Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:57 am
Xa44

Quick questions about the note that Terran received:

Hows the hand writing? Is it nice cursive? is it messy?
Is the parchment that it is written on in nice crisp condition? Or is it old, stained, or torn along the edges?

What condition is the compass in? Does it look brand new, or worn by time? Does it have any marks, scratches, or artistic designs on it?

(Terran is going to be sitting by a tree for a few days, so he's really got nothing better to do other than reread/examine the letter and compass, practice his craft, meditate, and snack on jerky or something. :/ Or spongebath, I guess. He doesn't really sweat much. stare )  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:27 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44

Is the parchment that it is written on in nice crisp condition? Or is it old, stained, or torn along the edges?

What condition is the compass in? Does it look brand new, or worn by time? Does it have any marks, scratches, or artistic designs on it?

(Terran is going to be sitting by a tree for a few days, so he's really got nothing better to do other than reread/examine the letter and compass, practice his craft, meditate, and snack on jerky or something. :/ Or spongebath, I guess. He doesn't really sweat much. stare )

The letters where burned into the page, it was clearly made by someone who knows magic better then a joe
The paper is fresh

The compass is brown with a red arrow, it looks new yet somewhat old at the same time  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:48 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44

The letters where burned into the page, it was clearly made by someone who knows magic better then a joe
The paper is fresh

The compass is brown with a red arrow, it looks new yet somewhat old at the same time

Interesting... And what about the area with the tree? Is it in a clearing? Or is it in the middle of the forest?

Also, I'm getting a feeling that Terran will have wanted to bring a full bottle of wine to last until then. (taking into account the days of travel + waiting time. How long did it take him to get there, anyways?)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:59 pm
Haru Yates

It is in a small clearing  

Xa44
Captain

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:01 pm
Haru Yates
[?)

3-4 days  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:18 pm
Xa44

In that case, he would have packed a bottle. (It's about 750 ml, I assume. Supposed standard wine bottle size.) Let's see... how long would that last...? (Time to research how quickly that bottle might get empty, rofl. *starts googling stuff*)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:54 pm
Xa44
3-4 days

Haru Yates
In that case, he would have packed a bottle. (It's about 750 ml, I assume. Supposed standard wine bottle size.) Let's see... how long would that last...? (Time to research how quickly that bottle might get empty, rofl. *starts googling stuff*)

Um... how realistic would you say you want this RP world to be?

I'm still looking into how much a waterskin can actually hold on average, but the most popular result is the way they work in D&D, where they hold half a gallon (2L) and weighs about 5 lbs. Now the amount of water that people need to consume each day can vary so I'm not sure how much you think the right amount should be, but the amount you need irl is said to be at least 2L of water per day. (You may need more if you are physically active [running, fighting, walking lots, etc.]) So if Terran only has one waterskin (2L), one bottle of wine(750ml), and a flask that holds 250ml (1/3 of a bottle of wine), then that may not be enough to drink. Is there a pond, stream, clearing, fruit tree, or anything that might provide water nearby? (maybe some rain on a couple of the days?)
*fingers crossed*

Also, is the clearing in the forest west of the dark town?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:07 pm
Haru Yates

It is to the west, not far from the river(witch needs to be changed(the full map is going to be fixed soon))  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:08 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

It is to the west, not far from the river(witch needs to be changed(the full map is going to be fixed soon))

If it's not far from the river, then Terran can probably fill up his waterskin at the river as needed and then go back to the tree. (which solves the water problem. [Because wine/alcohol generally causes dehydration.])

Now I'm just thinking about obtaining food beyond the rations he's carrying. I can picture Terran killing a rabbit without much trouble (not sure what that says about his character sweatdrop ), but he's not really much of a hunter. Or a chef, for that matter, so anything he cooks is going to be pretty basic. (Basically you kill it, clean it [ideally], skin it, and put it on a roasting spit until it's cooked. Might be a good idea to drain the blood from the animal too, [to prevent it from spoiling the meat faster], but Terran may not care if he plans to cook it right away anyways. Terran's also probably a bit less concerned about animal blood and he might on rare occasions lick his fingers while preparing it. He won't outright drink it, though. Licking it off his fingers is more of a guilty pleasure type of thing that he doesn't like to admit to doing. ("It's just... wasteful, a-and nobody has to know, right?") [kinda like stealing incing off a birthday cake when you've been told not to touch it.] He feels guilty for doing it anyways, so Mother, look away.)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:17 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

If it's not far from the river, then Terran can probably fill up his waterskin at the river as needed and then go back to the tree. (which solves the water problem. [Because wine/alcohol generally causes dehydration.])

Now I'm just thinking about obtaining food beyond the rations he's carrying. I can picture Terran killing a rabbit without much trouble (not sure what that says about his character sweatdrop ), but he's not really much of a hunter. Or a chef, for that matter, so anything he cooks is going to be pretty basic. (Basically you kill it, clean it [ideally], skin it, and put it on a roasting spit until it's cooked. Might be a good idea to drain the blood from the animal too, [to prevent it from spoiling the meat faster], but Terran may not care if he plans to cook it right away anyways. Terran's also probably a bit less concerned about animal blood and he might on rare occasions lick his fingers while preparing it. He won't outright drink it, though. Licking it off his fingers is more of a guilty pleasure type of thing that he doesn't like to admit to doing. ("It's just... wasteful, a-and nobody has to know, right?") [kinda like stealing incing off a birthday cake when you've been told not to touch it.] He feels guilty for doing it anyways, so Mother, look away.)

Kkkkkkkkkkkk.....(you do know he probably will be there for about 3 days at most, time doesn't flow the same)  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:25 pm
Xa44
Kkkkkkkkkkkk.....(you do know he probably will be there for about 3 days at most, time doesn't flow the same)

So how many hours are in a day in the RP world? (I get the feeling you may have told me before, but I can't remember.)

And does the "3 days at most" include both the travel time and the wait time, or just the wait time? (because isn't the trip there at least a day alone?)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:59 pm
Haru Yates

So how many hours are in a day in the RP world? (I get the feeling you may have told me before, but I can't remember.)

And does the "3 days at most" include both the travel time and the wait time, or just the wait time? (because isn't the trip there at least a day alone?)

It isn't really all that important, nothing beforehand counts to the RP  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:08 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

No, but it may affect how Terran is feeling when something does happen. (Good mood, bad mood, thirsty, irritable... exhausted.) I just like to know how long it's been since he left his house.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:13 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

No, but it may affect how Terran is feeling when something does happen. (Good mood, bad mood, thirsty, irritable... exhausted.) I just like to know how long it's been since he left his house.

A few days, maybe just the travel, this isn't really the time for this question  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:06 am
Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

A few days, maybe just the travel, this isn't really the time for this question

No? I thought it counted as events leading up to the RP.
~But I'll drop it for a while if that's what you want.  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff