Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:38 am
Haru Yates

Firstly, I wanted to ask if Form of Shadow allows me to meld with the shadows, of if I become like a physical dark mass? Can I move through existing shadows while in this state? (Can I traverse walls that are covered in shadows?)

yes
Haru Yates

My next question is how does Hidden Form differ from it? Is hidden form basically stealth? (Can I not move while in this state, and can I use this ability on other allies or objects to hide them, or just on myself?)

... read is really all I can say. hidden form makes it so you can't be targeted by attacks(you can still be hit but all spells that say target don't effect you)
hidden form has nothing to do with stealth really

Haru Yates

Can your physical body still be targeted while using Spirit transfer? If so, what happens to your soul if you're physical body takes damage or runs out of HP?

your OG body is basically "unconscious", you could be killed but your new body can do things to stop people from doing so
if your OG dies your spirit fades and you are dead, if the fake body dies you go back to your OG body

Haru Yates

Is this similar to what the pirate captain did to Kengo?

yeah, didn't even notice but that is exactly what this is

Haru Yates

(26)Dreadful Blessing- set the save of a allie in range to 13, after 3 of their turns they will fall unconscious
Just wanted to point out that our starting save is 13, if I am understanding things correctly, so...

yeah so the idea is that
*bobs save is at 1*
"NO bob don't die"*casts Dreadful Blessing*"fight on"
"THX m8"

if is a full heal but can also kill you

Haru Yates

(28 )Counter Counter Counter- as a reaction negate Counter Counter, can't be responded to by Counter Counter
Uh... I thought this spell was Counter Counter? (are we playing catch? lol)

it should be called Reaction Reaction Reaction, the spell is basically useless because it just negates 1 specific spell

Haru Yates

Also, how exactly does mana work? Does having your mana drained effect your ability to cast? And do I need to worry about how much mana I use up? (In other words, is my mana limited and does casting spells cost mana; like MP in a video game?)

you shouldn't need to think of it, basically if something big happens and you cast 1000 spells in 1 day, you just get mana fever

you know how I GM have fun and I basically let you do whatever

Haru Yates

Arcane (30)Reset- set your level to one and forget everything you know(past, spells, and whatever else you want), this spells won't activate if cast randomly
Can this be cast on targets other than yourself, and are the effects permanent? (When might anybody actually use this? emotion_eyebrow )

only works on yourself
the best example of this is just tokyo ghoul:RE
you wouldn't want to ever use this unless you wanted to forget something, start a new life. idk, I wanna use this for some side quests and it could be fun(also not going to say you could remember things and surpass the 15 spell limit, but like you could try)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:17 am
Xa44
Haru Yates
My next question is how does Hidden Form differ from it? Is hidden form basically stealth? (Can I not move while in this state, and can I use this ability on other allies or objects to hide them, or just on myself?)

... read is really all I can say. hidden form makes it so you can't be targeted by attacks(you can still be hit but all spells that say target don't effect you)
hidden form has nothing to do with stealth really

Stealth is kinda related to being hidden because it basically means "sneaky". It's being careful so as to avoid being noticed or detected.
But I figured you'd say that. Only one target it is.

Xa44
Haru Yates
Is this similar to what the pirate captain did to Kengo?

yeah, didn't even notice but that is exactly what this is

Epic. I'll probably be taking that spell at some point! (After I learn to conjure a fake shadow weapon if I can't already.)

Speaking of which, does this spell generate the fake weapon? (Just want to be sure.)

Xa44
Haru Yates

Also, how exactly does mana work? Does having your mana drained effect your ability to cast? And do I need to worry about how much mana I use up? (In other words, is my mana limited and does casting spells cost mana; like MP in a video game?)

you shouldn't need to think of it, basically if something big happens and you cast 1000 spells in 1 day, you just get mana fever

lol, Ok. You have at least one spell that drains a target's mana, so I was just hoping to get an idea of what kinda effect it would have on the target. (Would it inflict mana fever?) Guess I'll wait and see?

Xa44
Haru Yates

Arcane (30)Reset- set your level to one and forget everything you know(past, spells, and whatever else you want), this spells won't activate if cast randomly
Can this be cast on targets other than yourself, and are the effects permanent? (When might anybody actually use this? emotion_eyebrow )

only works on yourself
the best example of this is just tokyo ghoul:RE
you wouldn't want to ever use this unless you wanted to forget something, start a new life. idk, I wanna use this for some side quests and it could be fun(also not going to say you could remember things and surpass the 15 spell limit, but like you could try)

... Sounds like a gamble. confused  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:10 pm
Haru Yates

Stealth is kinda related to being hidden because it basically means "sneaky". It's being careful so as to avoid being noticed or detected.
But I figured you'd say that. Only one target it is.

names mean nothing really

Haru Yates

Speaking of which, does this spell generate the fake weapon? (Just want to be sure.)

as I said before that would be something that only effected how the spell looks, so it is fine

Haru Yates

lol, Ok. You have at least one spell that drains a target's mana, so I was just hoping to get an idea of what kinda effect it would have on the target. (Would it inflict mana fever?) Guess I'll wait and see?

really if your trying to inflict mana fever all you need to know is that
1. it doesn't happen til the next day
2. it can be forcefully triggered really easily

Haru Yates

yeah, it can be really cool, but don't take it unless you have a big plan of how to use it

something like your character falls off a cliff and didn't know they had the spell, so they cast it as they fall
idk it has potential to be cool so it shall stay(also filler is nice)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:06 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

yeah, it can be really cool, but don't take it unless you have a big plan of how to use it

something like your character falls off a cliff and didn't know they had the spell, so they cast it as they fall
idk it has potential to be cool so it shall stay(also filler is nice)

That's assuming you survive said fall off the cliff in the first place, right?
Don't worry, I have no plans to take it so far.

Speaking of which, do we have any plans for character death? Like what do we do if Terran dies? (I mean, considering the fact that taking down Fen is his motivation and I don't know how important hunting Fen is to the plot.) *Laughs* I wouldn't mind returning from death as a revenant, but that may be too... not cliche, per say, but weird maybe?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:31 pm
Haru Yates

If you die your dead, that's it