Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:48 pm
User Image

Since the reign of Ushindi began, Snorre's life had become more complicated.. or so he imagined, even though the answer to this problems was really very simple. He had just been avoiding it literally his entire life so facing up to it now that he was so far past due was extra difficult.. at least it had huge potential to make things easier for him if only he could get over that hump. At least that should be the hardest part. He had half a plan now and some insight into what he was in for, but he still wasn't exactly excited.

Maybe he would be, later. Or maybe giving his wife what she wanted would turn out better than he imagined, if she was happy maybe it would feel less like giving in.

Nanna was not with him as he headed home to find Creid. His expression was far more serious than it had probably ever been.. and quite honestly, he looked (and felt) strange. But this was a big deal, it would be a big change and for now he was committed to playing the part. Mostly.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Ylva, go fetch the healer," Creid ordered her daughter. "Oh, and take Adhama with you. The exercise will be good for you both."

That had been only about 10 minutes ago, long enough for it to only be Creiddylad in the den. She had been attempting to groom herself without Adhama's assistance, but it wasn't the easiest to reach every part of her without some help. Having the wild dog here to help with things had been an immense change in Creid's life. She had more free time for herself, and focused on her family and their futures more. The den was always cleaner than it had been, and Creid was honestly...better off. It was impossible not to consider how much better they would be with another one or two thralls, but she didn't want to jump too far ahead in the future. One step at a time.

It was then, curling a bit of her forelock with her claw, that she realized her husband was drawing closer to home. How...odd? He normally didn't return to the den at this time of day.

"Snorre," she replied warmly, her eyes offering an edge of concern and warning to counter her soft words. "Is everything all right?" He was looking rather....not like himself, if she was going to be honest. He never had a look like that on his face, even when she would berate him for his lazy and lackadaisical attitude.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:21 pm
Snorre was rather pleased to see his wife surprised and even concerned when he came home early and looking so serious. It was reassuring, in its own way. They weren't really overly affectionate with each other but there was a reason they were still together after so long. He was lazy and useless but it wasn't really out of spite, and this wasn't really just to shut her up.

His serious look even slipped a bit, he almost smiled before straightening his expression back out.

"I have some good news," he said, "I've finally found a captain worth following and will be going on my first raid in a few days time."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:10 pm
Creid was watching her husband carefully. She didn't want to jump to conclusions, but part of her worried that something had happened to one of her children. As ambitious as she could be, at the end of the day she wanted them all to be safe and alive, regardless of anything else.

Her ears perked up when he said 'good news', not even given a moment to even ponder what that could mean coming out of Snorre's mouth. Good for him and good for her usually meant completely different things to each of them. She kept her attention on him as he spoke, doing her best to keep as neutral of a face as she could. When she heard him say 'finally found a captain worth following' it genuinely took everything within her to not laugh in his face. She knew that wasn't the real reason, just as he knew when he was saying those words. However, the fact that he seemed to finally have a little iron in his blood to take a risk in life was something she cherished. The last thing she wanted to do was cease the winds in his sails, if he was finally ready to throw himself out into the wilds and actually bring honor to his family with his own paws.

"...really?" she said carefully, a small smirk growing on her face. "I am....rather impressed, Snorre."

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:35 pm
He worded his announcement very carefully and he knew she would want to laugh as well as she knew he was lying about his implied motivation. That she didn't laugh was good. They were both rather impressive at the moment, keeping straight faces through a big moment that they should have been too old for.

"Good," he said, grinning at her response, puffing himself up a bit, "I expect a nice send off from my loving wife."

He deflated a bit, and his smile changed, barely containing a laugh.

"I'm definitely going to need the extra luck, aren't I?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:45 pm
Cried laughed heartily, almost with a bit too much edge to itt. She offered her husband another look, but the edge in her eyes had softened. "You know I can put on a good show," she said with no malice in her voice. "And I will give you the most heartfelt send off you've ever seen." She had been approaching him as she spoke, and offered him a warm nuzzle against his neck.

"Are you confident in his skills?" She said quietly, as she was much closer to him at the moment. She did not think anyone else was around, but she wasn't about to openly admit any weaknesses. "As long as I've wanted to hear these words from you, I do not want to become a widow."

It was an awkward subject, but death was a reality in this situation. She wanted him to acknowledge that fact.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:23 pm
Snorre nuzzled her back, appreciating her response to his news immensely. It was a big deal, but it wasn't the kind of big deal that it could have been after the lifetime of stubborn refusal to do anything difficult. If he did this right, their lives would improve. That mattered.

"It's a good day to die, but Death won't take me today," he said, mixing together a few expressions to answer her worry and to avoid explicitly voicing his own concerns about the danger in his future. Confidence was key in the part he was going to play from now on, especially looking at the show put on by some of the louder, more obnoxious Stormborn. Snorre wasn't a born Reaver and he could only hope it wasn't too late for him to be good at it. His voice had neither the confidence of his words nor the doubt in his mind, he sounded like much the same laidback lion he always was.

"Adhama and Ylva will keep you too busy to worry about me," he suggested, smiling. It occurred to him that the overly confident Stormborn would promise there'd be more thralls and children to keep her busy after his return but he wasn't there yet.. and as much as she had wanted this, he didn't know if that kind of bragging was part of it. He had never done much but he also never made promises he couldn't keep. Maybe they'd get there but not yet. Of all lions, Haldor was the one who set the bar high for a first viking. Snorre didn't expect to be so lucky.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:02 pm
"You are stronger than Death," Creid agreed. "As many faults as we both share, there is a reason I agreed to be your wife. I won't worry about you much, but I'll be sure to keep you in my heart so that Death would be too fearful to even draw close."

"Adhama is a wonderful gift, and I believe that with some training, Ylva will be finally drawing in the proposals. I'll keep everything as organized as possible, so when you return, the time will be ripe for securing ourselves into a strong force."

Ooooh, everything was working out properly! "And if it does work out, perhaps we could even discuss expanding our own family..." she said with a smirk. Most of their first litter hadn't shown the drive that she had desired, but a second time around would be a different story. She was a more driven mother, understanding the game far greater than she had when she was younger, and they would all succeed.

Ecavi

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:16 pm
When Creid coyly pivoted the conversation towards the idea that they could have more cubs, Snorre couldn't help but laugh. Loudly. It wasn't cruel or mean-spirited, it simply was what seemed the most natural reaction after this whole conversation. They were so much older now than when they first married and had children, but they would be significantly better prepared for it.

"Maybe with more iron in my blood, I'll give you more sons and daughters to be proud of."

Sure, their kids were .. fine. But when you could only name two with any promise, that wasn't much to brag about. Even Haldor and Ylva were late bloomers, and that could be easily blamed on him. They'd be better prepared to be parents and this time, he wouldn't be such a bad example.

.. That she knew about.

Safaia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:56 am
"No maybes. You'll succeed. I don't think you want to deal with me if you don't succeed." She wasn't as concerned about him bringing home a thrall than beautiful furs, trinkets, and objects from far away. At this point in the pride's history, it seemed more novel to get trinkets rather than thralls.

"I will take that as a vow," she added, her smirk growing into a more genuine, if thoughtful, smile. "And I will await your return with baited breath," she added on, releasing a chuckle she had held in.

"Let me know when you're ready. I'm sure you'll find a good raiding band to leave with."

-fin-  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out