[Backlog RP] Broken? (T’ye, Ionan, Ashlyn, others) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:55 am
In which Ionan worries for Tizenia, family, and is a teenager.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:55 am
It had been several candlemarks since the hatching, not that Ionan had noticed the passage of time. The fifteen year old was still shocks, he still struggled with taking in what had happened. A girl’s life had been in his hands, literally, until a healer had come and taken her away. The healer had assured him that she’d be alright, but Ionan didn’t quite believe him. It sounded like the sort of thing someone said to keep a person from freaking. He and Ra’mi certainly had been.

Was she going to die? If he’d done something else, if he’d gotten in the way of that dragon instead, would she have been alright? Why did he care so much? He would have understood if it had been Kinye, he’d known her his whole life. But he’d only met this girl once, by chance, when they’d been assigned to peel tubers together.

Why did her life matter so much to him?

He had to find Ash. This conversation wasn’t one he could have with his mother. He was sure, too, that she was busy comforting Kinye, Tass, or even Demanthra’s boyfriend, he’d been a wreck. Ionan swept his hand through his blonde hair and swallowed. No, he couldn’t go to mom about this. He had to be an adult about it.

And that meant talking to his big sister.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:56 am
Dea and #Teddy#
Ashlyn was just leaving the weyrling barracks, having just finished checking on their Jr. Weyrlings that were still settling in. She still couldn't believe how many they had and that was in addition to the Sr. Weyrlings from the beach hatching. They certainly would have their hands full for awhile, though she knew she would be out of commission for a few months, having her second child. She headed over to Gyafrith and stroked his head when he bent it down to her. Her poor blue was getting the brunt of her being pregnant, she would have to make it up to him.

"Alright, pal, we should head back and make sure T'ye has everything under control at home. Weyrlings are all doing fine,"Ashlyn spoke.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:09 pm
Thaliawen
Poor T’ye. He felt like an expert when it came to his own son, it was easy to comfort a toddler. Either they were hungry, they were overtired, or they needed help understanding their own emotions. He’d gone through ‘it’s okay to be mad, it’s not okay to throw things’ and that. Those didn’t work on teenagers.

Teenagers didn’t tantrum. They entered your weyr unannounced with a metaphorical cloud hanging over their head. T’ye could tell there was something wrong with Ionan when he entered, but the fifteen year old was quiet.

“I’m waiting for Ash,” he said. “If you bother me, you’ll regret it.”

T’ye didn’t dare bother him.

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:09 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
Though they only had to head up to the weyrs above the Weyrling barracks, Gyafrith felt better flying her up to their own home himself. So once she was situated, he glided up to where his ledge was and landed gracefully. Then he allowed her to get off and enter the weyr, sending his love in after her.

"Honey, I am home. Not like I go far but, you know how Gyafrith is,"she smiled, having not noticed her brother had showed up yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:10 pm
Thaliawen
T’ye looked up from the book he’d been using to hide from Ionan’s glare. He gave Ashlyn a smile. “I’m glad he’s as careful with you as he is,” he said. “We have a guest,” he gestured with his head towards Ionan. He nodded towards the boy. “He won’t talk to me, so whatever’s on his mind must be important.”

Ionan ignored him. The teenager stood and went to his sister, wrapping his arms gently around her.

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:21 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"You know he has been protective of me since he and I impressed. And oh, a guest, I wasn't expecting any one to vis.."she began, before Ashlyn found her brother hugging her. She returned the hug he gave her, listening to her weyrmate explain the young man wouldn't even speak to him.

"Hello Ionan, what brings you to see me?"she asked gently.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:30 pm
Thaliawen
T’ye was amused. He had been vague intentionally, but Ionan’s hug had given them both away. He did worry, however. The earlier hatching had been a rough one and Ionan had been close to a girl T’ye had thought was dead. She’d been rushed to the healers by an apprentice he didn’t know, so it was likely she would be alright. Would the kids that had been around her be alright? It had been a lot of blood...

“Do you think she’ll be alright?” Ionan asked. “That girl I helped?”

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:31 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
Ashlyn heard her brother's question and she didn't need to ask who he was talking about. She may have been busy during all of that, but Gyafrith had made sure she got anything she needed to know. Not only that, but she remembered that one of the new Jr. Weyrlings was the older sister to the girl mentioned.

"From what I could get from her sister, she was awake when she went to see her. So it will take time, but she should be alright,"she answered gently.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:36 pm
Thaliawen
She was alright? Ionan took a deep breath out of relief, but he hadn't let go of his sister. "I'm glad," he said. That didn't seem to be the only thing on his mind, however, as he lingered and made no sign that he would be leaving. "Why do I care so much?" he muttered. Siblings were different. They were precious to him, like he imagined a dragon would be. But different.

"I just... I had to do something when I saw her on the ground. I don't know if it was wrong. I know we're supposed to focus on the hatching, but she was dying!"

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:40 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"I figured you would be glad to hear that, after what you had to see on the sands. Every life is precious, Ionan, I think you must know that. So you were doing what came natural, you were helping someone you saw get hurt. You stayed with her, until a healer could come to get her. You still had some attention on the sands, I am sure. As for caring, you are that kind of person,"Ashlyn explained to him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:51 pm
“Every life is precious,” Ionan echoed, nodding in understanding. He’d never been an apprentice, but he’d retained what he’d overheard his sisters studying aloud. “She needed someone. Rhiyn wasn’t able to help, and Ra’mi needed mine to keep her alive. She wouldn’t stop bleeding.” They’d had to tear their own robes to make compresses to stop the bleeding.

He hugged her again. “I think something in me broke,” he said. “I can’t really describe it. But she needed help and I had to.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:52 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"That is nothing to be ashamed of, it is good to help others when you can. You saw how badly she had been hurt and you reacted. All of you might have been the only thing keeping her alive out there. It is never easy, I know all too well from being a healer apprentice and as an assistant Weyrlingmaster. You took what you remembered me saying when I was studying and applied it,"she told him softly.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:55 pm
Thaliawen
“I don’t like seeing people hurt,” he muttered. Thread was scary, he’d seen what that could do. Dragons were supposed to be the heroes of that story, but he’d seen that they could be just as terrifying. “I didn’t know what else I could have done.”

He didn’t seem to want to leave. He veered his gaze around the weyr. “What am I supposed to do if something like that happens again? I’m not a healer.”

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:06 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"No one likes to see others getting hurt, Ionan. And you did the best you could, not knowing healing. And next time it happens, just do what you know how to do, giving them time before the healers come. You don't have to be a healer to do that,"she reminded.

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff