[ORP] Daughters of the Storm (Open!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Opens: Friday, March 8, 2019 @ 3PM EST
Closes: Sunday, March 24, 2019 @ 9PM EST  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:07 pm
IC Unrest

Far in the northern point of Myrsky Syntynyt a gathering was forming. Nearly up against the cliff facing, angry waves rolled below the nervous body while a wicked wind belted in all directions around them. It was for these conditions specifically that this locale had been chosen. The symphony of noises would limit the ability of eavesdroppers to discern the group’s purpose… and a potentially dangerous purpose it was.

Whispers had been making their way through the Stormborn; hushed messages passed lioness to lioness and sometimes to their trusted male companions. It had been emphasized how critical it was not to discuss this gathering with anyone one didn’t wholly trust... trust to be discreet, trust to be wise in choosing who they shared news of the meeting, and most importantly... trust to support their purpose.

But what was that purpose?

Anyone paying the slightest bit of attention would notice the changes that had been made since the reign of Warlord Ushindi began. One of the most obvious was the creation of three new ranks specifically for lionesses. Shield Maiden, Valkyrie, and Wife. Equally obvious was the reaction by a sect of lionesses who had intended to make distinguished careers as Reavers and Captains who now would never reach those titles but also faced additional obstacles their male companions did not. Specifically, lionesses were required to prove themselves capable in battle through a series of duels. Then, even once they have shown their strength in combat, they are kept under strict observation by a Captain while outside of the territory’s border.

But these lionesses were not content to sit and bide such disparagement in treatment. These were warriors. These were strong, battle ready lionesses that would take their rightful place in vikings. They would not be forced into the role of home keeping and child rearing. These were daughters of the storm.

OOC Guidelines

• This is an IC secret meeting but OOC is open to all Stormborn! It simply will be understood that your character(s) heard of the gathering through rumors that had been circulating through the pride. That means males are welcome and encouraged to participate though the focus will remain on supporting lionesses of Myrsky Syntynyt.

• Keep in mind that it is less likely that someone who openly supports Warlord Ushindi’s new regime would have been told about the meeting but this isn’t impossible. If your character plans to cause a stir, try to give In Good Faith a heads-up so it can be roleplayed out in a realistic manner.

• There’s a prize! Each post you make in the ORP will serve as a “ticket.” On March 22, 2019, 9PM EST a list reflecting those tickets will be RNG’d and the winner will receive a lioness colored by the shop’s newest colorist, Greenie! You are welcome to separate your characters’ posts, or group them together in one, but the list will be generated based on your number of posts and not by the separate characters within that post. This is to just keep it simple and straight forward.

• Any questions? Feel free to message In Good Faith on Discord (InGoodFaith#8327) or in private message!

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:08 pm
Participation Prize

Note: her pink markings are actually war paint! Therefore, those markings
are not hereditary and will not pass down in breedings.

Participants

Page One
  1. AstoriaFallen
  2. Ruler of Everything
  3. AstoriaFallen
  4. KaisaiLoki
  5. Das Tor
  6. Keantha
  7. AstoriaFallen
  8. Fairy Snails

Page Two
  9. Krysin
  10. Lightning Shadow X
  11. AstoriaFallen
  12. Andranis
  13. Ctrl F Greenie
  14. KasaiLoki
  15. Z o m b i k ii
  16. Ruler of Everything
  17. Rennekae
  18. Krysin
  19. NovaCracker
  20. AstoriaFallen
  21. KasaiLoki
  22. AstoriaFallen

Page Three
  23. KasaiLoki
  24. AstoriaFallen
  25. Andranis
  26. NovaCracker
  27. Z o m b i k ii
  28. Krysin
  29. Pandorus Sphinx
  30. Z o m b i k ii
  31. Ruler of Everything
  32. Keantha
  33. Krysin

Page Four
  34. Ruler of Everything
  35. Ruler of Everything
  36. AstoriaFallen
  37. Rennekae
  38. KasaiLoki
  39. Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:09 pm
Reserved.

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:10 pm

Deep breath in. Deep breath out. Deep breath in.

The white lioness waited, watching the group of stormborn quietly converse with one another, an air of anxiety and excitement rolling off them in waves. Finally, her eyes caught sight of an equally pale lion with a flaming orange mane. With his nod, she received the signal that it was time to start.

She made her way through the bodies of lions and lionesses to a rock that protruded from the rough ground. It was a dark night, barely illuminated by the sparse stars half hidden in clouds and a waning crescent moon. Despite this, when she leapt onto the rock, her coat was pale enough that she shined in the dim light.

"Welcome!" She projected her voice, casting her eyes over the rippling body that congregated around the rock. It was difficult to discern exactly how many were here and all the better. She'd never had the obligation of public speaking and she could tell now she was not a fan.

"Thank you for coming." Her voice was difficult to keep above the howl of the wind but she hoped she managed to be clear and distinct. This part wouldn't take long, thankfully. "As you've been told, you were invited here because you may have had reasons to disagree with the new laws laid down." She paused, taking in the general reaction to this. "Namely that we--lionesses--can no longer claim the position of reavers or captains! Instead," she sneered, "we're told to 'prove' ourselves, as if there is some question of our abilities as stormborn! As if we are somehow less capable than the males of our species!" She was becoming angry and her voice rose to reflect it.

"You've been asked here today, this night..." she leapt from the rock, into the congregated group. "Because there are questions that need to be answered. Are you less than a lion? Are you less of a stormborn?" She walked through the crowd, meeting the eye of every lioness she passed. "Or are you a true warrior? Are you of Myrsky Syntynyt blood?" Her voice was rough now, having risen into a bellow.

Having made her circuit, Vígdís climbed back to the rock and glowered. "Are you a Daughter of the Storm? If so, speak now." Vígdís’ muscles were pulled tight, clenched in anticipation. Perhaps there were no other lionesses willing to speak against their unfair treatment.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:19 pm
User Image
Her blood boiled with the thought she would never actually be a Captain and this little meeting that had been moving through the grapevine had finally hit her wanting ears and the mean spirited lioness was ALL for this little endeavor. While she was really just here to hear them out she was curious to know more of what they might have planned. She had been SO PISSED when she had come back from her first viking to find out that she was nothing closer towards her goal and it had made her want to rip someone to shreds. Calming her anger though she waited and now and listened as a familiar she was familiar with spoke, smiling she had dueled her a time or two and was actually surprised she was at the head of this little gathering. This female had balls.

Color her impressed.

"I am one, BORN OF THE STORM. I will refuse to back down until I can claim my rightful place as a Captain among Captains. I was born just as capable as our male counterparts and even BETTER than most. I for one feel unrest that we are seen as less than what we are." If her mother knew she was here she knew she'd get a good slap, but she didn't care. Valka had been one to just go by the rules as they came even if it pissed you off.

She was far more spirited than both of her parents, or at least her mother. She'd never met her father or knew of the lineage in which she was blessed through him as well as her mother.

Looking about at the other's that had arrived she wondered if anyone else would stand up and say their piece.

- - - - - - - - - - -
User ImageUser Image
Eir, precious Eir, and and her loving brother Lir were at a loss of words as they listened to the words of those around them as they spoke out. Never to be anything more than thralls the two adolescents were more than upset about the changes that had been put into place in the pride. Eir's only chance at freedom was to have someone marry her, by their own choice or her finally forcing someone to marry her.

She was bound and determined to rise up from the rank she was stuck in because her father had been unable to claim her.

Looking over at her brother she gave him a small shove. Would he say anything?

Lir glared at her, and shook his head. This was her chance to make a stand, not his. He had other ways to get out of the place in which he was stuck, or at least he had a plan. Still, he felt for his sister.

"I find the rules in place to be unjust! I am forced to remain nothing more than a slave until someone chooses to make me a wife? I was born of a WELL known and RESPECTED Reaver and I'll be damned if I have to force myself into the servitude of another while I know I could do our family proud as a reaver."

Lir was a little taken aback by his sister's words, while he'd known how she felt he had never known it was this strongly.

He would back her no matter what and stood proudly next to her.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:22 pm
User Image

Damn. That was the one word that popped into Pehmea's head as she watched silently from the crowd, nodding at Vígdís strongly as she passed. She didn't anticipate Ví being a good public speaker, but she certainly controlled the crowd with the best of them. It was impressive, and her surety served to solidify in Pehmea the idea that she was right to be here after all.

This convening, as she'd taken to referring to it in her own mind, was the brainchild of a meeting held by herself, Ví, and their mutual friend Ragnvald. She never thought herself as much of a trouble maker. But when there was trouble to be made about an injustice in the pride, she had no hesitations about stepping up.

At the end of the white lioness's short speech another lioness spoke her piece, one that was furious at no longer having the chance to make Captain. More than reasonable - after all, that's why they were here. Then, something incredible happened: yet another lioness moved forward to say her piece. It almost made Pehmea's eyes shine with tears that they had so many supporters, waiting in the wings for something like this gathering to happen. After Eir was done, Pehmea stepped forward from the crowd and announced herself, loud and proud for the rest of the gathered bodies. She gulped before speaking, realizing just how many lions were gathered. It was daunting, really. "I, Pehmea, am a Daughter of the Storm. I have sworn to uphold these laws but I cannot stand by in silence as this... injustice is enacted. My sisters deserve better." She then stepped back, glancing over at Ragnvald, her red-headed apprentice, for moral support. She was a strong lioness, but this? This was terrifying.

(*IC note: Pehmea is a Lawspeaker, I just don't have an updated cert yet!)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:49 pm
User Image
Ernaline was surprised one of the pride's newest lawspeakers was present, but at the same time should she be? With everything that was going on she was just curious to see who all would speak their mind and who all would continue to cower. Her sharp gaze darted over towards a couple of Bastion's Bastards, she was more than familiar to whom they belonged to family wise. The spirit that the female had was truly admirable but alas a thrall or a wife were her only options, unless she ran away from the pride but she doubted that was an option for the young adolescent. "So what do you plan on doing about it? It's not like we can just question the the Warlord and make him change his views. So what is this truly about besides rallying the masses?"

She was one to cut straight to the punchline.

- - - - - - - - - - -

User ImageUser Image

Lir was going to remain quiet throughout this whole venture as he really was just here as moral support for his sister, that and their mother had essentially told him to make sure nothing happened to her. She had been proving to be quiet difficult in her teenage years and was unpredictable so he knew that really he was the only one to keep her in check. After the scene she had caused in a Reavers den the other day he had to keep her in line or she may very well get herself killed or worse.

Eir caught Ernaline looking over at her but said nothing. When the black and orange female spoke up again she turned to look at the lawspeaker and other lioness. What would their answer be?

In Good Faith
no rush to reply to me right away hahaa. Ernaline is just hella curious and Drama fuels my muses

Ruler of Everything

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ayanga had heard that a meeting was being held, and she would by no means would she miss it. It was a day like this she wished her mother was here, however she was still off in the roguelands on an 'extended' viking. Lucky her.

Aya frowned as she walked, accompanied by her 'aunt' Astra. The chocolate female was larger than Aya, having to do with her own parentage. The lighter female glanced towards the younger lioness. She was the reason her grandmother wasn't here. Or, at least part of the reason.

Sighing, the shield maiden continued on, stopping only when she arrived at the meeting spot.

"Look it all the lionesses." Astra said in slightly wonder, glancing around at each and every female. She gave a small wave here and there. She may have been stormborn, but the young female had no battle bone in her body.

Ayanga rolled her eyes, focusing on the pale female as she started her statements. She remained silent however, hearing her fellow female ranks speak ahead of her.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:41 pm
User Image
[Haven't gotten her cert updated yet otl.]

Nafsi-kataa stood among those gathered, an old, perhaps half-familiar face to more than a few and the pale raven who had informed her of what was going on perched on her back. Despite her age, her status as a warrior still spry and strong was plain to see; she stood in a way that spoke towards being able to move at a moment's notice and the scars littering her pelt spoke to all that had tried to kill her and failed. When Vigdis called for others to speak up, she did so.

"I am a Daughter of the Storm! I have stood with this pride since the end of Aesir's reign as Warlord. I have seen another male try to strip us of our strength, tried to say we had less iron in our blood than the males. I've seen far more battle than this stripling who is trying to take away our fire and iron this time." She snorted at the end, a toothy smirk on her muzzle. "This sapling forgets he would not exist were it not for a mother with iron in her blood as well as a father."

User Image

Masaune wasn't a fighter, not truly. But she had sisters who were. And she felt this whole fiasco was unjust and simply not right. They were all children of the storm, not just the males. She took a step from where she'd been against the rocks and let her own voice join the others. "I, too, am a Daughter of the Storm! We're all born of the storm, of iron and thunder, not just the males!"

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Keantha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:10 pm

Thora's eyes were wide as she looked about the gathering her heart soaring to see so many lionesses that felt the same as she did. Who was this male to tell them they were weak? Hadn't they been born with the same fire and iron? The same call to glory? She was as strong as any of her brothers and she well knew it.

"I was born with blood on my tongue and fire in my veins as were my sisters and brothers alike. If we are equal in the eyes of the gods and goddesses, who is a mortal to tell us we are different?" She scoffed then gave a cold smirk. "Also, I would dare him to tell a goddess she is less worthy of praise."

Sin watched the gathering of the lioness, his massive size and thick mane making him stand out in the crowd but the big male didn't argue instead he nodded along with what they were saying. When there was a lull to speak he glanced around as if looking for permission before speaking, his voice low and gravel like thunder in the distance.

"I was born to a reaver and a queen in a pride where a female's word was law. Male had no place but to give cubs. I grew knowing only the strength of a female's might until I was brought here by my father as there was no place in a female's pride for a male cub. Here again, I saw the strength of females, stronger than any male could hope to be. The new laws are wrong."

His piece said, and support given, he sat back down watching Vigdis intently. He would follow where the females led as he knew was right.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:39 pm
User Image
More and more members of the pride began to crowd around and Ernaline was rather pleased to see this. It meant that there were quite a few that felt the same and seeing them all in one place was sort of reassuring. Flicking her tail she took in the faces that surrounded her, imprinting each of them to memory for different reason's some she was familiar with, other's she wasn't.

- - - - - - - - - - -

User ImageUser Image

The two thralls kept closer to one another as more and more members began to show up and speak their piece. Lir was a little concerned for his sister and his well being but given the current discussion he relaxed a little bit. They were all here to focus on the current rules putting females as lesser than the males, though the new rules also forbade someone from claiming family. That particular rule was the reason that he and his siblings were stuck in their current position within the pride and he felt it was unfair to them, especially his sisters. Though they could marry up as wives, it wasn't the same as making a name for yourself.

Eir peered about curiously from beside her brother, checking out everyone that was coming around. Truly she didn't know any of the faces aside her brother's so she really wasn't sure who she was looking for so she went back to paying attention to the figure's up front.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:18 pm
User Image

Merĸúnguaĸ sat within the crowd of lionesses and lions. She stayed quiet and listened to what everyone else had to say. When she had first heard about the meeting she had been intrigued. Around her family and friends she had been vocal about her dislike of the changes the pride had made. Until now she did not realize just how many like her were upset.

“I come from a family of warriors.” Merĸ said when she got an opening. She spoke as clearly as she could. “My grandmother is just as strong as any other lion I have met. Not only was she strong in battle, but she proved herself able to go on vikings and take care of her young. Growing up not only did I want to become a reaver just like her, but a role model to others. She inspired me to become a captain someday. And now that opportunity has been stripped out of my claws.”  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff