[Greenflight] Long Awaited (Samodith's Maiden Flight) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Samodith's moodiness over the past several days had been nothing especially noticable: ever fickle in her affections, it was quite common for the young green to turn from cuddling someone to pushing them away for no outwardly discernible reason. A few of her siblings and cousins had always been less likely to be on the receiving end of such temperamental behavior, however, so when she'd started snapping at those, it had become clear that something was up. But oh, she still very much wanted affection and closeness, and right after hissing at one friend, would sweetly approach another for boops and snuggles...right up until she was tired of that one. Back and forth and in circles she went, until she'd exhausted all of her cuddle partners. The last day had been the worst, since by that point, soft glow or not, few were brave or tolerant enough to risk the inevitable mood swing, leaving her wanting and deeply annoyed.

Finally, half a candlemark after dinner, with Hers - the only one who had no need to worry that she would be rumbled at - leaning up against her as she studied, Samodith raised purple eyes to the darkening sky and shifted. The evening air is most pleasant. ...Yes, I think this will do quite nicely. A nuzzle for Akaris, and she nudged her rider to her feet and inside so that she would have the space she needed to unfurl her bright wings and push herself from the ledge. She let herself fall for a few moments before she caught the air, bugling sweetly to the Weyr.

Oh, won't anyone come and keep me company? I cannot bear the thought of being alone on such a perfect night.

She wasted no time on a blooding, as she had energy enough on her own from the anticipation that had been building within her for some time. It wasn't that she wanted to be first, it was just that she happened to be ready. That others weren't, or wouldn't be for some time, was no concern of hers. Not even fond feelings for any of her classmates would keep her on the ground - she was ready now, and not waiting for anyone. They would have their chance another time.

About Samodith:
A social butterfly, who is incredibly affectionate but can be temperamental; graceful, charming, and intelligent and confident enough to be a force to be reckoned with if she wants to be. Also very soft.
Positive Traits: alluring, confident, graceful
Negative Traits: temperamental, cruel, manipulative

About Akaris:
Confident, charming, 100% aware that she is gorgeous and willing to use that to her advantage; more vulnerable than she lets on, and highly dependent on the positive relationships in her life; romantic, but also a gossip.
Positive Traits: imaginative, charming, confident
Negative Traits: indecisive, vain, immature

Rules/Info:
  • There will be 3 rounds of rolling, and then Samodith will choose a winner.
  • The first round will begin at about 5 PM EST on Thursday 7/4, and each round will last approximately 48 hours (or sooner if everyone has posted), maybe slightly more depending on my own schedule.
  • If you roll for your entry for the round, but don't fill your post, your points for that round will be halved.
  • Please keep track of your own score and be honest! The rolling and scores, however, are ultimately more for flavor than anything. If Samodith develops a hard preference, which may be influenced by score, that's who she will choose. The highest score or a suitor who matches her total are not guaranteed to win. If she is indecisive, I may roll between suitors.
  • Akaris will for sure be spending the Flight with R'lyr, so riders will have to find their own company!
  • This Flight is open to High Reaches residents only.
  • NPCs are fine, if you have no one eligible to chase.

Samodith's Stats
Green Dragon: +50
Less than 5 turns: +2
Fit/Motivated: +10
Total: 62pts

Strength: 9
Speed: 12
Dexterity: 14
Stamina: 11
Wits: 16

Determining Your Derg's Stats:
Base points for bronze: 35pts
Base points for brown: 40pts
Base points for blue OR green: 45pts

If the derg is:
- Less than 5 turns: +2 points
- Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
- Between 21-35 turns: +7 points
- Above 36 turns: +5 points

- Rotund/Lazy: +0 points
- Average/Normal: +5 points
- Fit/Motivated: +10 points

- Charming: +5pts
- Intelligent: +3pts
- Aggressive: +2pts
- Colorist: -5pts
- Wishy-washy and/or Cowardly: -3pts
- Dimwitted and/or Naive: -2pts

Using the above points, you get your point total, which is up to you to distribute through your base stats. Please try to keep your distributions realistic for your particular dragon!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:05 pm
User Image

< Dizzy! It is time! >

Diz yawned and rolled to one side of the bed. Time for what, Cooz? I was about to sleep.

< Then sleep! > the young bronze boomed amicably, checking himself over for any unwanted dirt or herdbeast blood to his hide, flaring his wings this way and that. < I can’t! It’s one of the new maidens! I have to make a good first impression! >

Uhhhh... Drowsily, Diz commiserated with his dragon. Oh, that one? He didn’t really pay attention, but, well, he wouldn’t mind practicing a bit of his pick up lines...Have fun, dude. I’ll see what magic I can work after I...just streeeeetch it out...

Cusnth couldn’t wait a moment more and propelled himself from the ledge, trumpeting his answer to the call. As it was evening, he didn’t have quite the risk to blind like he would have in the sun, but he did his best to angle himself so that the moonlight caught his own shining hide anyway, hoping to dazzle. he called. Wait. He needed to stick to the whole knight/maiden bit, which was way easier than outright flirting.

Ahem.

< The most noble and daring Cusnth has come to your aid! > he went on. < The night is perfect only because the fair lady flies tonight. Imagine if we caught the starlight together! >
- - -
CUSNTH STATS
bronze (35), less than 5 turns (2), fit/motivated (10), charming or so he thinks (5) = 52
stre: 12
spd: 9
dex: 10
stam: 10
wits: 11

[ stalwart, heroic, lawful; perfectionist, awkward, secretly insecure ]

(Diz is out looking unaware of Akaris’s situation, if someone else is about!)  

medigel

Anxious Spirit

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:45 am
User Image

The sight of a glowing green taking flight from a ledge had Ddraigth's attention. It was easy to see that it was one of the lovely weyrlings. It only took a moment for him to debate on if he was going to take flight and chase after her before he was in the air.

A deep brassy bugle answered her own as he came up towards where she and another bronze were in the air. The purple flecked in his eyes as he watched the lovely sweet green. Alone you shall not be, dear Samodith. Allow me to support you and enjoy this night with you.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ddraigth's Stats
Bronze: 35
Between 6-20 Turns: 10
Fit/Motivated: 10
Intelligent: 3
Total: 58

Strength: 12
Speed: 14
Dexterity: 10
Stamina: 10
Wits: 12  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aryath was lounging on his ledge, radiating contentment. When Samodith’s call went out though he was up on his feet and ready in an instant. No. L’iand told Aryath trying to preemptively stop him, but it was too late already. Aryath was pushing off and heading for the skies. Lovely Samodith, how lucky we are that you are the first of your clutch to rise. A perfect lady for a perfect night.

Brown: 40
Fit/Motivated: +10 points
Charming: +5 pts

Strength: 13
Speed: 10
Dexterity: 9
Stamina: 12
Wits: 13  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:36 pm
Weveneth sat prim and proper on his ledge, watching the young green swoop elegantly past.

Lovely, he said to Agni, a hint of purple creeping into his gaze.

I can't tell if you're being a pervert or not, Wev.

Honestly? Neither can I. The brown stood, stretched, and leaped into the sky, following after Samodith's suitors in silence. He brushed the green's mind with an invitation, a pretty little picture of the two of them enjoying a most delightful evening together.

Quote:
NPC Weveneth: a friendly, sharp-witted dragon with a bit of a lewd streak, Weveneth strives to be heroic when he can, but is a bit too rebellious to succeed consistently
NPC Agni: a fighty, bitey young woman who used to punch people while others bet on her

Base points for brown: 40pts

- Less than 5 turns: +2 points
- Fit/Motivated: +10 points
- Intelligent: +3pts
----------------------------------------------
Total: 55

Strength: 10
Speed: 11
Dexterity: 11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:58 am
The night had been creeping in and most were taking to their ledges to retire under a darkening sky. It was in these dark hours that Litanuth became his most restless, most active, most eager to snap up things that glittered across the surface of his personal ocean to see what they were and how desirable they were to keep. Things like the pale figures of young greens who were feeling their calls for the sky and coming to answer them.

Interest rumbled across their bond, and H'aal sent a dark, unreadable look his dragon's way. If you must, he pressed, the large blue rising from his perch and spreading his almost awkwardly large wings. I must, he answered, dropping from his ledge with no bugle, no yelling challenge as he joined those who circled. As far as Litanuth was concerned, the others weren't even there, things to be caught in tides and pushed away. Water off his back. Nothings.

His voice was not smooth and sweet and full of honeyed words like the others may have offered as he brushed his presence across the mind of the young green. Is lovely all you want them to think you are at the end of the night? Surely you are much, much more than that. Perhaps he was hoping she'd keep him on his toes - or perhaps he was simply curious to see if she was something more exciting than something to just be chased when everything was over.

-----

NPC BLUE LITANUTH: Intelligent, but dark minded. Prone to enormous bouts of envy once he's decided he wants something and doesn't get it. Can be hard to read at times.
NPC H'AAL: Sharp minded, but has a tendency to be spiteful. Used to be a Sailor and definitely acts it. Only came to the Weyr when Threadfall took out his ship.

STATS:
Blue: 45
Between 21-35 Turns: 7
Fit: 10

Strength: 15
Wits: 20  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:00 pm
NPC I'tan of bronze Rizoth
[I have a ton of WIPs and this is one of them. << He will be made into a PC when I'm able to actually write profiles again, haha.]

User Image

The bronze dragon's eyes whirled a mix of red, followed by a rich purple as Samodith bugled out to the Weyr. Green flights might have been common in a Weyr, but Rizoth could see the the young green was anything but ordinary! With her pale hide, and her sweet words, the bronze dragon gave a loud bugle back. Only fools would turn a blind eye to your call, and I assure you, sweet lady, I am no fool! The bronze swept open his wings before pushing himself from his ledge. The night was young, but the green already airborn; who knew when she would catch a night breeze and take off? Your beauty is second to none.

- - -

About Rizoth: He is an older dragon of the Weyr, but he'd have you know that just means he's experienced. ; ) He is a familiar face in many flights, as he is always tempted. He has caught and sired many High Reaches clutches, but he's also hosted and loved many a green. He isn't necessarily a heart-breaker--he never is intentionally cruel--but he is a bronze with quite an appetite, and that appetite hasn't yet be sated.

About I'tan: He's a known bronzerider of High Reaches. While he isn't colorist, per say, he has no problem taking full advantage of what his rank gives him in High Reaches Weyr. Like dragon like rider, he is more of a known heart breaker. He's not the sort to do relationships (so he claims) but he does have some favorites that he's seen with. Casual dates or bed fellows are just fine by him--and he is good about making those he's with feel like they're the star. Someday he'll be bit by the love bug, but that day is not today.

Rizoth's Stats:
Above 36: +5
Motivated/Fit: +5
Charming: +5
Intelligent: +5

Speed: 8
Dexterity: 7
Stamina: 13

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 26 ... 17!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:09 pm
A couple of browns, a few bronzes, and a lone blue; it was not a poor turnout, yet there was still a sharp sting of a disappointment and a biting irritation that went with it, for a lack that she didn't waste time putting words to.  Rising made her no less mercurial in her affections, and the sweetness with which she'd lured her suitors to her was quickly turned on its head by some vague notion of a slight.  It was Cusnth who would receive the brunt of the feelings. A cutie, am I?  Or am I lady?  Which is it that you want...and what if I am neither?

I am more than cute.  More than dear, or sweet.  More than just first. One, at least, seemed to grasp that - no great surprise that it was the blue.  The older bronze, too, was of some interest, surely experienced...and right that any who ignored her call were fools! The young green whipped upward with a snap of her wings, propelling herself away from the group with all the speed her color was known for.  Let them try to keep up!  She twisted and turned in the air, deliberately flying in a way that could prove difficult for the larger, bulkier males to follow. You would have me?  Make me yours for the night?  Then you will earn it.  Give me more than sweet words and fantasies - show me that you are worthy!

It was a demand, and she would see it obeyed, or else.

Strength: 9
Speed: 12
Dexterity: 14
Wits: 16

Score: 17

For Round 1, roll Speed+Dex! Round 2 will begin in about 48 hours, at around 5 PM EST on Saturday 7/6 (or before, if everyone has posted).  

Meepfur
Crew

Uta generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 11!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:15 pm
NPC I'tan of bronze Rizoth

Rounds:
1. Speed + Dex = 8 + 7 = 15/11
Total: 11

Sure enough, the green dragon suddenly went up, up, and away--and with an anger and passion that he knew well. Up he went after, trying hard to keep up, knowing full well the challenge of catching a green was keeping up with her! Rizoth knew his limits, and knew that he would never, not in a million years, be able to match the speed and dexterity of a beautiful green. If he wished to catch her, he would need to fly fast and hard and hope he might charm his way into her hearts.

Such fire and passion! Surely, beautiful Samodith, you deserve nothing but the best and High Reaches does you a great disservice. You are more than just a pretty green or a prize for the night; you are fierce, strong, capable; you deserve more than what the Weyr has given you. Put us through our paces, shining star; for even if I do not win your allure, being spurned by you is better than being too cowardly to chase at all. And it was truth. He would rather be snapped and snarled at by her, and to find his claws empty, than to have never chased at all.

The Weyr had no taste, clearly.

- - -

About Rizoth: He is an older dragon of the Weyr, but he'd have you know that just means he's experienced. ; ) He is a familiar face in many flights, as he is always tempted. He has caught and sired many High Reaches clutches, but he's also hosted and loved many a green. He isn't necessarily a heart-breaker--he never is intentionally cruel--but he is a bronze with quite an appetite, and that appetite hasn't yet be sated.

About I'tan: He's a known bronzerider of High Reaches. While he isn't colorist, per say, he has no problem taking full advantage of what his rank gives him in High Reaches Weyr. Like dragon like rider, he is more of a known heart breaker. He's not the sort to do relationships (so he claims) but he does have some favorites that he's seen with. Casual dates or bed fellows are just fine by him--and he is good about making those he's with feel like they're the star. Someday he'll be bit by the love bug, but that day is not today.

Rizoth's Stats:
Above 36: +5
Motivated/Fit: +5
Charming: +5
Intelligent: +5

Speed: 8
Dexterity: 7
Stamina: 13

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 20 ... 12!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:45 pm
Samodith's ire only made Litanuth rumble with interest. Let me see. I am watching, even with the others who answered the call, he'd looked to no others. She challenged them to take to the sky after her, and a strong down stroke of his wings would send him after her.

No sweet words, but his mind lingered near never the less. Already you show the deftness of a great Threadfighter. The Red Star must be trembling, observation, not sweet flirtation. That he was there showed his interest, he didn't need to echo the others.

----

NPC BLUE LITANUTH: Intelligent, but dark minded. Prone to enormous bouts of envy once he's decided he wants something and doesn't get it. Can be hard to read at times.
NPC H'AAL: Sharp minded, but has a tendency to be spiteful. Used to be a Sailor and definitely acts it. Only came to the Weyr when Threadfall took out his ship.

STATS:
Blue: 45
Between 21-35 Turns: 7
Fit: 10

Wits: 20

Round 1: (speed + dex) 12  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

medigel generated a random number between 1 and 19 ... 9!

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:56 pm
< I want to prove myself to you, lady of the night! > Cusnth responded with another bugle and the vigor of the young and (relatively) untested. If anything, the snappy response made him want to do better, just as his rider seemed to thrive on following after people who wouldn’t give him a second glance. The bronze might not have the experience like the rest, but he had the hearts and the daring to go for a green that was definitely too fast for him. He pumped his wings and tried to guess at Samodith’s trajectory.

< Whether you’re both or neither or something else or everything and more, what does it matter what I think? I am just the knight, and you the lady holder generous enough to have us! I’ll serve you in whatever capacity you wish, even if it means tearing my wing muscles to keep up! > And Cusnth meant it too, as he tried to mimic the green’s swift turns with far less grace and a whole lot of enthusiasm, showing off how powerful his wingbeats were as if they made the difference.

- - -
CUSNTH STATS
stre: 12
spd: 9
dex: 10
stam: 10
wits: 11

round 1: 9
round 2:
round 3:  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:03 pm
((Deleting this post/reposting so I can roll!))  

sariraii

Smerdle generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 19!

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:49 pm
Weveneth snorted, the sound likely lost on the rushing wind. She was cute, but if she didn't want to hear that, he could play along.

How would you have us earn the honor? he asked, his mindvoice a low caress. The brown sped up significantly, passing Samodith by a nose before slowing to trail her once more. Is this a good start? It was a mistake to show off too early, but her biting challenge had spurred a contrary cheekiness in him that he wasn't bothering to rein in.

Quote:
Strength: 10
Speed: 11
Dexterity: 11

Quote:
round one: (speed + dex) 19

Stygian Supernaut generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 1!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:53 pm
Brown Zellateth
User Image

A green rises! I must go to her!

Bretah rolled her eyes sensing the urgency in Zellateth's tone, as though greens didn't rise nearly every day in High Reaches. She shrugged out of her flight jacket, the two of them had just landed and the brown was ready to go again? Psh. Fine.

Of course, what would she do without you? Give her a good challenge darling, if you're derailing my whole night for this.

I shall!

Zellateth dropped from the ledge where he'd just deposited his rider and gave a jubilant bugle, eyes whirling purple with just a few flecks of challenging red. His wings unfurled, catching the air below and and cutting frantically through it in an attempt to propel him closer to those already in the sky.

Don't forget about me, my lady! You may be quick, but your match has arrived! Ignore these others Samodith, the night will be ours alone and what a beautiful night it will be!

Maybe the brown wasn't as charming as some of the others, but he was certainly sure of himself.

NPC Bretah: An honorable traditionalist with a history in the healer craft, caring but can be cold towards those who earn her disfavor.

NPC Brown Zellateth: A large brown without an off switch, if something is happening he's there, and that definitely includes a flight regardless of whether he has a chance to catch. He can get a bit angry if he doesn't get his way or something takes too long, but his rider generally keeps him in check. +Enthusiastic +Courageous +Confident -Cocky -Impatient -Temperamental

Brown (+40) Under 5 turns (+2) Motivated (+10) Aggressive (+2) Total: 54

Strength: 12
Wits: 11

Round One: (Spd + Dex) 1
Round Two:
Round Three:

And then he rolled a one and couldn't even catch up let alone back up his big mouth  

Stygian Supernaut

Sparkly Husband

6,925 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
faesinger generated a random number between 1 and 19 ... 3!

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:12 pm
Aryath knew his limitations and though he tried to follow the lovely green, he could not very well. Quickly he fell to the back of the group. But he would not allow her to forget him if he had any say in the matter. Samodith, so fierce and proud, I could never claim you as my own only ask that you spend the night with me, still your own dragon. You are not a being to be possessed but to be reveled in.

Brown: 40
Fit/Motivated: +10 points
Charming: +5 pts

Strength: 13
Wits: 13  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items