts between them.

Thaliawen
cause Kakaw ignoring Tordy
magnadearel
Caffieth talked to your bb, since he'd been comforting her before she finally Impressed

~~~~~~~

Kakar had felt sick the entire time watching his brother, he thought his brother's dragon was lovely, the way he had cared about the green the way he had. He closed his eyes, fighting the pain in his chest as he watched his twin and his dragon, while he was left behind... they had prepared, they had talked it over but nothing could have prepared him for how empty he would feel. He was absoltuely happy for his twin but he had hoped they'd Impress together... all the talk in the world was nothing with how he felt ... Hollow inside, he would never again have that special thing just between him and his twin... he sighed and tried to turn his attention back to the hatching, watching as two eggs crashed together, revealing a green and a blue who were almost identical, leaving him with another pang, they would have been an ideal pair for him and Kakaw..... what would his dragon be like now? would he even Impress at all? he wondered as he watched the brown hatch. Perhaps a brown? so he could be like his brother, twins on browns... right?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:14 am
magnadearel
Weyrship Entourage

S'var 15

"Let's hope that rider of hers is strong willed then," S'var agreed with a slight smile to V'ine, once again trying to push out of his mind the knowledge that things like that would likely not matter for some of these dragons, many of them even if their mother's good health during her pregnancy didn't protect them.

"And another brown," S'var smiled once more as the pale hatchling emerged, another calm one there and he was glad to see it. "Eight greens so far, and six eggs left to hatch," he continued, scanning the intact eggs and weighing up which might contain more greens. "Many of the smallest eggs have already hatched... but perhaps we will see some large greens?" Baking Tray, Battenburg, and Bread Pudding could well be and he would put good money on Shortbread being such. As for the others? Apple Pie and Blackforest Gateu looked to be too large, and Cheese and Wine certainly was.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:18 pm
Turanves hadn’t...said anything to him. Tordare looked to his brother for a moment, confused and hurt. He’d known about his brother’s desire for a bronze but was it too much to ask for Turanves to be happy for him?

His parents would have been proud of him, wouldn’t they?

That was a question no one could answer. But he had another the Weyrlingmaster undoubtedly know! “How do we know how much to feed them?” He asked.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:25 pm
Weyrlingmaster R'ulfr

His new pupils were keeping him busy. Some needed careful instruction and monitoring. One seemed to be Tordare, a very young boy who seemed to be having some kind of problems with his elder brother. Without candid explanations, he could only surmise it had to do with their (likely traumatic) Impressions.

"Yes?" he replied to Tordare. "There is no clean cut amount. Usually what we give them in the bucket is enough. Larger hatchlings will need more than smaller ones, and we take that into consideration when the meat is prepared. If your dragon needs more, we can get more."  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:36 pm
No set amount? Well. Sativuth was a bigger dragon, so he might need more once the bucket was gone. It was good information. “How come when he’s hungry I feel hungry?” He asked. It hadn’t just been the average hunger pangs, it had been a clawing pain like he’d never experienced before.

Sativuth wasn’t much help with that question.

We are together.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:43 pm
L'ux - shards he'd waited forever to use that name! - had to admit that he'd completely zoned out for a good while, just passing bits of meat to Cochith and feeling the blue's mind wind through his. He only realised this when new voices caught his attention, and he turned to Tordare with a puzzled grin.

"Weren't you listening in lessons mate?" He passed another chunk to Cochith as he spoke and scratched the blue's jaw with his free hand, stuff like that was like- basic basic, like non-riders out in Holds new it basic, and Tordare was a weyrbrat right? Maybe a few glows short of a basket, then. "It's the bond," he went on, because just asking the question didn't help the kid. "You feel what they feel, and they feel what you feel - like you're one person but also two at the same time right Weyrlingmaster? It's why flights are intense, though you won't have to deal with that for a good few turns yet." Nobody had ever heard of a dragon rising or chasing before their rider was nearly eighteen so far as he knew, and it wasn't uncommon for it to take longer than that.

Thaliawen
Melomar

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:12 pm
Tordare froze. He looked over to L’ux. “I listened,” he protested. But something about today had cleared his mind. His brother being injured, Impressing... How was he supposed to remember everything?

He gave Sativuth a chunk of meat, flustered. And anyway, he couldn’t ask the questions he wanted to. “I’ll be sure to ask you, next time I have a question.” He muttered. Know-it-all.

It didn’t help him with the questions circulating his mind. Did his brother hate him? Was he alright? Even happy, maybe? He’d impressed!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:21 pm
Uhhh...Hu. Okay then!

"Sure, I'll be glad to help if I can!" L'ux chirped, unfazed and cheerful in the face of the kid who was putting the brat in weyrbrat. Seriously, how did you not get that a bond to a dragon was a bond to a dragon? Not his problem though, and he wasn't going to say anymore than that in case the Weyrlingmaster got pissed with him, or with the kid who didn't know what he'd just walked into despite living in a Weyr his whole life.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:55 pm
Weyrlingmaster R'ulfr

"Yes. Tordare -- have you chosen an elision for your name yet? -- it is indeed about the bond. Right now you both are getting used to it, and so you may feel things like hunger to be especially strong, maybe almost painful. Do not be alarmed by it. In my experience this lessens over time, but it may also be a sign that your bond with your dragon is and will continue to be quite strong." He briefly placed what he hoped was a reassuring hand on the young boy's shoulder.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:02 pm
Melomar
Weyrlingmaster R'ulfr

"Oh, right eliding!" L'ux grinned up at the weyrlingmaster and said; "Did I already say I'm using L'ux? Feel like I might have, but I've been a bit zoned out with him to be honest."

As L'ux jerked his head at him Cochith trilled with delight and rubbed his face against his rider's jaw. It's a great name, I'm so happy I got to meet you and let you use it at last!

"It is a great name," L'ux agreed with a stupid grin, which stayed on his face as he looked up at R'ulfr again. "How're you feeling meeting your first new class right now 'master? Excited?"  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:13 pm
“Uh. To’da, sir,” the boy nodded in understanding. He knew about the bond, but he hadn’t imagined it to be so strong or sudden. He felt marginally better with the man’s words.

“Thank you,” he said. He had never imagined he’d impress so soon! But Sativuth had needed him.

You needed me. Sativuth said. You asked me for help and I didn’t know how to help but to...

“I needed you.” To’da agreed, with a smile.  
Event Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff