Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:55 am
Quote:
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - Weyrling of Gold Mictecath

Nyaranau pulled on the last of her riding leathers, the smart gloves embroidered by her own hand in a flash of red upon brown wherhide. Warm and comfortable, and yet decorative, without being overly guady, she was proud of her work despite her lack of pronounced skill. Certainly her gloves were unique.

Are you ready, light of my life? She cooed, glancing over the gold.

Of course I am! When am I not? She answered, laughter lacing her words with sweet friendliness. Nanuth, would you care to fly with us? Yours is most certainly welcome! It is time to enjoy these skies that are ours! Mictecath did not forget. She had wanted so badly to fly as a hatchling- she remembered the memories through her rider’s mind.

Nyara grinned, checking Mic’s straps as she waited. Hopefully Misty would come too. It would be nice to fly side by side with a friend- especially now that they were allowed to fly without supervision!

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:46 pm
Nanuth was just landing back down at the barracks, he and Zamistia having just finished delivering something to one of the weyr workers, when he heard his sister's voice in his head. He relayed the message to his rider, just as she was about to climb down from his back.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I mean, you do like to fly. Plus, this would be for fun, instead of work like we just did,Misty thought to him. The brown agreed and he did enjoy spending time with his golden sister. She was one of the ones he actually cared a lot about, that he just didn't play nice because it was expected.

Mine and I are on our way. Where would you like to meet us? We just got back from a delivery, so we are at the barracks,he thought to his sister.

Sweet Symmetry

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:44 am
Dea and #Teddy#

Oh, I hope you are not too fatigued! Please, feel no obligation if you would rather rest. I will not be the one responsible for any hurt or pain you suffer. There was deep and genuine concern in Mic’s mindvoice as she reached out to her brother, warm gentleness curling about him mentally, if not physically. But, if you are well, and still wish to come, we are in the weyrbowl, near the lake. She sent him a mental picture of their surroundings.

Nyara felt impatience course through her, and began to hop from one foot to the other. Idly, she began to stroke the queen’s headknobs. Mic gave an affectionate headboop, careful not to bowl over her rider now that she was much taller. A small croon escaped her throat. Freedom and flight… had life ever been this good, the pair wondered.  
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:44 pm
Do not worry, sister, I feel fine and ready to come fly with you. We didn't have to go very far, just a little message to a worker. And you know I wouldn't say no to sail with you,Nanuth thought back to his sister. He had felt her love and worry, so he sent some reassuring love right back to him. When she sent him a picture of where they were, he sent confirmation that he knew where she meant.

That is sweet of her to worry about us, huh? Alright, let's get to the lake, shall we? We don't want to keep them waiting,Zamistia thought to her brown warmly. She felt Nanuth push off from the ground and began heading to the lake. It was amazing how easy it was to get around the weyr now and they never had to worry about her caution making them leave early. She actually enjoyed flying a lot more, not so nervous when they took to the sky. It didn't take long for them to get to where Mic and Nyara was waiting, landing gently beside them.

Sweet Symmetry

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:05 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

I am glad to hear it! Mic truly was, and thrummed with happiness at his reassurance. That he would be so happy to spend time with them buoyed her hearts. She loved all of her siblings, but Nanuth had distinguished himself as their silent guardian, and drawn her eye. There was no denying he was a very extraordinary dragon- solemn and dignified on the surface, with a reservoir of silent strength and affection beneath.

Nya’s grin shifted a little, noting the purple flecks in her dragon’s eyes, joy filling her heart as she continued to stroke her dragon’s headknobs. It was always good to love as freely and as openly as possible. Love was the ultimate binding force of the universe. It was a belief the pair shared, something they held to no matter how dire things got.

“Ahoy, Misty!” Nyara hollered as the sound of wings stirred her from her thoughts. Mic bugled in greeting, moving forwards to rub her cheek against Nanuth’s in greeting. You do look well! And it is so good to see you- you seem especially full of life this evening. Gracious and glad, she hummed as she nuzzled him, ever the affectionate one.

“How are you this evening? Ready for a joyflight?” Nyara’s grin reached from ear to ear as she watched her fellow weyrling. Misty was hardly the nervous girl she had been, when they had first gotten to know each other better. She was maturing so quickly! Maybe there was hope for Ruunan, still…

Greetings done, Nyaranau mounted her dragon, signalling that all was well on her end. Would you care to take the lead, Nanuth? For a time, at least. Mic gave a little draconic laugh, crooning once more. Her muscles tensed as she prepared for take-off, and Nya’s heart beat at a double-pace as the excitement threatened to consume her.  
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:20 pm
"Hello Nyara, it is good to see you and Mic looking well...this evening as well. We are doing well, flying has become almost second nature,"Zamistia answered with a soft laugh as her brown seemed to stick out his chest a second. Well, that was until he was returning his sister's nuzzles with plenty of his own. She patted her brown gently on the side of his neck, she loved him so very much. She gave them a moment, before letting him know he could take the lead to start with.

I told you I was doing well, flying is something I love. And I have made it become more of a love of Mine too. She still gets nervous a little, but she knows I will do anything to keep her safe. And I would be glad to lead us off. Though you will need to take the lead at some point, just so I can practice for when I am older,Nanuth teased. He made sure his red headed light was ready, her goggles in place, before he pushed off once more. He flapped his wings to carry them airborne, knowing that his sister would be right behind.

Sweet Symmetry

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:47 am
Dea and #Teddy#

Truly, Misty seemed much more confident. Nya was glad: it seemed Nanuth had lent her some of his strength, and their bond had only become better for it. She grinned, nodding at her words, giving Mic an affectionate slap. “Always.” Was her answer. Except when they were sick, of course. Which Mic was less often than her- which was not much to begin with!

Greetings and nuzzlings done, Mic gave a mighty bugle as if to challenge the sky itself, and launched herself into the air behind Nanuth. Yes, you do have fine form! The gold complimented boldly, giving a slight croon as her rider whooped almost instinctively upon take-off. And I’m sure Yours is grateful to share your love of flying. Is there anything truly better?

She stretched her wings, catching thermals and following Nanuth as he rose higher into the air. The rules of what they could and couldn’t do were clear, and she had no mind to break them. What sort of speed can you manage? Let us push our wings to the limits, my dear! How desperately she wanted to tumble and weave and wheel and dive with her sibling.  
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 11:14 pm
Nanuth heard his sister's trumpeting as she rose into the air behind him, which caused him to bugle himself. He would have done a roll in the air at his sister's compliment, but he didn't want to startle his rider. Sure, he might have to do some dodging when they got to threadfall, but this was just for fun right now.

No, flying is absolutely the best. It gives a whole new view of the world and is so exhilarating. And speed you say, well, if you really wish to know, I suppose I can show you,Nanuth responded.

Ready when you are, just remember to be safe,Zamistia thought to her dragon.

Of course, my light. Come, let us show my sister what we are capable of,Zamistia replied. He gave another trumpet, this time one of challenge, before he began to pick up his speed.

Sweet Symmetry

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:14 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

The sound of a challenge summoned a musical bugle of her; Mictecath pushed herself, wings beating hard. Don’t overdo it, love. We still have training tomorrow, remember?

Of course I won’t. But I’m not about to take up a leisurely pace in a race.

Uh huh! Nyara rolled her eyes beneath her flying goggles, but her scarf concealed her exhilerated grin.

Mictecath was not as agile as Nanuth- there was no denying that. But she could put on a burst of speed if needed, if the winds were in her favour… She chased after him, veering slightly to catch better, more advantageous thermals.

Nanuth, I’m almost upon you! Your tail shall be mine! She laughed, pretending to mock-snap at his behind. There was a childlike glee in her mindvoice- games with Nanuth was far more fun than lessons.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:39 pm
Nanuth seemed to enjoy hearing his golden sister's musical bugle, he knew she was accepting his challenge. The brown's eyes were a mix of deep violet and merry blue as he weaved in the sky, not doing anything that his rider would dislike. However, he made sure to put on a bit more speed, using the thermals to his advantage. He heard his sister speak about closing in and he craned his neck around to see. Well, it seems she had, he would have to take note to be a little more tactful then.

Well, we certainly can't make it easy for her. Go for it, Nanuth!Zamistia rallied. His excitement about this was infectious, it seemed she was being filled with it herself.

I would hate to disappoint you, sister, but my tail will not be your's. My light is ready for some more speed, so hold on back there,Nanuth thought, sending his rider some love, before doing the same for Mic. He then burst ahead, he loved making it look like he would be slow, but the sky was his playground.

Sweet Symmetry

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:35 am
Dea and #Teddy#

Nyara leaned low against her dragon’s neck, laughing to herself and Mic as she watched Nanuth dance before them, bursting away in a surprising twist of speed. Go, my love, teach them how truly to dance in the skies!

Mictecath gave another great bugle, a lilting laugh accompanying her words, what dance is that, my dearest brother? A waltz? She twirled through the air, rolling with a grace and ease that would have been more appropriate of an older, more experienced dragon.

Still, his pace was surprisingly quick, and she worked hard to catch up to him once more. Have you learnt this one yet, dear? She rose up high, then dove below him, fanning her wings out to slow her freefall. I call it the Goldenfire Fall!

Beneath her flying gear, Nyara was grinning. Her heart raced in her chest. This was life.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:29 pm
Nanuth could hear his sister's new bugle, the way she laughed, which made him bugle himself. Ah, this was the way it should be, just having some fun in the sky. Sure, he knew eventually they would have to deal with Thread, but today..today was their's. A mental chuckle came from the brown as Mic asked about what kind of dance he was doing.

It is a dance of my own making, dear sister, you really didn't think this was a waltz, did you? No, this is what we call the Sleeping Star. Oh, you have something to show me too, this I would like to see,Nanuth replied. He watched as she slipped beneath him, her wings extending beautifully.

I don't think I could make the Goldenfire Fall look as gorgeous as you just did. Very lovely, I will have to keep it in mind. Now, what do you propose we do?he asked.

We may need to learn some more moves ourselves, Nanuth my dear,Misty thought to him with a smile from under her own gear. As much as flying can make her nervous, Nanuth filled her with strength when she worried. So as her brown dove slightly, to 'dance' more with his sister, she held on with her heart pounding in excitement.

Sweet Symmetry

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas