Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"She is supposed to be researching for me."

The Warlord was arguing, arguing, with his raven companion and growing more annoyed by the moment. A sharp look in the direction of the avian silenced her almost as immediately as she had begun. Days had passed, not several, but enough to warrant his rise in concern - or more likely, curiosity. Creid had given her word that she would keep his identity under wraps and aside from the normal rumors he heard well before this began he had heard nothing. He had an already established circle around him and Creid was close to being among them.

"If she was supposed to be researching.. don't you think she would have found someone?" Jicho returned, landing next to Silma on a small ledge. He glimpsed her slightly ruffled feathers and realized he what he had done. Ushindi turned to lock his cold gaze on Jicho before the avian could speak another word.

Ushindi didn't have to say another, not even to utter 'enough'. The birds had grown used to when the lion had little patience for their antics and they also understood what might happen if they were no longer useful. The pair of birds stared, for a short period, at the skulls dangled around his neck. It was his voice that pulled their eyes away, nearly in unison, and they meerly stared at him. "I'll go to her myself, there's no reason to speculate." He shrugged off his company in favor of finding Creid.

Safaia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Creiddylad had quite the task laid out before her, assigned by the Warlord himself. To be quite honest....she had no fear about handling the task. Fear was how one would ruin their chances on succeeding in anything in life. Fear would have forced a slip of her tongue, to spoil the surprise and risk her head. She was confident that she would succeed at this task.

She had thrown herself into this task first hand. Interviewing was the trickiest part of all; she spun a story about a fantastically talented reaver, most certainly to be promoted to Captain any day now. He had a good strong bloodline, but didn't want to have his identity revealed immediately. She laid enough vague hints to make some thing it was her own son Haldor, or perhaps one of Tethys' boys that was certainly following in his father's footsteps. Some lionesses she interviewed had....terrible bloodlines. A blight against their futures, and only a wish cast into the ocean could save them from finding any sort of decent husband. She had known that the Stormborn had grown....lose with their family lines, but until now, she hadn't realized just how many children were bastards. A pity. But her precious children wouldn't be marrying those, let alone the Warlord.

When would these fools wake up to see that their bloodlines were fractured? Only a truely talented matchmaker such as herself could help repair the damage that had been wrought by the Children of the Storm.

Still, there was a risk she was taking, and one that she kept close to her heart. She had genuinely searched out decent ladies to share with Ushindi, but she was going to mention her daughter as well. Ylva was a fine lioness, and Creiddylad would be damned if she didn't at least give her a moment to be considered. Ylva was currently within the den, more than likely shifting their things around. Snorre was due back any day now, and Creiddylad knew he wouldn't come home empty-handed. Which also meant that she was due to report to Ushindi, and so she had done her best to prime herself to meet with him. A small trinket hanging from her neck, a small, but well groomed pelt gracing her shoulders. Minimal, but she wasn't going to be there to impress Ushindi for herself; she was merely the matchmaker.

And with a twirl of her tail, she was off to meet with Ushindi. Little did she know that he was already set towards reaching her, and they would run into each other shortly.

Ctrl F Greenie

(Koharu. Daughter of Ciro, but mother was a thrall. Strong in mind makes up for mother's weakness, and father has impressive feats)
(Lakshmi. Daughter of Tethys and Kluna. Priestess. Quite dedicated to learning.)
(Aino. Single. No family, but one of the most skilled healers in the pride, if he can look past her odd habits and aversion to conversation.)
(Edita. Raised by a single mother, but her grandparents are strong physically, and married. Rare in this day and age.)
(Ylva!!)

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:33 am
Leaving the birds behind ensured a silence that he had been eager for. These arrangements with Creiddylad were opportune in more than one way. Eventually he would learn of those families that had remained loyal to their own blood lines, whether they be fresh or not. Unfortunately upon his arrival he had heard of both males and females taking up thralls as lovers, weak thralls. The very weakness that would make for a weak next generation. A thought that disrupted his gut and had his last meal threatening to vacate.

Giving his mane a good toss, thankful to be free of the mask, he discarded those thoughts of their future and continued his walk on a higher note. Today he may be offered a the identity of a possible Wife. Hila had made a point without meaning too, and although he wouldn't openly admit it, she had been more right than she likely knew. His den was empty, save for Jicho and Silma - and they were useless in the den. In fact.. he found feathers in addition to his own mess. Of course he had Thralls that would work diligently, but only to a point. A well run den was what he was after and something to that effect could only be achieved with a strong paw at home.

"Creiddylad." He called her name moments after spotting her, they were destined to run into one another it seemed. "It's a good day to die." He remarked, glimpsing the sky briefly at what were speckles of light breaking through the clouds that seemed to permanently hang over their home. Ushindi held off on any immediate questions as they were still relatively public.

"Do you know somewhere a little more private?"

Of course the closest place might be his den.

Safaia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:13 pm
"Ah. It is a good day to die, and a better day to claim victory," she replied with a warmth in her voice that was rather apparent. She hadn't quite expected to see him so suddenly, and although she knew that they were more than likely closer to his den than her's, she did have things to consider. "I know I was coming to see you, I do not wish to enter your den unaccompanied. I am not worried about you, my dear Warlord, but I wish to protect my husband's reputation." She offered him a rather respectable bow. Snorre was not the best Reaver, and she never expected him to make Captain, but she did love him, somewhere within her heart. They had a very skilled working relationship, and she did not need him to be confronted with baseless rumors upon his return from his viking.

"We can either return to my den, with a thrall present, or perhaps we could draw closer to the shore; the strength of the waves, much like the strength of this pride, will drown out the edge of our voices. Your Eyes can ensure that none overhear us, if you so wish. I have many things to discuss with you, Warlord."

Ctrl F Greenie

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:31 pm
"Victory indeed." Ushindi's brow raised curiously at the female, a small smile tugged at his lips that remained as she continued. Creid had hesitated, but not in a moment of weakness, rather a moment of courtesy. "This moment, and others before it, are why I approached you in the first place." He spoke slowly at first, choosing his words wisely as she offered a bow. "Perhaps one day I will have earned enough respect from my own wife to have her repeat those same words to another." He let a full smile slip through his typically rough demeanor.

"The shores seem like a pleasant place, not that I don't enjoy your living space." He had been unable to hide his first impression of her den and had they been of lighter, more friendly hearts or it were the time, he might have been teased for it. Ushindi appreciated a well kept home, and the women that kept them. They were often the ones most worth while, though they typically had the sharpest tongues. "My Eyes would be happy to guarantee our privacy." He spoke with a knowing glance over his shoulder to the pair of avians hunched over on a branch. Likely they had been attempting to listen in on the conversation themselves - fortunately they were useful or he'd have them gutted. Neither of them would even make a worthy meal, simply an easy trophy.

"Lead the way." He moved from her path and offered a clear way.

Safaia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:41 pm
Having eyes in the sky seemed like a very smart solution to a political problem. As long as they were loyal, you would have an extra buffer against any potential sabotage. She did not bother to look for them, not knowing where they were. She didn't want to look like she wanted to see them; knowing they were there was enough for her.

"You are most kind," she replied with a smile, walking past the Warlord with a careful nod of respect to him. She did not fear turning away from him, to have her back to his strength; he was the Warlord, and he had command of all here. To show that moment of vulnerability offered her respect and trust to the male.

"The ocean is always churning with its fury," she said as they made their way down towards the beach. It was a cold day, but the cold did nothing to still the fire in her heart. "A fine example that the Stormlords set for us to follow." Her voice raised a bit as they drew closer, the crashing of the waves muting out their voices a few lengths away from their mouths. A good cover, as long as his Eyes were trustworthy.

"And to follow we will, through strength, honor, and bloodlines." She was ready to begin her report. "I have many potential offers for you, all with their own separate advantages. I hope you will have time to consider each one, my Lord."

Ctrl F Greenie

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:46 am
Ushindi offered a small nod in return to hers as she moved to pass him and lead the way. Once she was ahead he shared a momentary glance with Jicho and that was enough to send the pair of birds into the sky as they prepared to follow.

The Warlord listened carefully as Creiddylad addressed the rushing sounds of the water that churned and pushed up onto the beaches. The ocean was riled by an invisible force which dared onlookers to challenge it. Though he was the daring sort he wouldn't dare challenge her and instead he let the view captivate him. Never had he come close to the waters edge without staring in quiet awe.

He wasn't allowed much time to do that during this visit, but when Creid spoke he wasn't annoyed, though his brow furrowed. "I assume these are the top options?" He was curious to know how refined the search had been, he trusted her thus far, but still had this urge to ask about her methods. "How do we handle this process?" Ushindi tilted his head and was immediately thankful for their privacy - he might have taken on the appearance of an alert cub getting lessons. Not the impression he wanted to leave for others if he could so help it.

Safaia

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff