Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Backlog RP] Broken? (T’ye, Ionan, Ashlyn, others) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:03 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"Well, sometimes it is harder to notice something when you are involved. Now about almost dying, I think it is kind of like that, where you are close to slipping between. I would imagine it is scary too,"she mused thoughtfully.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:04 pm
Thaliawen
So that girl was probably scared, laying in the infirmary. Ionan frowned slightly. He didn't want to visit her alone. He liked her well enough, but not enough to encourage her to think he liked her. "It's scary to see," he said. He hated admitting he'd been scared. He was too old to be scared! He was practically full grown. But this was his sister and he didn't think she would judge him too harshly.

He hugged her again.

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:06 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"It is definitely okay to be scared, you know that, right? Ash'il and I still get scared every time we go up there during thread. Even Mom and Dad get scared and you know how old they are. What helps me is knowing that Gyafrith will do everything he can to keep me safe, as will Dad. That and knowing that I am helping to protect people that can't,"Ashlyn explained. She hugged her brother softly.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:06 pm
Thaliawen
Even they got scared? But they were so brave! They fought Thread and protected Pern from the harm caused by the silver menace. He almost didn’t believe Ashlyn. “I guess I need a dragon to be as brave as you,” he said. He didn’t have anyone who’d go out of their way to keep him safe.

“I was afraid she’d die,” he admitted. And more than that, though he didn’t want to admit it, he’d been afraid of getting hurt himself. “When that dragon came towards us... I was scared I’d never get to spend time with you guys again.”

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:07 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"No, you don't need a dragon to be brave. Yes, Gyafrith helps me in that department, but a person can be brave even without a dragon. You showed that on the sands, you helped someone else. And you came out just fine, able to come see us again. The world can be scary, but sometimes we have to find strength inside ourselves,"she pointed out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:08 pm
Thaliawen
Strength within ourselves... Ionan was quiet for a long time, deep in thought. "So bravery is doing what you have to do?" he asked. He couldn't have left that girl on the sands to die, and Rahmi had asked him to help besides. He didn't think it was a matter of bravery or strength.

"I don't know what else I could have done."

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:13 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"Yes, it is doing what you know is right, even if you are scared. Being brave doesn't mean you aren't afraid, it means you do things anyway despite it. And you did what you needed to do,"she told him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:13 pm
Thaliawen
Being brave didn't mean being scared? Ionan hesitated. That changed his entire outlook. How could you be brave and afraid at the same time? It made sense the way she said it, though. He had been afraid but he'd still done the right thing. He hadn't considered doing anything else.

"Do you think you can come check on her with me tomorrow?" he asked.

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:14 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"If you would like to check on her and want me to come with, I can. I have a break during lunch, would that be good for you?"she asked him. She knew that she wouldn't be helping with lessons at that time, so it would work out well. She smiled, glad to know he wanted to see how the girl was doing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:15 pm
During lunch was fine, he thought, as long as he didn’t have to face it alone. “Yeah,” he said. “That’s fine.” He paused and looked up at her. “Do you really think she’ll be okay?” He asked. He was worried still, despite her words.

“I don’t want her to die.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:15 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"Alright, then we will go during my lunch break then. And yes, I am pretty sure that she will be fine, Ionan. Just remember to try and be nice, okay?"she told him gently.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:19 pm
Thaliawen
"Thank you," he said. He really appreciated her willingness to come with him. He knew it was an inconvenience for her, she had people to socialize with and she needed enough time to eat! T'ye would certainly get on her if she didn't eat enough for she and the baby.

"I'm always nice," he huffed. But then he grinned at her. "Okay. But you know how I get when I'm stressed."

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:20 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"It is not a problem, as long as I give myself time to eat, I can definitely fit it in. You know I am always here for you and the rest of our family. And I know how you get when you are stressed, but think of what it must be like being in a new place. I am pretty sure I learned that her and her sister haven't been at the Weyr too long,"she spoke.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:21 pm
Thaliawen
Ionan nodded and hugged her. He was glad she was taking the time to take care of herself. “I guess it would be pretty scary,” he admitted. “If she’s new to the weyr, that was her first hatching. I hope she hasn’t decided to judge all dragons based on the hatching.”

He looked thoughtful. “You could have your dragon meet her.”

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:22 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"Of course it can be scary, it is a new place to get used to. We were lucky in growing up here, so we know how things go. Plus, you were a baby when you came to our family. Yes, I would imagine that was her first hatching and not the calmest of hatchings either. Hopefully her sister's new dragon has seen her, so she can see they are not all like that. And if you think her meeting Gyafrith would help, I am sure he would not mind,"Ashlyn nodded, hugging her brother back.

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff