Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:20 am
Quote:
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - Weyrling of Gold Mictecath

It wasn’t quite nightfall; dusk had transformed the sky into a wondrous canvas, inky blues and violets reaching out to brush the scintillating crimson and gold that lingered upon the horizon. Stars were readying themselves for their courtly dance across the heavens. Mictecath looked up, wistful, one last wish threaded in her thoughts.

Go on. I know you won’t be happy if you don’t. You’re growing up so fast, my dear… and tomorrow, we will be assigned our own weyr. The stirrings of summer warmth had afforded the bowl a pleasant air and temperature. It was a wonderful night to stargaze or sleep outside, with no inclement weather predicted.

They don’t need to separate us… they could let us live in a big weyr, all together…

I’ll get a blanket. No one will be getting cold on my watch. I’m sure the other weyrlings won’t mind. Go on, love. Call them. Ask them politely- don’t force them. Some would prefer to sleep alone, I am sure.

There was a moment of hesitation- pure and sweet, and so unlike the boundary-less queen, who saw cuddling as just another form of expression. She gazed up at the skies, then towards the barracks, reaching out to her clutchmates and cousins, to her mother and father. Would you all care to join us, for one last big cuddle? I shall try to keep you all warm with every heartbeat and breath that I have… Earnest and innocent, there was an uncharacteristic note of pleading in her voice. If Fianth and Krahsujunth came too, absolutely nobody would be cold… nobody would be alone. They could all lie beneath the stars as one big happy family, proud and proper, and everybody would be safe and happy and loved.

A sudden croon, wrapped in her usual melodic, musical tones, broke past her fear of being refused. Mictecath was delighted by the mental image as she waited for a response; in the meantime, her rider went to fetch more blankets.

Quote:
All are welcome. heart

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:01 am
User Image

There was a restless air in the barracks...or maybe that was just her. Arlie felt anxious at the idea of having her own place. She had never, ever been alone before. At home she’d had family (albeit not the happiest kind), on the run she’d had Haveli, and in the barracks there were plenty of girls to stifle the silence. Having her own room, however small it might be...it didn’t feel right. Earned, even. She could only look forward to the eventual roommate, honestly, even if six months in Arlie was still timid about approaching classmates outside of studies and exercises. Faranth, that wasn’t even considering how her sister felt about the whole thing...

Alegriath as usual nursed her through her thoughts, spinning them into positives. Getting their own weyr was going to be fun! And she could make friends with whoever they shared with! And they’d get a nice view from high up! And she was doing awesomely! No headtunnelsnakes burrowing bad things here! The white bubbled forth nothing but love as Arlie went through her things to start packing, pulling up fun memories for each seemingly from the aether. If it was a scary step forward, then it was less scary doing it together, right?

And then Mictecath’s call came, and while Arlie wasn’t physically with her dragon, she could feel the verve course like lightning through her as Alegriath became a bouncing machine.

< OOOOO YESYESYESYESYESYESYESSSSSSS~! > Why hasn’t she thought of that? Bless her cousin’s most golden of hearts! < ArlieLove, you’ll go join the human cuddle puddle right? > she asked.

I don’t know if it works like that, Arlie replied hesitantly. Or if she’s doing—

< Go anyway! We have to! It’s like a sendoff of love! > With the equivalent of a mental nose boop, the white took off to find Mic before her rider could protest too much. That seemed the easiest way to get her to do things.

Arlie sighed a little. She paused in her folding of an extra long white scarf, Nyaranau’s gift from Turnover, and then picked back up again. Maybe she should finish before looking around...

< Don’t wait too long! >

Alegriath alighted by the gold and trotted with due haste to butt her head against Mictecath, practically sparkling with love. Or maybe that was the sunset catching her hide. She laughed as she half hopped-half flapped up to reach the gold’s head for the usual snout to shout greeting she preferred. < Cousin Mic! I bet you’ll get big enough to cuddle all of us! > Ale declared. Granted, her perspective was probably skewed, but Mic had always seemed all-encompassing—especially in the love department. < Maybe I should go hide under a wing and surprise the next guest! >

That seemed too good an idea to wait for an answer. She immediately ducked under, a tiny glittering snout peeking out when she turned.

Sweet Symmetry

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:55 pm
Nanuth wasn't sure how he felt about this whole moving to their own weyrs tomorrow. He had thought he might get a ledge of his own, but only the metallics were guaranteed that benefit. He envied his golden sister and Bossuth the most, since they were two of them he was closest to. As if his thoughts had unconsciously called out, he heard the aforementioned golden sister's voice in his head. He could hear the pleading in her voice and he could tell this move must be hardest on her.

I know you are reluctant because there will be a lot..there. However, you would be upset if you didn't go,Zamistia pointed out to her brown.

Yeah, guess I will just have to deal with the crowd. Not looking forward to it, but she sounds like she could use it,Nanuth admitted. So with his rider in tow, he headed out to where Mictecath was. He noticed one of their white cousins were already there.

Sister dear, you know we would not refuse your request. Hello, Alegriath,he greeted both.  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:10 pm
Zezollath was up on her feet before Mictecath had even finished, peering alert and eager towards where her dearest sister was calling them out on the sands of the bowl. Oh! Oh F'enn, can we? Can...I? The whippy little green spun around to croon at her rider, who she knew had been craving the freedom that would come with moving out for months—she was already happy that moving out would make him happy, but that did not change that the thought of suddenly being apart from all, or almost all, of her family was...just a little lonely.

For his part, the young man just raised a brow, as if to ask 'haven't you had enough of them all in the last six months?' He'd been an only child coming up, and there was yet no love lost between him and his parents (though the acidic hatred he'd had for his father had... mellowed somewhat since a bit before the hatching). Still, it was a simple thing to want... and he couldn't possibly deny his sweet green any single thing her hearts desired. With a grunt he hauled himself up, cupping her slim snout in his hands and pressing a kiss between her eye ridges. "Alright, alright. You go on ahead, and I'll be there in a minute, alright?"

Zezollath hesitated only a minute, not wanting to leave F'enn behind, but a mental nudge—he really would be along, he promised, he just wanted to get his boots and maybe find a chair to dragon along—sent her trotting from the barracks towards her golden sister, brown brother, and her tiny white cousin. What a wonderful idea, Mictecath! I'm so happy to see you one more time before we're split up, Alegriath, Nanuth... do you think maybe any of us, we'll end up weyring together? She slowed as she drew near, tenderly reaching out to bump her head against them each in turn, whirling blue-green eyes scanning about for the rest of her family, who surely, surely would be joining them.

----------------------------------------------------

Oh, what a grand idea! Iweth had been curled close (or as close as a growing bronze could be) to where Theo was busily copying between scrolls at his desk, and his headknob nearly snagged on the edge of the seat, his head shot up so fast. You hear that, my Theo? They're having a party!

That of course made the man beside him give a small, amused huff. "I do think she said 'cuddle', from what I heard through you. I don't think it's quite a party, Iweth..." Not that that would stop the bronze. He loved social gatherings, and Theo started to roll up his work without another pause. There was no way his dragon would miss it, and frankly, the thought of being parted from the bronze even six months into their relationship seemed intolerable. The thought of cuddling with anyone, even his peers, left his heart racing just a bit, but he supposed he would just bring his own blanket, make sure everything stayed proper.

In only a little time the pair exited the barracks, Iweth fluttering his wings in excitement and making directly for the growing throng. Sister! Lovely cousins! What a wonderful idea! I've brought my Theo—and he's brought a blanket, though it looks like you had some already, hmm?

----------------------------------------------------

From high above (though not too high), Krahsujunth lifted his head from where it had lay, nestled against Fianth’s as they lightly dozed. His daughter had called out, with a loving sort of hopeful invitation that made her sound very much like her mother, and for not the first time the ragged blue dragon felt his hearts almost ache with his tender affection for his family. It had grown so swiftly—in number and then in size—and it had been startling and not a little painful to realize that they were already on the cusp of leaving the barracks—and what safety had been afforded them—behind.

Light of my life, shining brighter than Rukbat in the sky of my hearts—shall we go to them? One last time before they take their first... no, their second steps from beneath our wings? He did not like that they were growing up. Did not like that they would never be the tiny hatchlings they had begun as again. And he could only imagine how Fianth felt—she had gone past this strange proud and mournful milestone before, and for him it was only the first time; the first and last all in one.

... I will miss seeing them playing together. Now it will be only drills, and fighting. He was proud of them all already—he would be proud of them each day until she thread or between claimed them, and then longer still. But it was for his children, and his children’s cousins as well, that for once he wished for a life where fighting was not needed. Where they could remain, for a little longer, their happy and untroubled hatchlings.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:45 pm
One last time? You hardly believe that to be truth, do you? Martirae asked Anakumath, who was mulling the invitation over with a certain degree of hesitation - not because she didn't want to, but perhaps - If you do not allow them to love you, how will they know you love them? she reminded gently and not for the first time. Such tenderness would quickly hide itself back away once any other entered, private for only her beloved.

It would not take much more nudging to send the gold carefully creeping towards where Mictecatch had summoned the others to join her, eyes yellowing as she saw the already growing crowd. Oh- Go. Martirae pressed the thought over all others to keep her from losing her nerve as she carefully edged her way into the perimeter of the growing pile - not into anybody's space, and making no demands to join in fully.

Her little spot was alright. She didn't need more than this.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:54 am
t'rin and ingonth

Ingonth was napping on a ledge high in the fireheights when he heard his sibling's request. It wasn't a personal invitation, but he wasn't about to deny the party his presence because of it. He stretched his forelegs out straight in front of him before he rose, perfect little teeth on display as he yawned widely.

Mictecath is asking us to meet in the bowl. How busy are you?

Not very. Much like Arlie, T'rin was packing, though he was far more excited than anxious about it all. He was simply desperate for a little of his own space again, the prospect of sharing with one other person far more tolerable than a roomful. T'rin nodded at his blue's implied request, even though Ingonth couldn't see him, then continued to fold what was in his arms. Make your entrance. I'll be there soon.

Ingonth winged off of the ledge and after a few lazy spirals above, he joined his assembled clutchmates with a lilting bugle that sounded almost like a fanfare.

Good evening, everyone! Aren't we all looking marvelous? Some more than others, but he was feeling charitable tonight. Still, he announced their names nearly in order of preference, like the worst kind of popular kid. Mictecath, Alegriath, Anakumath, Zezollath, Iweth, Nanuth! I certainly hope you didn't start the cuddling without me.

Quote:
dear everyone,

i'm sorry about this betch

love, smerd

Smerdle

Scamp

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items