Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:42 pm
A bath of ideas for guides which could be!

Updated Guides - (guides which exist but are no longer up to date)
headmod/object head list - ElegantlyLuminous has brought this up to datein the guild, but wouldn't mind it being taken over by another
background cutter list
updated guide to making recolor mocks

New Guides - (guides which are not know to currently exist)
guide of all rigs with pulls (with gaia re-releasing them a lot this might be helpful. tiny chibis has a thread for posting new pulls in. i'm aware there is a guild which links to the threads these lists are in but those threads don't ever get updated)

Unknown Status - (guides suggested which may or may not have been done before)
Animal ears, tails, & wings for human avatars
Gods/Goddesses
Horns
Monster items
Overskirt/Bustle/Petticoat(s)
Speech bubble & text items
Tattoos (started by ElegantlyLuminous-- incomplete but take the info!)
Weapons (all of them)
Which items were made by which specific artists (possible but incomplete resource here)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:43 pm
saving a post  

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:43 pm
Notes Related to an Updated Mocks Guide
Obtaining items poses
You will need an empty slot in your dress-up

Human -
Go to dress up and become a Paw
Open a:
multipose fur
multipose jumper
multipose manner

Switch back to human
Equip:
Night Stalker
Agape Scissors
Paw Fur

Open the item you want to get poses from and equip the first non-hair pose. You may or may not need to equip the paw jumper to clear all the space around it. You can equip the paw jumper anyways just to have no default underwear.

Open your save slots. You should see the clean pose in the last open save slot. You can save from here or get the URL to this save slot and open in a new tab/window/whatever.

Continue equipping not hair items. You will need to re-equip the jumper each time you put on a new pose.

For hair. Get all variations of the cuts that include Agape first.

Unequip Stalker and Agape. If the hair is long you will most likely need to get the pose twice. Equip the paw manner to remove the majority of the face, default eyebrows stay behind. Use the paw jumper to remove the underwear still. These cannot be equipped at the same time.

Paw -
Go to dress up and become a Human
Open a:
multipose skin

Switch back to paw
Equip:
Human skin
Tell no Tails
Hear no Evil

Paws are much trickier as you can only equip one human item at a time. In this case the skin is most useful as it removes the base just like a paw fur. If your paw has hair on their base the nano droid skin complete will remove that as well (from Pianette).

You will want a paw face/eyes with the smallest eyes and mouth possible to "remove" the face when needed. You can use this along with the Everything is fine item, which usually equips in between the space where paw eyes are.

You will undoubtedly need to repixel a little.

Unequip tell no tails or hear no evil when getting tail and ear poses.

Has item poses now.

Note for gradients:
You will never use a gradient in the exact same position twice. Well you might but saving it in one position doesn't mean it will always stay that way.
If the color you are replacing is very dark, you will likely push your gradient towards the left. If the color you are replacing is very light you will likely push your gradient to the right.

Notes related to event items guide
valentines 2k19 items

Regular Set

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Chef's Hat | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Chef's Hat

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Heart Half Apron | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Heart Half Apron

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Heart Full Apron | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Heart Full Apron

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Heart Head | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Heart Head

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Heart Background | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Heart Background

Romantic Set

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Romantic Chef's Hat | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Romantic Chef's Hat

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Romantic Heart Half Apron | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Romantic Heart Half Apron

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Romantic Heart Full Apron | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Romantic Heart Full Apron

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Romantic Heart Head |[Animal] Valentines 2k19 Romantic Heart Head

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Romantic Heart Background | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Romantic Heart Background

Bitter Set

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Bitter Chef's Hat | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Bitter Chef's Hat

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Bitter Heart Half Apron | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Bitter Heart Half Apron

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Bitter Heart Full Apron | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Bitter Heart Full Apron

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Bitter Heart Head | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Bitter Heart Head

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Bitter Heart Background | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Bitter Heart Background

Ingredient Bubbles

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Ingredient: Couverture Chocolate | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Ingredient: Couverture Chocolate

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Ingredient: Milk | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Ingredient: Milk

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Ingredient: Sugar | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Ingredient: Sugar

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Ingredient: Butter |[Animal] Valentines 2k19 Ingredient: Butter

User Image | User Image
Valentines 2k19 Ingredient: Secret Ingredient | [Animal] Valentines 2k19 Ingredient: Secret Ingredient

User Image Event Chance Item List User Image

(You will only obtain these items by choosing their respective egg. So, human egg gives you human items.)

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

How To Play

With Easter egg hunts comes the actual hunting part. The event takes place throughout all the Gaia forums, so you can find a random egg appearing at anytime in forums & forum threads. How do you know when you find one? You'll find something egg-like appear on your screen (will remain on that spot as you scroll down, too).

User Image

There are many different eggs to find!
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Clicking on the egg will reward you with a Grunnyland Egg User Image. You will need five of these for the Bifrost formula User Image in order to craft a Spring 2019 Party Favor, so keep on hunting!

User Image

Once you have your five and a formula, head on over to Alchemy. It should appear in "Ready" if you have all the required items for the formula. Crafting a successful formula will result with you creating the item! Do this as many times as you'd like in order to obtain different items, and, possibly some achievements!

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:45 pm
I'm just spitballing here a bit. Let me know if you have any ideas!

I figure the two lower posts could be to collect info for the guides before they get built. Either as links to other threads or as bits of code or comments  

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

ElegantlyLuminous

Generous Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:12 pm
      Yaaas. More guides are always good! Feed my info addiction.

Here's what has been requested in my misc. item guides thread (or been PMed to me):
      Animal ears, tails, & wings for human avatars
      Gods/Goddesses
      Horns
      Monster items
      Overskirt/Bustle/Petticoat(s)
      Speech bubble & text items
      Tattoos (I started one but lost interest since I don't use the items-- it's incomplete but take the info!)
      Weapons (all of them)
      Which items were made by which specific artists (possible but incomplete resource here)

I admittedly got lazy on looking for outdated and abandoned threads when advanced search got wonky. redface But I have some of them spoiler-ed in that aforementioned guide.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:56 am
Depending on what you mean with background cutters, I could update (or do completely from scratch) a guide for it.

I was working on finding background cutters for someone a few weeks ago and I started but haven't finished.

foodie

Hungry Snacker

Guide Building, Tips, and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces