Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[DUEL] A voice from the past

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Pandorus Sphinx rolled 5 4-sided dice: 2, 3, 3, 1, 2 Total: 11 (5-20)

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:54 am
User Image  
Pandorus Sphinx rolled 5 4-sided dice: 1, 1, 4, 3, 2 Total: 11 (5-20)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:55 am
User Image  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:40 am
"Awilix-"

"You have a lot of nerve showing up here like this-" her cold gaze matched his as the lioness stood still, her figure stoic and lean. If her eyes could roll any further back she might go blind from her disappointment, seeing him like this only seemed to upset her more, how dare he show himself after all this time? Her tail flicked in annoyance as the Shield Maiden stood at the border of the Storm, speaking to Djura, a would-be-challenger.

Perhaps betrayal was too raw of a word, but Awilix knew no other feeling, no other way to express this anger she felt swell deep inside her belly. He had left them to die no doubt, to wander off into the wilderness without a word, without a second thought - and here she now stood beaten and broken down... all because of him, this lion and his grand betrayal. Slowly she pulled herself forward as she stepped closer to where he stood, claws reared and ready.

"Why now-?" she questioned with a frown. "Why after all this time have you decided to show your face? You do not know what you've done."

As she spoke the male frowned, before he tilted his head and shrugged his shoulders back, sighing deeply as the female spoke. "You're being a little dramatic, aren't you? It was your choice to leave, I was not ready to continue on." As his words left his mall the large lion frowned deeply before flexing his shoulders back in frustration. "I went looking for you both of you, I'm sorry what you think my absence might have cost you, but with or without me... the Gods had other plans for you"

"Silence Awilix demanded as she pulled herself forward quickly, calling at his face. "No more talk, if you wish to join our ranks you will have to prove yourself." her forgiveness was often times hard to understand, and more often than not extremely fickle, so he didn't take this slight personally. Djura understood what the lioness had gone through upon returning home and while he felt partially responsible for the events that took place before her return... the lion knew deep down inside he was not the perpetrator. He knew her anger was just and misguided.

"So be it." He snarled and response before lowering himself to the ground, waiting for her first strike. He had sparred with her several times before and could read her fairly well, this would be a test of his knowledge, this would be a test of old friendships.

As soon as he found himself settled against the cold earth the female threw herself at him violently, thrashing as both of her clawed paws came crashing down on him. This caused Djura to slide back in defense as he struggled to keep the wild-beast back. Awilix had a temper about her that was borderline and unnameable, it's why she made such a good river and hunting companion.

Still he knew he could win this in just a few strikes if he timed properly. She always had an unchecked blind spot exposed when she got this way. There was always room for weakness.

As the lioness pulled back she began to circle him, speaking in a taunting, borderline condescending tone. "and here I was hoping I'd never have to see your face again."

Djura frowned as he did his best to hold back his own words, the lion knew if he engaged with her too deeply she might have the upper hand on him in this fight, Awilix knew how to take advantage of his own weakness as well. As soon as he was able to regain his footing the large male lunged toward the orange female as he slashed at her throat, missing by only a few inches. "I came here to win, not to chat, not to bicker."

Despite his many flaws he understood her anger toward him, though he would not allow that to change the outcome of this duel.

He was going to beat her. He had to.

As quickly as he made another move the orange lioness found herself bracing, waiting for his impact. As his claws just barely missed her throat she let out a deep snarl.

This was war.

She was going to make him pay for being a deserter. The female countered quickly as she used her claws to push him off balance before ramming herself full force into his side. As he went toppling to the ground Awilix mounted him and began to take swings, violently at first as she called out between deep panting breaths. "I will destroy you!"

For a moment Djura could only lay paralyzed as she began to assault him relentlessly, but as soon as he could the lion found the strength to push her off long enough to take another fast swipe at her neck, this time nicking it enough to draw blood. Before she could react Djura slammed into her and wrestled the orange female to the ground, biting at her shoulder and open wound as he held her still against the cold earth.

By now they were both covered in a thin layer of blood and exhausted from pushing their body weight around, still the two grappled one another as they both struggled to keep dominance. The female was panting heavily as she took a tired swing at him before falling back to the ground. With a final swing the lion found himself landing beside her his chest heaved with every breath he took. This duel was draw, an even match between two skilled fighters that refused to back down.

Blood pooled around their fallen forms as both lions glared up at the sky. Awilix chuckled faintly as she spoke out to Djura. "It looks like we couldn't best each other after all-"

"Seems like it-" the lion responded with a soft sigh. If he could hold his own against her like this perhaps he had proven himself to be more worthy than she thought. "You've proven yourself, for now, old hunter." Her tone was faint she closed her eyes and rested herself against the ground. Even if he couldn't beat her at least he could keep up with her, perhaps their friendship could be salvaged after all. He would need to seek out Eygon and ask for his forgiveness as well, though he wondered if he would also demanded duel. Djura needed a little time to heal before fighting again.

The two lay still against the ground as they both stared up at the sky, watching the clouds pass. It would be a while before they could regain themselves long enough to get up and leave the battlefield. Until then though, they recovered together underneath an unspoken truce.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:46 pm
-Fin, WC: 1132

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out