[PRP] Light Pollution [Poeias x Deimos] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:50 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Where: Plains of New Hemisect
When: Early evening
What: A chance meeting, far from the chaos of the cities...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:02 pm
Poe knew he couldn't ever return to his old hive, not for real. He'd gotten what he needed out of it and it needed to stay abandoned for his own safety. However, a strong part of him was yearning for his old life, rustic and simple. The soft breeze of the plains sending the fresh musky scent of farmland washing over him, far from city lights and things that bothered him. He could stand quietly on the round hills and look up at the skies, free from tangled swampy trees. Maybe he could be a shepherd again, and make a new hive out here, in a different spot.

It was a bit of a pipe dream, he knew. Poe couldn't leave his friends behind but maybe they'd want to come with him. And he knew a good architect, so maybe Mahmud would want to help... the thought made his chest ache a little. It was hard to try and move on, to accept sudden changes.

The greenblood sat down in the grass, pushing his hair out of his eyes. He pulled his legs up, careful with his still-temporary leg prosthetic while his robotic limb was being fixed. The stars above shone brightly, with lovely moons clear above the plains, unobscured by the light pollution of the city.

nepsah
hey lmk how this is!

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:48 am

There was only so much mapping of the same general area a person could take before they ran out of things to map. Or went insane. One of the two. Either way, Deimos had mapped the skies over Four Fronds and the Murderwoods to hell and back it seemed, and he needed new material to work with. Besides, the more they knew about their overhead surroundings before they left the planet, the better. New Hemisect wasn't exactly high on his priority list due to the light pollution it undoubtedly gave off, but the plains outside of the city would suffice enough. Besides, primarily lowblood territory was generally easier to deal with than having to navigate the confusing world of highblood manners. Dei just didn't have time for that s**t, honestly.

The only other downside to venturing so far away from his hive for this project of his was that he had to lug all of his equipment with him. He had bugged Cerpin into buying a more mobile wagon for him- something that would traverse different terrain with greater ease than his previous one. He was a bit of a spectacle, though. A random tealblood pulling around a wagon stocked with a telescope, rolled up sheets of paper and a bunch of other gadgets. If it weren't for the mace he kept close by he might make for an easy theft target, or something.

He'd finally spotted a good hill, and was making his way up to the top of it when he spotted the other troll there. He'd like, blended in with the surroundings or something. s**t. Slowing to a stop about ten feet away, he cleared his throat. "Hey. You expectin' a bunch a other trolls out here or you here solo?" He wasn't keen on setting up camp if a bunch of other people were going to be joining this greenblood soon. That'd be such a headache... but one other person he could probably stand.

purplerosesbeauty
omg sorry sklgj dei posts get so long.........

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:29 pm
Poe turned around, visibly a bit startled by the (perceived) sudden appearance of the tealblood. He adjusted his goggles, pushing them off of his face onto his head as he looked at the other troll. "Oh! Hey! Wow, uh, no... I'm not expecting anyone, I was just... here by myself."

His friends didn't even know he was out here, again. They'd probably worry if they did, and he didn't want to concern them. Poe rubbed the back of his neck, and turned the question back to the tealblood. "Um, were you expecting someone here? I don't mean to intrude, or, anything. " He paused, tilting his head. He finally registered the things inside the wagon - gadgets and machinery looking things, sheets of paper, a telescope. Was he out here to do something? "Are you a scientist?" he asked.

nepsah
aha its fine!!

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:57 pm

Whoop. Space cadet alert. Dei remained where he was as the other troll adjusted himself. Good- this person was probably not going to be an issue, then. Usually strangers either started asking questions when he started setting up and then got bored when he got into divulging details and left... or left immediately. Seemed this one was probably going to be the former, having turned his own question back on himself. "No, just not lookin' to set up in occupied space." He shrugged, then shuffled forward a few more steps before turning to start locking the legs...wheels?? In place on his wagon. Didn't need that wandering off.

"Huh?" He looked up and over to the greenblood, then registered what he'd asked. "Oh, not really. Yeah? Maybe." He righted himself and then pulled the telescope out and began pulling the legs out and locking them at a desired height he'd long since memorized. "Here to make maps and observations, not to get my science on. That'll be for later. S'best away from the city 'n not around crowds." Telescope settled, he began digging out his papers and a surface to draw on.

The other troll was still there. Well. He was trying to be more sociable lately... "You live around here?" Might as well strike up an idle conversation until the other guy got bored or something.

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:45 pm
Poe stood up, brushin himself off vaguely. Leg ached a bit from the change in position, but he was used to it now. He was glad he wasn't messing anything up for the tealblood. He watched him set up his stuff, and walked a bit closer, curious. He never really used telescopes before, and this tealblood handled it like he'd done it a thousand times. So mechanical and rehearsed. Poe watched the other troll move. The tealblood said he wasn't a scientist but if you wrote it down it became science. That was the rule. "You make maps, wow! That's so cool," he said, clapping his hands excitedly. He'd never met someone who did that before. "Star maps? They must be, because you have a telescope!"

At the other question, he sombered a little, his hands returning idly to his side. "Oh um, not really, anymore. I used to live kinda close to here, when I was a kid? And then I moved but... I was thinking I'd like to move back here, sometime. Where I live now I feel so closed in and useless, sometimes..." he trailed off, looking at the ground. Then he perked up again, as if remembering something. "Oh! I'm Poe, by the way. I'm always forgetting, to introduce myself to other trolls."

nepsah

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:16 pm

He nodded, humming an affirmation to the other boy's question - statement? - as he pulled one last box out of the wagon. It was supposed to be for fishing, but Deimos found the many little compartments inside the tackle box to be useful for separating tools and pencils and other little gadgets. He settled it into place, then snagged a small portable easel from the wagon. "Yep, star maps. S'not really a science 'til you start labelin' 'n categorizin' stars 'n all that stuff. Any dumbass with eyes can draw a picture of the sky." Then again he supposed some trolls didn't really need their eyes to do it but it was considerably harder. He brushed that train of thought aside- the greenblood - Poe - was rambling a bit.

Oh boy. Another person who sort of talked about their feelings a lot, or at least, invite the possibility of it. Deimos seemed to attract them. "Seems like a shitty place to move to then." He paused his set up to look back over at Poe, one brow raised in an expression that said he wasn't trying to be an a**, just stating his thoughts. "The new place you're livin', I mean. If it's like, givin' you shitty feelin's 'n stuff." He shrugged a bit, then placed his clipboard with a large blank piece of mapping paper up onto the easel. "I'm Deimos. S'fine, I'm not like, super good at introductions either." Right. Where to start... He stared up overhead, trying to pick a good starting place. "Why'd you move if it wasn't somewhere better 'n where you were before?"

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:41 pm
Poe leaned to look at the box Deimos pulled out, nodding along as he spoke. When you wrote it down it became science, and labeling and categorizing... that took skills! He wasn't the organizational sort and it was fascinating to see that in another troll. Especially with such an interesting topic. "It's definitely easier when you have eyes, to draw a picture," he agreed.

Poe closed his hands, thinking about it. The brusqueness of the statement didn't seem to register and he answered plainly. "It... yeah. I guess that's true. I moved because," he paused, trying to think of a generic thing to say that didn't compromise his identity any. He rubbed the scars on his face idly, thinking about the last time he was there. "Some bad things happened there, and the new place was where all my friends went too. So it was nice here but, um. Wasn't good to stay anymore, after a while."

He found himself still watching Deimos for a bit, his eyes following his gaze to the sky and stars. Poe wasn't the sort to shy away from personal questions, either asking or receiving. "What made you wanna map the stars?" he asked. Maybe it was just that the boy in starry clothes just... really liked stars? But Poe wondered if he was the sort to want to go to space too.
nepsah

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:06 am

Aha- a good guiding star. He quickly marked it on the mapping paper in front of him, then began lightly dotting it with other nearby stars- just a sketch for now, he'd settle things into their proper place after getting a closer look at them. "So... bad s**t happened, makin' a good place not so good, so you moved but the new place ain't really all it was cracked up to be?" He paused to give Poe a questioning look. "Sounds like a mess. Gettin' a new hive sounds 'spensive though." He narrowed his eyes a little, considering it... "and like a lotta work to move all your stuff..." Just the idea of moving his own things made him shake his head. He wouldn't want to move if he could help it.

He was getting distracted- needed to focus. There was only so much time in the night to get a good look at the sky and, well, some of the time was spent just getting here. He looked back overhead. "Well, it's easier to navigate places if you make maps of 'em. And like, all the imperial stuff's okay 'n all but it's old as s**t, 'least the stuff you get in stores. So I make my own, for when I get up there." Deimos picked up a separate notebook and scribbled a few notes into it, then went back to lightly sketching out star placements on his mapping paper. "You got any interest in space travel?"

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:31 am
Poe nodded as Deimos summarized the event. "It would be a lot of work... harder to do without a construction drone to help make your hive too," he muttered. He wasn't afraid to have to do that sort of physical labor, as he used to do that all the time on his farm as a kid, constantly building and fixing things in his hive. But doing the whole thing from scratch... plus, getting the material. He didn't have a lot of beetles, and farming in the swamp wasn't a particularly lucrative position. He wrung his hands quietly for a moment. There was a reason he knew it was going to be a bit of a pipe dream to actually move.

He looked at Deimos' map, with small dots beginning to be sketched onto the paper, notes taken. Poe grinned. "Yeah! I almost went up into those ships last sweep, at the Chittentown space tower, but um. My moirail, well, she wasn't that yet, but, my friends, were - they didn't wanna be alone, on the ground crew. So I did that? But there's always gonna be time to go into space! We're just now getting off the planet again..." Next time he could go with all his friends! Even if they couldn't sneak into military stuff, they were working on their own ships and their own space tower. "So it does make sense all the old imperial maps, are old and not very good, since it's been so long, since we went up there..."

He paused. The soft sound of the pencil on paper, and the tealblood's upward gaze as he looked at the stars... "It's nice watching you make them."

nepsah
my awkward son.... likes to watch

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:14 pm

"Ugh, I hadn't thought about that. They hire 'em though, don't they?" Did they? He squinted a little as he lost focus on what he was doing to ponder over that little conundrum. He'd never really thought much about moving and whether or not it was possible to hire construction drones to build new hives- surely it must be, how else would highbloods have multiple hives? Well- they could probably hire trolls to do it... Hm. He shook his head- he was getting off track.

Mention of the space adventures earned a bit of a piqued look from him- shame Poe hadn't gone up. He sure missed out. "You must be real dedicated to 'em to ditch that experience for ground crew." He blinked, then looked back to his map in the making. Then again, all of his friends knew without a doubt there'd be no way to keep him on the ground if he had the chance to get up into the sky- never mind that most of them were also doing the same thing. "Yeah prolly, if they open up more volunteer chances or like, if you wanna hitch your wagon to that particular band. The military band, I mean. Figure they'll prolly let the officers go up before the general populace gets another chance." Was he bummed? Nooo, definitely not. No. "It was pretty cool though, even if every ********' ship was crawlin' with daywalkers and weird mutated gerbils. And a lotta slime. Somethin' about dyin' in space makes a lotta slime." He was cleaning his clothes for weeks.

He glanced back over at his shoulder at Poe, then back to the page, "is it? Figured it'd prolly bore most folks that ain't either into like, cartography or other... things... that take a lotta sketchin' 'n measurin'." Hm- this was a bit different. Aside from fellow nerds like Mahmud or Cerpin he hadn't really had much experience with people actually liking watching him do this. Except that weird orangeblood kid but that was more of an impromptu lesson than anything else and the kid totally sucked at it. "So what do you do? Like, as a Thing you focus on since it seems most trolls got at least one thing they kinda Do more than other things."

purplerosesbeauty
him good......... dei prattles on.......

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:34 am
Poe wasn't sure either, he always thought they might just hire trolls, but highbloods probably had access to drones. Maybe only ones in the military, actually? "I know trolls do that work..." Mahmud did, at least.

"Yeah! I am really dedicated!" he replied excitedly. They were his best friends, basically his family, his flock. "We're really close-knit, and they're a little younger than me, so I felt, like I needed to protect them." Poe rubbed the back of his neck again. Even if it was a while until he could go to space... it was worth it to him to have been there for his friends. They'd do the same for him, wouldn't they? He remembered the fear in Wander's eyes and the way it tugged at his pumpbiscuit, to even think of leaving her behind. "The military... not a very sound band," he mused, as if trying out a joke. "Uh, well, I mean, for someone like me, a farm boy... they probably don't need those kinds of trolls. It's um, not really my thing anyway. I'd rather wait for more volunteer stuff or..." Or for Salamire to have their own ships, their own space program. He looked back at Deimos. "Slime! Wow... Ick... I knew it was dangerous, but that, sounds like it was an adventure." He made a face, imagining strange space slime touching his skin. They probably wore suits for space but that had its own issues too.

He flapped his hands a little. "No, I like seeing people do stuff they're into! Even if I don't get it too much..." It had a bit of a hypnotic vibe to it too, the way he sketched and took notes and looked back to the sky. It was rude to not at least try to understand someone's interests, especially if it was important to them."Me? Well, it's a little weird, and I guess, very specific actually, when I think about it..." He fumbled into his pocket for a green dart, which he got out with a big grin. "I like darts, even if other people don't get the point! Oh, I also like wordplay too. You know, like jokes, and puns and, things that are fun to do with words. But I do the darts thing more, now that I, am not so bad at throwing things."

A bit stilted but not everyone needed to know about how he sawed off his horns in a blinded frenzy. "I spent a lot of time making a gun specifically for shooting them, though, I don't have that with me. But I do have these all the time, so I can look at them and play with them." He turned the dart in his hands, careful not to brandish it at the tealbood or anything. This was one with a thick, sharp tip that he'd capped. It made a good quick weapon when he needed to throw something. "There's a lot of really cool things with darts, and different kinds... I like the game ones best, even though the weapon aspect, has been something I'm working on."

nepsah
dei: what have you got there
poe, excitedly: a DART
dei: no!

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:24 pm

"Oh, that explains it." He guessed, anyway. He was used to being the youngest in his friend group- wait, that was true, wasn't it? He'd never really thought about it but even among the people he'd met around his age they were all at least a little older than he was. Huh. "Yeah... it was pretty great though." Minus a few less than savory events but hey- not like he needed to divulge the incident with Nictor to a total stranger.

He shrugged, waiting for Poe to explain what it was he liked so much. "Jokes are pretty good." He actually cracked a bit of a grin at that - Mahmud liked them too, and he often ended up laughing at them. Even the lame ones. Especially the lame ones. "But darts is new- ain't met anyone into those?" He paused his sketching, shifting a little to get a better look at the dart he was holding up with some interest.

"What's the game? I never heard of it. I'm more of a smash'em up close 'n personal kinda guy... but I did play some lazer tag at a bloodfest once that was pretty fun? 'Bout as close as I'd get to ranged experience.." Look at him, talking as if he knew a whole lot about technicalities of fighting styles. Well- he sort of did, but not as much as he was probably suggesting.

purplerosesbeauty
pffhahaha dei's like "GIMME ONE"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:58 pm
"Yeah, not too many people like darts, or at least, not the way I do." Poe was pleased that this tealblood liked his jokes, and even smiled at it! It felt like it'd been a while since he made a stranger smile at his jokes. He turned the dart a bit more, running a finger on the edge. "The game is really fun! There's lots of ways to play it too, but usually it's a score thing - you have a board with numbered rings and sections that correspond to the points, and you try to throw the dart into the spots with big numbers and the person with the most points wins. But the spots are really tiny and also you need to stand pretty far from it."

He paused, and slowly put his dart away when Deimos started talking again. "I like close weapons too, and I use one of those as my weapon, also, but I just... really like ranged stuff and shooters, I think. Lazer tag is fun! Kinda bright, but, it makes a fun noise and it's nice to do stuff like that." He beamed, remembering his times at Bloodfest playing shooters and other ranged games like that. They were great, and he loved how much better he'd gotten since he sawed off his horns. It'd be even more fun to do with another troll....

"We should do that together sometime! Play lazer tag!" he said, excited.

nepsah
one day ill do a roleplay where poe actually just plays darts the whole time

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:27 pm

"Sound real complicated..." he paused, thinking a bit before continuing, "but kinda fun. Might have to look into that sometime, then." More potential hobbies just meant more s**t to do when he couldn't sleep, which was becoming more and more frequent as of late. "Yeah, I can see the appeal." In ranged weapons, he meant. Honestly the dart game thing sounded like a good way to practice aiming without actually having to invest a lot of effort into picking out a weapon to practice with.

Poe's suggestion earned a slightly tilted head- then a nod. "Yeah, that sounds good, actually." Overhead, a few clouds were beginning to gather. Dei stared up at them for a moment before starting to pack up his gear. "Ugh, forecast was off by a few hours on the cloud cover... Can't make a map if you can't see the subject." He shrugged a bit as he started packing it all back into his wagon.

"But yeah, playing lazer tag sounds fun. Do you like... have obligations or whatever that keep you busy?" As of yet he hadn't tied himself down to anything, really. It left him free to do things whenever other people were available. "'Cause I'm free like, all the time."

purplerosesbeauty
dart competition....
almost dooone~

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out