Mass Bundle List

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zemalia

Hallowed Witch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:41 am
I started this project about a year ago but I'm thinking of picking it back up again since the "current" one is about two years out of date I think?

Here is my WIP

Its a pretty big undertaking but was looking for some possible suggestions?

I've stuck with alphabetical for now since it makes the most sense.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:21 am
Zemalia

Since the list would generally be huge and ever expanding I'd consider getting some stats on a few things before setting up all the posts. Of course take my advise with a grain of salt

Step 1: Figure out the average number of items in a bundle (rounded up)
Step 2: Create a post with all the formatting as you'll want it for the thread and see how many of those averagely sized bundles you can fit
Step 3: Set up posts only half full to leave room for additional bundles later

Optional: Look through the last year or two of bundles and take note of the letters their names usually begin with.
Names of anything tend to disproportionately lean towards just a few starting letters.
Use this knowledge to add extra space around letters which are the most common. This could be by only filling up a fourth of the posts or by leaving blank reserved posts in-between.

Oh and definitely cannibalize anything you can from the previous list!
This is one of those lists where Aerdian's spreadsheet formatting would probably shine because keeping track by hand will be one heck of a task
ninja edit: If we're talking lilloulou's guide it looks like they did have the data in spreadsheets and offered to try and get those to a new caretaker. Granted that was a year ago so not sure if they still have them  

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

Zemalia

Hallowed Witch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:48 am
ladykayra

I've actually considered a lot of what you mentioned already!

Yeah, its the ever expansion of it that is concerning for space. So far only two or three letters so far would be in the category warranting two pages. (Black Friday is one of them for sure)

I'll keep the spreadsheet stuff in mind. I'll need to take a closer look at it.

Thanks!

Guide Building, Tips, and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff