Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oɴᴇ Pɪᴇᴄᴇ﹕Rᴀᴅɪᴀɴᴛ Dᴀᴡɴ

Back to Guilds

Hαve yoυ coмe тo prove yoυ вeloɴɢ oɴ тнeѕe ѕeαѕ... 

Tags: One Piece, Literate, Role Play, Battle, Adventure 

Reply Tʜᴇ Oᴄᴇᴀɴ
Tomb of the White Wings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

sᴛʀ: 000 | sᴘᴅ: 250 | ᴅᴇғ: 000 | ᴘʀᴡ: 345 || ʜᴘ: 990 | ᴛsᴛᴀ: 600 | sᴘɪ: 178

[ As Galand recalls, he had climbed up the Crow’s Nest in order to make amends with, and comfort Astraea. Yet, despite this, why is it he finds himself finding solace in her words instead. It’s like he’s a puppy, drooping up and cuddling against his loved one in order to win back their favor. The only thing pestering him deep at the back of his mind is the name she keeps using for him. Starlight. After what he has become, as far as he has fallen, can he really still be called by the any longer? Though for the time being he manages to keep such negative thoughts locked away for another time. Right now, all that matters is the woman in his arms. And with her kiss, his mind goes blank, and the world around him fades. For a time, the only things left in the world are the lovers. It could have lasted forever and a day, and Galand wouldn’t grow tired of it. He has never grown tired of Astraea, in that sense. So when their lips part, there is a longing in his gaze as he looks down to her, finally focusing from his love-struck daze as the mermaid begins to speak again.

At first, he can only tilt his head, wondering what she means, clearly finding it hard to believe the stoic and immovable Cartel could have changed even after all of this time. For him, he figured the man was simply laying low, waiting for a chance to hop back into the action and save Roma. He was no fool after all. But after pondering for a bit, a thought strikes the swordsman deep in his form, sending fleets of butterflies throughout his stomach. His nerves seemingly go back, and a very light sweat of nervousness slowly builds about the side of his face. “...Ah. I think I understand. You’re saying, maybe he got messed up by what happened as well.” Galand very slowly stands himself up, walking over to the side of the Crow’s Nest, resting his arms atop the siding. Somber eyes stare forth at the waters before them as he tries to imagine the suffering his friends had to endure. Back then, he thought he saved both Cartel and Roma. He foolishly left them behind in order to help Celty. But in the end, he couldn’t save either group. He failed at every turn, and now they suffer for it.

Progressively he frowns before letting out a heavy sigh. “I thought that I was helping them back then. I was way too desperate. There’s no telling what they went through. I just hope that Cartel is more well off than us. I mean, he has a family now, right? Away from civilization, living humbly off in the countryside. He probably just...had enough. Yeah. That’s gotta be it.” he says just loud enough for Astraea to hear him, only an octave higher than a mumble. But the more he thinks, the more flashes of memories from back then surge through his head. His mistakes, and his regrets. It’s only when something in the distance catches his eye does he pay attention once more. Before him is a fleet of ships, all bearing a same-song Jolly Roger. In what seems to be a strange V shaped formation, leaving an opening at the point for a single ship to pass through. Galand’s eyes narrow as he leaps down back onto the deck, walking towards the very front of the ship to get a better look. On the wavering flags in a cross bones with three deformed skulls. “What...is this?” he asks himself, clenching his fists as their vessel creeps ever closer. ]

Traits: Primary Weapon: Sword x Rokushiki x Life Return | Perk: Master | Alliance: Pirate | Fruit: Quake

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:31 pm
User Image

sᴛʀ: 005 | sᴘᴅ: 020 | ᴅᴇғ: 050 | ᴘʀᴡ: 090 || ʜᴘ: 990 | ᴛsᴛᴀ: 600 | sᴘɪ: 090

XXX It certainly had been quite a while since Astraea had fallen under Galand's mesmerizing love-struck gaze. For a moment the woman's words faltered as she stared up at him, feeling her heart skip a beat and her face warm up in response to the longing in his eyes. The emotion seemed to reach even his normally apathetic, corrupted eye as he looked upon her, and she swallowed hard, finding her own mind suddenly blank. "The island.. um.." Damn, what had she been talking about? Right now she didn't care, much more interested in doing something that would keep her partner looking at her like that. Maybe he didn't know the kind of power he held over her, but right now the mermaid was deeply contemplating just how upset Noella would be if she just so happened to engage in a certain strenuous physical activity without medical clearance. But now was definitely not the time! Shaking her head to break herself from the spell, Raea did her best to continue on with what she'd been trying to warn Galand about. It wasn't as if she wanted him to lose hope or to not look forward to the visit, she just couldn't bear the thought of him finding out any more unsavory news in a cruel manner. If she could protect him in any way she could, then she damn sure was going to do it.

Standing up herself, she took her place beside him to look out at the scene that had brought her comfort earlier. "You tried to help them. That's what's important. Nobody could doubt how much you cared about us all." She did her best to offer him a comforting smile, but her expression was tinged with her own sadness and regret. Not just at the fact that she hadn't been able to assist her friends in their darkest time either, but that she felt she was barely qualified to aid Galand through his healing process. "I can see the appeal.. Living a quiet life somewhere with your family.." Closing her eyes the woman smiled again, this time genuinely, taking in the sensation of the breeze through her hair and the salty scent of the sea as she forced herself to relax. She had her own fears about what they might face on the island, but her priority was ensuring her fiance was kept stable. Hearing the man beside her shift and turn to leave, Astraea opened her eyes to throw him a confused look before looking back to their path with a sinking feeling in her stomach.

Quickly following after him, Raea took her spot at the wheel of the ship once more, trying to soothe herself with the thought that being on the open sea meant she still had the advantage. A platoon of pirate ships meant nothing to a raging tidal wave. But the crews on board were eerily silent as the pair sailed smoothly by toward the shore. By now every muscle the Navigator had was tensed, and she felt a growing sense of dread spreading through her, panic threatening to override her senses. Hell, she hardly dared to breathe lest she make more noise than deemed appropriate and spark a conflict she wasn't entirely sure she was prepared for. The small ship washed up gently upon the sands of the island, and Astraea walked briskly to her partner, casting a paranoid look over her shoulder. "If they're supposed to be the guardians of this place then they aren't doing a very good job.." She mumbled the words quietly, hesitantly maneuvering the gangplank of the ship so they could depart. With a nervous smile, she held her hand for Galand to take if he so wished, cautiously walking along the beach. "If this is a peaceful island, I don't know why pirates are here.. But I.. I'm sure Cartel knows." Yes, surely their old friend would be able to explain everything once they found him. There was no point in getting violent, especially when Noella had made it perfectly clear that was to be avoided at all costs.

The beach eventually lead to winding dirt pathways, bordered by stones as if to indicate that this was indeed the road. It didn't take long before they ran into the local inhabitants, and at this Astraea seemed to perk up, raising her hand slightly as if in a wave. "Er.. Good.. Good afternoon! Sorry to bother you, but we were wondering--" She didn't get much further than that before the previously friendly faces turned apprehensive and suspicious. One woman whispered to a younger boy who took off running, a man pushed his friend behind him, his eyes wide and concerned. "..why did they..--" "--..one is a daemon.." "We need to get--" "Shhh. Let's go home now." Concerned, almost frightened whispers seemed to erupt and overlap, making it difficult to pick out more than fragments of dialogue at a time. As if such anxiety were contagious, Astraea found herself biting her lip, almost eager herself to take off. But right. Cartel. She wasn't leaving without seeing him. "We're here to see a man named Cartel? He's an old friend?"

Again her words were met with furtive glances and whispers, until a disturbingly familiar voice spoke up, causing the hairs on the back of the woman's neck to rise. "Fortuitous timing as ever, Leader! These kinds of things only ever seem to happen in stories or around you, you know."

Pale, Astraea turned her attention to the owner of the voice, who stood tall and proud, red hair tied back in a ponytail with a grin on her face. Just as she'd always appeared. With her mouth suddenly dry, Raea was barely able to whisper the name of the person she swore stood in front of her.

"..Leona..?"

North Lotus

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:16 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ That reassurance, reminding Galand that he did what he could during those desperate moments back then was the crutch he needed to remain strong. Even though he knows he needs to move on, the regret clearly hasn’t faded yet. With a sigh, he offers Astraea a small faintly concerned smirk to at least try at showing her he hears her words clearly. For now, the burden will have to remain deep in his heart until he’s able to properly work it out. As their ship slowly drifts between the gap in the pirate fleet’s formation, a particularly unique sensation funnels down the man’s spine. Without turning his head, he looks over to the ship to his left, glaring at one individual in particular. A strange man sitting alongside the railing casually, waving in a happy-go-lucky fashion unlike the others who have opted into mean mugging instead.

Choosing to ignore it for now, Galand’s eyes face back forward, keeping himself at the ready in case retaliation was necessary. It’d be a simple matter for either he or Astraea to completely wipe these ships off the ocean, or rather, that’s how it should be. But Galand can’t help but feel something about all of this is...wrong. Eventually the pressure is temporarily lifted as their ship safely makes it to shore in order to dock. The pair is able to embark onto the new island without much issue, which bodes well at first. However, a sickening feeling drowns the captain’s pores as he and Astraea find civilization of sorts. He knows this feeling all too well. As he looks around at the people, who seem to also be staring back at him, he starts to frown. Doubt and regret flood his mind as he’s left hearing the underhanded comments of the inhabitants. Calling his a demon or something to that effect. They had to be. It always turned out this way for him after all. The damned eye again.

His hand twitches while he grits his teeth, causing some of the people to gasp or back off in fear, regardless of him not meaning them any harm in the least. There Astraea is, trying her best to gather information, and all he can do is hang back, fearful of scaring the residents anymore than he already has. It’s only when a particular voice resounds through his ears does his eyes widen in attention. Head hung low still, he can only tremble, hoping it’s just his mind playing tricks on him. But the way the voice spoke, and how real it sounded… He glances over to Astraea who dares to speak out the name. Meaning she too heard it. Slowly does he turn his head to glance over his shoulder, falling deeper and faster into shock as he looks up from her feet, finally to her face. It’s her. “No… You… There’s no...way.” His voice is shaken and dark, his heart races, and his temper elevates to a ten.

“Another trick…? I killed you… I killed you with my own two hands…! I saw you die, right? Ha..haha… yeah, this is just… you’re just… another fake! You’re… A FAKE!” he roars towards the end, charging a hypocenter around his hand as the black streaks from his curse spread out a bit further around his right side, like vines spreading about a tree. He takes a step forward towards this Leona look-a-like before being stopped by a young boy running between them, pointing a stick towards Galand with both hands. His body trembles while tears rest in the corners of his eyes, clearly terrified out of his mind, but inwilling to let this dangerous stranger progress any further. “D-Don’t think you can come here and hurt us, Monster! I-I’ll stop you myself!” he calls out in fragmented determination. A woman dashes out, covering the boy with her body, tears flowing in horror as she holds a hand out towards Galand in desperation. “Please, no! I beg of you! Spare him! He didn’t mean it! He’s only a boy! We don’t want any trouble, so please! Let him go!” Galand ceases, whether it be stopped by Astraea or the shock of this sight.

He looks between the mother and son, and the Leona fake. Soon more and more villagers start to gather about, keeping a safe distance, but holding various tools and any old thing they could get their hands on, obviously afraid but unwilling to let this proceed any further. Galand relents, stopping his advance, receding the quake back into his hand, and glaring forward with eyes near resembling the same as when Astraea found him again on his ship. “Sorry. I didn’t… I don’t want any trouble either. I won’t hurt anyone, so you can-” Before he’s able to finish, a voice slicing through the crowds, cutting him off rudely. “Ah! And what do we have ‘ere I reckon?! Now I’ve seen lots o’ dangerous sorts in my day, right? But here we have a case of the real dangerous sort. I mean, that ones clearly a Daemon, right?! SEE why we’re offerin’ up our services now? Get it? Now, you can accept our proposal, or you can let these barbarians tear up the place! All you gotta do is say the word, and we can be rid of these monsters A.S.A.P.”

Galand glares at the guy as he steps out of the crowd, waving a sword about carelessly. The moment he is sure both Astraea and Galand can see him, he sneers arrogantly as several more brigands step out from various places around them. Oh boy. ]

Traits: Primary Weapon: Sword x Rokushiki x Life Return | Perk: Master | Alliance: Pirate | Fruit: Quake

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:32 pm
User Image

XXX Despite her best efforts, Astraea couldn't protect her beloved from everything. She knew that the comments he always got when people truly saw him for who he was wore him down, especially now that he was in such a fragile state. Maybe this was all too soon. Galand had never been one to leisure when there was work to be done, but maybe she should have tried to force a period of rest on him before they departed. After all, their own reunion had only been a short while ago, and that had proven to be a happy but exceptionally draining experience. And now here they were, ready to try it all again? To make matters worse, it was as if the very dead walked among them. The woman's thoughts echoed the words of her partner in the disbelief she experienced seeing her old friend. Even Noella had confirmed that Leona was dead, so how could she possible be here before them? So stunned was she that she was too late to prevent Galand's meltdown, only further instilling panic into the villagers who remained glued to the scene. "I.." She choked the word out, her mind little more than static, her body heavy as if she were paralyzed, heart racing so fast she swore it would burst any moment.

"He.. He's not a monster! It's okay, it's okay!" Finally she willed herself to move, stepping in front of her lover and pushing herself close to him. "Galand, Galand.. Look at me. Just focus on me." Raising her hands to the sides of his face, she curved her fingers slightly, tilting her hands to obscure the man's vision to the point that he'd have no choice but to look ahead only at her. For the moment she pushed her own emotions to the side, though she was just as lost as he was. He needed an anchor more than she did right now, and it was her job to provide a safe haven. "I know.. I know how you feel, it's okay. Take a deep breath. Breathe with me." Raea drew in a deep breath of her own, letting it out slowly as she encouraged her partner to mirror her. "You're safe right now. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you, so don't be afraid. I'm right here. You're not a monster or a daemon, okay? They don't know who you are, but I do. You do. Show them the real you, and they'll love you like I do." Gently, she brushed her thumbs along his cheek, intrigued but saddened by the sight of the marks on his skin growing ever more present.

"I.. I don't know what's happening either, but please, you have to stay calm, okay? And I'm going to be with you every step of the way." Smiling weakly, she tilted her head forward to press her forehead against his, slowly lowering her hands from his face to grasp his hands tightly. It was around this point that the woman who had sparked this darkness spoke up again, stepping forward slightly from the crowd. "Hey, now.. You don't have to resort with consorting with these types. I know the world can be a terrifying place, and you want to live in peace, but you won't find it by paying off pirates! We all.. Just got off to the wrong start, you know? These two are my friends, just like Cartel! We've all been through a lot, and just like you, we don't want any trouble, so please.. Give us a chance to prove our intentions." Though it was still strange to hear Leona's voice, Astraea found herself nodding, turning around but retaining an almost protective stance in front of Galand. "She.. She's right.. I know it sounds crazy, but we thought.. We thought she was dead. Seeing a ghost would spook anyone.. right..?" She gave the crowd a nervous, weak smile, tightening the grip she retained on Galand's hand.

"My name is Astraea, and this is my fiance, Galand. I know he can look scary, but I promise you he won't harm a single one of you. All we want is to travel peacefully through your island to visit our friend, Cartel. Please forgive us for causing such an upset." She bowed to them, her heart sinking when she realized their gazes still held suspicion and fear. "I'm sure.. You all could always use more help, right? Let them assist you like I've been doing, and prove to you that you can trust our intentions." The redhead smiled faintly as the villagers turned to each other to mumble their comments and discuss the proposed plan. Was it a good idea to let these strangers remain on their island, when they seemed so capable of destruction? Or was it folly to entrust their well being to a group of rough handed sell swords? Finally, someone spoke up. "No.. We do not want blood spilled upon these sands.. Let us see their hearts for what they really are, and only then shall we pass judgement."

Slowly, Leona drew closer, and Astraea tensed, the expression on her face stern enough that the woman paused and even back off a couple of steps. "I know.. It's only right for you not to trust me. I know I owe you an explanation, and I swear I'll give it to you. But right now let's focus on making sure you both don't get kicked out of here before we all get to see Cartel."

North Lotus

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:24 am
User ImageUser Image

[ It was like a void in his head. Nothing but darkness, and the voices. Those accursed voices, clouding his mind from any other thought but anger and violence. That delectable addiction, that desire for combat. “They’ll harm Us. We must defend. Fight back. No more pain! With this many targets… Mother! They’ll take from Us! No more! Shouldn’t be alive! Tricks! Destroy the pain…” So many gruesome voices, echoing over and over, like a chorus of negativity. Had it gone on for any longer, Galand would have blindly assaulted those around him, just like he did back then. Just like when he was a Pirate. But this time, a sudden warmth upon his cheeks causes the lumbering body to freeze in place. With the touch came a voice. A voice he recognises fondly. One that slowly breaches into that dark space, bringing a sense of clarity and awareness to the man. “...A...Astraea? What… huh?” he says, staring her in the eyes, breathing a bit heavier than he should be.

He’s completely confused, but does as he’s told and keeps focusing on her, and the more he does the more calm he feels. “S-Sorry. I must have lost control again… But I think I’m…” he says, trying to confirm his present state of mind. He takes one final breath of exhaustion as Astraea presses her head against his. And just like that, he’s grounded and back on earth once more. If only the moment could have lasted longer, but it’s stolen from him when this ‘Leona’ starts to speak up again. As much as Galand desires to deny her existence, he can’t help but find longing in the way she speaks, and her mannerisms. It’s just too darn accurate. It’s like she’s actually standing right here before them again, bailing them out of a tight spot just as always. When Astraea stands before him, assisting the Leona look-a-like in calming the fires of the situation, Galand remains silently in place, trying not to cause any more trouble. Better for them to handle this than risk ruining this opportunity.

The male Pirate from earlier sucks his teeth as as the villagers even remotely considering giving these guests a chance. But as he backs away into the crowd, he looks to Galand with a conniving smirk, as if up to something. Soon enough, he’s gone to gods know where. Despite not being too bothered by the man’s presence itself, a lingering sense of dread sits at the back of his chest, like something really bad is going to happen. He decides to let it go for the time being and turns his focus on this Leona. For now at the very least she doesn’t seem to be hostile, and more or less resembles their Leona to the T. As she tries to explain herself a bit, and act for the pair’s cooperation, Galand can only stare at her, not wanting to but… what if. What if this actually is her, brought back from the dead somehow. If that chance even remotely exists…! Deciding it’s more than worth the risk, he sighs and places a hand on Astraea’s shoulder, walking to stand beside her a bit.

“Okay. We’ll… work together for now. But after this, you had better explain yourself.” After their little talk, the villagers finally finish their brief huddle and sends forth the village head. The elderly woman walks forward with her hands behind her back as one of her age would, with two youthful guards by her sides. Twins from the look of it, both armed with a bow and sword respectfully. “Ahem. Well then, travelers. As you may know, the people of this island are peaceful. We moved as far as possible to keep away from the outside world’s chaos and strife. Thus, your presence, and the possibility of danger is rather alarming for us.” He pauses, giving the trio a wary stare, clearly concerned about both her people’s safety, and possibly offending her guests. Galand turns himself towards her and bows with both hands to his side respectfully. “Forgive me, Elder. I do not mean to offend. If there is anything we can do to earn your trust, we’ll do it.” He says, as properly as he can.

His initial movement causes the twins to flinch, prepared to hoist their weapons and defend the elder, but the older woman merely holds up a hand, keeping the duo in check. With a soft smile, she nods to Galand and turns her focus towards the forest some distance away from the group. "Through that forested entrance, if you continue along the trail properly, you will encounter a cavern deep within. If you enter that cavern you will find a blue gem. Bring it back here, and you will have earned our trust. I know it sounds like a simple enough task, but you should take care all the same.” She turns her head back to the trio, wondering if they’ll accept the task or not. Galand stands back up straight and turns to both Astraea and Leona, wondering if they’ll come along or not. Of course, his face alone shows that he’s going no matter what. And unbeknownst to the crowd, the Pirate stands behind a building with his arms crossed, two others at his side, all grinning deviously. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:57 pm
User Image

XXX It was so easy for Astraea to tell when the switch occurred, when her fiance's demeanor swapped from the instinctual violence of his blood to the far gentler man she had fallen in love with. Hearing him speak her name she smiled and nodded, squeezing his hands tighter as he slowly calmed the tempest within his heart. "You're okay. I'm right here." Would that she could just whisk him away somewhere else, somewhere he'd never have to worry about pain or hardship again. But the woman knew he'd never allow it. He was too devoted to the idea of creating a better world to languish his days away enraptured in some paradise. For now, she'd just have to do as she'd always done; shield him when she could and soothe him when she could not. When he moved to stand beside her again, she cast him a worried glance and fought back the urge to step protectively in front of him again, as if her body could somehow buffer anything this Leona sent their way. Or.. Maybe it really was their old friend? Galand had thought that she was dead for years as well, so was it possible? Desperately she wanted it to be, as much for Galand's sake as Leona's. And yet, she felt so reluctant to place her trust in the woman before them, as genuine as she seemed. 'If Noella knew about this then we are going to have a LONG talk when we get back..'

Balling up her fists, Astraea nodded slightly and forced the tension from her shoulders when Galand reluctantly agreed to allow the apparition along with them. But as the redhead moved to stand beside them, the mermaid couldn't help but purposefully place herself in between her partner and Leona, casting an almost guilty look to the ground after. If this really was Leona, then she was needlessly throwing hostility toward a woman who had always been like her older sister. But if there was any possibility that somehow this was not real, and she had the potential to threaten Galand, then Raea would never forgive herself for being lenient. Movement of people from the island brought her attention to them, and she stood tensely as the elderly woman and Galand spoke. Still on edge, she found herself glaring at the twin bodyguards as they moved to draw their weapons, a second away from snarling at the both of them when they glared at her right back. Real great peaceful example she was setting. Thankfully the older woman seemed calmer than all of them, and patiently explained what they task was to be. A gem? It seemed strange that treasure hunting for a group of villagers who didn't seem as though they much cared for wealth and riches would be a way to prove their intentions, but what the hell did she know?

As Galand turned toward her and the woman in question, Raea could only nod to show that she would follow him and complete the task as they had been assigned. "You.." She looked over to Leona, a stern expression on her face. "You stay where I can see you." That familiar face smiled gently back at her and nodded, and Astraea once more felt guilt seep into her heart. They hadn't even made it to Cartel yet, and already this island was exhausting her... Sighing almost silently, she walked beside her partner and Leona, unable to enjoy the scenery of the island when her attention was so focused on potential threats. It wasn't long before they arrived at the cavern in question, a surprisingly beautiful area where the reflections of the sun on the stones made it seem as if the very water around them was glowing. "Oh.." She didn't mean to, but for just a few moments she dropped her guard, taking in the delightfully earthy scent, the tangles of vines and wildflowers, and the quiet croaking of what sounded like a frog somewhere not far off.

Then, blop, blop, blop! the sound of something - or rather three somethings - falling from the ceiling to the ground before them brought her back to reality. What looked to be like three gelatinous blobs before the trio expanded and grew, taking shape and form until they resembled... well, them! Standing across from them, as if looking into a mirror, appeared to be clones of the three who had entered the cave. "Uh.." The confused Navigator looked between Galand and Leona, as if they possibly had an explanation to offer. And then, the beings spoke. "How they treat themselves.." "Yes, yes.." "Does it not reflect.. how they might treat..?" "Yes, yes." Falling into silence, the beings only stared forward at the newcomers as if waiting for them to move first.

North Lotus

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:48 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ Judging by the nods provided by both women, Galand turns back to the village elder after resting his hands on his hips. With a confident grin, he replies to her question. “Well, there you have it. Looks like we’ll all take you up on your challenge.” Having received the answer she desired, the woman gave them simple instructions on how to reach the island, before sending the trio off. Yet as they walks away, the elder makes an eerie face, more so nervous than anything. Wondering if her guests would be capable of even finishing the trial, and even if they did… Shaking off her worries, she turns and heads back to the bulk of the grouped villagers to speak with them. With Walking side by side, Galand himself constantly sneaking glances over towards Leona every so often. There wasn’t much to do in along the trail and through the woods. Frankly, it was rather quiet, and awkward. But every so often he’d sneak a look, trying to make sense of the woman’s strange presence. Wanting to figure out if any of this is for real, or not.

Eventually he gives up a few minutes before they arrive at the cavern. Its entrance is massive, and covered in strange growth. It almost look unreal, like the entryway into a whole different world even. This alone amazes Galand, but stepping inside, at least for him, is magical. Like a child he moves about slowly, looking at all of the strange structures and allure coming from the dungeon’s interior. Who could have imagined it could be this lovely? Everything is just...glowing! “It’s...breathtaking. I don’t know what to say…” he manages to get out amidst his staring. It’s only when an abnormally loud plop sound goes off behind him does he swiftly turn around with a hand resting on one of his katana. Battle ready, and fully prepared to follow up with his allies, he notices strange gelatinous beings jiggling about before him. A tinge of confusion overtakes him for a moment, but he tenses back up when the strange substance begins to writhe and change shape, somehow managing to look just like the trio.

“Wha- Huh?! What the heck?!” he calls out, slowly releasing the hold he has over his katana. He inches closer, and closer, and slowly goes into a steady creep into he’s close enough to his own gelatinous form. “It’s...me? And you! And you too!” he says, looking over to Astraea and Leona. After turning back, Galand lightly pokes the cheek of his clone, watching as it seemingly waves like a drop of water into a puddle. It doesn’t so much as react aside from retaking its form from the disturbance. He looks it over carefully for a bit, noticing it even took the time to replicate his cursed side, which causes a bit of his excitement to waver, so he walks over then to Astraea’s close, eyeing it up and down. “Hrm. Well, I guess it’s alright. Yeah, not bad for a fake. But just so you know, my Raea is much cuter than you. Though you’re not bad either. Mmm… this is quite the problem.” he says, trying to come off sage-like, crossing his arms and nodding in place. It’s only when there is a scream in the distance, deeper into the cave, does

Galand snaps back from his imagination. He swiftly turns in the direction, frowning in concern. It sounded like a man, crying out in agony. And he knows it’s agony. He’s heard that kind of scream many a times in his day. Which means someone may need their help. Yet… Before darting off haphazardly, the man instead turns back to the clones, calmly looking his own in the eyes. “You gonna get in our way?” He awaits an answer, wishing to know if they’d try to stop him from going. He doesn’t know why they are here, but here they are. Now the question is, why. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:51 pm
User Image

XXX Quite similar to their leader, the two women beside Galand promptly placed their hands on their respective weapons, tensed and confused as they watched the scene before them. "Galand, wait!" Of course he'd be the first of them to move, and even though she was resolved to ensure he got through this without a scratch she found herself having to catch up to his side as he tip toed his way over to the strange beings that resembled them. Seeing the one resembling Galand waver with the ripple effect, the Leona-look alike giggled quietly, then looked as if she were trying to stifle her laughter. At this the one appearing as Astraea puffed her cheeks out, giving the other being a scolding look. "Shhh! This is serious!" Clearly, it is trying to whisper, but it's impossible with the trio standing right in front of them. "B-But it looks like it tickles... Besides, he's silly!" After protested, "Leona" did her best to go back to her more stoic form, the fake Galand's mouth twitching slightly up as if to smile at the banter.

Still bewildered, Astraea looked over her own form while Leona grinned evilly at her clone, wiggling her fingers as if implying she was going to tickle the creature. At the very least... it seemed like whatever this was meant them no harm. In fact, Raea couldn't help but laugh as Galand almost solemnly admired her clone, a soft pink painting her cheeks. "I think two of me would be more than you could handle, Starlight." Grinning at him she reached up to rustle his hair in front of his eyes playfully while Leona laughed at the display. "It's nice to see the two of you like this still.. I don't think we have anything to worry about. If how you treat others is a refection of how you feel about yourself, then the opposite might be true, too, right? I think this was a test of that." As the scream echoed through the cavern, it seemed to impact every inhabitant in the room. Leona frowned, Astraea moved as if to stand in front of Galand again, and even the strange clones seemed to draw closer together. To the man's question, the other "Galand" simply shook his head, placing both of its hands on the other two beside him.

"We are satisfied." And with that the clones dispersed, collecting together before reforming into the shape of a small fox that seemed more than willing to trot out of the cavern. And with that, the trio was free to progress toward the ominous cries of agony that came to an eerie, abrupt end. Pulling her spear from her back, Leona gave the pair a solemn nod and charged forward, and Raea was more than happy to follow after her. In this way, she could keep an eye on the woman and be sufficiently far enough in front of her fiance to protect him in case he decided to get reckless. She didn't know exactly what she'd been expecting, but the scene they came upon wasn't it. Between two sharp pairs of pincers remained what was left of the screaming man's body. Some horrid monstrosity of an ant was digging through the soil beneath it, occasionally shifting as if it were trying to find something specific.

"Gods.." Wasting no more time, she once more rushed forward, expertly spinning her spear in her hand to build momentum before thrusting in a wide arc at the creature's front leg. In response it let out an inexplicable shriek, dropping the half consumed remains of what was maybe a pirate's body at some point. Astraea stepped forward to assist, pulling her Climatact free and promptly discovering just what it was the ant-like creature had been searching for. About the same time her bolt of lightning struck down at the beast, the ground beneath her gave way into a giant, sinking hole.

North Lotus

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:36 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ The quick banter between the creatures essentially forces Galand to crack a smile. Though he couldn’t tell what they were, they didn’t seem hostile, and they seem to be having a good time! For him, it’s quite the conundrum! Are they enemies or no?! Heck, even Astraea seems to be at least somewhat relaxed, given that she’s going along with his little show. To which he turns to her, rubbing the back of his head in a ‘whoops’ chuckle. As it turns out though, the beings did not in fact come to bring the group harm. Having done what they came to do, they seemingly combine into a single being--a little fox, and rush out towards the entryway! Galand nods to them with a confident smirk before turning back in the direction of the scream, face instantly back into serious mode. With Leona taking the lead, and Astraea behind her, they rush off towards the source of what would soon become a perilous plight. It takes just a bit to reach the next large expansive room.

A massive space filled to the brim with sand. Various patches swirl about, funneling to their center like a whirlpool or sinking pit. Large jagged pillars line about in various spaces to-and-fro. What appear to be velvet and cerulean gems veins stick out from the walls and ceilings in vehicle sized patches. Various holes up top let in sunlight, illuminating what would normally be a horrifyingly dark room with natural traps. The sound of creaking and mandibles echo from every which way. Enormous holes fill the walls randomly, some filled with white sacks or rocks-- too far to tell from the entrance. Unfortunately, there would be no time to take a better look around. Before them is a massive ant-like creature, possibly a true native of this island, hoisting about the remains of a body satisfyingly. It’s only by Leona’s swift action is the remains preserved before being gutted by by the creatures terrifying maw. As the body hits the sands, Galand slowly walks forward, kneeling before the man’s torso.

He gently pats his head with a solemn look, letting out a sigh. “Sorry. We weren’t fast enough. Even though you called out for aid, I should have come sooner…” After, he closes the man’s eyes and stands back up, preparing to engage as well, but with Astraea’s attack, as if triggered by something beneath the warm grains, the floor gives in and everyone is consumed by an enormous sink pit. Truth be told, Galand has no means to be sure, but he finally comes to, completely confused on how long he was out. He places a hand on his head before shaking it lightly a bit, still feeling a ringing. “Must have dropped the wrong way…” he says, a bit taken back. He shifts onto his bottom, trying to get a grip on his surroundings, still a bit hazy. It’s then he notices Leona sitting on the bodies of two of the creatures from earlier, stacked atop one another. She holds up a finger, as if to warn the man to keep silent. All around he can hear the rustling and tapping of something. Must be more of those things.

After a very light huff, an attempt at regaining his composure, he reaches for his katanas. Slowly, ever so gently, placing his fingers around the hilts. “Where is Raea? I can’t… see her.” His eyes dart about, growing more and more desperate by the second. If she’s not here, then he… he can’t be without her yet! Not right now especially! She’s…! Where?! Where?! WHERE?! The more he looks around, the more panicked he gets, the more nervous he becomes. With the sounds around them growing in number, in this abysmal dark with only small thin pillars of light filtering from above, Galand is getting very desperate. Can’t see. Can’t hear. Can’t move. But, he has to find her! She’s his everything! The only one that can keep him sane! His lifeblood! His heart beats faster now, until a sudden thought snaps into his head. Her. She did this. While he was knocked out, she must have… His eyes now lock onto Leona. “...You! Where...is she?! WHERE IS SHE?!” he roars out, easily garnering the attention of all the creatures surrounding them. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:48 pm
User Image

XXX Whereas her two teammates were not so fortunate, Leona had been in a good position when the floor had caved in. Expertly, the woman dug her spearhead into the ant's side, using the pole to vault herself up and over the top of the creature so that she was standing on its back as they fell. Clearly that was the wise choice, considering the creature she was in the process of killing landed and crushed one of its brethren beneath them as they fell. In the darkness of this underground tunnel, the woman squinted and did her best to make out the silhouettes of Galand and Astraea, her eyes slowly accommodating to the dim surroundings. When she found Galand and he noticed her, she brought a finger to her lips as a universal sign to explain that he should be as quiet as possible. Even more so than before, she could hear the clicking and skittering of the giant ants around them, and she wasn't planning on being their next dinner. Not a moment later after asking for his cooperation, the man spoke, quietly at first but it felt as though he were shouting the way the noise echoed about the cavern. Wait, where was Astraea?

Well, the good news was she wasn't dead! The bad news was that she was caught between a rock and a hard place. Literally. Wherever exactly she had ended up, it was dark and ominously roomy. Behind her, a stalagmite that had gotten swept up in the collapse lay in such a way that it was blocking her path. That was, of course, unless she wanted to risk digging around the sand that surrounded it, but considering her luck for now it seemed best to just hold still. Patting her side she had to stifle a frustrated sigh when she realized her Climatact was not at her hip. She'd been holding it when she'd fallen, and she must have lost it at some point when the sands had swept her away. In terms of survival though, she at least was fortunate there. She could have been crushed by one of those creatures, or buried alive, or hell, she could be under the stalagmite, but the only thing that hurt at the moment was her ankle. She'd had wounds way worse than that. Now, as long as Galand was okay... "Oh no.." Galand. Galand wasn't here with her. The woman felt her stomach drop, the icy claw of panic immediately clutching at her heart. Gods dammit, she was supposed to be protecting him! Just as the woman seemed resolved to swim her way through the sands, she heard the muffled sounds of his shouts echo out.

Of course, it was much louder to Leona. The woman's eyes opened wider, and she immediately shook her head. "Galand, I didn't do anything to her, she just fell down here like both of us did!" There really wasn't a point in remaining quiet anymore, considering all the attention was on them anyway. She remembered the man having issues with self control in the past, but had he always been this quick tempered? Well, considering what they had gone through, she supposed it made sense. "We'll find her, but you have to be calm. If you lose control down here, you're going to bring the tunnels down on top of us, and if you do that Astraea might get hurt. Okay?" She did her best to straddle a voice between stern and calm, pulling her spear from the creature beneath her, looking forward at the new coming shapes emerging from the darkness. Promptly the woman took a running start along her slain foe's back, arching gracefully and purposefully to pierce the next ant through its head with eerie accuracy.

Though she could not hear the sounds of their combat, Raea recognized the panic and fury in her fiance's voice with painful ease. "Galand, it's okay! I'm fine, I'm over here! I'll be right there, so don't worry, it's okay!" Hopefully he'd be able to hear her just as well and she'd been able to hear him. Although... her teammates weren't the only ones listening around her. An ominous clicking behind her made the hairs on the woman's neck rise, and she shuddered as she spun around, barely able to make out the shape of an even larger creature. And she swore this one had wings. Swallowing hard, Astraea took a deep breath and let the claws she usually kept retracted out to their full, deadly curvature. No matter what, she had to make it back to Galand as fast as possible, and if this creature was going to get in her way then she was going to shred it to ribbons.

North Lotus

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:30 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ He would almost be blind to Leona’s words as the cursed side of his body writhes and aches, filling to the brim with rage and desperation. The red rings of his eye locking onto the woman with deadly accuracy, preparing to force the man to once more take up arms against her and that spear she hoists about. But what she says clicks with him, if even a little. Right, they fell, of course. That much he knew. But...why couldn’t he make that connection? It’s only when she follows up about his rampage causing further collapse, possibly hurting the lost Astraea, does he completely lower his guard. His mind slowly clears in suit, as if the voices too understand the dependency and unyielding love they share for the mermaid--wherever she may be. “...Agreed. Acceptable terms. No quakes. Collapse. Inefficient. Okay. Must find. Calm. Another way. Find her. Good.” Soon the voices completely subside, and Galand grips his head, wincing from the pain.

He looks up at Leona engaging more approaching ants and tries to move over, but nearly trips from the dizziness. With heavy breathing, he grips one of his katana, unsheathing it a bit more clumsily than normal. “Hold on. I’m coming… Leo. I don’t know what’s going on but… give me a…” Before he’s able to finish, a voice resounds, in the distance causing him to flinch in place. Immediately a shine of confidence overtakes his face as he lets out a huff. The most incredible sense of relief slams atop of the man, reinvigorating his body like some kind of drug. A brief chuckle leaves his lips as he reaches for his second blade, truly happy now. He dashes forward, eyes wide and focused, clashing his blades with the pincers of an insect lunging at Leona from her backside. “I’m…sorry! About- ngh! About yelling at you earlier! I’m just… I’m not… WELL!” he finishes, slashing his arms outward, snapping out the creature’s pincers. Using this opening, he swings his arms back in, cleaving through it’s head perfectly in an X.

The bug’s body goes limp and crashes onto the gravel below. He looks over his shoulder to the woman, hoping to hear those words she was always want to say, regardless of the situation. That focused calm response only Leona ever said to calm down her ‘younger siblings’. “Listen. I’m gonna do something reckless. Use the chance to run towards Astraea, and both of you get out of here. ...I know you hear how many of these things are down here. So, I’m thinking… if I shakes things up just a bit, a can put down a majority of them.” As he says this, there is a calm to his voice, like he’s made his decision on the matter. And without waiting on Leona’s answer, he crouches down and lunges forward. Mid bound, he holds his blades above his head, and the moment he touches down, he sets off a faint vibration by slamming them together. It buzzes the ground and sends ripples through the air, hoarding the attention of the colony.

After standing himself back up right, he sighs while looking towards the ceiling, back to the rays of lights poking through unfairly. “No way in hell I can die here, but I also can’t risk those two being injured either. This is gonna suck, and Astraea is going to kill me later, but… I’m okay with that. Yeah.” He says, snap turning around, colliding his blade into one of the faster ants. And then turning to strike down another. One by one he tears into them, leaping and dodging. Sending off faint shockwaves to stave them from swarming. Until finally, covered in sweat and lacerations, he comes to a sliding halt. “That should have given Leona enough time! Let’s hope I still remember how to do this!” he says in his haste, quickly sheathing his blades. He holds down on hand, shaping it into a binding claw. The other gripping onto its wrist. A tremendous hypocenter appears around him, easily covering a ten to fifteen foot radius.

It shrinks with terrifying speeds, focusing around his clawed hand with a crackling, tearing into the ground around Galand. With but only a few brief moments left before he’s completely overtaken by the colony, he lifts the fist in a struggle, as if its packing nigh unbearable weight. In a single moment, her clenches the fist, grinning powerfully with eyes focused on the rays of light above. “RESOUND, O BEAST OF VICTORY! OUTRAGE AMAZON!” With his call, the hypocenter detonates outward, slamming brutally into the creatures and environment around him. For a moment, even the ceiling of rock and sand above is pushed upwards like an expanding bubble before bursting us and spilling down into the ant bed. For a time, the air itself crumbles and cracks around Galand before his arm drops down limp in his exhaustion.

He can only watch as everything falls towards him, but he won’t die here. He can’t. Not like the ants being crushed and trapped before their own home. No, he has to survive. Move forward. For his own sake, and hers. Theirs. All of the Doves. As the sand piles around him, weight down onto his body, his remaining good hand begins to tense. “Just wait for me, Raea. I’ll definitely catch up. Because we-” His words would not finish, however, for the sand and stone has covered him whole. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:09 pm
User Image

XXX For now it seemed Leona's sensible words were able to quell Galand's ire, but it was vividly clear to the woman that only the echoes of Astraea's voice truly seemed to bring the man from his stupor. And at a very convenient time! She'd been so preoccupied with her current adversary that she hadn't yet noticed the skittering creature lunging at her from behind. The way the noise echoed in the tunnels made it exceptionally difficult to tell whether or not the ants were near and far. But luckily, Galand was there to watch her back. Shifting her spear, she swiped viciously across the monster's neck, taking a moment to catch up on her breathing. "Thanks for that!" Glancing around, she did her best to try to gauge just how many more enemies they'd have to cut down... "No harm done. It's expected that you two would worry about each other. But she's tough, alright? She's your Shield after all." The words implied that the pair had been through more than a few harrowing situations and were still around to tell the tales, and considering how frequently Galand threw himself into battle, Astraea was quite accustomed to a thrashing or two.

And speaking of patterns in battle, here came a reckless plan. With a slight frown, Leona twisted her body slightly to look at the man behind her. "..you better not die, Galand, or Astraea's really going to kill you." Knowing that there was no changing his mind, Leona simply prepared herself to move. "Good luck. We'll see you on the other side." And with that she was off, running to find the mermaid in question. No longer did she engage with the ants, who were now being drawn to Galand either because of the noise or the sensation of his abilities. She was well aware that while his plan certainly would work to kill a majority of those who were called to him, he had no real way of getting out himself. But the woman was sure he knew that quite well, and didn't care so long as his teammates were out of harms way. "..idiot.." It wasn't long before her travels through the tunnel brought her to another portion that appeared to be caved in, and from the frustrated grunts she heard, Leona was sure Astraea was behind her blocked path. As luck would have it, it seemed the mermaid's weapon had gotten trapped just outside of where the stone had crashed down, and Leona picked it up so that she could pass it off later. Taking a deep breath, the woman gripped her spear tightly and shot forward at a frightening speed, the spearhead slamming with all of her force into the stalagmite, causing it to shatter and allowing her to pierce through to the other side.

"Astraea!" Leona tossed the Climatact to the other woman, who caught it without so much as looking back at the woman, as if this was something they'd practiced so many times before that it was simply muscle memory now. Despite her clear exhaustion, Raea didn't hesitate. While Leona went to work stabbing and slashing at the oversized ant, the mermaid called down her fury in the typical form of lightning. Between the two of them, the fight was less of a battle and more of a one sided slaughter. Now that she was free to do so, Astraea wiped away the unpleasant goo that coated her claws on the tunnel walls, any concern for her varying wounds vanishing when she realized her fiance was missing. "Where's Galand?" She didn't even give the other woman a chance to answer before sprinting back toward where Leona had come from, panic building in her chest. "Galand?!" What the hell was he doing, going off on his own?! She didn't get far before the cry of the man's attack stopped her in her tracts and made her blood run cold. Surely, he wasn't really going to do that, right? Surely he understood what would happen if he set a hypocenter off down here? "Galand, do-"

Too late the words left her mouth, her desperate plea drowned out by the cacophony of shifting sands and dying ants. "Ga.." The words seems to dry up in her throat. "GALAND?!" Surely, he was fine, right? He'd had stupid plans in the past, but he always came out fine and this time was no different, right? The silence that was her answer only further amplified her panic. Raea continued forward, tears gathering in her eyes as she searched the now well lit area for her fiance. "Where are you?!" If he could say anything, make any noise then she'd be able to find him! She'd know he was alive! "Please.. Please say something!" Again only silence greeted her. "No, no, no..." The more the seconds ticked by, the more her mind seemed to grow blank with fear and despair. As much as he seemed to rely on her, she needed him by her side just the same. He was the only one who could pull her from the never-ending self doubting, the what-ifs, the fears that haunted her. He was the star that lit up her world when she was lost in the darkness and guided her back home. Without him.. There was nothing.

Scrambling up the debris to get a better vantage point, Astraea took her Climatact into her trembling hands, taking just a moment to wipe the tears from her eyes so she could see what she was doing. A torrent of wind shot forth from her weapon, dispersing the sand and rocks in the new area that had caved in, attempting to shift the debris so that she could find Galand. But the longer this went on, the more her hope faded, fresh tears dripping down her cheeks. "PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE! I NEED YOU!"

North Lotus

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:19 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ It’s quiet. So very very quiet. Galand, submerged under the weight of the ruble and sand, piled atop antlions both dead and alive, he remains motionless. His left hand is battered and crushed, used as a last resort to soften the blow. A sacrifice that very well saved his life, but now the arm is useless. For him, for Galand, what he did was noble. Foolish, but worth it all the same. He saved Astraea and Leona from the colony of creatures, though plenty of them remain alive. Scurrying about, climbing back into their holes and crevices, fearful of the collapse, and another that may yet come. Though others, with more acute senses, flee for another reason. Astraea calls out for her husband-to-be, hoping to reach him with her voice, using everything in her power to find him. But to no avail thus far. Minutes pass, and then more, until the sound of footsteps can be heard coming from the path from which the trio had arrived.

Several pirates reveal themselves from the shadows of the darkened path, glaring down both women as they attempt to uncover their lost ally. At first, they shows signs of greed, having caught two desperate women fiddling around in the sands alone. Had they been alone, things would likely be different, but they quickly part to either side, revealing a strange woman with horns, long beautiful white hair, and eyes as grim as it gets. In fact, her eyes specifically resemble Galand’s cursed side, but...she has two? In her silence, she casts down apathetic glares to Leona and Astraea, but more specifically on the blonde and the ring on her finger. To which she seems to faintly suck her teeth, quickly turning away in annoyance. Her eyes then instead focuses on the sands below, caved down into the massive chambers of the cavern’s underbelly. Without a moment’s notice, she leaps down, throwing her followers off guard.

They reach out to her fruitlessly, but retract it after coming to their senses. The woman lands in a crouch, forcing the sand around her to burst away from her impact. As if she weighs far more than her stature would lead one to believe. “Lazy?” she questions in a soft, corroded voice. As if two people were speaking at once. After receiving no reply, she lifts her arm, and slams it onto the mound of sand beneath her feet. The blow creates a clear funnel through the grains, revealing Galand’s body atop of other less humanoid ones. For a few moments she stares down at him before leaping down to land next to the motionless body. If one were to look closely, it would appear as if the woman is sniffing the air around him, before kneeling to lift Galand up with both arms. And in a single bound, she clears the enormous gap, and is back up top of the sands. Gentle she lays the man’s body down, wiping some hair from his face, more specifically from over his cursed side.

One hand is placed along his cheek as she lightly smiles. “Spoke true. Dist, did not lie. Come, my betrothed.” After, she looks to her men and stands tall. “Prepare.” With that single word, the men rush over, attempting to pick up Galand, and with the utmost care, as they feel the looming rage of the woman next to them. The woman now turns to Astraea and Leona, plainly staring at them both as if they were nothing more than decoration on a wall somewhere. “Good.” she speaks, turning to walk away. One of her men, a strange man wearing glasses with a ragged shirt and shorts with sandals, turns to address them this time. “A-Ah! The Mistress is saying, You did good taking care of her betrothed up until now, but she’ll handle it from here. Good day.” He bows, and turns away to leave with the others. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:38 pm
User Image

XXX Silence. It's far worse than any other noise Astraea can think of, and longer it stretches on the more her hope fades. "Why.. Why didn't you just wait for me.. I said I.. I was coming.." But Galand had not, and though she was sure he meant to protect them in her mind she had failed him. "At least then we could've... been together.." The details of her own death mattered little to her. If she had just been fast enough or strong enough, then she could have been there to stop him, or at the very least would have been more than content to be buried right along side of him. Because without him, there was little point in continuing anyway. Of course she wanted to be there for Evelyn, but even now she felt drained of light, as if someone had hollowed out her very soul. Tirelessly she continued shifting the sands, lamenting her inadequacy. Was this the best she could do, after everything? She should have never agreed to this trip, to this trial! And she certainly shouldn't have been so stupid as to have caused the initial cave in that had set in motion the plan that had gotten her fiance... killed. Right. If he was dead, his death was on her hands. Her fault.

The thought only seemed to further numb the woman from the world, so lost that she did not notice her own heavy, rapid breathing, Leona's warning that someone was approaching, or the footsteps that echoed through the cave. It wasn't until she felt the ground tremble slightly as the newcomer touched down that Astraea looked over, hopeful for a moment. But no, this was not Galand, and so she did not care. She went back to searching, content to push away the alarms she felt go off at this new woman's presence. What did it matter, anyway? It didn't, until another harsh blow delivered by the strange revealed the man she had been looking for this whole time. A relieved, strangled cry left her lips and she moved to rush to his side, hindered by the way the sands shifted and the rubble made the ground beneath her unsteady. Leona stood tense, her spear still drawn as she watched the strangers with narrowed eyes, unsure of their intentions. Whereas Astraea was lost in the haze of her emotions though, the other woman was not. "..Dist?" How was her old partner involved in all of this exactly? Whatever the connection, it likely wasn't anything good...

"Don't touch him!" Grateful as she was that Galand had been recovered, there was no denying the deep sensation of rage that coursed through her seeing this other woman caress his face so gently. Hearing her call him her betrothed. Seeing the men rush forward to grab her injured partner only further sparked her ire. "I SAID DON'T TOUCH HIM!" Pointing her Climatact upward, familiar dark clouds coalesced over the expanse of the area they were in, crackling with electricity. But it was not lightning she called down from the heavens quite yet, bur rain. And lots of it. The torrential downpour dampened the sands beneath them, soaking in in some spots and pooling in others. Astraea dashed forward, promptly tackling the first man she laid her eyes on, feverish feral instincts driving her to slash and claw and pull until the man beneath her no longer screamed or fought back or made any noise at all. Snapping back around, she splattered blood and water across the sands, repeating the viscous process with the still surprised group who had been attempting to escort Galand elsewhere.

By the time they were able to react, Leona was there to assist, dispatching those who were attempting to pull their weapons on her teammate. Even if she was acting irrationally, it wasn't in her character to stand by and let her get hurt. By the time it was all said and done, the redhead stood with her spear tip pointed at the "translator's" throat. "Sorry, we're not finished here... Where's Dist?" Astraea, meanwhile, crouched protectively over Galand's body on her hands and knees, lips pulled back in a snarl as her eyes locked onto the woman who had dared to try to take him from her.

North Lotus

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:07 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ Galand’s body remains loose and limp in the carriage of men moving him towards the outside of the cavern. Yet, before they can even make it to the entryway, a sudden darkness overcasts the entirety of the group. The glasses wearing man look up with his scratchy face, giving a simple glance of curiosity at the clouds before pulling out an umbrella from gods knows where. Without skipping a beat, he covers the horned woman and continues advancing. Once the clouds set off, and spread its water down in a massive torrent, only the lower ranked members seem to be phased. They lose their footing and fumble about, trying to hold Galand up for dear life. Since they know, should they drop him, he won’t be the only thing hitting the floor. Unfortunately for them, their fates are sealed. First is one unsuspecting pirate, moving to recollect his footing.

To the eyes of the other members, he all but vanishes, reappearing as a bloody mess in the distance. And then another, and then another, and one more beyond that. One by one their ranks are slain by the two women, clearly not too fond of their random actions. Finally it comes down to four Pirates and their two leaders left. The glasses wearing man rubs the back of his head casually, a bit perplexed about what to do. After exhaling through his nostrils, he turns to the woman and shrugs. “We’ll have to do it by force I suppose, Ms. Kindle.” The woman glances over to him through her peripheral for but a moment before turning towards Astraea. As if to acknowledge Astraea and Leona, she holds up a hand, making all the men around her back off. She then sits down with crossed legs. “Tell.” she says, issuing her simple order. The glasses man nods dutifully before turning to the opposition with a simple, almost apologetic smile.

“Well, I probably shouldn’t be saying this but, Mr. Dist works further into the Grand Line. We were sent here to pick up a few potential new members for his crew, you see. A Mr. Cartel, a Ms. Roland, and one Mr. Galand. Although…” he looks over the seated woman, waiting for her approval. Of which she provides with a simple nods, never taking her gaze away from Astraea. The man nods in response, and turns back to Leona. “...Mr. Galand there was only allowed due to our lady’s request. It would seem they had times back in their homeland, and were to be wed. But due to circumstances… well, let’s just say things didn’t go as planned.” he speaks casually, giving a light laugh towards the end as if to lighten the mood. He walks closer to Leona now, standing at the very point of her spear, a mere inch or two away as if not afraid of being plunged in the face.

With a generous smile, and happy-go-lucky gesture, he pleads. “And so, would you kindly give back our prize? It would be problematic for everyone here if we’re not able to secure him. You see, our lady is of the same blood as our unconscious friend. If she were to lose control, I fear nothing on this island would make it to the next sunrise.” As he says this, he seems to flinch, feeling a chill crawl up his spine. He glances over to the seated woman, noticing a sort of ‘gloom’ creep from her. Her gaze is empty and unforgiving, slowly and surely losing patience. Clearly she came for one thing, and one thing alone. And that thing is before her.

The man, who had been whimsical up until now, shows signs of concern and a tinge of desperation. “My betrothed. Give. Now.” She says, speaking directly to Astraea this time. If one looked about the room, the various ants sit in the holes about the landscape staring at the source of their terror. Trembling and huddled together. Whoever, or whatever this woman is, is horrifying them with her mere presence. Like an instinctual fear for survival. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

Tʜᴇ Oᴄᴇᴀɴ

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out