Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[prp] title for later (raelin/dorame/saith/heichath)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:44 pm
The Tea clutch’s first Threadfall came, and Raelin hadn’t been worried. Saith, bless her fussy hearts, had always made sure they made it to lessons with time to spare, and Raelin had tried to keep her nose to the grindstone to keep up. But of course, doing well when it mattered wasn’t enough; being a fighting pair meant anything could happen every single day.

During aerial drills, Saith managed not just to pull a wing muscle but also tear out a nail trying to land and get it looked at. Even as they applied numbweed and bandages at the infirmary later that afternoon, Raelin found herself continuing to flex her hand in sympathetic pain.

“At least you got something on both sides,” she offered as dry consolation. “Left wing, right claw. Nice and balanced.” Always about that balance with her.

Curled in a wallow-like depression, Saith peered at Hers with half-lidded green eyes, the occasional flecks of orange emerging when the pain pulsed with her heartbeats. She had always been a delicate green, but this was a bit much. < Ever kind in observation. Will you bring me a wherry, as I’m so very incapacitated? >

“Oh, sure. Want me to butcher it and put some garnishes while I’m at it?”

< Naturally, > Saith replied. < I’m so very sorry to bother you, but you do like keeping busy. Speaking of, I need an oiling as well. >

The sarcasm between them was so thick, it was almost coming out the other end as straight talk.

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:45 pm
medigel

Dorame was, admittedly, green behind the ears as far as Thread was concerned. She had done all she could to prepare them the bloodening, mentally and physically, but in the end nothing could really prepare a rider for their first Threadfall. The pair had not performed poorly, both rider and dragon had come out the other end mostly unscaved. It was something else, something more intimate, that was playing on her thoughts.

The dynamic of the pair's relationship was shifting. A change they were both all too aware of but neither was ready to address. Her Heichath was becoming a force of nature, ready to catch her in his maelstrom if her fortitude ever faulted.

The great blue circled the skies above, elegant despite his bulk, and his landing was swift and fluid. Heichath stood tall and straight, his head raised proudly to make use of every inch he had been graced him with. The proud beast carried himself with an air of importance that many would consider undeserved, as was his nature.

Vibrant eyes fell to gaze upon his curled sibling, flickering yellow for a mere moment before the colour mellowed to their usual green.

‘Saith’ His voice came, smooth and deep and all too charming.

‘How are you faring?’

Dorame, still perched on the back of the blue beast, glanced down at the green and her rider, offering no more than a nod of her head in greeting.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:22 pm
Saith turned to look up, perhaps with an exaggerated tilt or perhaps because her brother was indeed so very tall, especially with him standing and her sitting. < Heichath, > she greeted in turn, whatever annoyance she had smoothed over with pleasure at the visit. She too sat up, gently shifting so that her aggravated muscles didn’t complain more; already there was a bruise forming around where the nail had torn out. < I will live, much to MyRaelin’s dismay. >

Raelin uncrossed her arms, having already consigned herself to the fact that she’d need to baby her dragon for a little bit, and began gathering her hair in a ponytail. “Hey. Visit or dropping something off for the healers?” she asked Dorame as she searched for a hair tie in her pockets. “I see Heichath knows how to land, unlike someone I know.” She hadn’t been worried about anyone in their class with the introduction of Thread, honestly, which was saying something about her confidence in their competence.

Ignoring the bait, Saith continued, < Are you well? I haven’t had a chance to ask everyone what their thoughts about our First Blooding were. >

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:29 pm
medigel

Heichath, to his credit, did not react to the banter between Saith and Realin shared; though, endearment reflected in his vibrant eyes as he watched the two interact. His expression grew more serious when his sister asked for his opinion on the Blooding, though the change was so subtle that it could have easily gone unnoticed. The great blue thought carefully about his words, before settling on the only sentence that did the experience justice.

’It was humbling.’ He admitted.

All the while, his gaze upon his dear sister never faltered. He knew of the bruising on her toe and her face betrayed the ache in her muscles. It broke his hearts a little.

’Yet, as always, a joy to see you in the skies. Both of you soar beautifully.’ His eyes flickered from dragon to rider before he gave a gentle bow of his head. A motion to acknowledge their efforts and the blood spilled.

Dorame, still saddled and showing no signs of dismounting her beast, remained as still as a gargoyle on the blue’s back. Her face was a picture of indifference - clearly not in a rush to leave, but seemingly indifferent towards the heartwarming reunion between siblings.

”Heichath wanted to check on his kin. That is all.” Her words were blunt but not cold. Heichath had refused to rest until he had done his rounds and put his mind at ease - Dorame had no real choice but to indulge his request. Heichath, like most dragons, was of little use once distracted.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:22 pm
Saith hummed softly in agreement. Humbling was a good word for it, and especially choice for someone as proud as Heichath. She partially wished her injuries came from the enemy rather than her own foolishness, to have some degree of honor in it. Her pride, however mild it was, had also been bruised alongside her body; the last thing Saith wanted was to be treated differently for her mistakes, hence how the green continued to hold herself as if the infirmary was a choice place for a nap rather than anything else.

< Sweet praise as always, if undeserved, > Saith replied with dry yet clear affection. < Sahrawith and Harneth did better. As did you. But we will do better next time as well. > So simply did she declare it that it had to come true.

She let her gaze drift up beyond Heichath as if watching the skies for more Thread, though there was nothing but sun and clouds. < I wasn’t afraid. Not from anything so strong as bravado, but because this is our purpose. We should meet it unbowed. > Saith was unshakeable, seemingly immune to anxiety or worry. She had always been calm even as a hatchling. But. < I wonder if that would serve me better than, say, your passion. >

Raelin nodded slightly back at the blue in turn before finally wrestling her hair into the tie. It had grown longer and really needed a cut before it got in the way. “She’ll keep him there for a while if you’re in no hurry,” she said to Dorame, neither pushing for her fellow weyrling to move nor to stay. Dorame was a lot more reserved than most, though it had never bothered Raelin much. “Princess wants me grabbing some meat if you want to stretch your legs. I’ve got some dumb gossip too.”

Three guesses as to who it was about.

(R’ose. It was inevitably about or tangentially regarding R’ose.)

Z o m b i k ii

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff