Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[Duel] Working to be great: Bahira x Maya

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
I Lady Kiya I rolled 5 4-sided dice: 2, 2, 1, 1, 2 Total: 8 (5-20)

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bahira goal was now known, she was going to work hard to become a shield maiden. She wanted to prove that she was worth more than other lionesses in the pride, prove her family that she'd make it big. Not really interested in leaving the pride, however, this was the next best choice. She'd hone her skills, learn to fight with the best of them, THEN look to possibly something else.

She first had to prove to herself she could do this. "Who would challenge me?!" she said with a roar. Wanting to be heard, and someone to accept her advances in glory.

Pandorus Sphinx rolled 5 4-sided dice: 1, 2, 2, 1, 4 Total: 10 (5-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:34 pm
Maya stood under the shadow of a tall tree as the call of another caught her attention, it was time flex her muscles. Slowly the brown lioness slithered out from against her place amongst the shadows, speaking firmly to the fellow Stormborn lioness. "Maya would." her tone was a wicked as her gaze as two large green eyes settled upon the creamy female that stood just a few feet away.

"It is a good day to die." the burned lioness glanced up at the sky as her words trickled off into silence.

The match was set. Maya stood still and waited for her the purple painted female to make her first move.  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:45 pm
Yes, today was a good day to die. She said within her own head. Bahira wasn't the greatest at fighting, but she'd take every opportunity to learn from her failing. Today, would be a ground of where she would start her own training. She flicked her tail and eyed the lioness before her.

She was intimidating, to say the least. No matter, the duel was set in stone. She would not back down, even if she was a little nervous. With that she took her own stance. She gave a few moments before she made her first move. She was looking for a weak point, something!

New at this, she decided to play it as its. With no further wait, she leaped towards the other lioness with her claws out. One could only learn with experience. While she had watched a few duels, she didn't learn as much as she thought she had.

Pandorus Sphinx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:17 pm
The female's sudden leap made Maya grip the earth below as long claws held her firm and still, bracing for the impact of flesh on flesh. She would wince as contact was made, but that pain soon turned into anger as the green eyed lioness shifted to a place of power, hovering herself over the pale female as she quickly counted with a swift slap to the face, as if to deny her assault further. Maya slowly moved herself back as her eyes danced along the figure of the other female, flashing her fangs at the younger lioness.

"Show me some rage!" the demand came laced with a soft snarl.

If this lioness wanted to continuance her journey to becoming a true warrior of the Storm she was going to need to do better than that. Maya wanted her to let go of her fears and unleash her inner beast.

"Come on, again!" Maya called out as she waved a paw in the air, smirking shamelessly.  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:48 pm
Bahira was struck in the face, thrown off guard for a moment. She shook her head from the impact. Pain radiated her face, but only allowed for anger to build up. She would not turn now, she couldn't. She would show this lioness what she had! She gave a low growl at the lionesses words. It was almost like was encouraging her training. But was more like the lioness was taunting her.

Either way, she regained her self for a second. Claws out, she darted at the other lioness, this time she leaped towards lionesses side. Trying to find some sort of point that would give her the upper hand. She was still nervous, but now she was determined. Claws out, again. This time meaning for a good strike with her body, hoping to knock her down.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:15 pm
Oh, the little hen was fast learner. As quickly as the pale lioness bounced back Maya was on her toes, watching her every move like a hawk, eyes never leaving the other female's figure.

"Yes, that's more like it." Maya exclaimed with excitement as she flashed her fangs in delight before bracing herself for another impact.

This time the full weight of the other lioness sent Maya staggering back as she lost her footing under the other's weight, slipping just enough to leave an opening for the other female to take advantage of.

Was Maya doing this on purpose? It was hard to say, but for a long moment she simply let her guard down, wanting to see what this child would do. Perhaps she was more interested in what this female was capable of than she was letting on.

Perhaps she was trying to awaken her fighting spirit.  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:54 pm
Almost what she wanted to happen! Bahira fell for whatever trap the other lioness was presenting. She tried to grab the lionesses back legs with her paws in a bit of a struggle. She, however, didn't realize that hitting the lioness the way she did, also caused her own balance to falter a little. She lost her footing as she was attempting to grab the lioness. How could this happen?

Almost panic running through for a split second, Bahira barely swatted at the lionesses back leg closes to her before falling almost flat on her side. Stupid... Stupid. Very stupid. There was no time to get mad at herself right now. She attempted to regain herself

Pandorus Sphinx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:44 pm
As quickly as the other lioness lost her balance Maya made her move, slapping the female again, this time with extended claws as her paw made contact with the pale female's shoulder. The hit was hard enough to sting, but Maya held back a little, testing the younger lioness.

The hit to her back leg made the older female wince, though the blow wasn't enough to cripple her. Slowly Maya regained herself, standing tall as her tail danced wildly behind her.

This lioness was showing some heart, and that meant a good deal when it came to battle, but she wasn't there yet. Her insecurities were staring to showing.

"Close, but not quite." her voice lingered for a moment, Maya would end this soon.

I Lady Kiya I

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:27 am
Bahira let a light growl out when she was struck. She didn't think the lioness was trying too hard, no. She was playing with her, in a sense. She gave a small snarl and looked at the lioness after words floated to her ears. Her ears fell back and she growled low.

Bahira shook herself off for a moment and then started to circle the other lioness this time. She was much more skilled then Bahira. She realized that now. No way to actually beat her. But she wasn't going to give up THAT easy. Her tail flicked every few moments, her head lower than her shoulders.

She just needed one easy break, and she could possibly come out of this the victor. Unlikely as that was, she still could.

With that, she made her final attempt. Her head low, she walked one way, then quickly turned back the way she had come, sorta circling the other the two kittens trying to play fight.

None of her advancements had truly succeeded. She swung at the lionesses face. to start it off. To sort of find something she could do.

Pandorus Sphinx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:22 am
It was apparent that Maya had gained the upper hand early on in the fight, so as this battle was slowly reaching it's fated conclusion she found herself hitting a little harder than before, every step she took more calculated and precise.

This fight was over, and in the back of her mind she knew her victory was close.

While this other lioness had fought with a fire she admired, Maya would have to check her and put her in her place.

As the other female circled Maya gave her a cocky grin before flexing her forearms as she braced for this challengers final attack. When the pale lioness came in for her final attempt Maya quickly shut her down, lifting a clawed paw to quickly slap the other lioness back before using her whole body to wrestle her to the ground where she held her still, speaking in a firm tone. Her attack had landed, but faintly, leaving just a small surface wound across the bridge of Maya's nose.

"You've fought well, but you need more practice. Find me again after you'e healed, I will help you gain your shield." her voice was laced with a silent understanding as the darker lioness removed herself from her place on top of her challenger.  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:16 pm
Bahira figured the other had known many battles, just by the looks of the female. Her rough appearance and missing fur told enough. But she had made the challenge and would not back down from it. She was panting, not getting up from the ground where she ended up at the end of it. She growled, but accepted the defeat.

She would beat her.. One day. Angry with herself, there wasn't much wounds to her, apart from mentally. She had felt deep bruises, but ignored any pain that was coming from them. "I will beat you." She said. Determination in her voice. She would practice. She would get better. Surprise the female before her.

She would be back to challenge her every chance she felt that she was growing.

-Finished-

Pandorus Sphinx

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces