Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Citizenship / residency Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which one of the following are you?
British citizen living in America
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
British in Britain
50%
 50%  [ 14 ]
American in America
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
American in Britain
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dual in Britain
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Dual in America
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Other
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 28

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:49 pm
Which are you?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:02 am
When you say 'dual', do you mean dual citizenship of both Britain and America or dual citizenship of Britain and anywhere, or dual citizenship of America and anywhere or dual citizenship of either and anywhere or dual citizenship of anywhere and anywhere?

I have dual citizenship of Britain and Ireland, anyway, and I live in Britain.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Lord Jagged

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:35 am
I have dual nationality from England and France.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:34 pm
Okay this is going to confuse you to the point of no return. I have three passports: British, Canadian, and American.  

50ny4

fwikin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:36 pm
i was born in britain and lived in zimbabwe, now i am entitled to be a british citizen ..... so i am dual right now!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:00 pm
Born in Britain, but my mother is a Guyanese national so I could claim dual nationality and get a Guyanese passport, if it could be done; but what would be the point?  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:52 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:54 am
Foetus In Fetu
There are loads of points! I just don't know what any of them are.

To be honest, though, I don't think that there is much of a point, unless you're planning on living in Guyana at some point in the future (I don't plan to move to Ireland but I wasn't presented with a choice; I wasn't paying for it, anyway XD).

Have you any idea what Guyana is like? All my mother's family fled the country years ago. The Foreign Office has listed it as a country that only should only be visted for "essential" trips. XD

Haha, it's only the internal ethnic problems and the crime level that put me off.  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:13 am
Tri-nationality.

I can lay claim to being of France, Great Britain and Guernsey.

I had a French "carte d'identite" which served as a passport, however when we tried to renew it they people at the French embassy were so awkward that I decided not to bother and so I kept with my Guernsey passport. I could still claim Franch nationality, if I wanted to.

However, I've never lived in Guernsey and I was born in Westminster. So I can claim to be standard British. However I choose not to, because I love the Guernsey system.

Seriously, Guernsey is amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:28 am
I am British with British parents, so in other words 100% pure British! and nothing else! xd  

moaningmyrtle

Knightsedge
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:01 am
British living in the United Arab Emirates. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:53 pm
American living in America. biggrin

Soon to be American living in England though, I plan on going to university there soon. 3nodding  

LLT

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:42 pm
Foetus In Fetu
When you say 'dual', do you mean dual citizenship of both Britain and America or dual citizenship of Britain and anywhere, or dual citizenship of America and anywhere or dual citizenship of either and anywhere or dual citizenship of anywhere and anywhere?

I have dual citizenship of Britain and Ireland, anyway, and I live in Britain.

I meant Britain and anywhere.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:25 am
Invictus_88
Tri-nationality.

I can lay claim to being of France, Great Britain and Guernsey.

I had a French "carte d'identite" which served as a passport, however when we tried to renew it they people at the French embassy were so awkward that I decided not to bother and so I kept with my Guernsey passport. I could still claim Franch nationality, if I wanted to.

However, I've never lived in Guernsey and I was born in Westminster. So I can claim to be standard British. However I choose not to, because I love the Guernsey system.

Seriously, Guernsey is amazing.

In that case, I have tri-nationality aswell.  

Lord Jagged

Vanilla Pod

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:37 am
Damnit, I'm dual and I forgot. xp

I have a British and a Dutch passport. I could get a South African one if I wanted to, but then I would have to give up my other two, and I don't care that much.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff