Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oɴᴇ Pɪᴇᴄᴇ﹕Rᴀᴅɪᴀɴᴛ Dᴀᴡɴ

Back to Guilds

Hαve yoυ coмe тo prove yoυ вeloɴɢ oɴ тнeѕe ѕeαѕ... 

Tags: One Piece, Literate, Role Play, Battle, Adventure 

Reply Tʜᴇ Oᴄᴇᴀɴ
Tomb of the White Wings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:04 pm
User Image

sᴛʀ: 005 | sᴘᴅ: 020 | ᴅᴇғ: 050 | ᴘʀᴡ: 090 || ʜᴘ: 990 | ᴛsᴛᴀ: 600 | sᴘɪ: 090

XXX Though she should have, Astraea didn't care much about where and what Dist was doing. The only thing she was concerned about currently was Galand, who was wounded quite badly but thankfully still breathing. Similarly to the horned woman, the mermaid's gaze never strayed from her even as her assistant directed the conversation. While he was strange for sure, the only person she felt truly threatened by was this stranger who was attempting to kidnap her fiance, claiming that she was his betrothed. Raea's attention did peak as the man continued speaking though, a flash of pain in her eyes as he mentioned that Galand and this woman had a history together, back in Wano. When it came to her partner's past in his homeland, she knew about a few things, but he'd always been reluctant to dwell on his old memories there, and since it seemed to pain him she'd resolved to never really knowing just what his childhood was like. But at the very least, why hadn't he shared this? It seemed like something that would not have been a big deal unless.. unless she really did matter that much to him. It was all to easy to succumb to the rush of thoughts about her inadequacies, insecure now in the presence of this woman who - was it possible? - knew Galand better than she did.

Perhaps they'd been good childhood friends, and he had loved her. Did he love her still? Had he never mentioned her because he still harbored feelings for her? Was she just a second best? Some sort of replacement that could never match the original? He'd told her himself, she couldn't understand him. Not truly. She tried, desperately too, but maybe he was right. Maybe his bloodline, his so called "curse" was something she'd never be able to understand. But maybe this woman could. Did. And it hurt, but that didn't mean she was ready to give him up. Not until he told her himself what he wanted. If he really did still hold a flame for this woman and would be happier with her, then who was she to stand in the way of that? The very thought of letting him go made her heart skip a beat, an intense wave of grief rushing through her. She didn't want him to leave her! She didn't want this strange woman to whisk him away! Hadn't she done a good job, too? Hadn't she supported him throughout the years well enough to be loved, too? Astraea wanted this to be true, but then she considered the current state he was in. This woman had been able to rescue him when she could not. And what did he have to show for all their years together but a scarred up body and unimaginable torture?

"Unfortunately, we can't hand Galand off to you.. Especially if you're going back to Dist." Leona kept her spear where it was, curious as to why the man seemed so confident that he did not seem reluctant to approach her so. "I don't want this island to be destroyed, and you don't either. Not when you still have people here that you need. So it would be in the best interest for both of us to prevent things from turning violent, no?" That being said... She didn't have a plan for that. Astraea clearly wasn't going to give Galand up, and these other people seemed equally determined not to leave without him. It was quite the conundrum. At the woman's command, Astraea shook her head, a disgusted snarl on her face. When she spoke her voice seemed rougher, darker, and nowhere near her typically pleasant demeanor. "He chose me." Even as she doubted her place in his life, she wanted to reassert this fact. She was the one wearing his ring, not this Kindle woman. "If you want him, you're going to have to kill me."

North Lotus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:42 am
User ImageUser Image

sᴛʀ: 000 | sᴘᴅ: 250 | ᴅᴇғ: 000 | ᴘʀᴡ: 345 || ʜᴘ: 990 | ᴛsᴛᴀ: 600 | sᴘɪ: 178

[ Nervously, the man lets out a sigh at the response of the pair. He had initially thought it possible for them to understand their predicament considering the display of power and instinctual differences between them and Kindle. But alas, he deigns to deem both women of the standard heroic idiot type. After rubbing the back of his head, he turns to Kindle and shrugs casually. “Is what they say, Ms. Kindle. What do you want to do now? Kill them?” Kindle stares at Astraea, her finger twitching in response to the provocation. If she had it her way, she’d had beheaded the woman right then and there, or at the very least try. But she can tell, both the blonde and the red head are no pushovers. When she said you’d have to kill her first, she clearly means it. And to make matters more problematic… The horned woman slightly turns her head, looking up at one of the openings in the cavern ceiling.

Her eyes narrow before she clicks her tongue in frustration. After turning her gaze back towards her rival in romance, she stands herself up and swings one arm out to the side. “Leaving.” she commands. With it, the corpses of the slain men slowly come together, piece by piece. Wounds sealing, and life returning to their eyes. Although they seem a bit tired. Groaning and slinking forth, the men start to head out of the cavern, as if they weren’t just mutilated by a rampaging mermaid. The glasses wearing man smiles softly, bowing to Leona before snapping his finger. A massive figure, camouflaged along the ceiling, crawls down the walls and upside down out of the cavern path. As he remains bowed, the man gives a chuckle. “Well, it’s a shame since we’ll have to deal with Kindle’s attitude from here forward, but it’s fine. I personally think Mr. Galand there would do better with you two for now anyways. And besides, you’re the one I’m more interested in, Ms. Leona.” he finishes before standing upright, and walking past with a wave.

Kindle stops next to Astraea and the unconscious Galand, showing a face of both pain and anger. Her arms tremble as if she desires to reach out for him, but alas, she steels herself and keeps marching forward. “Saved him...this time. Next time...I’ll take. Better.” he says, exiting into the cavernous hallway. The man, whimsical as ever, holds up a finger as he passes by. “Ah, she’s saying that she fixed your mistake this time. But next time, she will not tolerate your negligence, and take him back. You need to be better, or hand him over to someone who is. A bit harsh but, that’s what she says. Enjoy your cavern escapades, ladies! We’ll be in the village if you need us! After all… we still have business with Mr. Cartel!” He says this, as if giving a hint. Even if they wanted to rush back to Cartel, it would be for naught if they don’t have the jewel. They’d simply be kicked out of the island. But if they don’t hurry, well, who knows what may befall their friend.

After some time from this, Galand would flinch, and slowly start to open his eyes up. The bright beams of light above harshly glare over his eyes, forcing him to cover his face with his good arm. “Urg… What the hell? How am I up here? ...I thought that I…” he questions, still a bit out of it, not understanding how he could possibly be above ground right now. Maybe he should have stayed sleep for a bit longer... ]

Traits: Primary Weapon: Sword x Rokushiki x Life Return | Perk: Master | Alliance: Pirate | Fruit: Quake

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:37 pm
User Image

XXX Were it not for the fact that Astraea did not wish to move from Galand's side, she would have happily thrown herself at Kindle. Even had she not been so concerned about her fiance though... an unsettling presence made a chill run down the woman's spine, and she tilted her head slightly, daring to dart her eyes up toward the cavern ceiling for just a moment. Even know it seemed as though nobody was there anymore, it did little to assuage the instinctual panic the sensation had caused. So unnerving was it, that her apparent new rival was willing to leave without her so called "prize" as the man with the glasses had so crudely referred to Galand as. And as if this whole encounter hadn't been strange enough, with one motion of her arm Kindle seemed to resurrect the dead, stitching flesh back together as Leona and Raea stared on in horror and interest. To the strange man's words, Leona could only frown, not enjoying the idea of why someone like him might be interested in her, but nevertheless letting him pass by in silence. Neither of the Doves moved to stop the pair as they left, though at Kindle's harsh words Astraea couldn't help but flinch. They were the exact things she herself was worrying about and to know that someone else, especially her, thought the same was even more painful.

Alone again, the woman slowly started to relax and Leona sighed beside her, putting her spear away. "It's not like we can rush off to Cartel, anyway.. Not without that jewel we've been tasked with getting." Still distraught, Raea looked up at her, shaking her head. "But we can't do anything with Galand like this! He needs help! We have to take him back to the village!" Leona took a moment to glance down at their fallen comrade, squatting down beside him she examined him briefly. He had a few lacerations, his arm was beat up pretty severely, and he'd clearly hit his head or been crushed enough to have lost consciousness, but he didn't seem like he was in any immediate danger. "He does need medical attention, but not as urgently as you might think. He's pretty tough, remember? And besides, I doubt the villagers will accept him under their care if we can't prove our intentions." Though it all made sense rationally, Astraea's brow remained furrowed with worry. Anxiously she combed her finger's through her fiance's hair, focused intently on him as if she expected him to stop breathing at any second.

"Y-Yeah, but.." The mermaid cut off as Galand suddenly flinched and opened his eyes. She gasped and leaned forward until her face was over his to block out the light that was clearly bothering him. "Galand?!" Tears of relief pooled in the woman's eyes, her lip trembling as she tried to fight back the urge to cry. "Are you okay?!" Clearly... not. But she couldn't help but ask it, as it was really the only thing she could do. Now that he was awake, the woman seemed to push her fear into anger, something Galand knew well considering how often he ended up like this. "You idiot! What were you thinking?! I told you I'd be right there! Why didn't you wait for me?!" She understood why, of course, because he hadn't had a real plan in the first place. All it came down to was reckless heroism on his part, just as it always was. "Do you think that I'd want to survive at the cost of your life?! Of course not! I want to be with you right up until the end, so why didn't you wait for me if you were going to do something so stupid?!"

Though she had given it an honest attempt, she still had to stop to briskly wipe the tears from her face, drawing in a shaky breath. "I thought you were dead! I couldn't even find you! Your other fiance had to do it!" At this, Leona, who had been standing by awkwardly, cleared her throat a little and stepped back. "Er.. I'm just going to.. Get the jewel, so.. You two can stay here!" And with that she was gone, off to find their ticket to staying on the island while the other two worked out their issues.

North Lotus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:37 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ Galand?! The near sonic pitched screaming of his name forces the dazed man to coil. Both hands grip the sides of his head while his face winces in agony. He definitely doesn’t remember Astraea being able to do this! But, in the end, maybe he deserves it. He can’t have expected to get out of this with a simple hug after the stunt he pulled. As long as it takes, he endures the brunt of her verbal lashings, not daring to speak up against her. And, even if he had wanted to, what could he say in response? Besides ramblings of his ill-placed heroics, and boasts of his abilities, he’d have no time to think of a good reason--mainly because there simply wasn’t one. It’s only when the blonde says something about another fiance does he turn to face Astraea, shame aside, he can’t not look at her after she says something like that.

“What…? Other...fiance? Raea, what are you talking abo- NGH!” He tries to reach out for her, concerned behind the meaning of her words, but it only sends spirals of hurt surging from his arms, and out to the rest of his body.

He’s left shaken and grinding his teeth in order to deny the mortifying sensation of his torn muscles and maimed flesh. He’s left in such recoiling pain he spins himself onto his stomach, practically curling into himself. His sandals tear into the sand, as if he’s trying to push himself forward. His head digs down, sweat runs along his form, and blood drips onto the golden grains from his ligaments, courtesy of his reckless attack. His voice echoes out into the vast chamber, reverberating through the anthill he he lashes about trying any which way to stop the pain. He knew full well using Outrage Amazon would only bring him grief, as it ever has. But then, he never expected to survive the cave in. That move, he learned by trying to replicate one of Roma’s more basic abilities. An attempt at matching her output, only only served to come out imperfected and direly reckless. And this is the cost.

Eventually, the pain does die down, and Galand remains stationed firmly against the sand on his knees, arms hung loose to his sides, and head pressed down. His vision remains blurry and unfocused, his breath is severely ragged and unpatterned. Any simple movement or attempt to get up causes him a loss of balance, forcing him to remain stationed without help. “I’m…” he tries speaking, coughing up a bit of blood before getting himself back to gear. “...sorry. I was stupid… I know that. I just… we have to do this, no matter what. We-” He ceases, flinching from a sudden tinge of pain. But fighting through it, visibly defying his wounds and pain, he speaks through his clenched teeth. “We can’t make the same mistake twice! I’ve had enough being selfish! It cost us...EVERYTHING. I gotta make this right, no matter the cost. And first...it starts with Cartel!”

As he finishes, the figure posted atop the cavern, spying in from one of the many holes in the ceiling gets up, pulls down the hood even further, and heads off. Hiding behind a stone near the entrance, Kindle sighs faintly and officially heads for the exit. In her wake, on the other side of the stone, indentions are left where she had gripped too hard in her attempts at stopping herself from running to help the in agony Galand. ]

Traits: Primary Weapon: Sword x Rokushiki x Life Return | Perk: Master | Alliance: Pirate | Fruit: Quake

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:26 pm
User Image

XXX As her terror fueled fury slowly ebbed, Astraea was left feeling slightly guilty at yelling at her fiance when he was in such a sorry state. Watching him writhe in agony brought fresh tears to the woman's face, and she leaned forward to gently place her hand on his back as he worked through the throes of pain. "Okay, it's okay.. Don't move anymore, just breathe..." Her voice was low and quiet as she attempted to soothe him the best she could. Obviously there was little she could do for him considering her lack of medical knowledge or tools, but she couldn't just sit back and watch him suffer. As he huddled over himself, she inched forward, kneeling down so that their knees touched and his head was at her stomach. Leaning over him slightly, she carefully wrapped her arms around him, stroking his hair and back for a moment. "Alright.. Alright, don't worry, I got it. Take a deep breath." Whether or not he listened to her, she slowly trailed her hands down to his neck, pressing lightly but intentionally against his vagus nerves while she cooed and coddled him. "Go back to sleep, Galand.."

By no means was her anger gone, and she planned to have a lengthy discussion with him about everything that happened when he woke up again, but not now when his injuries were so intense. She waited until his body drooped, until his breathing grew deeper, and once she knew she'd been successful in knocking her poor partner out, she shifted herself so that she could carry him across her shoulders. It was as difficult as it always was considering how heavy he was, but it was for the best and she'd manage. Raea had made it no more than two steps when Leona came out from where she'd exited, dragging an unconscious man behind her. "The jewel's gone, but I have a pretty solid guess as to where it went." And now, even more than before, the mermaid was glad Galand was unconscious. With a heavy sigh, Leona shook her head. "This whole escapade has been a disaster.. There's no point in searching this cave any further, and there's no point in trying to engage in combat with Galand like that. Let's just return to the village and plead our case there."

Looking a little dejected, Raea merely nodded and staggered after her suspiciously alive again friend, who continued dragging the poor pirate along. After a bit of trekking, they made it back to where they had started. Though she knew she was unwelcome, Astraea still ventured forward toward the crowd, and more specifically to the elderly woman who had sent them on their quest in the first place. "Please.. I know we failed you, but please help him.. I'll do anything you ask! So, please!" She couldn't bare the thought of Galand being in pain any longer, and even if Leona thought his wounds weren't fatal, she wasn't sure she trusted her opinion right now. Struggling to keep her fiance stable, the woman moved into a trembling kneel and bowed her head.

North Lotus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ His throws of pain persisted, despite his futile attempts at suppressing them. Simply enduring it, ignoring it, none of it works. He’s only given vague relief when in Astraea’s embrace. Truth be told, whether it be a mental thing or not, merely being in her arms made him feel so much better. But not enough. The backlash from his reckless attack is too severe, and he knows he’ll be feeling it for some time longer. Or at least, he should have. Without noticing it, the pain subtly starts to fade, as does his consciousness. And in but a few short moments, in the midst of him trying to murmur something to his lover, he passes out, and his body goes completely limp. Rest, for now, Galand. On the side of the village, three troublesome looking Pirates come fumbling in maniacally, having pilfered the gem from the unawares trio as they dealt with the insect problem.

Their greed and cruelties is almost palpable as they worm their way to the group of villagers in wait. The one in charge holds up the beautifully blood shimmering gem high above their head, calling out for attention. He repeats over and over in his pants, clammering for the people’s eyes to see. “Look! Us! It was us! WE got the gem! The other bastards died in a bug nest! So this… whew… So this, this should be enough for ya to trust us, right? We got the gem, just like you said before!” Proud of his deed, he holds the gem before the village elder arrogantly. The smug expression across his and his compatriots faces are too vile for words, clearly showing the horrible nature of their hearts. “Mm… yes. It is indeed the gem. The very one and same.” she says, turning her back to the man and looking up the sky. The Pirates look to one another proudly, assuming their mission accomplished. With this, they can post up on the island just like planned! This backwater island won’t be on the Marine’s radar, and in fact, they ran here to escape the World Government’s influence--among other things! So it’s perfect right?!

“Do it.” the village elder speaks. In the next moment, the one holding the gem jerks forward a bit, smile still on his face.

It takes a second or two for it to register, but he starts lowering his head until finally he has view of his chest. Broken, snapped bones and ribs, covered in streams of red jut out from the cavity where they once rested. A vicious hole remains there, clearing front and back. “...Eh?” He drops, eyes rolling to the back of his head as the gem falls from his grasp. One of the twins, the one on the right, swipes her hand to the side, revealing the gem to be within her grasp, completely confusing the pirates. “Eh? Huh? ...Wait, what just… eh? Why did… but we did what you said…” Following his words, the two remaining Pirates spontaneously explode in a splash of blood, falling to their knees as the wounds covering their bodies viciously spray the warm red liquids from within. With the deed done, the village elder sighs a bit, shaking her head from side to side. The other villagers start the process of cleanup, eventually leading to Astraea and Leona arriving some time later.

Despite Astraea’s plea, the villagers merely stare at her, giving cruel apathetic gazes. “I suppose it can’t be helped. Just this once, we’ll do you a favor. You two, bring him. Lay him before me.” And so, with her words, the twins carefully walk over and take Galand from Astraea’s back as carefully as can be. Gently do they lay him before her feet, feeling his vitals to ensure he’s even still alive. Once it’s confirmed, the twins look up simultaneously and nod before returning to their posts by the elder’s side. The old woman rubs her temple with her free hand before lifting her cane above Galand’s head, glaring down at him as a spike protrudes from the bottom of it. “Yes, a favor. Killing the monster right here and now would do you, and us all a favor. Should it turn out he’s of no good to the world. Ah, and do not move. If you do, we’ll come to our own assumption, and be rid of him altogether. So stay put. Child, put the gem on his palm.” he commands.

Following her order, the right twin walks up, placing the gem onto Galand’s hand dutifully. And despite the seconds that pass, despite everyone’s intense gazes hoping for the opposite, the gem not only remains blue, but begins giving off a gently light from within. The elder looks upon this calming shine with widened eyes before turning around almost in a panic. “Bring the medics. Help this man at once! At ONCE!” The villagers hesitate at first, shocked at this sudden snap response, but come to and rush off to find the medics and aid. The old woman turns to Astraea with sweat running down her face, looking at the two women as if they were gods preparing to judge her. “F-For the gem to do this not once, but twice in a single day… Y-You truly are old friends with the guardian’s family…! F-Forgive us! We were foolish! But we… we had to test you! It was his demand…!” she says, begging on her knees with a lowered head. The twins follow suit, followed by the other villagers surrounding. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:21 am
User Image

XXX Hearing the elderly woman accept her plea, Astraea sighed with relief and let the tension in her shoulders drop slightly. She didn't care what price she had to pay as long as Galand was taken care of. But nearly the second she passed her fiance off into what she thought was capable hands she came to regret it. As the woman lifted her cane up, Raea felt her stomach drop, a new wave of rage and desperation fueling her as the spike emerged. The warning came right as she was about to leap once more into the fray, their mission of reconciliation be damned. Had it not been for the elder's words, for the fear that she was not quite fast enough to protect Galand, she would have torn them all to shreds. But a gamble on his life was not something she would ever try to wager. She knew not what this damnable jewel did exactly, but if the villagers found their answer unsatisfactory then she would have no choice but to react then and pray to whatever gods were listening that she could protect her partner. For now, all she could do was tremble with her fury and wait, glaring between the twins and the woman judging her lover's fate. In this moment, if looks could kill, not a single one of them would be left standing.

When it felt as though the collective breath everyone had been holding was released, when the old woman turned to give her orders, Astraea lunged forward, moving to shield his body with her own. Her anger had only built since she'd left the caves, and on top of this she was practically left seeing red. They'd threatened the love of her life and expected forgiveness?! They'd sent them on a damn suicide mission, had pirates crawling around, and at the very least had not chased off Kindle and the strange man with her. To hell with this island! To hell with Cartel, and Noella, and everyone else! Though she didn't truly mean it, at the moment she was too pissed off for rational thought. To everyone's sudden expressions of regret and politeness, she simply snarled at them. When the medics arrived, the mermaid stared them down intensely, suddenly striking out and snatching the wrist of a man brave enough to try to assess him. "Nobody touches him!" It had been foolish of her to trust him to them before, and she was not going to do it again. "U-Um, miss.. We need to move him if we're going to help him.."

It took a moment for the words to sink in, and Raea slowly loosened her grip with a single nod. "You. Just you touch him. Nobody else." With a gentleness quite the opposite of her current demeanor, she shifted Galand back onto her shoulders and stood, slowly following after the terrified team of medics. "Remember, Astraea, they're trying to help him." The woman shot an equally murderous glare to Leona, and when she spoke her voice was dark and dripping with malice. "I don't forgive them." Brushing past the crowd, she continued on to where she was lead, cautiously setting Galand down when she was directed to, but never further than an arms distance from him. Every move the medics made was questioned now, every tool they grabbed, every medicine administered, everything. But by the end of it, the man was patched up, and his face seemed to be more relaxed than before, as if some of the pain had ebbed.

For a moment, Raea smiled gently down at her lover, then returned to her furious glower at the group that had given their assistance. "Leave."

In the meantime, Leona was attempting to patch up their rather bumpy relationships. "Please excuse her. She's.. Well, they're both very protective of each other. We can understand your caution, and she'll relax as soon as her partner - Galand - seems to be improving. My name is Leona, and I'm terribly sorry for how rough our meetings have been thus far." Dropping to one knee herself, she dipped her head to the elderly woman. "Now, you said something about the guardian? Are you talking about our Cartel, by chance? Would we be able to meet him?"

North Lotus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:33 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ Despite the hardships experience, mainly due to their own foolishness, the people are in fact able to assist Galand into recovering. After the surgery ends, the medic involved provides a sigh of relief, sliding down his mask to take a much need breath. He checks over the scarred man’s body once more over before happily providing the new of his success into mending Galand--at least as much as would be needed to keep him alive and kicking. But regardless of his efforts, he’s firmly told to leave by the woman who refused to leave his side. Disappointed in her lack of appreciation, and her consistent hostility, he plainly grabs hold of his things and takes for the exit. It’s only when he and the others are addressed by the red headed woman. The only one of the two with a leveled head presently. The elder and those chosen to accompany her hear Leona’s apology, and desires for peace.

With a nod, the old woman pulls a necklace from around her throat, holding it gently in the clasp of her hand. She stares at the item hanging from the thread; a white bird shaped stencil of sorts. “I would like to mend our relationship as well. We got off on the wrong foot, but it was the only way we could be sure… Thus, the test. But, now that we know, yes indeed… we can take you to see our guardian--Sir Dolsato, and his kin.” She offers a bright smile, completely different from her more cold outlook from before. “If you would, please follow me. And, bring him as well. The Guardian would surely love to meet him, of that I’m certain.” she says, referring to Galand. After, with only her two guards in tow, she leads the group to what appears to be a massive flush of trees. A dense forest packed to the brim with foliage and the like, giving in a difficult to venture appearance. But as the only lady holds up the necklace, the sounds of countless birds begins echoing throughout the area.

Their calls are so vast, it covers the sound of all else, even the shifting waves over yonder. Then, a horribly thick mist spreads from the trees, quickly enveloping the entirety of the area. So much so that the patiently waiting Pirates on their ships can only look in confusion. Soon enough, at least for those on the island, the fog begins to clear, and as it does, a surprising sight is left unfolded. What was once a simple village, has turned into a massive mountain side town, embedded along the sides of cliffs, and atop massive trees. Shimmering greenery covers the base of trees and houses. People and children, all with bunny-like features, are using strange leaf-made contraptions to glide from place to place like birds in the sky. A beautiful river flows throughout like an intricate network, giving way for the fisherman and marine transportation to get around to the various sections of the massive community. And at the furthest end, atop a massive tree of unparalleled height, a large near castle-like structure resides.

> [ x ]

“Welcome to Pasithea, the island of Illusions and Harmony! Founded by our great Guardian, where we wayward souls of the world reside.” She gives Astraea and Leona a chance to take everything in before turning back the sight and heading forward. It’s only after making their way a bit farther in is their march halted by a familiar voice. “Late.” the voice says, prompting another to chime in as he’s want to do. “Ah, she is saying, You’re late. It took you far too long to get here.” Walking before their path is Kindle, and her translator guy. The woman stands there with her arms folded beneath her bust, apathetically staring at the group as per usual, before noticing Galand’s stable state, and sighing in relief. The elder walks closer to speak with them a bit before they all inevitably head back towards Astraea and Leona. “Now that we’re all together, shall we go meet the Guardian?” she questions rhetorically, heading towards the massive castle-shaped structure.

However, on the outside where the pirate fleet resides, a man steps forward, hoisting a massive sword over his shoulder with quite the smug expression branding his face. He eyes the mist silently, clearly plotting something most foul. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:36 pm
User Image

XXX Alone now, Astraea returned to gently running her finger's through Galand's hair, though she couldn't bring herself to smile at the moment. Of course, she was overjoyed that he was safe now, as far as his injuries were concerned, but the day had been overwhelming to say the least, and her foul mood had yet to dissipate. How could she trust anyone on this island after what she'd witnessed? They seemed happy to brush past the whole ordeal, but they were clearly more than willing to dirty their hands, and the elderly woman had called her fiance a monster! It was going to take more than expressions of regret to warm her back up to the island and its inhabitants, and as things were currently, she didn't want to stay long enough for that to be possible. And with Galand down for the count, all Raea could do was sit and let her emotions fester and grow. It was rare that he had to be the one to calm her down, but there were certainly times when even she was pushed to her limit. And now, among a village of strangers, grouped with someone who may or may not be the long deceased Leona, she was fast approaching her breaking point.

On top of that, she hadn't even been able to discuss the appearance of Kindle with her partner yet. It wasn't as though she doubted Galand's love for her, but she couldn't help but feel insecure. After all, the woman was beautiful, powerful, and she'd saved the man's life when she couldn't. On top of that, her markings... They were so similar to Galand's that she was certain they were connected somehow. The man's so called curse was something she'd never been able to comfort her lover about, though she'd tried again and again. He simply hated it. Hid it. Wished for it not to be a part of himself. But this woman... If she lived it too, then maybe she understood it more than the mermaid ever could. Maybe, in the end, she really was the better choice for a life partner. The thought made Raea sigh, and she pulled her knees to her chest, gazing off blankly as she got lost in her thoughts.

As soon as someone entered again, however, she leaped to her feet, immediately ready to spring at the intruder if they seemed to come with the intent to harm. But it was only a couple of the medics who, wide eyed now, explained that they were taking the trio to see Cartel and had been tasked with moving Galand. "Fine." Though the anger and distaste on her face was clearly apparent, she did not hinder the two who began to carry the man toward their new destination. As they walked, she moved her hand to gently take hold of one of his, finding mild comfort in the warmth and familiar roughness of his skin. Maybe when he woke up, things would be better... even if she was still mad at him, too. While Leona seems to remain relaxed and in awe of the beauty of the landscape stretched before them and the strange technique hiding what appeared to be a flourishing town, she whole display did little to soothe Raea's growing panic. If they were hiding this then what else were they hiding? What other tests did they have in mind to see if their lives were worth anything? She'd spend years as the World Government's test subject and--.

The woman stopped, her hand sliding away from Galand's and falling limply to the side for a moment as she stared off into space, lost to the world. The test, testing, test subject, mock, mocking, cold, cold, cold, cold. "Ngh.." The world seemed too bright suddenly, and a flash of pain shot through the woman's skull as she rose her hands to grasp her throbbing head. The air here was suddenly too thin, and Raea found herself swaying and panting, irregular harsh breaths. This was the first time she'd every recalled torture not at the hands of just anyone, but at the World Government specifically as Noella and Galand had explained before. Stumbling forward, the firm support of someone suddenly grabbing her shoulder made her flinch. "Ma'am?" Immediately the confused mermaid swept her hand out to push her would be helper away, tugging herself free from her grip. "Don't touch me!" The momentum of recoiling sadly knocked her off balance, and she landed at Kindle's feet in a dazed heap until the ringing in her ears faded and she was able to re-acclimate to reality.

Hearing the woman's face made Astraea's lip curl, but she said nothing to her or to the man "translating" for her. Extending a hand, Leona did her best to provide support. "You alright?" Smacking her hand away, Raea blinked back frustrated tears as she stood herself up an continued on, taking her side next to Galand once more. "I'm fine." Though she was far from it, she just wanted to get this all over with. There was a pang of guilt she felt in knowing that she wanted to rush a reunion with her old friend, since Cartel had been nothing but good to her, but she was hating this place more and more by the second. So self absorbed in her own thoughts and miseries was she, that she hadn't even acknowledged the beauty of the area they were in. Leona on the other hand, seemed appreciative of their tour. "So Cartel really created this place? Or at the very least helped build it up to this? That's incredible.. If your island is so remote, don't you worry about running out of resources, or do you send out traders from time to time?" The woman made idle chat with the villagers as they made their way to the castle in the distance.

North Lotus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ After seeing Astraea’s tantrum against even her ally there, Kindle shakes her head in disappointment, not understanding what in the world Galand could see in a rude barbaric woman like her. She exudes bad vibes, has been nothing but feral since their first meet, and even shows discourtesy to even her own party members. How she was allowed passage into this place confuses her, but realizing it’s not her place she turns away and follows behind the elder--on the other side of Galand at that. The translator walks alongside her for a bit with his hands behind his back until he turns to see Leona’s social performance with the locals. Normally, they’d be frightened of newcomers, opting to avoid them entirely. But they see to be quite comfortable with the red head, showing no hesitation or signs of fear. Surprise initially, yes, but non-the-less they speak to her in kind.

In the parting times between the spearwoman’s chats with the locals, the elder privies the group with more information. “You see, we met the Guardian some odd years back. We were caught in a struggle between some pirates; Doves or some other, and uncaring of our presence the Government attacked relentlessly. We were no more than collateral damage to them. A necessary sacrifice. But that’s when we met him… Oh I will never forget that day…” he says, happily reminiscing the good old days. Some of the younger villagers, having grown accustomed to Leona, run around the group playfully. They slow down to walk alongside Galand, poking his cheeks and touching his ‘curse’ playfully, seeing no error on his flesh. Rather, they seem to quite enjoy the sight, labeling it as cool apparently. Then they run over to circle around Astraea and Kindle, taking their hands if permitted, and looking up with the most innocent smiles.

Their questions come in droves, mixed in with compliments on their appearances, before being shooed off by the older residents--assuming they hadn’t been already. After the children escape their would be scoldings with fast legs and laughter, Galand nudges a bit, faintly smiling in his sleep. “Come on… Angelfish… just… one time...haha.” He seems to be in a more stable, peaceful mind now. Noticing his calm, the elder gives a smile before turning back forth, only stopping once they reach a massive staircase fashioned with frills and strange glowing multicolored fireflies of some sort. Two rabbit eared guardswoman stand there, lifting their spears and slamming them back onto the ground. “As strange as it is, the Guardian was the one most hurt out of all of us. In truth, it’s a miracle he was even alive with how we found him! But, despite his state, he properly guided us all to safety. Not a single one of us came to harm through his instruction, and we were thusly led to this island. The rest… I suppose is for the Guardian himself to tell you! Fufu.” she remarks, nodding to the guards and heading up the stairway.

As the climb the staircase, winding around the enormous treetrunk, they pass through several large flower-like fruit buds, hollowed out and used as checkpoints. Finally, they’d find themselves at the peak of the tree. A large beautiful fountain fashioned after a Dove sits at the center with ten feathers orbiting it above the water, lifting and falling as if in a dance. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:47 pm
User Image

XXX "Well, it's all beautiful! And such an interesting transportation system! I can see why you're so cautious about visitors, because this seems like a hidden paradise! I can't imagine many people end up here on accident, but aren't you worried about groups like those pirates threatening you?" Leona smiled as she watched the children run around or tug at her shirt for attention. Occasionally, once they seemed to be used to her, she would turn and bring her hands up toward her face to make pretend claws, growling playfully at them as if to scare them. "Grrrr!" At this, the youngsters would squeal in delight and run away from the "monster" for a bit to explore the other strangers. And also Astraea was far less trusting of the adults she'd interacted with so far, she couldn't bring herself to fault children. The innocence of their smiles and questions, the way they didn't judge Galand harshly upon seeing the marks on his skin, and the sound of their laughter slowly began to melt away the woman's foul mood. In fact, she was happy to hold the hand of the child who reached out for hers, and couldn't help but return the smile she was given. They were just so sweet! And their ears were just so stinkin' cute!

"I thought if I poked him, then he might be ticklish and laugh, but he didn't wake up!" Swinging their arms, the little boy hopped alongside the mermaid as they continued forward. "Ah, well, he's just very tired. He got hurt earlier, so his body needs him to rest so he'll feel better." The child nodded, and then turned to address her with a myriad of questions. "What's your name, again? My name is Ninoux! Your hair is so long! Did you all fight those scary ants?" Blinking in surprise, Raea laughed for what she believed was the first time since she'd stepped foot on the island. "My name is Astraea, it's nice to meet you, Ninoux. Yes, we fought some of the ants in the cave we were in. That's how we got hurt." Once more the boy nodded, skipping along contently. "How come he calls you Raea if that's not your name? Also my sister thought she did a good job copying you, but she got mad when he said hers wasn't as cute! Do you think he likes you?" Still amused by the child's enthusiasm and curiosity, she continued to answer him gladly, interested in learning why he seemed to know so much about them. "Raea is just a nickname. Were you perhaps controlling those.. blobs we saw in the cave? And well.. He's my fiance, so I would hope he likes me."

Grinning at him, she shrugged slightly, her mood deflating a little as she thought about Galand, and Kindle, and their current, confusing situation. "Yup! That was us! My dad's really the one who does the most work, but my sister and I are learning! What's a fian-" "Ninoux!" The boy jumped up in surprise, letting out an 'uh oh' and 'gotta go!' as he released Raea's hand to dash forward, a very similar looking girl perhaps just a few years older in appearance chasing after him to chastise him. It was after this that she heard Galand start to talk in his sleep, and she turned her attention back to him, a soft smile still on her face. "Don't think acting cute is going to get you out of trouble." Reaching her hand up, she gently grabbed his hand again, glancing at Kindle out of the corner of her eye for a moment before finally looking around to appreciate the scenery. The more they walked, the more beautiful it seemed to get! Fireflies danced in the air in shades the woman had never seen before, and with every step she felt the tension in her body begin to fade. Despite the guards posted, the entire structure seemed to exude grace and a sensation of peace, and when her eyes fell upon the fountain she nearly started crying.

"Oh.." An homage to their old group, to what they had all stood for. It was simply breathtaking, and she felt her heart flutter at the sight, a bittersweet pain in her chest. "Yes, I.. I'd like to see him now if possible.."

North Lotus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:40 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ With Raea’s words, the Elder happily nods her head. Shaky hands rest upon her cane as she takes a deep breath, as if preparing to meet someone important. Soon enough the group finds themselves heading towards the front entrance. Uniquely, as they move past the fountain it gives off a beautiful sound that seems to match the gentle breezes. No different from a wind chime, echoing through the trees like a mysterious door bell. By the time the group arrives at the large double doors, they begin opening slowly from both sides. There stand two rabbit eared maids who bow dutifully before stepping to either side of the entrance. “We expected your arrival, Lady Astraea. Lady Leona.” They hold out a hand, urging the group to enter. And so they would.

> Theme of Home
                                > [ x ]

The inside is immaculately designs. As if crafted from the remains of a forest ruin, fashioned into the taste of royalty. Yet, despite this it gives no air of arrogance or wasted coin.

Rather, it has a warm welcoming feeling. One that could, under the right conditions, make one feel as if they belong there. Like having homesickness, only to be embraced in your mother’s arms, welcoming you back. The elder stands in the middle of the foyer, staring up at the ceiling with a smile on her face and eye shut tightly. It’s all the can do to hold back the tears as she recalls her past, possibly of people long gone. This place, this mansion, holds such an effect on people. The twins respectfully speak with the maids, asking for them to carefully place Galand into a room where he can rest. After making the arrangements, they start to carry him off, while wandering eyes peek down from above. Up the stairs of the foyer, crouched down behind the bars of the banister, two small children, no more than three or four stare at Astraea and Leona in pure fascination.

They appear to be whispering at one another, attempting to make out the identity of the two newcomers to their home, but quickly find themselves hopping up as their names are called from behind. “Felty! Roco! Have manners dears! We have guests!” The voice of a lady calls out as she steps forward behind the toddlers. She looks down from her perch above, staring at the two women, before smiling in such a way you would believe they were years long lost children returning home to their mother. Without further hesitation, she hurriedly heads for the stairs, holding onto her dress to ensure she doesn’t step on it. The bunny eared maids move to the bottom the stairs in a panic, worried that their lady might fall, but alas she makes it down without a hitch. Dashing past the maids, she holds out her arms and wraps them around Astraea and Leona both, shedding tears as she does so.

“Ohhhh! I’ve wanted to see you for so long! Welcome! Welcome, both of you! You have no idea how much it means to have you here, dears! Oh, come! Please, won’t you join me for tea?” Seemingly over familiar, as if she knows her guests intimately, she urges them to follow her into the family dining room, hoping to ‘catch up’. The maids, rightfully confused, look between each other, but follows behind prepared to serve all the same. On Galand’s end, he’s taken to a guest room right off of the front entrance. The maids struggle to lift him, wondering how they’d be able to place an injured man on the bed. It’s only when Kindle arrives that she lifts the man with ease before resting him down properly. She stares at his slumbering face with a small smile before looking to the maids and bowing, then she leaves as mysteriously as she had arrived. Her bare feet lead her to the dining room where the children take hold of her hands and leads her over to sit with them. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:19 pm
User Image

XXX Truly, Astraea couldn't think of a better way to end up. Living on an island that seemed, for the most part, a world away from troubles especially with everything hidden the way it was. Somewhere calm and beautiful with an interesting community to boot! If only she didn't have other obligations, not only to her old comrades, but to the rest of the world to try to bring about justice and peace. That, and in her opinion Galand had always seemed like the type that liked to move around rather than stay in one place, but she'd never really gotten a chance to ask him if he wanted to settle down somewhere specific one day. He did have that one little cabin back on Minion Island they had frequented a few times, but it just got so cold! The woman's train of thought was interrupted as the servants directed her fiance to another room to recover, and she started to go after him, concerned about leaving him alone. Before she could though, a woman's enthusiastic voice halted her, and she soon found herself wrapped up in her embrace along with Leona. At first she struggled for a second, intent on moving to her partner's side, but strangely enough seeing Kindle follow after him put her at ease. After all, she wouldn't have saved his life if she intended to harm him later... right?

With a slightly anxious smile, Astraea pulled back to look at the woman. "Yes, of course.. Um.. I'm terribly sorry, but.." Guiltily looking away, she sighed and shook her head, ashamed to admit this to someone who seemed so nice. "I have problems with my memory and I don't.. I don't recall meeting you before. Do you know Cartel?" Soothed mostly by the ambiance of the mansion, she followed along with Leona as well who looked equally curious. "Sit, sit! Is there a specific type of tea you'd like? We have all kinds! Might I recommend a blend made from plants I've only seen here on this island?" She seemed to genuine and chipper, that Astraea couldn't help but go along with whatever it was she was deciding on, so she simply nodded, still looking a bit bewildered. Looking to her maids with a bright smile, she waited patiently for them to return with cups and a teapot respectively, which they poured and served around the time Kindle walked back in with the children. "Oh, you, too! Come sit!" She gestured at one of the many open chairs available. Astraea smiled at the children, and even almost thought to speak to Kindle about Galand, but the thought quickly soured. While they hadn't necessarily been hostile to each other since they'd first met, it wasn't as if she'd been nice, and Raea saw no reason to extend a courtesy if she wouldn't.

When everyone was seated to the lady's satisfaction, she clapped her hands together once in delight. "Wonderful! Now then, about Cartel!"

North Lotus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:45 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ Everything seemed just as fine during the transition into the house. The maids, children, and lady all seemed to be in order. Kind, and caring. However, as soon as everyone was comfortably settled into their seats, tea before them, and the aroma of nature sifting peacefully through the air… the lady’s expression goes calm. Deathly so. It would seem as if her entire demeanor has shifted from one personality to the next. Everyone may have been too caught off guard by the general upbeat persona of the town below, so this suddenly tinge of killer intent--this...hostility, immediately puts everyone on edge. Even Kindle, who had been seated between the toddlers, goes into a defensive stance with widened eyes. Her eyes before the children as if to protect them. She stare intently at the lady, never so much as blinking. Everyone else, maids and villagers included, are left in a sort of shock as if they had experienced this behavior before. As if they dare not speak up or turn to the woman.

“You two. You were allies of my darling, yes? Well, you need not bother asking I suppose. I know it to be a fact without you saying so.” She casually holds up a brown knapsack, lifting it upside down to pour its contents all over the table. Shells messily spill all over, clambering about before each guest randomly. Each one suddenly shooting out a visual of some scene. Though unlike the video dial Astraea and Galand received individually, these seem to be photos alone. Each one showing moments in time where the Doves were together. Either during missions, or simply hanging out. Even more private moments where no one should have been around. But one specifically that landed between Astraea and Leona is a shell with Cartel’s back to the image as he sits on a cliffside staring at a beautiful cityscape in the distance. With Roma sitting by his side as she was ever want to do, as they were partners. “Tell me something. I’ve just been dying to know since the moment this bag arrived before our doorstep…”

Her glare focuses on the two Doves specifically. “...Are you here to try and steal my dear from me? Have you come here to take him back into whatever hellhole you lot crawled out from? Because if you are… I won’t allow it.” She stands clasping her hands before herself as she turns to the side, looking at her guests from her peripheral. “He’s happy here. WE are happy here.” Her voice is dead serious, and her glare even moreso. The ring on her finger almost seems to shimmer within the light, as if she’s trying to show it off. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:29 pm
User Image

XXX Just when she was about to relax, just as she was getting comfortable and chastising herself for judging this island too harshly, Astraea felt the mood shift and immediately put up damn near all her barriers again. Though she was just one level short of being openly hostile again, her patience was clearly running thin. Her grip tightened on the cup she was holding, almost content to crush it in her grasp if it weren't for the fact that this was Cartel's home and she didn't want to be rude. But dammit, she was tired! She was hungry! And she just wanted to see the man she had come here to see! Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly, she set her tea down and forced a smile, her tone up an octave as if she were straining to keep her kind demeanor. "I'm glad he's happy here. We're in no way here to take him away, we're just old friends who wanted to pay him a visit. Now can we please talk to h-" The words and flashing of the ring suddenly seemed to sink in, and the mermaid sat in silence for a moment before looking more surprised that irritated. "Are you... his wife?" She shot almost excited glance to the children near Kindle, though she still seemed to try to ignore the woman's presence. "Are those your kids?"

Just when she seemed she was about to break into a smile, she glanced down at the picture of Cartel and Roma, side by side as they looked over a city in the distance. Immediately she winced, feeling bad for her old friend for a number of reasons. Her lack of freedom currently most of all, but here was another man she had loved that would not reciprocate her feelings. While she was overjoyed for Cartel, her heart ached for his partner. This wasn't the first time something similar had happened to her, and Raea still felt pangs of guilt when she recalled Roma's confession about her love for Galand all those years ago. Sighing, she slumped her shoulders slightly, closing her eyes and leaning back in the chair. "How did you get all these pictures? Someone just... sent them to you?" Leona was squinting at the memories scattered around the table before suddenly realizing she had something else she wanted to say. "Oh, and congratulations! It's wonderful to see that Cartel ended up with someone so devoted to him and his well being. I wish the best for you two, and I'd love to see some wedding photos if you have them!" Unlike Astraea, she beamed brightly at the woman.

"Is Cartel here right now? Can we talk to him?"

North Lotus

Tʜᴇ Oᴄᴇᴀɴ

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas