Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Y!Galley Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Y!Gallery?
I'm on it! :D
28%
 28%  [ 53 ]
I'm too young, so I'm not on ;_;
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
I don't do the art thing, so I'm not on
4%
 4%  [ 9 ]
I've been meaning to get an account
7%
 7%  [ 14 ]
I haven't heard of it
13%
 13%  [ 25 ]
I haven't heard of it, but I'll sure check it out!
13%
 13%  [ 26 ]
I tried it out, but I didn't like it/don't go on much
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
other
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
gold!
23%
 23%  [ 44 ]
Total Votes : 189

Guacamole-kun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:28 pm
So, does everyone know Y!Gallery? It's like DA, but gay. O: Aaaand it's down until the end of the month, and I'm hella sad because my spring break just started, and now I can't show all the stupid mutated gay pics I'm mass producing to anyone. ......And I guess I can't post them here, either, so this'll just be a discussion, I suppose. XD;;;; Who's on y!G? How do ya like it? How about that rule 6b, eh? S'my favorite damn rule on the site. Wish there was a yuri version of y!G? Like Snover at all, or is he evil? LET'S TALK, I'M BORED AND KH2 DOESN'T COME OUT 'TILL TUESDAY. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:34 pm
Y!gallery has a much friendlier atmosphere than DA does, perhaps it's because it's so genre-specific. Also, I love the interface for the most part: comments are easy to reply to(and it automatically quotes the previous reply), and I LOVE the clubs.

I'm raeraesama on there.  

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100

Guacamole-kun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:43 pm
Seijaku_Ishida
Y!gallery has a much friendlier atmosphere than DA does, perhaps it's because it's so genre-specific. Also, I love the interface for the most part: comments are easy to reply to(and it automatically quotes the previous reply), and I LOVE the clubs.

I'm raeraesama on there.

Yeah, not as much conflict between super-different genres, I guess. :3 Don't have to be half as PC. And the clubs roccckkk. pirate

I'll check you out when it comes back on. *_*;; I'm Okirun.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:00 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Guacamole-kun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:15 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:34 pm
Guacamole-kun

Don't worry, no attackies, I know what you mean. XD; (and my room mate - who got me on the site - hates all the furries, good and bad, so I'm used to hearing it...) Yeah, a lot of the furry art is just way too badly drawn and, well.. vulgar? Crude? (What's a word that doesn't make me sound stuck up?; ) for me. XD; Some of those furry/etc. artists... let their horniness get in the way of any artisticness they might otherwise be able to achieve, I think. *__*;;;

I don't want to sound to shallow here sweatdrop but there is some really gorgeous furry/antrho art. I love Nagas heart and there is some real awesome work on the naga club. It's just pretty creatures by people who love pretty things. And some furries are just so damn cute, or so awesomely done! And then, you have, as you say, the crude ones who are all about "look at all these (badly done) muscles!!" and such. Just, no thanks. It doesn't float my boat. In fact, it really sinks my battleship crying  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

blackcatluck

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:05 pm
For-Chan Cookie
Guacamole-kun

Don't worry, no attackies, I know what you mean. XD; (and my room mate - who got me on the site - hates all the furries, good and bad, so I'm used to hearing it...) Yeah, a lot of the furry art is just way too badly drawn and, well.. vulgar? Crude? (What's a word that doesn't make me sound stuck up?; ) for me. XD; Some of those furry/etc. artists... let their horniness get in the way of any artisticness they might otherwise be able to achieve, I think. *__*;;;

I don't want to sound to shallow here sweatdrop but there is some really gorgeous furry/antrho art. I love Nagas heart and there is some real awesome work on the naga club. It's just pretty creatures by people who love pretty things. And some furries are just so damn cute, or so awesomely done! And then, you have, as you say, the crude ones who are all about "look at all these (badly done) muscles!!" and such. Just, no thanks. It doesn't float my boat. In fact, it really sinks my battleship crying

heart Nagas! heart
my newest obsession. there was an artist that used to be on Y!Gallery but they founf out she was underaged so they booted her. She's on DA and she has the most beautiful naga art. i love it. i not sure if i should give any specifics but her naga characters are named mercury and asp. you should check them out if you haven't. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:20 pm
For-Chan Cookie
Guacamole-kun

Oh, certainly! mrgreen I didn't mean that all furries are bad. I love drawing furries too. It's just that, for some reason, when furry art goes bad, it tends to go a lot more bad that most bad "regular" art.

Hmmm.. I'm not really into nagas at all though. XD; That's fine if you like 'em, but I enjoy legs way too much, I think.  

Guacamole-kun

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:21 pm
You mean snapesnogger? I'm actually not a fan of her work. Much too....cutesy for me. And what was saw of her behaviour when she first posted on Conceptart.org was....special.

Nagas aren't really furries any more than merfolk or centaurs are, so they generally don't have the furry filter on them. I have the furry filter on because, while I like some of it....there's just too much of it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:31 pm
Seijaku_Ishida
Nagas aren't really furries any more than merfolk or centaurs are, so they generally don't have the furry filter on them. I have the furry filter on because, while I like some of it....there's just too much of it.

I don't really consider nagas furries either, but some artists tag them as such. Personally, I just like art period, so I don't bother with all the varied filters. There's too many. Furry. Antrho. This, that, and the other. I'm just there for the simple enjoyment of people sharing their art 3nodding  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:38 pm
For-Chan Cookie

I don't really consider nagas furries either, but some artists tag them as such. Personally, I just like art period, so I don't bother with all the varied filters. There's too many. Furry. Antrho. This, that, and the other. I'm just there for the simple enjoyment of people sharing their art 3nodding

True, some artists do see them as furries. I did have a snake man I would have titled as an one, unlike my other nagas.

I might take the furry filter off sometime to browse through pictures that I enjoy, but for now I want to look at humans.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:53 pm
Completely off topic...Seijaku_Ishida, I heart your sig. It looks awesome whee I just love seeing it in threads. xd Ok, I'm gonna be quiet now...but you did the spiderwebs so damn well 3nodding  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Syntria
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:58 pm
I'm mistresspaco on y-gallery.

worship me.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:06 pm
For-Chan Cookie
Completely off topic...Seijaku_Ishida, I heart your sig. It looks awesome whee I just love seeing it in threads. xd Ok, I'm gonna be quiet now...but you did the spiderwebs so damn well 3nodding
Haha, thanks! blaugh

My, I have alot of people I need to look up when y! gets back up.  

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100

Artie Ficial

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:28 am
Sounds interesting. When I have time I'll check it out.

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff