Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[PRP] Treasure or Trash? (Thulile x Hjalmar)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:22 pm
User ImageIt wasn't often that Thulile found herself with little to do, but ever since Des had joined the den the work got done twice as fast. Des claimed to only do about a quarter of it and that Thulile did the rest, but the tan lioness was sure her companion helped out more than that. She complained during a lot of it, sure, but Thulile was glad for the company and would listen intently. Her stories of life before Hjalmar had captured her were entertaining and captivating, leading them to clean and do their other duties even faster.

But today there had been little to do and Thulile found herself wandering on the rocky shores of the pride, the seas calmer than they had been in quite some time now that the war above had settled. The angry waves had tossed up some very interesting things on the rocks and she was picking her way through them, curious as to what she could find. There were broken bits of trees and wood, the occasional item she had never seen before, and dead sea creatures that smelled terrible. Something shiny caught her eye and off she went, away from the smelly crabs and fish to seek it out.

Her hunt didn't last too long, and before she knew it she was back at the den, her prize clutched gently between her teeth. From the smell of the air at the entrance of the den she could tell Hjalmar was back from wherever he'd gone and she dropped the item onto the ground, quickly covering it with her paw to hide it.

"Hjalmar," she called out, trying to contain the excitement in her voice. "Are you back?"

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:17 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hjalmar was frowning, though it was clear from the slightly glazed look in his eye that his attention was turned inwards at the moment. The hostile exchange with Dreki had happened a while ago now, and neither had seen hide nor hair of the other since, not that Hjalmar was particularly sad about that. No, it bothered him more that rumor had it that she was... well... pregnant. He hoped that she never tried to approach him about the subject - to be frank, he'd rather pretend that whatever spawn she had didn't even exist.

His thoughts were broken at the sound of his name and, with a shake of his head, he pushed the thoughts from his mind to look over at his Thrall. Thulile certainly sounded like she was in a good mood, he thought with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, I arrived home not long ago." He pushed himself up with a grunt, "I was surprised to see the den empty, but it looks like you and Desdemona have been keeping up with your chores well. I take it she has been settling in?"

SilverLutz

MangoMeow

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:25 pm
Thulile held her ground as Hjalmar got up, not wanting to uncover her surprise just yet. She knew that there were much grander things the male had probably seen and collected out on his Vikings, but since she really couldn't leave the pride's lands there was only so much she could do in terms of hunting for treasure of her own. Some of the Thralls were quite skilled at crafting but it had never been a forte of hers so this little treasure she had found was about as good as it got.

The question he posed regarding Des made Thulile's ears flick back for a moment in thought. While her companion wasn't thrilled about the Thrall lifestyle she was certainly doing a good job of doing what was asked of her. She just complained about it the whole time.

"I think so, yes," she said with a little nod, not mentioning Desdemona's grousing. She didn't want to get her friend in trouble after all.

"I was walking along the shore today since the weather was nicer than it has been in a while and I found something," she said, pressing on with the reason she had come back so soon from her little adventure.

"I wanted you to have it," Thulile added just a bit shyly as she lifted her paw off the ground. Beneath it was a decently sized piece of foggy sea glass, blue as the sky above on a nice day and triangular in shape.

"I thought it might look nice in your mane," she added, her voice soft now as doubt began to creep into her chest. Here she stood among Hjalmar's pelts and bones and other trophies from his Vikings. Her own little treasure seemed so small and silly compared to the testaments to his battle prowess and skill.

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:04 pm
He raised an eyebrow at her response, almost positive that she was sugarcoating how the other Thrall was handling her situation, but he wasn't going to pry further. He would rather Thulile didn't get caught in between whatever confrontation eventually happened between him and Desdemona, and he had a gut feeling it would come eventually.

He was distracted from his thoughts as she changed the subject, gaze following down to her paw as she lifted her find. He couldn't say he'd ever come across something like it before, and if he could hear her thoughts, he would have commented that she shouldn't sell her find short.

Plus, he had to admit that it was... endearing that she wanted to give something to him. Yet another reason he liked Thulile.

Lowering his head to sniff at it, Hjalmar finally looked up at her with a please glint in his eyes, tilting his head in a gesture to try putting it on him.

SilverLutz

MangoMeow

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:01 pm
Thulile could feel her heart pounding in her chest as Hjalmar moved forward to inspect her prize. He hadn't said a word yet and it was killing her very slightly with anxiety. Did he like it? It probably smelled like dead fish. Dead fish wasn't a bad thing persay, but when they'd been dead for a long time it was pretty smelly. Did he think it was too girly? What if he-

But then there was all the reassurance she needed. An honest to gods smile. She'd never seen him smile at her before, nor at all really, and for a moment Thulile was frozen in place. The subtle nonverbal suggestion to put it in his mane had her scrambling to do so, nearly dropping the bit of glass three times before calming herself enough to tie it to one of the bands that held his larger braids together.

She pulled away once she was done, gazing at the bit of blue in the sea of grey. It looked... really nice, actually, especially with the muted blue of his pelt.

"It...it looks great," she said, relieved that he liked it.

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:15 pm
He held still as she worked, though it was a struggle. He wasn't used to someone messing with his mane like this, not since he was a cub at least. In general, his sisters and mother kept largely out of his life now that he was an adult, so keeping his mane from becoming unkempt had almost entirely fallen to him.

That said, he had to admit that it felt nice....

Pulling back, he glanced at the flicker of blue that now adorned his mane, ear twitching a bit at her response. Well, if she thought it looked good... then perhaps it did. Maybe he would seek out a body of water to look at his reflection later.

For now though, Hjalmar hummed and said something that was rather unlike him, "... Thank you, Thulile."

SilverLutz

MangoMeow

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:30 pm
Thulile held her breath as she waited for Hjalmar's approval and, when it came, a relieved grin spread over her face. She hadn't smiled that genuinely in ages, it seemed, but now that she'd done something for her master that was out of her usual routine...well. She felt like she was worth something again.

"You're welcome," she said with a little bob of her head, a bit embarrassed to meet Hjalmar's eyes. He was usually gruff and withdrawn but in this moment he almost seemed warm and kind and everything that Thulile projected onto him frequently. He had his moments of kindness and understanding, of course, otherwise Thulile would be a very sorry Thrall indeed, but she'd never seen him thankful before this and it was a huge moment.

"If I find more I'll be sure to bring it to you," she added enthusiastically, more than eager to see her little bits of affection woven into his mane.

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:26 pm
He raised an eyebrow in amusement at her enthusiasm, but he'd be lying if he said it wasn't refreshing to see after all the doom and gloom of late. Perhaps what he needed now was a good distraction from everything.

Casting one more look at the blue glimmer by his head, Hjalmar nodded in response, "I look forward to it."

The lion stood to his paws then with a grunt, "For now though, what say you to accompanying me on a walk." He huffed, "I'm getting rather tired of being in this cramped den." It was easy to get lost in his own thoughts in here.

SilverLutz

MangoMeow

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:04 pm
Thulile backed up so Hjalmar could stand without her being in his space, but when he invited her for a walk she very nearly jumped in surprise. He wanted to do something with her that didn't involve cleaning or reorganizing?

"Yes! Oh, um..." She cleared her throat, clearly embarrassed by her enthusiastic reply. "I'd be delighted to join you, Hjalmar." There, that was better, She still had a broad grin on her face, though, and she backed up out of the den so he could exit as well. Thulile tried very hard not to fidget in place, clearly eager to join the male on a stroll, but her tail and ears gave away her excitement.

Once Hjalmar was out of the den she fell into step beside him though she made sure to always stay a pace or two off of his own, letting him lead as was proper for the relationship of Thrall and master.

MangoMeow
Last from me!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:47 pm
Nodding at her response, Hjalmar made his way towards the entrance to the den. Yes, perhaps this was exactly what he needed to move on. Good company, a pretty lioness and someone who won't nag at him. It was nice having someone who he wasn't constantly competing with.

He vaguely wondered where his other Thrall went off to, but then shook his head. Desdemona would probably be just as combative. He would enjoy the moment with his much more mild-mannered Thrall. Thulile would be much more of a healing balm than anything else.

So, with that in mind, he led the way outside.

SilverLutz
Fin!

MangoMeow

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas