Submit

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hana prowled through the trees with her head held high, ears pricked for the slightest sound, mouth open to draw the faintest scents over her tongue. The sun was almost finished rising in a clear sky as Hana led a morning patrol around the pride's borders, a group of four other Watchers fanned out behind her. Their pawsteps were surprisingly light for creatures of their size, and they moved in rhythm so that only a trained ear would be able to discern how many they were.

With no sign of any strangers nearby, the group had been chatting amongst themselves quietly, and Hana was happy to allow it and even participate occasionally. Suddenly, the maroon lioness paused and raised her tail, a signal that immediately silenced the group. She smelled something... someone.

Taking in the new odor, Hana smiled widely and her eyes lit up. She knew that scent.

"Mlezi," she gestured for a giant green male that could easily be mistaken for a moss-covered boulder to come forward. "I'll take care of that; you take over and finish the patrol."

Mlezi nodded and the group continued on. Hana watched them out of sight, then turned and crept off stealthily in the direction of the newcomer. Picking a suitable spot behind an overgrown fallen tree trunk, Hana readied herself to pounce and trained her eyes forward, her haunches wiggling excitedly.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:16 am
How long had it been since he had last visited the Kizingo'zaa? A fee months at least, though it was possible he hadnt been gone that long and it just seemed like it. His travels had allowed him to come close to the lands in which his friend inhabited and he was pleased that going to visit her wouldnt cut too much out of his overall trip, besides he would always have time to see her.

Moving at a decent pace he made his way through the familiar foliage towards the prides boarders, things seemed the same as he had remembered them last so that was always a good sign.

He wondered if she was nearby.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:42 pm
Hana smiled brightly as she watched VeturliĆ°i stroll past, excitement making her tail tip tremble. It had been several moons since she had last seen her nomadic friend and she missed him dearly. The dark femme always marvelled at how close a bond she had with a lion she only saw once a season, but in this moment, all she was thinking about was that he was back. The moment he passed, she pulled herself up on top of the log and launched herself at the navy male.

"Vetur!" she called out as she collided with his flank, trusting that hearing his name and - hopefully - recognizing her voice would tell her friend that he wasn't genuinely under attack.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:44 pm
Rennekae

The fact this place was literally a jungle didn't help him too much when it came to trying to 'find' her so he wasn't really all that surprised when he was made into a furry pillow by a familiar voice and then a wall of fur. No time to react he found himself on the ground, a dark red female atop him and he shook his head at her.

"Is this how you greet everyone you know?"

He hoped not, though at the same time he felt a little blessed to have been missed so dearly. She was acting like a cub and it was sorta cute. Giving her nose a boop with his paw he smiled at her. "Have you been well? I think you gained weight." Laughing he braced himself for a swat.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:31 pm
"Of course not! I can't have people knowing I'm fun." Hana laughed and stuck her tongue out, standing beside Vetur with her front legs on top of him and her butt in the air, looking a little like a pup at play. She pretended to try and bite at his paw when he tapped her nose, then narrowed her eyes at his comment.

"Oh, you think so, do you?" she scowled playfully, and fully lay on top of him, relaxing so he had to take all of her weight. "Hows this, then?"

After a short while, Hana rolled to her paws, allowing Vetur to stand if he wanted. "Muscle weighs more than fat, you know," she teased, mussing Vetur's black mane roughly. Then, "I have been well. And you?"

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:44 am
Rennekae

Laughing he tried to roll away from the weight of the lioness but it proved to much so he lifted a paw to his face, "I yield, you prove too much a match for me."

When she rolled away from him he stood up and brushed himself off but returned to a relaxed, half sit-half lay position. "Are you sure." Laughing he quickly pounced away from her, he was only jesting though. He knew well enough the measure of fat verse muscle.

"I'm glad you've been well. It seems like a lot has changed since my last visit?" Or at least something had changed, the air of the place seemed different.

"I have been as well as I can be." Had he ever told her from where he hailed?  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:21 pm
Hana scowled jokingly at Vetur's retort and bumped her shoulder against his before starting to move off toward the pride's camp. Her mirth quickly faded after his next question, however, and her scowl became a typical expression of the word.

"That's an understatement," she scoffed. Everything had changed, at least as she was used to it, and she wasn't sure how she felt about it. According to her uncle, everything had always been the new way for him, and what she was used to was his new way, and they were just going back to their roots. Confusing but, of course, she supported it, though she had to admit it took some getting used to. A lot of getting used to, and she wasn't fond of all the changes. "The pride has changed its ways drastically, returning to their roots, and our alliance with one of the neighbouring prides has deteriorated preceding an actual, literal rift forming between the lands... It's a lot to explain, really, without being able to show you as well. But be forewarned, the pride members are a little more... eccentric than normal."

Hana quirked her head at the strange way that Vetur had answered and paused a moment to regard her friend.

"Did something happen before you came here? Or on your way?" Hana wasn't sure if Vetur necessarily had a home, so she was reluctant to ask if there was trouble at home.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:57 pm
Rennekae

Giving a nod of his head as she spoke he supposed if they were going back to their origins it wouldn't be all that bad? Though if one was used to a certain way of life, it would definitely prove to be difficult to adjust.

As long as you're happy, that's all I care about. Was he going soft? He just cared about her a great deal, she was one of his best friends and he'd do anything he could to make sure she stayed happy.

I wouldn't really say anything happened, I just noticed a lot of changes in the landscape and some tension in the air was all... Tell me, perhaps we can walk and talk together? Catch up a bit?" He wanted to spend some time with her while he was here, especially since he wasn't sure how long he'd be in her presence before heading off again.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:59 am
AstoriaFallen

"I'm sure I'll be happy eventually. I'm getting there." Hana responded, smiling warmly at her friend. His concern was truly touching even despite her recent bad mood.

Ah, that. If the guests that have come to the pride lately are to be believed, strange things have been happening everywhere," Hana said, nodding. She had yet to experience any of the bizarre goings-on she had heard about, but she had spoken to a lot of lions who had and she was actually rather thankful to be out of the loop. "Of course we can. Did you want to go see the rift?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:11 am
Rennekae

The rift? Ah, he knew of what she was speaking but hadnt laid eyes upon it just yet. "I am very interested in seeing it." Waving a paw for her to lead the way he would follow her anywhere.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:40 pm
AstoriaFallen
Fin!

"Sounds great! It's over this way." Hana turned and headed off toward the Kizi and Bahari's shared border. She bumped her hip playfully against Vetur's. "You know, I hear the bolder lions have found a way down into the rift. We should check that out."

Only if it was safe, of course - Hana hadn't been bothered to try going in to the rift, but she figured it might be worth the adventure with her friend. The two continued to talk amiably as they padded through the jungle foliage together, and Hana felt happier than she had in a while, glad for a chance to lose herself in Vetur's company.  
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games