[PRP] Forward, Slowly (Nadry/C'lusi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:57 pm
So many shaffing stairs. Nadry was officially over climbing them. After two months, she and Menankith had had a whole sevenday of flying, only to wind up grounded again, probably for at least as long, and for ostensibly the same reason. Fortunately, R'shahar being a bronzerider did mean that there were fewer stairs to trudge up than if she'd been in her original weyr, but it was still well past old by this point. She had to tell herself that at least it was exercise, since she hadn't been getting quite as much of that over the last couple of months.

And at least there was a good reason to go up the stairs, rather than stay in the infirmary day in and day out. Not that she hadn't been in there for half the day anyway, since she had another month or so of her punishment left, but they'd let her out a bit early. Yet again, Menankith had taken the brunt of the hit, but she was scored enough for it to be uncomfortable. As for Menankith, though, he wasn't terribly bothered, in spite of the pain. He'd been concerned about not having as much time with Macuith, and while that hadn't factored into their actions during Threadfall - there really had been no other way to save Oyath - it did make being grounded again much easier to take. Nadry certainly sympathized, though it meant that, once again, R'shahar and Viandarth were the only ones on active duty. Not that it would have been better for all of them to be grounded, but it still felt...a little unfair, somehow, that they were stuck away and working for most of the day.

Once she'd reached the top of the stairs, Nadry took a moment to catch her breath and run a hand through her hair (though she suspected that wouldn't do it much good), and peeked into the bag she was carrying to make sure that none of the carefully-wrapped lunch within had shifted too much or gotten squashed...and frowned when it peeped up at her. "Oh, that's why it's so heavy - would you get out of there, please?"

The pale blue flit cheeped as he obliged, settling on her shoulder only to be shooed off. "Come on now, you've been lazy enough." Another look into the bag revealed that he hadn't eaten anything, he'd just wanted a ride. "Typical." At least it hadn't been Sneaks, or half the food would have been gone. Nadry shook her head and made her way down the corridor to their weyr and nudged the door open. Sir swooped in to announce them with a trill, looping around the room once before settling on the bed.

Uta

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:42 pm
Meepfur

C'lusi was surprised when Nadry entered their shared weyr, though no less pleased to see her. The blue rider had been allowed back to his own weyr, provided he promised to take his recovery slow. Though he was patched up, his arm was still in need of care. Furthermore, his time in the infirmary, along with the depression and sadness that had left him full of despair, had also taken its toll on his body. He was thinner than usual, still weaker than he would have preferred, and not entirely back to his old self. Oh, he was all smiles for guests, and often for his weyrmates...

But he was still struggling with what he, and his precious blue, had lost. But that was his battle to fight, his struggle, and pride wouldn't allow him to so easily fall to pieces or admit to it. He trusted R'shahar and Nadry, but he felt as if he'd already burdened them; was still burdening them. He cried enough on them, and didn't dare want to burn them out with his struggles. Macuith would live; he would live; what was there to mourn, anyway? An arm? A foreleg? And yet, it was C'lusi's vanity that was in tatters; his confidence was shaken, which was unusual for the man. He had confidence in droves, and yet, since the accident, he now struggled to even look at his reflection. He was touchy, uncomfortable in his own skin, and very aware of what little remained of his right arm.

But he faked it... as often as he could. Playing pretend was something he could do, and if it kept his lovers, or mother, or sisters, or friends from worrying, then it was something he'd keep trying to do.

He was fine.
This was fine.

"Nadry, darling," he greeted from where he had been settled upon their bed, pushing himself up from where he'd slid into a sulk. A quill and ink rested on the nightstand beside him, and a few pieces of hide were strewn on the bed... It was clear he'd been practicing writing with his left hand. It was also clear he'd grown frustrated with it and had discarded it some time ago. While he was improving, it wasn't nearly as neat or elegant as he was accustomed to or desired.

"I didn't expect you home so soon." Not that he minded. Having Nadry near meant he could think about anything else but his angst. "The healers done with you already?" He smiled as brightly as he could muster, which was easier now that she was here. For her, for R'shahar, C'lusi would do anything.

See? He was just fine.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:10 am
"Hope I'm not interrupting anything," she said playfully, in spite of the obviousness of what he had been doing, with hides here and there.  He'd clearly been practicing only to give up for the time being, but Nadry generally took the approach not to pick directly at such things.  Though C'lusi tried to pretend that everything was fine and normal, it was very obviously not.  In many respects, it was difficult to have to see, from how very different he looked, to the changes in his behavior, but at the same time, he was alive.  He was awake.  He was home.  And she would absolutely take that to the alternatives, and do the best she could to help...and if letting him pretend sometimes helped, then she would go with that.  If ever she pushed, it was gently.

While Sir chittered curiously at the scattered hides and crept to investigate them, Nadry set the bag of food down on a clear spot on the bed, then moved to lean in and kiss the bluerider on the cheek before settling on the edge of the bed. "They decided to take it easy on me for a few days.  They're getting even more of me this month than they expected, anyway."

Because here she was with a wealth of free time.  Again.  But like Menankith, she would take it, especially now that C'lusi was up and about. "Hungry?  I brought lunch.  I think there's even a bubblypie in there, if Sir didn't squash it on the way up."

If nothing else, lost weight at least was simple enough to remedy.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:59 pm
C’lusi gave a small snort and a shake of his head at her query. “What’s to interrupt? I was working on my letters, and… well, the results speak for themself.” He gestured at the papers, even as Sir began to investigate them. He couldn’t help but be frustrated; his penmanship and script writing had always been nice. Now? It looked like something a child would scratch out. The pen in his hand felt unnatural, and his legibility was questionable at best.

Still, he scootched up a bit more, and picked up some of the papers, trying to at least organize the bed a little. The fact he was still lounging (sulking, more like it) in bed was atypical. Depression wasn’t easy though, and he still tired more frequently than he had before the accident. His body was still recuperating, and Macuith was still further behind than him. He knew he’d get better quicker once Macuith was at least able to return to their weyr; it felt lonely and empty having him separated, even if he made daily visits.

But for now, Nadry was here, and home, and that gave him someone to think about and fuss over. A distraction from his own thoughts and the darkness that still gripped him. “I certainly wouldn’t mind if they’d go easy on you the rest of the time. You could tell them it would be in my best interest to have you on hand; you can still tend to the injured, such as I am, and I can have the best--and prettiest--Healer helping me through my woes. Sounds like a win-win, doesn’t it?” He mused in his usual flirty fashion.

Flirting, at least, was easy.

It was everything that came after that was a little more complicated these days.

Still, he pushed aside those thoughts, and instead, reached forward so he might pull the bag closer, curiously. “Food sounds lovely, even if it’s been flattened by Sir Moustache. Shall we remain here, or move to the table?” He asked, answering his own question in the process. “I suppose R’shahar wouldn’t like a bed full of crumbs, later.”

See? Happy. Normal. Just like old times. Fake it ‘til you make it.

“How’s Menankith doing? His wing feeling any better today?”

Meepfur

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:44 am
Nadry leaned further over to reach for a paper, even as Sir began to paw at any that hadn't yet been picked up, pulling them into an untidy pile that he could knead and twirl a few circles on before curling up on this most excellent nest.  How convenient that they were all there, just waiting for him to come along!  His eyes swam a happy blue-green, and he heaved a contented sigh. "Well, he seems pretty pleased with the results, at least," Nadry pointed out, adding the paper she'd taken to the side of the flit's nest after she'd given it a quick look-over. "It is looking better."

But she well knew that better wouldn't be good enough, not for C'lusi.  It wouldn't be good enough until it was just as it was, nor was it enough that she and R'shahar would be happy to transcribe for him in the meantime.  And he certainly didn't need to hear again that all it would take was time, patience, and practice.  That, no doubt, would quickly become very old and very frustrating to have repeated over and over, and so she didn't.  Platitudes were little help, so mostly she settled instead for being good company, readily close and affectionate - and eagerly so, in spite of any insecurities the bluerider might have.  That he was less an arm, or quite a bit more scarred, wasn't a deterrent to her at all.  She adored him no less, and was no less attracted to him.  She scooted herself a little closer, reaching a hand to smooth out a mussed bit of of hair as he investigated the food.  It was all fairly standard fair, nothing too exotic, but there was nothing wrong with comfort food.

"You and me both," she agreed as to the matter of her remaining time in the infirmary. "But spending more time with you would hardly qualify as punishment, and then how could I ever be expected to learn my lesson?" Nadry crinkled her nose, by now very much over her prescribed sentence.  She wouldn't argue that she hadn't deserved it, but with C'lusi finally home, she was quite impatient with it.

As for crumbs... "Given the right distraction, he probably wouldn't even notice...or would at least be happy to forgive us." Another lean in for another kiss, though her stomach rumbled to protest the delay between acquiring food and eating it.  Still, in spite of her words, she did move to take it to the table - if C'lusi had been in bed most of the day, it would be good to get him out of it, even if it was just over to the table.

"He insists it's just fine, of course." For all that he disapproved of untruths, his own ability to withstand and recover from injuries was a bit more of a gray area, apparently. "He's really just happy he gets to spend more time with Macuith...not that it was intentional, but no one's going to catch him complaining about being down.  Or me, for that matter." They had more time to keep their recovering beloveds company, and that was absolutely a bright side (that, and A'ye and Oyath were whole and well, which was unquestionably worth being grounded for another few months). In some ways, it was frustrating not to be fighting, especially so soon after the change-up in the wings, but they were very much needed here on the ground just now, so it was a fair enough trade, even if it was a bit selfish to think so as others continued to risk life and limb. But they'f be up again soon enough.

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:03 pm
Meepfur

C'lusi watched as Sir made himself a proper nest with the discarded papers and parchment. To see the little creature happily curled up in his little make-shift nest was quite adorable, and even his dour mood couldn't resist a smile. "I suppose that's somethin' then," he admitted with a sigh. "Gotta look at the bright side, right?" He parroted half-heartedly. It wasn't that he didn't believe it, but sometimes it was hard not to want to just wallow in self-pity. He always knew Threadfall was dangerous, he just... never thought.. he'd lose an arm over it, or Macuith a leg. There were dragons who had been just as inexperienced as he, dragons who had been fighting Thread for Turns that still had all their limbs, and riders who had all their arms. Why did it have to happen to them? Why did it have to happen at all?

He felt Macuith stir from his rest, could tell his inward sulking was causing the blue a bit of alarm. It's all good, Mac. You keep sleeping now...Rest up, and I'll see you this afternoon.

Still, the blue dragon, from where he rested in the Infirmary, sent a wave of support--weakly, but no less potent in its sincerity.

Looking back at Nadry, he offered a more sincere smile this time. "I don't know about better, but I think a few of the letters are legible. Gr'del should have made us all learn how to write using both hands--just in case," he stated, giving a small laugh at the thought. A ridiculous one, really, but it certainly would have saved his pride now that he was down to using his left hand. Still, Nadry's kiss brightened his mood, and he bumped her head lightly with his before she got up and moved to the table.

Part of him wouldn't have minded staying on the bed, but with Sir Moustache nesting, it would be probably do to move. Getting up would be good for him anyway. Slowly, carefully, he pushed himself to the edge of the bed and stood. He was getting better day by day, but the initially injury and depression had caused him to drop quite a bit of weight and muscle mass. That could all be recovered though, with time, and a bit of work.

"If it's punishment they wanted, they could have left R'shahar and me up to the task," he teased with a wicked little grin. A shadow of his former self, bubbling up to the surface. "...I suppose deprivation is the best way to learn, alas. We'd probably have too much fun with it anyway." He grudgingly confessed, hurrying to the table so he might pull out a chair for Nadry. He might be depressed and full of despair, but he still could have manners. And pulling out a chair one-handed was something he COULD do.

"Well, I know Macuith is worried about him and his wing injuries, but also glad for the company. That time y'all were back up in the sky had him pining for his company, and Viandarth's--though he never would have wanted either of them injured. He thinks Menankith's quite the fetching hero though," he admitted. "He hopes to be back up in the sky by the time Menankith is back in the game, but I don't know. He can't even fly to our ledge yet." His nose crinkled a bit. C'lusi desperately wanted his blue back at their weyr--at least then they could all be closer. But the healers needed his burns to heal over before they let him away--they didn't need the blue falling on his wounds and tearing them open, or risking infection.

"So what shall it be, my dear? Something sweet? Something savory?" He could serve her while she sat. Be useful for a change.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:36 pm
"Way to scare the candidates," Nadry contributed with a soft huff of laughter. It was awfully dark humor, but neither untrue nor entirely unfunny. "Maybe F'dral will take it up." From what she'd heard, he was quite a change from his predecessor, and she was rather glad she'd Impressed before the change, though in truth it probably wouldn't have impacted her very much. She had, after all, been very good at following the rules, right up until Menankith had happened. And even then, the incident that had led to her stint in the infirmary had really been the first time she'd stepped over a line.

"Oh, yes, having you two in charge of my punishment would be sure to keep me on the straight and narrow," she laughed, sinking into the chair he'd pulled out for her. Proper posture be shaffed, she slouched comfortably down into it and tilted her head back to look up at him, her smile playful and her gaze full of fondness. He might worry otherwise, but she adored him still. "I'd love to see the looks on their faces while you outlined the plan for my rehabilitation."

"Menankith does love to be the fetching hero, so he has no complaints. And he definitely doesn't mind a little fussing over, even if he'd never admit it." But he did have a soft spot for flattery and attention, especially from a certain blue who was ever-so-good at it, and Macuith had been catering to that particular need since well before they'd been flying. As to when Macuith would be flying again, well. "Soon, I hope," she said softly. "He's got at least a couple of months before Menankith'll be doing any flying again, so maybe they'll make it back to the ledge around the same time."

"Mmm.." she closed her eyes for a moment as she weighed her options. Being served was something she'd not previously been used to, but she'd learned to go with the flow and enjoy it when it happened. It did feel a bit odd, considering the situation, but she certainly wasn't going to argue if it was what he wanted to do. "I suppose, if I'm practicing being good, I should save the sweets for last."

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:40 pm
C’lusi gave a small smile, humor brightening his gaze, as Nadry spoke. He leaned down, as she gazed up, and planted a small kiss on the tip of her nose before smiling. “You know we’d take it very seriously,” he spoke as seriously as he could, though a smile tugged at the edge of his lips. “They could always at least let us try… We’d keep you so busy the Weyr wouldn’t see much of you, I’m sure. Alas, I suppose until R’shahar or you is Weyrleader, we must all make do.”

See? Everything was fine. Everything was normal. There were moments when everything felt like it was just like it had before the accident. When he forgot that he was down an arm, that Macuith was down a forearm, and that nothing had changed. Right now, C’lusi was trying valiantly for this to be one of those times.

“It would be nice,” he stated with a small, wistful sigh. Even though Macuith was connected to him at every moment, no matter the distance, he couldn’t help but ache for the sight of him. To know he was still there, to know he was getting better. The long-bouts of sleep, the pain they shared, and the knowledge that Macuith desperately wanted to be back on his ledge with Menankith and Viandarth made it feel as if the infirmary was an eternity away. “He’d like if they could make it back together. Won’t be long before he’s working on his wing muscles, right?” Nevermind getting used to balancing only on three limbs, or learning how to land.

When Nadry made her choice, C’lusi did his best to serve her. Thankfully, most of the goodies didn’t require two hands to serve. It was, perhaps, cheating (he didn’t have to slice a cake or pie, after all) but it was a small victory all the same. The blue rider instead placed a meatroll on Nadry’s plate… and then placed a small spiced sweetroll next to it. She might have been trying to lay off the sweets, but C’lusi knew her preference, rules be damned.

Picking up a meatroll himself, the blue rider finally took a seta himself with a sigh. Even though he was recuperating, he was still easily winded and exhausted. Even the smallest tasks took it out of him, which was frustrating to no end. Still, he was determined to have a nice little lunch with Nadry.
”Meepfur”

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:34 pm
She couldn't help but giggle when he kissed her nose, eyes alight with happiness. This might all be a very small little moment in the scheme of things, but after all that had happened, it meant so much to have little moments like this one. "I'd certainly prefer it...but maybe a little too well. The two of you might turn me into a repeat offender instead of reforming me." As though she wasn't already quite thoroughly corrupted by now, and loving it. "Mm, maybe one day we'll be so lucky, but until then, we'll just have to make the most of it."

Hearing his wistful sigh, Nadry reached up to keep him close for a moment longer with a reassuring hand, and shifted in her seat to kiss along his jaw. "Not long at all. Then he'll be back in the air, making the whole Weyr jealous because they'll still never be as fabulous as he is."

And the same could be said for the blue's rider, as well. She knew full well he'd been much swooned-over by more than just her, and she didn't doubt that she and R'shahar would continue to be the envy of many for having him all to themselves. It was still hard to believe sometimes that she could possibly have the both of them, that they had wanted her and still did, that not one but two such wonderful men could love her. It was far beyond anything she'd ever imagined just a few short Turns ago.

Nadry beamed her thanks when C'lusi set the meatroll (and its sweet little cousin) before her. Though she noted that the relatively small task had been an effort, she saw no reason to call attention to that fact; she didn't want to add to his frustrations by being overly fussy. "Trying to see if I can be good, hmm?" she accused teasingly. Pointedly, she picked up the meatroll and took a little bite. "See? I've quite learned my lesson, I assure you."

Yes. Totally reformed in every way. Her sentence in the infirmary had truly done wonders.

Uta

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff