Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 5:25 am
One of the greatest travesties of his life to date was the inability to fit within the classrooms as well as he once had, despite how diminutive he was compared to the other bronzes of his clutch. Bossuth, his almost shuffling gate making it more comical, had spent the first two days pacing outside the door that lead into the inner parts of the building, waiting patiently for R'iz despite what appearances might have shown. For surely his would be back out of there soon enough, they could relax or go for a fly around the bowl or... oh how he hated being so large that he didn't get to go everywhere with his rider anymore.

On one claw he supposed that it was for the best, as despite what he'd felt as a child, he couldn't go everywhere with his Radish, but he'd promised Shar that he would and was finding no end of his lack of enthusiasm for the separation. It made it harder still given there was virtually no place for him to hide away when he was feeling effectively overwhelmed by it all. And there were many times where he felt just that, like there was too much happening despite his desire to see it all and be in the middle of it. Bossuth needed somewhere to hide away from most of that and would often fly up to the Fire Heights when he was able, watching it all from a distance, though even there many dragons would congregate.

R'iz had suggested that he push himself so he had taken to stretching out on a large rock in the Bowl, sunning his shining wings in such a way that it hid the inner markings from view. For he was nothing if not an ugly dragon and in no way wanted to draw attention as his wings sometimes did from passersby. It was there that he was lying on a cool late spring morning, trying to hide his slight sulk while his rider was in lessons.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 5:17 pm
Hattaki

Nala had finished her morning chores a bit early today, which was a nice change. She'd decided to go spend a little time outside since the weather had decided to be so nice. The teen stepped out of the dark tunnel (compared to outside it was dark), and moved to the side. Nala closed her eyes and lifted her face to the sun. It felt so nice. Finally some nice weather after a long winter was surely appreciated.

She opened her eyes and looked around, content to just watch people and dragons. Her life had become much more quiet since the hatching. All those she considered friends were now busy with their growing dragons and their own lessons. A familiar bronze form basking on a rock caught her attention. Thinking of which. Nala smiled and wandered her way over. Half way there she frowned and slowed her steps. What if he didn't want her company? Or she interrupted something important he was doing? She didn't see R'iz there at the moment either. Maybe she should try another time.  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:30 pm
Given how warm the sun was, Bossuth could easily have fallen asleep, lulled away by the heat that soaked into his body and bones and only promised to get even more blistering hot as the summer progressed. Something he was looking forward to, even if he knew that his Radish wasn't. But his unease that resulted from feeling somewhat bad for himself, from feeling rather dejected with his largeness and inability to go where he had wanted to that day, as many others, was keeping him wide awake and attentive.

Likely that was the reason that he saw Nalacko, hovering some feet away from him, but stalled as if she couldn't quite finish walking that gap. Maybe it was because his wasn't there, most people were far more interested in his redheaded bonded than they were in him, which made Bossuth more than a little elated, as it meant there were strong bonds there, strong friendships. Waffling for a moment on whether it would be acceptable to call her over if she didn't like him all that much, the little bronze finally let his eyes swirl a full blue and reached out to her with a smile in his voice.

It's a nice day, but a bright day. If you wanted to hide under one of my wings for a bit so you don't burn. He made certain to keep his voice light, so that if she declined it wouldn't seem as though it hurt entirely, wouldn't seem so... foolish on his part. He wasn't much of a dragon to spend time around after all, wasn't even much to look at, so gratefully most seemed fit to ignore him where they could, outside of lessons and such. Bossuth had learned not to take it personally.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:45 pm
Hattaki

She'd just about convinced herself not to bother the dragon, who surely had more important things to do than spend time with a lowly candidate, when she felt his gentle voice in her head. Is this what R'iz and Shar and all of them heard all the time? Maybe she was a little bit jealous, but she would never dream of taking their dragon from them.

Nala gave a bright smile as the dragon invited her into the shade of his wings. She closed the gap and climbed up onto the rock and slip under his wing. "Thank you Bossuth. I hope I'm not bothering you, you looked so alone out here." She leaned against his side and stared up at sunlight leaking through the wing membranes and outlining his beautiful patterns.

How R'iz could tear himself away from looking at them all day she didn't know. "How have you been doing?" It made her so happy the tiny bronze would speak directly to her. So she could talk to him even when his rider wasn't present.  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:56 pm
Lifting his wing all the higher when the small girl climbed up the rock to him, not even thinking that he should come down to her level, which was likely selfish on his part. Fool. But she didn't seem to mind, so Bossuth forced himself to relax, purple edging at his eyes from the gentle tone of her voice, she seemed to be hiding away from something the way she was tucked so fully beneath his wing.

But then wasn't he as well? Hadn't he been attempting to hide from letting others see him sulk about not being able to follow his rider everywhere? The thought nearly had him laughing and a gentle touch from a mind that was otherwise distracted by lessons reached out to him. With the gentlest of waves he let it go, assuring R'iz that he was fine and had company to distract himself with. Bossuth felt the twinge pass and settled himself just a bit so that he could be more aid to Nalacko.

You could never bother me, perceptive of you to notice that I was lonely though. It's been sad not being able to be with Radish all the time anymore, but all dragons grow. The little bronze tried to keep a twinge of sadness out of his voice, How am I? How are you? Gently he pressed his nose to her shoulder, blueish green eyes focused on her face, watching to see how she responded so he would know exactly what she meant.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:40 pm
Hattaki

It felt like a beautiful cocoon. Safe and secure. Nala took a deep breath and simply let herself be for a moment with no worries. It felt so lonely among the candidates. How lucky she was to have good friends among the riders who'd let them borrow their dragons, and dragons that would let themselves be borrowed. She giggled softly at the thought. Nala was fairly sure R'iz wouldn't mind.

His assurance that she wasn't bothering him made tense muscles she hadn't known were tense relax. She accepted his words, but wondered. How had she known he was lonely? Maybe because she'd felt it so often herself that she could simply sense it in the sensitive bronze? Nala patted the shoulder as Bossuth explained his reason for being lonely. "I could understand that." She'd never considered the dragon of a pair might not want to be separated from their rider either, as much as the riders didn't. But it made sense now that she thought about it. She wasn't R'iz, so what could she do?

"It would be a bit crowded if all the dragons could fit inside, don't you think?" Nala mulled thinking what would happen if the tunnels were big enough for the dragons. There was peeping outside his wing as Vine manage to crawl under and crawl into her girl's lap. "I guess your loneliness called out to mine," she said softly. She looked up at the pressure on her shoulder to see his face right next to her own. Her eyes glistened with moisture as she tried not to cry; Nala reached out a hand to rub his jaw.  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:28 pm
Slowly, almost as if she were afraid to, Bossuth watched as Nalacko relaxed beside him, finally no longer as tense as she'd been when she had first begun to approach. That alone pulled a soft creel from him but the hand rubbing his jaw had him tilting his whole head into it. Of course he knew what human tears were, he'd watched his own Radish begin to cry in the night more than once, more so since he'd grown and was no longer stretched across him, but if his head happened to press into the teen's chest it seemed to settle it. So it was with sadness that he watched the beginnings of them start to show in the small girl's eyes.

Yes, there are many dragons much larger than myself that would find it hard. So it's time, as with all things, for dragons to rest where they can outside, on ledges and on the Heights. It wasn't as if Bossuth hadn't known it was coming, for every day he'd grown just a little bit larger and he wasn't yet even at his full length. Just slightly longer than Sahrawith at her full length now. Eventually he'd be completely relegated to being outside at all times, just like other dragons, but in the end he wouldn't mind, despite his jealousy of the whites and greens that could still fit down the hallways.

And of the small fire lizards that would follow their bonded humans everywhere. Blue sparked back into the gray that his eyes had taken on at her wet eyes when he heard one such small dragonkind chirping before entering under the cover of his wing. Loneliness is natural, but on such a sunny day it's terrible for us both to feel. Why're you lonely? While he had good reason to be it was still foolish on his part to feel lonely, but that was only him, with Nalacko certainly she shouldn't feel lonely, she was wonderful and should be running about with her friends.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:33 pm
Hattaki

She smiled at his creel, then as he leaned into her petting. Some dragons seemed so standoffish. She was glad R'iz had gotten such an affection dragon. If he was this open with her, how much more so with his own rider? Nala reached up to rub his eyeridges. "Poor Bossuth. He is only ever a thought away, and so am I. I can usually space out on chores if I need to."

She had no idea if she'd be able to comfort him enough if R'iz was busy, but all she could offer was herself. "Or I can send Vine to keep you company. Does R'iz have a firelizard?" She frowned in thought. She couldn't remember if her friend had one, at least she never remembered seeing him with one. "What do you think? Would he like a firelizard egg? I could save one for him when Vine clutches. Then you'd always have a tiny friend to stay with you."

Deep down, Nala worried that if he had firelizard, he'd never need to talk to her again. She couldn't deny him any happiness even if it meant she'd be more lonely, so she kept the thought buried deep. Nala held Vine in her lap and rubbed her cheek against his soft muzzle. "All my friends are busy with their lessons or dragons. Since they aren't candidates anymore I hardly see them." She couldn't seem to find another clip of the candidates to join.  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 12:36 am
Churring wuffs came from his nose as Bossuth leaned into the rubs at his eye ridges, head pressed firmly against the fingers working their magic there. While that wasn't his absolute favorite place, R'iz was the only one that really had found the other and the little bronze wasn't apt to sharing it with everyone, even if he liked them quite a lot. Apparently it was 'silly'. Not that he deemed it such himself, that was just what others of his clutch had told him, others with much higher stations than himself.

Someday when he and his Radish had their own weyr he would indulge himself once more, but until then it was best to avoid getting in any sort of trouble.

Most of you are only a thought away, yours and mine are much easier to reach to though, as you both have the same gentle thoughts. So just know you're never alone, any time you feel lonely you can come and find me. Bossuth took his head away from her hand and pressed his forehead to hers lightly. He actually has two fire lizards, but only one of them seems to follow any sort of order. The other does what it wishes. Fire lizards were there for him first, in the night. It's fitting that some should be with you as well.

Unlike some dragons, thanks to Phin and Mint's help with his before he'd even hatched, Bossuth couldn't exactly fault the small dragonkind and found them useful and pleasant to be around. At least Mint anyway, the other was far too rambunctious. Gray swirls danced through his eyes at Nala's sadness, at her friends being too busy, for surely that wasn't the case and gently his wing came down to settle around her frame, not so much blocking the sun anymore as holding her. You're friends are not so busy that they wouldn't make time for you. Every Weyrling has a free day and there are many new friends to be made as well. But Mine would happily spend time with you, I'm sure, he's made something for you already after all.

Was he supposed to say that? Bossuth was never exactly certain what a 'present' was and what a 'surprise' could be, since everything was a gift to him.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:26 pm
Hattaki

Nala put all her focus into making the little bronze happy with his eyeridge scratches. She startled for a moment thinking yours meant her dragon, but then she realized he was talking about herself. "I didn't realize that we did," she said softly. Was that why Bossuth liked her so much? Nala did her best to pull back the tears when he promised she could always come find him if she felt lonely. "Thank you. And you're always welcome to call me if you're lonely."

"Oh," Nala looked down, crestfallen. And here she thought she'd come up with a perfect gift. She gave Vine a quick pat. "I only have Vine." Now what should she do? If he already had two, Nala doubted he wanted more. Well she'd give it a long thought and maybe she'd come up with something better.

She leaned into the gentle hug. "I couldn't ask them to spend their only restday with me Bossuth. I'm sure they have more important things to do. And sometimes my restday and theirs isn't the same." Hard to meet up when she was stuck in chores all day. The girl blinked at the mention that R'iz had made her something. When did he have time?

"I should probably should get going to my next assignment. Thank you for the pep talk Bossuth. R'iz really does have the best dragon. Do you want me to leave Vine with you?"  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:14 am
That I'll have to take you up on. Bossuth offered happily, pulling his head back from her hand so that he could press his head straight up against hers, rubbing his cheek and chin against the top of her head with a rumble so that he might rid her of that saddened look that came over her when she found out R'iz had fire lizards. One of them he's had for quite some time, but don't you worry, if you care enough to give someone something certainly you'll never be let down with their response. One of his paws lifted up and set down on her lap gently, careful with his claws even if they were quite blunt thanks to care.

Just Vine seems to be quite a good little fire lizard herself as well. he added with a bright chirp, keeping an eye on the little one who was focused fully on her bonded, as she should be. Given how Nalacko seemed to be in the moment, he was certain that she needed it.

Couldn't ask? Of course she could ask! That's what friends are for, to call upon when you want and to enjoy their company, why would any of them be upset with you wanting to spend time with them? And while rest days don't line up all the time, they do occasionally and that makes them even more special. You just say the word and I'll drag you all together. And he quite meant that too, in fact he could feel his Radish reaching for him, curious of what was going on that his emotions were in this direction, and even though he'd insisted that it was fine, it seemed that R'iz was on his way regardless. Oh you absolutely could leave her with me if you liked, but you should stay just a moment longer anyway.

Of course Bossuth wouldn't let her be late to her next lesson or wherever she was assigned to, but this seemed a good time to show her exactly what he meant when he stated that she could call on them whenever. R'iz would never let him down, that much he was sure, but he sent him a message all the same.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 1:28 pm
Hattaki

It cheered her up to think the little (or not so little) bronze might come to her once in awhile. If she could do that for him, it would make her happy. She laughed, cheered, as he rubbed his own broad head against her own. "I'll keep thinking on something then. If I can't come up with anything by the time Vine clutches again, I'll offer him first pick of her clutch." Maybe he would accept and maybe he wouldn't. That she would offer it to him would be the best she could do.

She patted the delicate paw placed in her lap. It felt like someone was trying to hold her hand, if that someone was a dragon that was. Nala giggled at the mental image. "Vine is a very good girl," she patted the green on the head proudly. The way he made it sound, she realized how silly she was being. She really had been moping since the last Hatching. Her friends would be there if she needed them, and also wouldn't let her over bother them.

She couldn't help giggling at the thought of the bronze getting the whole crew together. Yes if anyone would it would be Bossuth. If she left Vine, then he could send her back if he needed her. Not that he had any problem talking to her himself. Of if she needed him, Vine would let him know. It amazed her when she thought about it, how many of her friends dragons would actually speak directly to her. It made her feel special.

Nala couldn't resist the urge to stay with Bossuth just a tiny bit longer. Surely her instructor would understand, at least she hoped. "You have the prettiest wings in the whole weyr," she murmured softly reaching up to touch the thin membrane keeping the world out just long enough for her to regain her balance.  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:57 pm
Hearing her laughter raised his own spirits and hopes quite a bit, she'd been so low when she'd first appeared, hesitant to come in his direction. He would love that, I know for certain. Bossuth didn't even have to guess at it really, since he knew how R'iz was inside and out. Nalacko was there in the memories that the little bronze had seen once he Impressed to the redhead in the first place, a good force that seemed to remind him quite a bit of his little sister that he'd lost.

Bossuth could get behind that sort of relationship, it seemed to be good for them both.

With a push he insisted that his run, worried about her being late as he could sense it in her feelings and through that bond he could feel R'iz begin to come faster. Fast enough that the teen scampered around the corner of a hallway and out into the bowl. A chuckle came from Bossuth before he acknowledged his and the wing that Nala was tracing her fingers over flexed out, stretching the finely detailed sail. I don't know about that, they're fairly intricate but not 'pretty' on me. Maybe on my brother,they look better. Alquemieth was ten times the dragon that he was, long and large and built far better without a crooked tail or short legs and a shuffle.

"What'd I tell you about being self deprecating? That I'd always hear you and tell you that you're wrong?" R'iz said as he arrived, reaching rough hands up to pull Bossuth's head down by a head knob so he could pat his cheek. "Nala's completely right anyway, you do have the prettiest wings in all of High Reaches." he said with a wink in her direction. While he might have tried to argue at one point, the dragon at least had the decency to look sheepish and duck his head down to his rider's shoulder but his wing stayed up and over Nalacko protectively.

"So what has the both of you together today? Out enjoying the sun between lessons and chores?"

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:57 pm
Hattaki

Plans were already turning in her head. Nala had a goal and she meant to see it through. She'd keep it a secret for now. It'd be a delight when it came to pass.

The teen shook her head venomously in denial. Nala admired it when he stretched it out. "No, I think you're are absolutely the best." She was perhaps biased on the matter, but she believed he had the best wings and color in the whole weyr.

Nala was startled as she heard R'iz voice from no where. She hadn't noticed his approach, distracted by her friend's wing. The teen blushed as R'iz agreed she was right, but nodded when he winked. He was doubly biased.

She flushed again when he asked why they were out together. "Ah just keeping keeping each other company for a little bit. Sometimes the weyr just seems so big." She didn't really want to tell him how they'd been feeling lonely about their friends.  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:13 pm
Already she seemed to have perked up a bit more than when she'd come, though with the arrival of R'iz he knew that she would be even more so in a moment. Or so he hoped anyway. Friends were always the best at bringing others around and making them feel better. Especially with gifts of sorts. A thread of a thought went to his as he tried to keep from being overly flattered by her kind words about his wings. They were certainly nothing special after all, not with his brother wearing the same patterns every day in such a refined manner.

Truly, his brother had his opposite colors, though they were the same if one looked closely enough. So she'd likely enjoy Alquemieth much better than Bossuth himself, but he would never turn a friend or attention away. Maybe that was why his wing closed a little bit tighter about her when she blushed at R'iz, not that the redhead even noticed that she had. Which was all the better for her.

Gently he sent a thread of an idea to his rider about the thing in his pocket.

R'iz, to his credit, didn't mention at all the lateness they were both heaping upon one another but he seemed interested at least in their interaction in general. "You both should bump into one another more often and keep each other company. Usually one of us is stuck in lessons or Bossu and I together. But friends make time for each other right?" He reached into his pocket and pulled out what looked like a normal little ring and held it out to Nala.

This is for Vine, so she can shine too. Bossuth was smiling a little as he said it, especially knowing that Mint was decked out quite as well as he himself always was. Even as he grew R'iz made him new things. For Vine she wouldn't ever grow out of it since she was fully sized.

magnadearel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces