Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oɴᴇ Pɪᴇᴄᴇ﹕Rᴀᴅɪᴀɴᴛ Dᴀᴡɴ

Back to Guilds

Hαve yoυ coмe тo prove yoυ вeloɴɢ oɴ тнeѕe ѕeαѕ... 

Tags: One Piece, Literate, Role Play, Battle, Adventure 

Reply Tʜᴇ Oᴄᴇᴀɴ
Tomb of the White Wings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:35 pm
User Image

sᴛʀ: 005 | sᴘᴅ: 020 | ᴅᴇғ: 050 | ᴘʀᴡ: 090 || ʜᴘ: 990 | ᴛsᴛᴀ: 600 | sᴘɪ: 090

XXX "Pfft! I'm looking forward to it then!" Leave it to Galand to try to outdo himself at every step, even when it came to things as simple as gifts. As he mentioned that he had a few years to catch up, Astraea nodded, her smile faltering slightly. "Yeah, me too.. And don't think I'm going to be outdone by you!" The woman did her best to shift back into teasing her partner, trying not to linger on the darker thoughts. They'd suffered enough, so any respite she could bring was hopefully a welcomed one. Hearing the excitement and joy in Galand's voice as he asked about their new legal status as Evelyn's parents certain helped, and brought a smile to the mermaid's face. "Yup! We're officially her parents now. I know we've thought of her as family for years, and she's old enough not to need a guardian, but.. it still feels nice." Again her fiance's words shifted tone, but she couldn't blame him for how he felt. If she had been in his shoes, she was certain she would have followed the same path. Rage and grief could feel so intense they could practically cloud one's very soul. Such an experience she was only slowly beginning to recall as she began remembering their battle with Dist after the man had so grievously injured Roma and betrayed them all.

Laying her head on his shoulder, Astraea gently interlocked her fingers with his as she did her best to comfort him. "She does. She told me herself when I gave her the papers that she'd have you sign them. You're right that we can't change the past. All we can do is be better in the future. Continue from this point on forward being someone you think is worthy of Evelyn's admiration. But I can promise you this.." Raising her free hand, Astraea turned Galand's head towards her so that their eyes met. "She still loves you and considers you her father. We're family, and nothing is going to change that." A light frown formed on the woman's face as Galand stood once more, moving away and heading for the door. Astraea immediately scrambled to sit up more, throwing her legs over the side of the best, and only pausing when she realized his words implied he wanted to be left alone. At least, that's how she interpreted it. Though she understood people needing their own space and time away from others, the words didn't make her heart sink any less. They'd only just been reunited on friendly terms, and already it felt like he was distancing himself. Though it was selfish, she wanted him to stay by her side instead. But she kept quiet, only nodding and forcing a smile in return when he turned to look back at her.

After he left, Astraea sighed, flopping back on the bed in defeat as she stared up at the ceiling. It was unrealistic to think that things could click back together in perfect harmony, but it still made her feel inadequate and strange that they hadn't. More than anything, she wanted Galand to be happy, and she wanted to fix anything that seemed to be upsetting him. But for both of them, this was years worth of trauma and hardship that they had to unravel, and it wasn't going to be an easy path. She'd done her best to put on a brave face and to comfort her lover, but the truth was she had no idea what the hell she was doing. She was terrified; the organization she had admired and trusted so fervently had done despicable things to her closest friends and the people she cared about the most. She'd already been through torture at their hands once, and she wasn't sure she could take something like that again. And yet there was no way she could go back, and there was no way the World Government would simply let them be after everything that had happened.

Turning over, the woman curled up slightly, closing her eyes to halt the formation of tears gathering in her eyes. Their battle had only just begun and she was already exhausted. Leona was dead, Dist was their enemy, and Roma was still suffering while she lounged around comfortably because of their.. her mistake. The reminder of this sent a fresh wave of emotional pain through her, and she suddenly sat up, claws slicing through the fabric of the pillow she clutched as she dragged her fingers through it, spilling a myriad of feathers about her. "You're pathetic!" Frustrated tears dripped down her cheeks and she tossed the pillow away in disgust, hopping off the bed a moment later, pacing angrily about for a moment before she grabbed at another pillow. "First the bed, and now the pillows? We aren't going to have anything nice left to sleep on if you keep destroying them, you know." Hearing Noella's chastising, Astraea stopped and dropped the pillow, sniffling and wiping at her eyes with her arm. "Guh.. Sorry.." The woman's heels clicked with every step she took forward, until she was standing in front of Astraea, ond hand on her hip, the other gripping a basket. "If you keep blaming yourself for the past, you're never going to be able to move forward. You cannot bear everything alone, even if you have the bizarre notion in mind that it is your job to do so. Go talk to that fool down at the docks; you two need each other."

Raea looked away, still looking insecure and meek. "He seemed like he wanted to be left alone.. I don't want to bother him.." Maybe she just wasn't good enough anymore. Maybe years ago she'd been adequate, but now she was just a disappointment, a dove that could no longer fly. "This has been an overwhelming day for both of you. It's only understandable that he wants some fresh air. But you need him, and he needs you. Go and see him." Raising one arm, Noella set the basket beside Astraea on the bed. "Besides. It's time for dinner and neither of you have eaten. Be a dear and share this with him." Before Raea could say another word, she woman seemed to take what she was going to say right out of her mouth. "And don't worry about eating with me. We will have plenty of time in the future to enjoy meals together." Her lip trembling, Raea suddenly pulled her old friend into a tight embrace, crying against her shoulder. Taking aback only slightly, Noella raised a hand to gently pat the woman's head in comfort as she spoke. "Come now, you're going to soak my jacket if you keep that up." Pulling away and wiping at her face again, Astraea once more apologized, thanking her companion before heading down the long staircase toward the docks.

By now it was much later in the day, and the setting sun painted the world in a deep, warm amber hue. Even with Elysium as empty and ruined as it was, it was still a beautiful and nostalgic sight. Stopping by the ship she had sequestered from Minion Island, she grabbed some of the supplies she'd gathered along the way, as well as Galand's katana. It didn't take her long to find the man who was indeed watching the waves along the shore. Kicking off her shoes, Astraea felt an instead surge of relief at the familiar sensation of the sand against her bare feet as she walked toward her partner. Behind him now, she bit her lip for a moment, forcing herself to attempt something to try to lighten the mood. "I don't even need to dodge.." The mermaid lightly tapped the sheathed katana against her fiance's shoulder as she finished his signature line. "It'll be the same every time!" Shifting over to his side, she sat down and smiled weakly, passing him his beloved weapon. "Is it okay if I watch with you?" The sea was her home, and there truly was something mesmerizing and relaxing about listening to the waves crash upon the shore.

After a few moments of silence, she opened the basket Noella had given her, finding it filled with fruits and vegetables - some familiar and some she'd never seen before. Plucking a grape from its stem, she turned to Galand, tapping him lightly on the shoulder as she opened her mouth slightly to indicate what she wanted him to do. "Ahhh." The woman waited until he complied before popping the grape into his mouth, taking turns between feeding herself and pestering the man beside her to eat as well. For a long while the woman was silent, though she forced herself to finally speak once she was satisfied that Galand had eaten an adequate amount. "You know.. A lot of people really wanted me to take good care of you.. Y'shtola specifically asked me to do that.. Because you'd already suffered so much.. And I promised her that I would, but instead.." Though she was trying not to, she could already feel the tears stinging her eyes, the lump in her throat making it more difficult to speak. "I broke my promise to her.. You suffered even more and when I saw you again I said all those cruel things and I just hurt you even more.."

Ashamed, Astraea turned her head away, bringing her knees to her chest. "I'm sorry, Galand.. I was the person you were supposed to rely on for anything, and I let you down. I feel like.. Like I let everyone down.. And I.. I'm scared.. I'm scared it's going to happen again and I won't be able to.. To protect anyone.." Though she was doing her best to hide it, the shaking of her shoulders and occasional gasp for air were a clear indication that she'd begun crying. "I feel like.. such a failure.. I can't even ease your pain.. I'm so sorry.. Please.. If I.. If there's something I can do to help you.. Please tell me.."

North Lotus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:47 pm
User ImageUser Image

sᴛʀ: 000 | sᴘᴅ: 250 | ᴅᴇғ: 000 | ᴘʀᴡ: 345 || ʜᴘ: 990 | ᴛsᴛᴀ: 600 | sᴘɪ: 178

[ He had done it again. That same stupid, selfish, inconsiderate mess he always did. Walking off and bottling things up inside himself, like he has to be the one to shoulder all of his doubts and grief. Despite just talking with his partner about it, here he is reverting back to the same old him he so desperately wants to let go of. The realization hits him hard as he slowly descends down the staircase. The scenery, at the very least, is rather nice. It helps to calm the man’s nerves down a bit, and progressively clear his head. After finally making it to the beach, he takes the first step onto the sand and pauses. His eyes shift to his feet, and he looks at the grainy substance coiling around his boot. He starts to recall the days where he’d lazily walk across the surface barefoot with Astraea and Evelyn. Those times where there was no fighting. Only peace, and happy memories. But those memories soon shift to more darker ones. Ones where he lost it all. Every single thing. All because of one simple, singular mistake.

He ignored the pleading-- the begging of his good friend, and from that everything fell apart. As he recalls, he doesn’t grow angry as he once would. No, instead he lifts his head in a somber daze and moves forward towards the water’s edge. “I keep looking back. Even though things are like this, those memories just won’t go away, huh. Probably...they won’t stop until I-...we, put an end to Dist, and save the others.” His eyes stare forth into the distance, unhindered and unfazed. Random wildlife prowls about, some taking the time to stop and look at the strange being on the beach, before heading back into the habitat. He holds up his hand as if reaching for the setting sun before sighing, recalling the words spoken to him by his lover. According to her, Evelyn still loves him as a father, but he can’t help but think she doesn’t truly. Not anymore. Not after the cruel things he has done, despite what he used to tell her back in the day. His very being must be a contradiction to those words. A living gruesome lie.

He’s killed people, fought against the military, and even formed a Pirate crew. “There’s no way she still loves me. I know that. But, one day I’ll have to face her properly.” After lowering his arm, he takes to kicking off his boots and standing there in meditation. Clear his head, and then, go back to speak with Astraea. Time to finally set things straight. At least, that was the plan. After some period of time passes, the woman in question winds up behind the man holding his very own katana. And the nerve of her, she started saying his own technique chant! The whole performance causes him to nearly choke from the urge to laugh. “Pfft! What was that? Trying to steal my technique now? You may be the only one that knows how to stop it, but using it is a different story, lady.” he says jokingly, looking over to Astraea as she sits by his side. He takes hold of his blade and spins it between his fingers a couple of times before stabbing it into the sand on the opposite side of himself from his love.

After her question, he looks down to her for a few moments before looking back forward to the horizon. “Sure… Of course you can.” he says, more than welcoming her presence. In fact, he takes to dropping down next to her, crossing his legs carefully. The momentary silence that existed between them, and the ambiance of the environment makes such a lovely atmosphere, completely shattering the imbalance Galand had been feeling up until a while ago. Just being here with her. That’s all it took in the end. Galand had gotten so comfortable without even realizing it his eyes closed, and he just listened. Listened to the world around him. Only when his shoulder is tapped does he come back into focus. “Hm?” he questions, turning to see the fruit before his face. “Ahhh.” Complying, he accepts her offering, and all others that came after until the two of them were plenty fed enough for the time being. At some point Galand found himself lying on his side, using a hand to keep his head propped up. Like this, he’s far closer to Astraea than before.

His hair essentially lying about the mermaid’s clothing. Though things had gotten rather comfortable, the woman started going on about her past regrets. Much to Galand’s pain. He had kept his composure and position as she went on. But after realizing that she’s crying, Galand sits himself up and moves behind her. He’d drop down onto his knees, and wrap his arms around her shoulders. “Enough... That’s enough, Angelfish.” he starts before pulling her into a tighter hug. “You’ve suffered those thoughts long enough. Not a single one of us is perfect. You and I have both done things that we regret, but you, you’re strong. You say you failed everyone, but in the end...you were the one to open my eyes. To save me before I fell too far. I wouldn’t even be here right now had you not come to my side.” He continues, speaking softly to her, letting her know he’s okay. He isn’t angry with her. In fact…

“We...everyone relied on you so much. You had all of that on your plate, and you did the absolute best you could. You fought to the bitter end, and even after falling, you rose up. You’re better than those regrets. You’re stronger than them. And I love you for that. You were, and are the light for us Doves. A beacon of hope towards which all of us are drawn. So, I… I believe. If you were able to save someone as far gone as me, then there is nothing you can’t do, and no one you can’t save. Plus, I’ll be there with you this time, the entire way.” He promises, holding onto her for as long as she’d like. And in this time, once more he accepts the fact. Yeah, Astraea is the only thing keeping him on the straight and narrow.

As fallen as he was, just her being had conquered the darkness pooling within his heart. She calls him Starlight, but doesn’t she more accurately represent such a thing? The only thing he can think of now, is how he’ll make her smile next. What he can do to make her happy. What can a broken man like him do, to see the most beautiful smile in the world, from the single woman he loves? ]

Traits: Primary Weapon: Sword x Rokushiki x Life Return | Perk: Master | Alliance: Pirate | Fruit: Quake

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:13 am
User Image

XXX At the very least, Astraea took comfort in the fact that she was able to make Galand laugh, though her negative mood still lingered. The man had walked away for a reason, and even if Noella had assured her that she wasn't a bother to her fiance, the mermaid couldn't help but worry she was pestering him. Sometimes people just needed to be alone. Then again... As of recently, it really didn't seem like a good idea to let him run off solo. The soothing, rhythmic rolling of the waves served to calm her frayed nerves a little as the pair sat in silence for a while and ate. Had she not been so caught up in how horrible she felt presently, the scene would have been a very relaxing one. Galand had finally gotten enough rest and food in him that she didn't have to worry about him quite as much as she had been, and knowing that he was lounging comfortably beside her simply made her happy. In fact, if she closed her eyes, she could pretend that nothing had ever changed. That Elysium was still standing. That all of her friends were safe and well. That they had never been through all the tortures they had suffered for years. Though she tried to steady herself on her own, it was only when he wrapped his arms around her that Raea was able to stifle her crying for a moment, sniffling and biting her lip before burying herself in Galand's embrace as she burst into sobs again. It felt pathetic that she’d come down to try to cheer up her partner, and in the end it was her that needed the attention. As he spoke, she quieted her cries down so she could listen to him, touched by the fact that he seemed to hold her on such a pedestal.

To that, she managed to choke out something resembling a laugh, adjusting herself in her lover’s grasp so that she was settled more comfortably in his lap, sitting somewhat in a bridal style position. ”We both... Judge ourselves so harshly.. But hold each other up as something almost holy.” Sniffing, the woman wiped the tears from her face for the umpteenth time that day, lolling her head against the man’s chest, taking some time to try to calm herself and slow her breathing. ”Sorry.. Thank you..” There was no point in lamenting about the past anymore; they couldn’t change that. All they could do was fix the future. But that was one step at a time. Right now the woman was just relieved that Galand was fine with her presence, and that he didn’t see her as useless or outdated. ”You said that it was okay to hope again.. I think.. Maybe it’s okay to be happy again, too. I feel guilty to be so content while others suffer, but I can’t deny it.. Just being by your side makes me feel that way.” The weight of his arms around her was familiar, and warmed her skin as much as it brought her a sense of safety and stability. Moving one hand down, she interlocked her fingers with his, curling her toes contently through the sand. ”I think it’s alright for us to be happy together.. And as long as we have each other, we can fix things. So.. I promise I won’t leave your side. And you promise you won’t leave mine, okay?”

For the first time since she’d started crying, she looked up at him with a small, hopeful smile before settling her cheek against his chest once more. After that, she was silent for a long time, content just to linger in her lover’s embrace. Part of her was reluctant to move at all, willing to spend the night on the beach like this, but she knew they’d be more comfortable if they returned to the first house. By now the sun had set, the last lingering lights of the day slowly starting to fade into deep purples and blues. ”Hey.. We should head back up and get some rest. We can head out tomorrow to pay Cartel a visit, yeah?” Much against her will, she removed herself from Galand’s lap, assisting him to stand with the hand she still held on to, walking back up the steps with him slowly back toward their sanctuary. "Maybe when Noella clears us, we can go swimming again if you want." Turning to him, she offered another smile and a light shrug. The man had always seemed to enjoy spending time in the sea, though it was obviously limited because of the fruit he had consumed. It was only when others - like herself - were available that he was actually able to swim without any fear of drowning. "Maybe when we visit Cartel we can all go swimming together." Perhaps it was just a wild fantasy, but even something as simple as that sounded like a miracle.

North Lotus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ As his body rests against hers, Galand’s face hangs low with eyes closed. He hears the words of his love, taking them in earnestly. It had been so long since he even considered it. Years in fact. The prospect of being happy. Rather, being allowed happiness in the first place. Someone as corrupt and vile as him. A body tainted in sin, wings bathed black and red from the blood of those whom he personally slain in his campaign of revenge and seething fury. All those he dragged with him, and all those whose futures he ruined. Families broken, and the innocent eyes of children infected with the true horrors of the sea, never to see a beautiful world again. A monster like this...can he truly accept a life of happiness now? His mind wanders further, visioning silhouettes of his allies, all in their own predicaments. Those he failed the save, and those who can yet still be saved. And her. Leona… He watches her back, and how her hair slowly flows about.

That radiance of peace and maturity. And despite everything that happened between them, every time she turns, and he sees her face, her can only imagine her with a smile. That same forgiveness as always. That hope. The sight causes the man to skip a breath, being at a loss for words. And as usual, she turns away and walks off, fading into the light where she belongs. Galand’s arms tighten around Astraea, in such a way as to keep her close rather than cause needless force. As his eyes open, he gives a light smile. And his voice, soft and calmed, whispers into the ear of his lover.

“I’ve...experienced terrible things. I’ve spilled blood. I’ve felt the most terrible of emotions, to where I couldn’t even recognize myself within my own fury. To be honest… I was afraid. I clung to that rage. That power. I thought I needed it, so as to not lose anything, or anyone else ever again. But the moment I woke up to see your face on that ship, it was as if I had been pulled up from that suffocating darkness. As if you had rescued me from myself. It was so...LIBERATING. I felt so at peace. And despite everything I had done to you and all of those people, I was happy. I AM happy. Then I realized it. You are my happiness, Angelfish. When you’re around, all the pain fades. No matter how grim, I always wind up smiling again.”

He tilts his head back and stares up to the sky, watching exotically colored birds fly above head in a flock. So free, and together. His smile faintly grows, and he finds himself exhaling as if at peace with the world. “I swear, I’ll never leave your side again. I never want to lose this feeling. Not now, or ever.” His head descends in enough time to meet her own gaze as she looks up to him. In the end they spent the rest of the afternoon together, watching the world around them. Watching the sun slowly set, and then, the lights of day slowly fade out. Per suggestion, they agree to go ahead and head up to bed for the time being. Come the following day, they’d be paying their dear friend and mentor a visit. “Cartel, huh. I wonder...how much he has changed since then. Hopefully he’s as happy to see us as we’ll be to him. He was always a laid back guy. Didn’t talk much. But he was a good friend, and taught me a lot about the world. He better be doing well!” he says joyously, clearly excited at the chance to meet his friend again after all of this time.

But off to the side, hidden away by the environment, Noella watched the pair with an apprehensive look about herself. As if she knows something the pair doesn’t. A small child stands by her side, holding onto her sleeve with curious eyes. “You aren’t gonna tell them, momma? They’ll be really sad once they find out, you know.” So says the young one. Noella’s eyes close as if she’s fighting back the urge to step out and inform her friends. But she holds true to her stance on them needing to see Cartel for themselves. Instead, she turns away with the child and heads off deeper into the base in silence. Over in the room, Galand exhales before walking towards the supply cabinet and grabbing a few utensils. “Gonna go ahead and shower. We smell like bear spit and soot.” he claims, letting out a laugh as he passes by Astraea while pinching his nostrils, teasing her. ]

Traits: Primary Weapon: Sword x Rokushiki x Life Return | Perk: Master | Alliance: Pirate | Fruit: Quake

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:58 pm
User Image

XXX There were few things as comforting as being held by her lover, soothed by the soft whispers of his words and the sounds of the waves upon the shore. What Galand said was bittersweet, and while she hated to know of the pain he had gone through and had caused in his agony, it was astonishing to be defined as his happiness. Though it wasn't an honor she felt she deserved, Astraea couldn't help but feel suddenly breathless, touched by how deep her fiance's admiration went. "Well I'm glad to be that, then.. I do love your smile. I'm sure I've told you before, but that's what started my crush on you in the first place, you know. You were so serious and rude at first! But the first time I saw you smile, it really did light up the room." Grinning at him, she nuzzled the side of her face against his shoulder once more, content to stay there until they headed back up toward the First House. "He was laid back and didn't talk much. I think that's why he was such a good fit as a partner for Roma." Chuckling quietly, she nodded in agreement to Galand's words. "Yeah, he was always great at that. And he always kept an eye on us in the field. Missions were less stressful when I knew he was watching over us. I hope he's doing well, too."

For a moment, the woman considered Noella's comment to her, about how she needed to keep Galand calm and in line when they went to visit their old friend. Recalling the order, her stomach tightened in nervousness and her smile faded slightly. Noella didn't do things without reason, and the only rational explanation for their brief, silent conversation was that the tactician expected something during their travels was going to set Galand off. For a moment, Astraea considered bringing it up, cautioning him against his excitement, but she just couldn't bring herself to do it. Perhaps tomorrow when they docked at the island, but tonight at least he deserved to stay happy. Before he could walk off completely to shower, Raea caught his hand, offering him a sheepish smile, a soft blush on her face. "Can I go with you?" It wouldn't have been the first time the couple had showered together, and while it wasn't an inherently sexual activity, it was certainly intimate. Though it felt as though things hadn't changed between them, she wanted to be sure Galand was comfortable above all else.

With his approval, her face lit up, and she walked with him to the shower with her hand still grasping his. It was strange how things that had once been more simple or expected now felt like luxuries. Just being able to do things like wash Galand's back or playfully ruffle his hair up into a mohawk with shampoo made things feel like they could go back to normal again. It was a reminder, too, of just how hard her partner had been working for all these years. Even now he was well toned and muscular, but when she placed her hands on his shoulders this was the first time she noticed just how much stress he'd been placing on his body. "Geez, Starlight, do you carry all your tension in your shoulders?" Pressing the side of her thumbs against his skin, she did her best to try to work out at least some of the knots. "I bet you haven't taken a single day off, huh..?"

Their time inside the now steaming room was entirely innocent - Noella hadn't approved anything, and they were in fact quite dirty - but it was still pleasant and immensely welcomed. Wringing out her hair, Raea wrapped herself in a towel and went about preparing herself for bed. "Hm.. I wonder if I should cut my hair.." Combing it out was starting to become tedious with how long it had become, but she still wanted her fiance's opinion. Although that did remind her.. "By the way.. When did you start hiding your markings?" Turning toward him, she gently caressed the right side of his face where the familiar black markings had all but disappeared. "And your eye? Don't get me wrong, you look great either way! It just surprised me."

Waiting for his answer, she threw on the clothes she planned to wear for bed, her gaze lingering on her discarded Marine uniform for a few moments. Well, she wasn't going to need that again, was she? Smiling to her fiance, she stepped closer to him to give him a peck on the lips. "I'm going to head to bed. You can join me when you're ready, just don't wander off anywhere strange, okay? I love you." Unlike Galand, who for whatever reason seemed to enjoy getting as little sleep as possible, Astraea needed quite a bit of rest to function as she did. It didn't take the woman long to find a room that had been spared the destruction of the fighting - or one that had been at least repaired by Noella. Leaving the door open so that Galand could find her easier, she curled up contently in the bed, and while she dozed peacefully for a bit, it wasn't until her partner settled down beside her once more that she succumbed to a deeper sleep. She'd been so tired from the events of the past few days, that she didn't even dream, and she was thankful to have slept so peacefully through the night. Once she got her bearings and readjusted to reality, she yawned quietly and chuckled quietly when she heard Galand stirring beside her.

"You could have woken me up earlier, you know.." Turning over, she scooted herself closer to him, angling her head up toward him with a smile. "But you're very sweet, thank you." It was immensely rare that she woke up before the go-getter, and she had little doubt in her mind that he had been awake for a while, anxious to get up and start the day, but too considerate to wake her. "I'm sure I made you wait long enough.. Let's go see Cartel!"

North Lotus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:40 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ Honestly, Galand never expected Astraea to stop him as he went to enter the shower room. He faintly flinched, and turned back to her, thinking that maybe she has something else to say to him before going in. What he didn’t see coming was her question. His eyes opened in surprise but quickly mellow out into a light blush, quickly followed by him turning his head away. “O-Of course you can. I-It’s not like you ever needed permission before…” he says, trying his best to speak as if his composure is intact, but clearly failing. During the entire process, he took deep note of the scars riddled about the fishwoman’s body-- more specifically the ones on her back. He traces along the length of one as gently as possible, recalling the memories of each one he was there to witness.

If others were to see this, likely, they’d be put off. However for Galand, this scars hold memories of their time fighting one another side by side. For him, these scars are beautiful, and remind him of the good old days. Eventually it came down to his turn, and as expected Astraea pointed out the stiffness in his body. Something he has been having trouble with quite a bit lately. From constantly fighting, to Morgana’s curse, to his body slowly growing and adapting after those years of torture, it’s no wonder he’s rather tense. The way she dug into the knots, loosening them and relieving the stress built up within his shoulders felt like heaven. And he’d audibly give tells of such through sighs and faint grunts. “Day off? Sorry, but you’re gonna have to tell me what that means. Never heard of...ngh...it.” Whew. He winds his shoulders a few times, feeling absolutely liberated compared to just moments ago.

From there, the time spent in the shower came and went peacefully. Just two lovebirds enjoying each other’s company. After leaving the steamed out room, he watches as Astraea walks off, fiddling with her hair. After taking time to sit there and pay closer attention, she really did grow it out! It’s as if he hadn’t properly paid mind all of this time, and with her simple comment on cutting it, he’s officially noticing just how ridiculously long it got. Rather, can hair even grow that long, that fast?! After rubbing the back of his own head, he lets out a soft chuckle and follows behind the woman. “Really? I think it’s pretty, if you ask me. You never let it grow out much back then. Though, in my case, I’m thinking of letting mine grow back out? Hrm…” He thinks hard about it, crouching down and cupping a hand around his chin deep in thought. If he’s going to grow it, maybe get it back to how it was back in the day, or maybe back to how he had it on Cactus Island? ...Wait. As he sits there, he’s reminded of how long his own hair got, and he was just questioning Astraea’s.

After a bit of thought, he stands back up prepared to ask another question, only to have the woman’s hand placed against the side of his face. “Huh? ...Oh. That, eh.” He slowly reaches up and places a hand atop hers, gently pulling it away from his face, so as to not scare or affect her. “I got so used to holding it back, that I forgot it was even there… I hid it since all it did was scare people, and cause me trouble.” As he finishes his words, he’d close his eyes, and in the next moment open them to reveal the deformity and near evil appearance of his family’s trait. The ‘Blood of Drace’ as it is so unfortunately called. Strange almost alien markings slowly crawl from the changed right eye, making its way along his right as side as trying to take him over. From Astraea’s perspective, it’d be a lot ‘worse’ than how it was before, ever growing due to his desire from combat. The more he fought, the worse it becomes. “I used to think I could make it go away for good, but no matter what I do, it just comes back. Guess I’m stuck with it.” he finishes.

In time, the two would find themselves moving to bed, preparing for the voyage to Cartel’s home come morning. After their kiss goodnight, and him tucking her in with his own declaration of love, he remains by her side for a bit before moving into the hallway. The moment he steps out the door, he closes it behind him and sighs. “You going to be okay here by yourself? Sure you don’t want to come with?” he asks, turning his gaze over to Noella, who is posted by the door with her hands behind her back. “No need. I need to keep track of things here, while you all go out there. As has ever been our relationship, no?” Her response is swift and icy as ever, but he knows she means well. Galand places his hands on his hips and looks to the ceiling. “Yeah, well, the times have changed. You may be used to staying cooped up here, but there is a whole world to explore out there, you know. Consider voyaging with us every now and then, Specs.” The woman’s face almost lights up in surprise, as she hasn’t been called that by the man in ages. Though her expression quickly shifts to light irritation as she turns her back to him, pushing up her glasses. “You really have no tact at all, Mr. Drace. If you’re to tease anyone, you have a fiance.” she scolds, proceeding down the hallway.

Though after making some distance, a faint smile crosses her lips. Even for her, brief moments of the good old days still seem to be able to break through her shell. Regardless, with that out of the way, Galand heads back into the room, and slips into the bed with Astraea. Being as careful as possible not to disturb her. This was a splendid night. He slept comfortably. Somehow, someway, as per usual, he wakes up before his lover and finds himself resorting to laying there as still as possible until she wakes up after him. He had planned to just get up and get in some exercise while he waits, but after seeing her sleeping face, he relents and decides to just remain.

Eventually she does finally wake, to which he offers a warm smile from the bottom of his heart. Just looking into her beautiful eyes sends a chill through his body. “Yeah. We’ve kept him waiting long enough!” He excitedly gets up, and after sufficiently preparing, he’s stopped by a knock at the door. He pads across the room, opening it up only to see Noella standing there with clothes hangers in both hands. “In lue of our return, I thought it only right I present you both with the outfits you used to wear back in the day. Though, I did a few modifications. ...It’s up to you whether you desire to wear them or not, but...for the occasion, I thought it only proper you are given the choice.” Galand beams, having missed this outfit most of all. He takes hold of it, and gives the tactician a big hug before darting over to the other side of the room, fully prepared to get changed. It was like he was a child receiving a present. It doesn’t take long until he fully suited up again, checking himself out.

After a bit more banter between the trio, Galand and Astraea would set off. As the boat departs, the man looks up the stairs a bit to see Noella standing there with a hand up, seeing them off. But to either side of her are children, waving and calling out bye as if they had been there all along. Galand stares up in surprise, but with the boat being so far from shore now, he can only look over to Astraea in surprise. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:27 pm
User Image

XXX Even knowing that she'd had certain permissions in the past didn't stop Astraea's concern over double checking her fiance's boundaries. Five years was a long time after all, and the last thing she wanted to do was make him uncomfortable when her job was to provide the exact opposite. Still, she couldn't help but feel equally elated and relieved to have him accept her company, smiling as he blushed and turned away as if to hide his face. 'Cute..' It seemed that for both of them, the desire for intimacy was always a somewhat embarrassing topic even after all of their years together. But such things didn't bother her in the slightest; their trust and respect for each other ensured that no matter how they spent their time together, it was enjoyable.

The woman closed her eyes, a content sigh drifting from her lips as she felt the familiar sensation of Galand's fingertips brushing along her skin. It wasn't uncommon at all for him to caress her scars, and she smiled as she recalled old memories of them together, fighting and conquering their enemies side by side just as it was meant to be. Years before Astraea had been self conscious of her marred, imperfect skin, but Galand had always called them beautiful. Marks of her dedication and care to her friends and allies. Her smile faltered when she considered once more that they matched in this way now, though whereas Raea had earned her scars by willingly thrown herself into battle, her partner had no choice in the matter. Though it showed his resilience, it also seemed to serve as a reminder to her that when he had needed to be protected most she had not been there. As he spoke up once more, pulling her from her darker thoughts, the woman scoffed and rolled her eyes slightly, smushing a handful of bubbles playfully against the side of his face. "Oh, don't you worry, I'll make sure you understand the definition thoroughly." There was no way she was going to let him come close to working himself to death again.

"Really? Maybe I'll keep it like this then.. I always thought longer hair might be more of a pain in battle, but I haven't had any issues yet, I suppose." Besides, if Galand liked her hair as it was, then that was enough for her. "Ha! It is almost as if we switched styles isn't it?" Back in the day, he'd always had longer hair than her, but this was the shortest she'd ever seen him cut it to. There was a flash of pain in the woman's eyes for a moment as she recalled the circumstances under which he had begun donning such a style, but she did her best to push it away. "It looks good like this, too. Although, I always did love playing with your hair when it was longer." With a small smile she'd shrug, looking confused for a moment as he pulled her hand away from his face.

"Ah, well.." She'd intended to say more about the familiar marks on his body, but her words failed when she realized they weren't so familiar anymore. "Oh.. I didn't know it could spread like that.." With her free hand, she gently traced along the edges of the curling, black marks before lifting her gaze to his own. When Galand had first revealed his eye to her, years ago, it had taken some getting used to; one of his eyes, a beautiful, glimmering gold was so full of emotion and life while the other seemed little more than dead and apathetic. Over the years though, she'd become quite accustomed to it. "Ehh? It's a part of you, and there's nothing wrong with that." With a sly grin, she sauntered toward the door, pausing to look over her shoulder with a wink as she spoke. "Besides, I've always thought it was sexy." Then she was off to sink down into some well deserved sleep.

Still groggy as she awoke, Raea watched her partner excitedly move around and prepare with a sleepy smile on her lips. Finally she forced herself to sit up, stretch, and help him get ready for the trip, peaking around Galand when he opened the door to reveal Noella with some very nostalgic articles of clothing. While her partner scurried off to change in all of his excitment, Astraea took her uniform from the woman, the corners of her mouth pulling her expression into a slight frown. "You know.. I might be easier to do what you've asked of me if you just told me what it is I'm supposed to be expecting." To this the tactician merely pushed her glasses up and shook her head, crossing her arms over her chest. "It's something you have to see and experience for yourself." Swallowing her frustration, Raea did her best to proceed as calmly as possible, but it was clear she was on edge. For whatever reason, the bespeckled woman seemed to believe that this island excursion didn't entail a happy reunion, and the anticipation of Galand's disappointment and anguish was heartbreaking. "Listen. I don't know how much more we can take. Keeping secrets from us? I find it hard to believe that being kept in the dark is in our best interests, especially when we've been blind for years. You're a dear friend, Noella, but I don't like--"

As her fiance returned, Astraea fell silent, her expression dipping back to a neutral one before she forced a smile for him. "Bright colors really do suit you." She excused herself to change as well, leaving the two to chat as they pleased, plotting her course toward the island Noella had shown her with some reluctance. Of course she wanted to see Cartel, but things were only just starting to settle down, and even she wasn't completely sure how mentally prepared Galand was for this trip. Still, she manipulated the sails and took her spot at the ship's wheel like a good Navigator, running her thumb over her compass a few times as if to calm her nerves. New voices from the shore caught her attention, and she turned in confusion to see Noella with two children on either side of her excitedly waving and calling out to them. "..huh?" Blinking a couple of times, Raea squinted her eyes as if doubting the scene before her. "Are those.. Does Noella have kids?!" The revelation was equally shocking and exciting, since the last time she could recall one of the Dove's having children had to be... Dist? Celty? Celty.. Celty? For some reason she felt as though she vaguely remembered joyfully cradling the child of a teammate. She'd have to ask Galand about it later. For now, she cupped her hand over her mouth to yell back to the shore: "This is exactly what I was talking about!"

The pair sailed easily for hours, with Raea making minor adjustments to the sails here and there, content for a while until her thoughts drifted to a question the woman was sure wasn't wise to bring up now. Wasn't she the one worried about her partner's fragile mental state? Though she was hesitant to do so, she knew that if she didn't address this that she'd keep running possible answers in her head over and over until she was insane. "Hey.. Tell me about your cre-.." No, that wasn't right. They weren't his crew. Eden's Dove was his crew. She she was his crew. "..about those pirates."

North Lotus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:56 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ It’s a shame Galand couldn’t hear what the two women were saying to one another off in secret, but in trade-off he was simply too mesmerized with being able to wear his old gear again. It was like a child’s first Christmas for him. He barely got out of view of Noella as he tosses off his scarred and maimed armor. He’d surely miss it, but in exchange he can go back to what he knows and loves best. When everything was settled, loaded, and prepped to depart, Galand finally realized what that nagging feeling was every time he spoke with Noella. There was indeed someone else in the building with them, but he couldn’t quite be certain of it earlier. He stares back up to his friend, and the children clinging close to her side with a bright smile, holding up a hand as a sign of good. “Wait for us. We’ll be back!” he calls out, and though too far away for him to see now, Noella offers a light smile in return. “You had better come home, you two.” With that, she and the children turn to head back inside.

Time came and went with simple banter and light enjoyment of each other’s company before Astraea finally decided to get to something that must have clearly been eating at her mind; Galand’s crew. He flinches as he brings it up, resting his chin on his fist as he turns away nervously. It takes him a little before he’s able to properly address it, but recalling something from his past brings him back into order. Honesty. You have to be honest with your lover, and proper communication is key. He can’t hide anything from her, as she wouldn’t hide anything from him...right? The question lingers in his head, as his eyes slowly shift over to look at the blonde in thought. Eventually he relents and sighs. “Well, how do I put this. Long story short… they are a bunch of people who got burned hard by life, and fell into a really bad place because of it. All they know are suffering, pain, and conflict, so it was the only thing they knew to make use of in order to survive. It...felt like fate that we’d all met up when we did. One by one, we came together, like magnets of despair from life’s cruel machinations. And, we just stuck together…”

He pauses, giving himself a chance to shift about to lay onto his back, with hands behind his head. Golden iris stare up to the sky as a brisk breeze carries over the silence. “...and somehow, I became the leader. I guess you know, but I was in a bad place, and because of it I did some really bad things. They followed suit, and it felt GOOD. Together, we were strong. Exacting revenge against a common foe, and all those that had took the important things from us.” He smiles, thinking of their faces, verbally recalling each of their names in order; Goldy, Ashlyn, GoGo, Morgana, and the new runt. Though they would all likely hold the classification of super villain, at the time, it was what held the remain of his fragmented mind together. It was almost fun event. And to be transparent with Astraea, he admits this to her, opting to not look at her face in case of incurring her wrath.

The more he goes on, recalling to her all of their adventures together, the more he realizes he has this lingering bud sitting in his chest. He misses them. And, he never even got to give a proper goodbye, or at least extend an offering for them to remain by his side. Goldy and GoGo aside, Ashlyn and the kid could have been convinced to switch sides. And Morgana, well, she’d probably just be along for the ride regardless. As he thinks of his kitty friend, Galand makes an almost somber worrisome smile, pondering about what she’s up to presently. Hopefully they got away from the cold, and the island. “Sorry, I’m rambling.” he starts, sitting himself up. “They did bad things too but…” he says, turning to his lover with a genuine small brimming with confidence. “...I think I could change some of them for the better. They might even like this life.” ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:15 pm
User Image

XXX In the silence that passed following her question, Astraea shifted her eyes from the path she was charting across the sea to Galand, but allowed him to gather his thoughts without speaking up. In fact, she thought it was best to just listen to his explanation, and did her best not to judge his words too harshly. And at first, the task wasn't a truly difficult one, but as he continued on the mermaid found her patience growing more and more thin. She'd told him before, she understood why he'd gone down the path he had, but she couldn't condone them. And she certainly couldn't accept the fact that he'd enjoyed what he'd done! "What felt good exactly? Being the leader of a bunch of murderers? Ruining the lives of common people who had nothing to do with your pain?! That's not justice! That's not even revenge!" Maybe she was being unfair, but this.. It just felt wrong. Yes, Galand had lamented what he had done, but he seemed to be reminiscing about this now! And to make things even worse.. "What're you.. Are you smiling?!"

More than anger now, the Navigator looked unnerved by her lover's reaction to her question. Why did thinking of such horrible people make him happy? Did he really care about them this much? Was it possible that he loved them as much as he did Eden's Dove? As much as he did her? She was devoted to him, yes, but suddenly afraid that this wasn't her Galand. It seemed nearly impossible that the same man who had given her the cold shoulder and distanced himself for months because he hadn't wanted to slip up and cause her any harm was the same one lounging on the deck talking so casually about the pirate crew and his previous misdeeds as if recalling pleasant vacation memories. Raea knew it was unreasonable to expect that nothing would have changed in the five years since they'd last been by each other's side, but trying to figure out where his heart lay now was proving to be a terrifying challenge. To say that Galand had never frightened her before would be a lie, but this was the first time in a very long time that she found herself anxious and weary of his presence rater than being relaxed with him near.

"This life? As in one where they follow you around again? Travel with us? I don't want anything to do with them!" One hand gripping the wheel of the ship tightly, the fishwoman was unphased as the sea around them grew agitated, choppy waters jarring their once smooth sailing. Hadn't Noella instructed her to be in charge of managing Galand's emotional responses on this trip? Perhaps the tactician had misjudged just how put together the fallen Dove was. "Don't forget, those people.." Her lips curled back as if she had a bad taste in her mouth, and she shook her head. "Those monsters were not there when you needed them! They dragged you down and let you end up in a state where you were barely able to stand let alone protect yourself! You almost died! Why would you want such scum around you again?!" Maybe he was just.. confused. He'd been alone for so long that he'd clung to anything that resembled a relationship, and he'd tricked himself into thinking that these pirates had hearts. But she'd seen the aftermath of their destruction, and she knew nothing was further from the truth. But at the very least, she could protect him now.

North Lotus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:45 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ Well, to be fair, Galand is an idiot. He never expected for Astraea to lash out that firmly, and in fact, he didn’t expect her to fully lash out at all. He wasn’t aware of her lingering feelings regarding what he did as a Pirate. In fact, he wasn’t aware of himself, sitting there smiling in his reminiscence of the past. Truth be told, he should have been able to catch that. To speak plainly, and without expression, but as he remained recalling those days… he could only find even the faintest tinge of happiness from it. Everyone on the crew, he had come to like in his own way. Some for reasons different than the others. To those ends, he had even found himself being made fond of the various tavern wenches and nomads they came across, taking shelter and respite within their vessel. It was a form of home he had grown accustomed to after believing everything from before lost. So for him, listening to Astraea’s words now only bring him frustration.

Why would he want them around him again? Why?! “Because they were all I had, Astraea!” he roars looking at the woman, clearly annoyed now. He had his fill of her insults. How can she say all of this without even knowing them?! “You… I thought you were dead, damn it! I mourned after holding your body in my arms! I was left with nothing but my grief, rage...and blood. I had nothing but rancor bubbling within my breast. Each and every single moment a breathed on, I was forced to endure those fresh memories, of my family being maimed in front of me, unable to do a thing!” In anger, he shifts to his hands and knees, moving to stand himself. “I...I…” A fist slams onto the ship as his eyes widen, the right side pulsing an eerie garnet.

Trembling teeth grit as he recalls everything he endured up until now. “...They kept me in check! They helped me keep myself grounded! Bound and distracted from losing control! Yes, we did horrible things, but on my command! We fought, we destroyed, we got REVENGE, all on MY orders!” Finally, he comes to a full stand, throwing one arm to the side, causing the surrounding waters to crackle and palpitate. He stares down at Astraea with saddened anger, disappointed in her unwillingness to understand. Or maybe it’s him who is being unreasonable in the end. “All I wanted...was the make things right. I just had to kill those bastards who took you from me, so you could rest in peace. It was all I knew, Astraea! I’m a kami-damned soldier! From the start of my life ‘til now, all I know is war, and combat! It’s all I’m good for! I can’t DO anything more! It was the only course! Because I’m not like you! I didn’t get to have a happy-go-lucky li-” He ceases his words, realizing full well the severity of what he was about to say. After grabbing hold of his own face, the man heaves and huffs with shaken eyes, fighting to suppress the aggressive urges he nearly let free. Not against her. Not her. Not again. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:02 pm
User Image

XXX It was a pot about to boil over. If Astraea had been more in the mood to be reasonable and accommodating, she could have settled down with his first rebuttal to her. She'd already consoled him, explained that she did not blame him for succumbing to rage when he had been all alone and broken down. It was a horrifying scenario to imagine, and one that chilled her to the bone as the imagery flashed into her mind. It was already something she'd considered, but if it were her holding Galand in her arms, his warmth and life stolen from her would she have walked down the very same path? The mermaid was fortunate enough not to have cursed blood, but that didn't mean she didn't channel her emotions through combat like her partner did. Feeling the ship shake as Galand slammed his fist against the desk, her eyes widened in surprise, her muscles tensing as if preparing for a fight. She was working him up too much, and while she was well aware of it she felt she had to keep going. He couldn't be allowed to think that his actions, his so called "friends", were acceptable.

"In check?! All of those crimes, all of that bloodshed was them keeping you in line?! That's bullshit, Galand! They didn't do a damn thing to stop you! Certainly you know how many lives your precious crew destroyed!" How many lives he'd destroyed. But she couldn't bring herself to dwell on that, let alone speak it. To think of her Starlight as a coldhearted killer was nearly unbearable, and it was much easier to blame such events on the pirates he'd been traveling with. "THAT WASN'T REVENGE! Why don't you ever listen to me?!" The ship rocked violently side to side, the occasional wave of water splashing over the deck between the disturbances of their argument. "Killing innocent people does nothing to get back at those who actually hurt you! All you did was spread your pain and misery!" One hand still on the wheel, the woman stared defiantly up at her lover, clearly just as frustrated and enraged as him. Then, as he continued, the feelings only continued to swell, and she ground her teeth, gripping the spoke of the wheel until it snapped and splintered in her hand.

"Don't you dare! Don't you dare use me as the reason for that senseless slaughter! You think that's what I would have wanted?! You think that would have brought me peace?! I'd be turning in my grave!" Surely he knew her better than that, right? There was no way he actually thought the sacrifice of civilians would appease her own murder? For a brief moment, Astraea felt a pang of sadness in her heart that quelled her fury, and she almost responded to comfort her partner, to assure him that he was wrong and that he was so much more than what his bloodline dictated him to be. But try as he might have to halt his comment, the damage had been done. The Navigator took a small step back, looking surprised and hurt as if she'd just been struck. He thought her life was... happy-go-lucky? Yes, she'd had a better childhood than him, and had been blessed to have been brought up in relative safety surrounded by family but to have all of her struggles negated by him of all people brought upon a sense of humiliation, and tears welled up in her eyes. "Right! You're right! Ha.. Ha!" The forced laughter was awkward and clipped, and clearly the reaction of a woman deeply upset. "What do I know about suffering?! How silly of me to judge when my life has been so perfect!"

Even though they had bled together, mourned together. Even though she'd confided in him the hardships he'd been through, he still thought of her like this? After all these years. It hurt as deep as any physical cut she'd ever been dealt. Did he really not know her, or was he just trying to lash out? The former question had been bothering her more and more as of late, and she felt a fresh wave of panic that only added fuel to her fire. What if things really had changed too much? What if it started like this and ended with him not wanting her anymore? "I'm just so sorry." It was evident she was trying to keep the sharpness to her voice as it had been before, but the effect was dampened by the trembling of her words and the tears spilling down her cheeks. "How cruel of me to judge those so similar to you! All their lives shattered by the evils of life, just like yours, when I've only known butterflies and rainbows! Clearly they're the ones who should be by your side instead of me with my happy-go-lucky life!"

Though she fully understood Galand's current condition, she couldn't bring herself to move to him to try to calm him down. Hell, she needed to worry about her own state first. It took everything she had not to hop over the side of their ship to disappear into the comforting embrace of the ocean. Time and space. Still shaking with her emotions, Astraea turned suddenly away from her partner and climbed up to the edge of the crows nest, curling her knees to her chest as she wiped the tears from her face, silently staring out at the horizon line.

North Lotus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:46 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ She was right. About it all. No matter how he tries to spin the tale, no matter how he felt about the whole thing, in the end Astraea was speaking the truth to him. Piracy, murdering, pillaging, rampaging around like a beast let loose of its chains… None of that was him. He was one who always tried to avoid conflict where possible. If things could be talked out, then all for the better. But if not, so be it. He loved people, and the world abound. Yet, in his darkest hours he fell, and became someone else. Someone who reveled in the chaos he fought so hard against mere years prior. All of this deep in his heart he knows full well, but still, he said what he said. Those cruel words he could no longer take back. He tries to approach Astraea as she screams at him, trying to remedy her with words, only to be cut off by her tirade of disbelief and anger. “Wait, Angelfish, I didn’t-”

He tries over and over, but each time his own soft words are silenced, until finally she says that painful line, tearing his heart to pieces. It was at that moment he knew just how deep his words cut into her. He could only drop his arms to his side and stare forth as the mermaid runs off to be alone. For minutes Galand remains in place, paused in time to his foolishness. How could she believe he’d rather be by their side than hers? ...No, the reason is clear. The man’s own actions gave the signs, and his words sealed it. He defended them over understanding her inhibitions. “Angel- …Astraea.” he calls out weakly, trying to fight for her attention. He looks up to the crow’s nest, clearly concerned, but he dare not climb. She’s been pushed away too far. If he screws up again, she may leave him for good. In his regret, he walks to the side of the ship and slides down into a sit.

Unable to think of what to do or say, he shamefully looks to his trembling hands. “I keep doing this. I keep messing up. How much more is it going to take before I finally learn…?” he asks, questioning himself. “I was supposed to be in control, but this goddamned....!” His words exit almost like a snarl as he reaches up towards his cursed eyes, hovering just before it as he prepares to tear it from his face. That’d fix it right? If he can get rid of this thing, he can be free of this suffering. No more losing control of his emotions. No more putting up walls. He’d be free! Yet, he hesitates… Recalling the moment Astraea told him she was fond of it, he can’t bring himself to rip it away. Instead, he drops his hand, gripping it with the other in a fit of heavy breaths. “No. No more being a coward. I ran away before, and it cost me all of my friends. Not again.” Resolute, he stands himself back up and heads back over to the crow’s nest, placing a hand against the mast.

“Raea. I’m coming up, okay?” Though he waits for a response, whether he gets one or not, or is even denied entry, he’d climb up. After stepping down onto the nest, he looks at the results of his words, closing his eyes tightly before taking a breath. “Can I...sit next to you?” If she agreed, he’d slowly do just that. If not, he’d just sit across from her. There is a silence for a moment as he thinks carefully about how to words things, but in the end, he just lets it come from the heart. “Please listen to me, Angelfish. I...what I said earlier was cruel. Evil even. And as it turns out, you were right about what you said about me. I really did become someone...or something else. I never thought about it until you made me aware of it, and I just didn’t want to accept it.” He lifts his hands up and chuckles weakly to himself.

“When I clearly think back to how I used to be, I guess the me right now is a bit scary and unknown to you guys. But, I don’t know… How do I fix it? What can I do to go back to how I used to be? It’s hard to even tell the difference anymore.” His body starts to tremble ever so lightly as he thinks to himself. The moment his head lifts, and he looks to Astraea once more, the hurt only amplifies. “I don’t want to go anywhere if it’s not with you. You have always been there for me. Always. But I said something so damned cruel to you. You didn’t deserve that! It wasn’t fair, after all we’ve been through! Yet still… I… I don’t want to lose you. More than anything else, I don’t want to lose you again. Just tell me what I have to do! How can I make you smile again?! What can I do to make the hurt go away?!” Almost begging now in his desperation, he’d move to try and grab hold of one of her hands, cupping it between his with a bowed head.

Droplettes of liquid pad along the deck beneath his face as he pleads, hoping that she’d even be willing to hear him out at this point. After what he did, it wouldn’t be surprising if she didn’t push him away altogether. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:24 pm
User Image

XXX Though Astraea could hear Galand calling up to her, no doubt guilty about what he'd said, she wasn't quite ready to be receptive. Instead she remained silently, angling her body away as she watched the now gentle waves of the ocean around her, trying to find the solace she needed to calm herself down. It felt as if it all weighed so heavily upon her; the task Noella had given her to keep her fiance in check, the apprehension of no knowing what to expect when she saw Cartel, and trying to balance her compassion for the man she loved with morals she could not forsake. For the sake of those she cared about, she had to be strong, she had to carry what they gave to her, but it was wearing her down. Even the tactician had told her not to try to shoulder everything, but it seemed she was falling into the same hole once more. Though she knew she couldn't make it all alone, at the moment it felt as if she had no solid ground beneath her feet. Galand's heart, it seemed, lay elsewhere. How long had he felt the way he did? How long had he hated her for the privilege of growing up under circumstances that had been ripped way from him? Had there always been a part of him that despised her for her fortune?

The woman flinched as the one in question spoke to her, asking her permission to sit beside her. Ever so lightly Astraea nodded, though she remained turned away as she listened to his words. It wasn't as though she didn't want him by her side - quite the opposite - but she was worried such a desire might not been reciprocated and it hurt. Nevertheless, she'd hear him out, at the very least hoping that this was a sign he did wish to remain by her side. "I'm.. I'm listening." Slowly she adjusted her position to angle herself toward him, though she still held her knees to her chest. She'd mull over the very things she'd been thinking about herself, unsure of how to answer him. Yes, he'd changed, but she wasn't so sure there was anything simple that could 'fix' it. Was there even a point in trying to change him if this was just who he was now? It wasn't until he assuaged her fears about him potentially leaving her behind that she began to uncurl her body, eyes widening as his voice rose in volume and desperation. The surprise in her gaze softened to the familiar endearing expression she tended to show him, albeit still tinged with sadness and doubt. As he moved to grab her hand, the woman jolted in shock, but did not pull away from the sudden movement.

Instead, she raised her free hand to gently stroke his bowed head, her own tears gathering in her eyes once more. "It's.. It's alright, Galand.." Placing her fingers under his chin, she slowly tilted his head back up so she could look at him, wiping away his tears with her thumb before pulling him close and burying the side of her face against his neck. "I just.. I.." Raea couldn't get out more than that before she burst into tears herself, trying to tighten the grip she had on her fiance as if terrified the breeze would blow him away. "I don't want to lose you either! I.. I don't want you to resent me! I'm sorry I can't relate to how you grew up, but I always.. Always tried to..!" The rest of her words were lost in her cries, and she shook her head against him as if trying to bury herself deeper. "You're more than a soldier! Your blood doesn't define who you are, and you always used to.. Used to want to improve the world so of course I'm scared! I don't want you to like war and bloodshed! I don't want you to consort with pirates! I just want.."

The Galand she knew. But now she was aware that was impossible. Nobody could claw their way out of hell and remain the same. "I want you to be happy! But I want you to stay by my side, too! Am I.. Am I being selfish?" Drawing in a shuddering breath, the mermaid sniffled and shook her head, her body trembling slightly. "We can't go back.. No matter how much we want to, we can't go back to how things were.. I'm still me, and you're still you, but we're different. That.. That doesn't mean I don't love you! Nothing will ever change that.." But loving meant sacrificing, didn't it? "I.. I don't want to be cruel to you.. I don't want to keep you from the things and people you love, but I can't.. I just can't accept.." Biting her lip she clutched the material of Galand's uniform tightly. "I don't know what to do! I don't know what the right answer is! But please.. just.. just for a little bit at least, please stay with me like this.."

North Lotus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:05 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ The very moment where she accepts his presence next to her own lifted a heavy weight off of Galand’s heart. The breath that silently seeped from his nostrils was all he could do from letting out a sigh of relief. The man started pouring his heart out to Astraea, the love of his life, hoping and praying to whatever gods may be out there, that she’d hear his plea and accept him back into her life. To just give him one more chance to mend things. But as it turns out, as shimmering as ever, Astraea is an angel. Originally it was that he meant to comfort and lift the mermaid’s spirits, but in the end, her simple gesture of lovingly stroking his head, and telling him it’s alright...well, it’s enough to calm the storm brewing in his chest. She buries her face into his neck as she’s want to do, pouring out her heart, desires and distress all. So in return, he slowly lifts his arms, hoping he even still has the right to do so, wrapping one around her body, while the other gently strokes the back of her head.

He patiently hears her out, his heart calming as she goes on. For Galand, one thing has been made clear; they feel the same way about one another. “Angelfish, you know I could never hate you. Ever. And if I made you feel that way, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. Because even though I was so rude and difficult when we first met, you put up with it and marched on by my side. Even when I would lose control of myself in the heat of battle, you were there to bring me back. When I mourned the losses of my comrades, you mourned right along with me. You were always there, sympathizing with me, ever working to understand me. Always trying your hardest… I couldn’t ask for anything more. You are, and have always been my joy, from the moment we met, and even now.” He tightens his hold on her, feeling a lightness to his form. As if the very fibers of his body had been waiting for him to speak these words.

He takes a second, his breath ragged from his wayward emotions. Barely managing to withhold his tears. But for now, he needs to be strong. He has to say this, and set things straight. Not another moment will pass without her hearing the cries of his heart. “I’m an idiot, so you’re always forced to pick up my slack. I’m not good with chores, I couldn’t help Evelyn with her homework, I always got in the way during meetings, and I can’t seem to stand in a kitchen for five seconds before getting kick out.” he says, speaking in a bit of a lighter tone towards the end, hoping to help lighten the mood. “But what this body of mine can do is fight, and hold close my loved ones. I made a mistake, and let you go once before, Astraea. But never again. I promise you. If ever it comes down to me choosing you, or the life of a Pirate, I would sooner burn the jolly roger myself. That’s not who I am… It’s not who I want to be. I swore an oath to you, and our future together. And I mean to keep it, no matter the cost.” He declares, slowly pulling the mermaid back so she can look him in the eyes, and see his determination for herself.

He gets up drops down onto his knees before her, and holds up his hand branded by the ring signifying his side of their promised marriage. He looks to it fondly, ever so gently touching it with his other hand, recalling the day he proposed to Astraea. How happy everyone was. How in love he was with the woman. It serves to help him realize, that love never faded. Not even a bit. Rather, after everything they went through, and coming back into her life after all of this time, you could say he loves her even more than ever before. He warmly smiles before lowering his hand, and looking to his partner.

“Astraea Tethys. Hear me. I love you. With all my heart and soul, I love you. And I still wish to spend the rest of my life together with you by my side. And no matter what hardships we faced in the past, or whatever stands before us in the future, I would joyously brave them so that we can stay like this. That's if...you would still have me.” Ever awkward, and probably dorky, but it’s the only way he knows how to ask. Galand desires to make amends, and that won’t happen if he doesn’t take action. If it’s for her, pride be damned. In the end, he loves her more than all those things. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:06 pm
User Image

XXX Despite everything, it didn't take much more than the familiar sensation of Galand gently stroking her head to get Astraea to relax, and she let out a quiet sigh of relief as he welcomed her into his arms. She didn't like yelling at him, and she didn't want to come across as mean or unwilling to understand him, but sometimes his stubbornness required it. Like on days when he thought it was wise to train in the cold when he was sick, or now when he was fighting to uphold the reputation of pirates that had left such destruction in their wake. For all the love she held for him, she couldn't bring herself to fault him for it too much, and she certainly could never hate him. They'd been through so much, and by not she felt as though she knew his heart so well they were practically one. Which was why, in cases like this, it terrified her to be unable to understand him, to unsync with the person she cherished and trusted the most in this life. Knowing that he felt the same helped the woman to slowly untense her muscles, a light smile upon her lips as he listed all the moments they had been together, all the years they had been right at each others side.

"And I'll always be here.." As long as the man wished, as long as his heart did not waver when it came to desiring her presence she would remain. "You're always going to be my Starlight, and the person I look to when I'm lost or afraid." Closing her eyes, she slowly stroked her hand along her partner's back as she heard the tightness in his voice, knowing full well he was doing his best not to cry. The words that followed his touching sentiment made her laugh quietly, and she shook her head slightly, still curled against him. Okay, at times he pressed on her nerves and she thought him to be an idiot, but never in an incompetent way. More in a "I'm going to push myself so hard for the sake of others that I disregard my own safety and well being" sort of way. And as stressful as that had always been, his determination and compassion for others was one of the many reasons she loved him so. As for is kitchen skills... Well.. She just couldn't bring herself to tell him the truth. Not right now. From the bottom of her heart she adored the man, but his cooking was truly a vile act against creation.

As he pulled her back she met his gaze, smiling warmly at him and blinking away her tears. She just couldn't stay mad at him for long, especially when she knew everything he said was genuine. Before she could thank him or comment back, he dropped to his knees and she stared down in surprise at him before seeming to understand, her smile growing. Even though it had been years, the mermaid could recall the night he'd proposed to her as vividly as if it had just happened. The calming way the ship rocked over the ocean, the beautiful myriad of colors that lit the sky. The sheer amount of love she'd been overwhelmed with that night, surrounded by her friends and knowing she'd spend the rest of her life next to Galand's side. After listened to him, she dropped to her knees as well, taking his face between her hands, lightly pressing her forehead against his. "I would have you by my side forever and always, Galand Drace. I love you." Leaning forward, she gently pressed her lips to his, pulling away after a moment only to wrap her arms around him to keep him close again.

It was only now that she realized they'd been sailing for quite a while, and likely weren't far from their destination. While she was still excited to see their old friend, she couldn't get over the pit of worry churning her stomach. "Hey.. We're going to be on the island soon, and.. Well.. The two of us have changed a lot over the years. So we have to be prepared for Cartel to be different, too, okay? But no matter what, I'm going to be right here by your side, alright?"

North Lotus

Tʜᴇ Oᴄᴇᴀɴ

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces