Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:49 pm
Haru Yates
*I made this thread a "Sticky" so that it will stay at the top of the forum. (Not that there are nearly enough threads to bump it off the page, but it's fine. We can change it back to a normal thread after it's served it's purpose.)

here is what is closestto
Also arcane is what Tona uses  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:00 pm
Haru Yates

Oh, the irony! Tona and Shiki are the same personality type and, if I remember correctly, Alex and Kengo are the same personality type too! (do opposites attract or what?) emotion_awesome

Lol thats extra great because alex sees shiki as being his onlybest friend and because of some side thing in EP2 I have kengo as being the person tona is 2nt closest to out of everyone in the party
Haru Yates
Fun-fact: My personality type IRL is INFP-A. So I'm the introverted version of Tona and Shiki! 3nodding

Even though being extroverted is like there main thing lol also I'm really surprised tona and kate are only 1 letter apart but kinda makes sense because internally I think of it as
Tona=deredere
Kate=tsundere
Edit-just checked and I'm a INTP-T  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:07 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Oh, the irony! Tona and Shiki are the same personality type and, if I remember correctly, Alex and Kengo are the same personality type too! (do opposites attract or what?) emotion_awesome

Lol thats extra great because alex sees shiki as being his onlybest friend and because of some side thing in EP2 I have kengo as being the person tona is 2nt closest to out of everyone in the party
Haru Yates
Fun-fact: My personality type IRL is INFP-A. So I'm the introverted version of Tona and Shiki! 3nodding

Even though being extroverted is like there main thing lol also I'm really surprised tona and kate are only 1 letter apart but kinda makes sense because internally I think of it as
Tona=deredere
Kate=tsundere
Edit-just checked and I'm a INTP-T

I had no idea that Alex thought of Shiki that way! lol. Maybe I should send Shiki after him the next time he wanders off to brood again, lol!
Looks like the main difference between those 2 letters (between Tona and Kate) is that Kate mostly thinks with her head and Tona mostly thinks with her heart. cat_3nodding

Xa44
Haru Yates
*I made this thread a "Sticky" so that it will stay at the top of the forum. (Not that there are nearly enough threads to bump it off the page, but it's fine. We can change it back to a normal thread after it's served it's purpose.)

here is what is closestto
Also arcane is what Tona uses

The link didn't show me anything. (The link does work, but it doesn't show me anything except a search bar for cards. ...Should I be looking for a specific card?)
So I'm gonna guess it's like non-elemental magic, kinda like "magic missile", right?

If I could ask for one more thing: would you be able to tell me how the elemental system works? For example, does each element have a strength and a weakness? (and if so, what are they?) Is each element equally strong, or are some superior? And what powers and/or magic might fall under each element's domain? (eg, fire=fire, explosion, and heat; Ice=cold and freezing; Earth =crystals, sand, stone, earthquakes, and metal; wood=plants and poison [maybe]; light/holy=dispel, cure, radience... etc.)
Also, are darkness and void essentially the same thing? (Oh, please, please say yes!)

Sorry for burdening you with so many questions and stuff! sweatdrop

Finally, I'm goint to post this link in the first post too. It's a link to a guide for using BBCode, incase you guys find it useful. (Trust me, it's fairly useful.)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:36 pm
Haru Yates

The link didn't show me anything. (The link does work, but it doesn't show me anything except a search bar for cards. ...Should I be looking for a specific card?)
So I'm gonna guess it's like non-elemental magic, kinda like "magic missile", right?

Type the word fire and it will show you all the fire spells in that game also there is no non-elemental that would be a type of arcain if you want a generic spell

Haru Yates
If I could ask for one more thing: would you be able to tell me how the elemental system works? For example, does each element have a strength and a weakness?

The weakness is logic, here what I mean if there is a wall of ice fire can counter that and ice can put out a fire
Haru Yates
Is each element equally strong, or are some superior?

Generally no but socially light is the best and dark is the worst
Haru Yates
And what powers and/or magic might fall under each element's domain? (eg, fire=fire, explosion, and heat; Ice=cold and freezing; Earth =crystals, sand, stone, earthquakes, and metal; wood=plants and poison [maybe]; light/holy=dispel, cure, radience... etc.)

Any spell can have an explosive attack, but yeah what you said
Haru Yates
Also, are darkness and void essentially the same thing?

yes  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:35 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Type the word fire and it will show you all the fire spells in that game also there is no non-elemental that would be a type of arcain if you want a generic spell

oOoh, that's handy, but I still don't get it. emotion_facepalm There are just so many spells to go through that I'm not really sure where to start! When I said non-elemental, I meant that it seems like arcane would include things that simply don't fall under any of the other elements. Things like illusions or mind tricks, enchantments and charms (and anything to do with items, really), alchemy and transmutation, polymorph or transformations, portals, divination (including scrying), various cantrips, and pure energy spells.

Xa44
Haru Yates
If I could ask for one more thing: would you be able to tell me how the elemental system works? For example, does each element have a strength and a weakness?

The weakness is logic, here what I mean if there is a wall of ice fire can counter that and ice can put out a fire

The catch with that example is that in order for ice to put out fire, it either has to smother it like dirt, or melt. If it melts, than it becomes water's domain. I personally usually consider ice to be a sub-element of water, but I know that lots of other RPGs keep it separate, so whatever works best for your world. (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor has a system where fire and and ice are both strong and weak against each other, but 'ice' tends to include water in that game... *shrugs* I'll just use my intuition and logic then. (I'll assume that dark/void is weak to holy, but that shadow is also weak and strong agains fire depending on whether or not the flames make the shadows larger or smaller!)
Xa44
Haru Yates
Is each element equally strong, or are some superior?

Generally no but socially light is the best and dark is the worst
tab heart For some reason, this makes me happy!
Xa44
Haru Yates
And what powers and/or magic might fall under each element's domain? (eg, fire=fire, explosion, and heat; Ice=cold and freezing; Earth =crystals, sand, stone, earthquakes, and metal; wood=plants and poison [maybe]; light/holy=dispel, cure, radience... etc.)

Any spell can have an explosive attack, but yeah what you said.
Ok, so what about these elements:
Water
Air
Dark/void
Lightning
Arcane

Xa44
Haru Yates
Also, are darkness and void essentially the same thing?

yes
tab 4laugh Yay! I may just call it void then...(sounds cooler/more epic to me!)

Ok, I gotta go now! (I have a cosplay to make, so wtf am I doing online again??? emotion_0A0 )  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:46 pm
Haru Yates

oOoh, that's handy, but I still don't get it. emotion_facepalm There are just so many spells to go through that I'm not really sure where to start! When I said non-elemental, I meant that it seems like arcane would include things that simply don't fall under any of the other elements. Things like illusions or mind tricks, enchantments and charms (and anything to do with items, really), alchemy and transmutation, polymorph or transformations, portals, divination (including scrying), various cantrips

You don't need to really look at those spells if you wanna use the spells there you can but just gave you that because you asked for what is closest to

Haru Yates
The catch with that example is that in order for ice to put out fire, it either has to smother it like dirt, or melt. If it melts, than it becomes water's domain. I personally usually consider ice to be a sub-element of water, but I know that lots of other RPGs keep it separate, so whatever works best for your world. (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor has a system where fire and and ice are both strong and weak against each other, but 'ice' tends to include water in that game... *shrugs* I'll just use my intuition and logic then. (I'll assume that dark/void is weak to holy, but that shadow is also weak and strong agains fire depending on whether or not the flames make the shadows larger or smaller!)

And if the ice melts the castet would lose control but still you get my point, be smart and it works

Haru Yates
Ok, so what about these elements:
Water
Air
Dark/void
Lightning
Arcane

Well air pressure can be "explosive" and arcane is everything  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:47 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

oOoh, that's handy, but I still don't get it. emotion_facepalm There are just so many spells to go through that I'm not really sure where to start! When I said non-elemental, I meant that it seems like arcane would include things that simply don't fall under any of the other elements. Things like illusions or mind tricks, enchantments and charms (and anything to do with items, really), alchemy and transmutation, polymorph or transformations, portals, divination (including scrying), various cantrips

You don't need to really look at those spells if you wanna use the spells there you can but just gave you that because you asked for what is closest to
Yeah, nope. I was just looking for examples of Arcane, but there were just soooo many! I couldn't tell you what I was looking at or looking for!

Xa44
Haru Yates

And if the ice melts the caster would lose control, but still you get my point. Be smart and it works.
Ahh, I see what you're getting at now~ I think I understand that now.

Xa44
Well air pressure can be "explosive" and arcane is everything
... Well, that covers air, at least.
When you say "arcane is everything", are you saying that arcane literally covers all elements like an umbrella? And yet it's it's own element? Isn't that a little... game breaking? ...Unless you mean everything else with some overlaping powers. (like time, physics (disruption), psionics (including telekinesis), pure energy manipulation, invisible force/burst, whatever Doctor Strange's abilities are, knowledge, divination [all sorts, including scrying], portal creation, mind manipulation, teleportation, shape-shifting/transformation/polymorph, enchantments/charms, potions, synthesis, alchemy/transmutations, illusion, energy bursts, summons, etc...)

Updated elements list:

Fire fire manipulation/creation (pyrokinesis), explosion, heat/melting, burn, ignition, spontaneous combustion, firespouts, create light (fire), immunity to fire (caster), magma

Water water manipulation/creation, manipulate natural liquids, movement through water, float, waterspout, rain, whirlpool, water pressure/currents, possible corrosion/erosion by water over time.

Ice cold/freezing, ice creation/manipulation, shatter ice, shrapnel, freeze terrain and/or objects, bind, frostbite, entrapment

Earth stone/earth creation/manipulation (including crystals, sand, metal, rock, dirt, mud, etc.), quake, quicksand, reshape/modify terrain, create golems, geomancy (divination using crystals), rockslide, mudslide, diamond, barrier/wall

Wood nature, conjure/control plants (anything to do with vegetation), intuitive knowledge of plants, poison, first aid/healing, cure, growth, communication with wildlife, decomposition

Air wind (create/control), wind direction, storms, tornado/whirlwind, flight/levitation, movement/travel within wind, gas/fog/mist/cloud manipulation, air pressure manipulation.

Lightning control/conjure lightning, shoot lightning, static, electrocution, absorb/ground electricity, magnetism, short-circuits, extreme speed, bright flash/light, thunder. activate or turn on/off electric devices (including automations), paralysis

Holy/Light dispel darkness, exorcise/dispel spirit, break curse, cure/restore, revive, radiance, divination (especially divine guidance), communicate with spirits, barrier, projection, create light, blind (bright light), possibly lasers

Dark/void shadow manipulation (create/conjure/control), absorb light, travel/hide within shadows (become shadow or camouflage), silence, bind (through shadow), blind, tangible shadows/darkness, rot, necromancy/animate corpses, summon spirits.

Arcane  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:29 pm
Haru Yates

(Ok... my phone just updated... *******************)
Updated elements list:
Fire fire manipulation/creation, explosion, heat, burn, ignition, spontaneous combustion, firespouts, fireproof, create light (fire)

Water water manipulation (among other liquids) and creation, movement through water, waterspout, rain, water pressure.

Ice cold/freezing, ice creation/manipulation, shatter ice, shrapnel, freeze terrain and/or objects

Earth stone/earth creation/manipulation (including crystals, sand, metal, rock, dirt, mud, etc.), quakes, quicksand, carve in stone, reshape/modify terrain, create golems, geomancy (divination using crystals), rockslide

Wood nature, conjure/control plants (anything to do with vegetation), intuitive knowledge of plants, poison, healing, growth, communication with wildlife

Air wind (create/control), storms, tornadoes/whirlwinds, flight/levitation, movement/travel (via wind), gas/fog/mist manipulation, air pressure manipulation.

Lightning control/conjure lightning, shoot lightning, static, electrocution, absorb/ground electricity, magnetism, short-circuits, extreme speed, bright flash/light, thunder. activate or turn on/off electric devices (including automations)

Holy/Light dispel darkness, exorcise/dispel evil, cure/restore, revive, radiance, divination (especially divine guidance), communicate with spirits, barrier, create light, blind (bright light), lazer beam (possibly)

Dark/void shadow manipulation (create/conjure/control), absorb light, travel/hide within shadows (become shadow or camouflage), silence, bind (through shadow), blind, tangible shadows/darkness, necromancy/animate corpses, summon spirits.

Arcaneenergy pluses, charm, mind control, enchantment/strengthen materials, teleport, chaos type things, levitation, sleep, psychic type things  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:46 pm
Xa44
Arcaneenergy pluses, charm, mind control, enchantment/strengthen materials, teleport, chaos type things, levitation, sleep, psychic type things

Ah, so I'm not wrong about arcane then! (That was the answer I was looking for!) Thanks!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:07 pm
Xa44

I tweaked it just slightly. Let me know how you feel about this as a final list.

Updated elements list:
(*Elemental powers/abilities are not limited to the items listed.)

Fire fire manipulation/creation (pyrokinesis), explosion, heat/melting, burn, ignition, spontaneous combustion, firespouts, create light (fire), immunity to fire (caster), magma

Water water manipulation/creation, manipulate natural liquids, movement through water, float, waterspout, rain, flood, whirlpool, water pressure, water currents, possible corrosion/erosion by water over time.

Ice cold/freezing, ice creation/manipulation, shatter ice, shrapnel, freeze terrain and/or objects, bind, frostbite, entrapment

Earth stone/earth creation/manipulation (including crystals, sand, metal, rock, dirt, mud, etc.), quake, quicksand, reshape/modify terrain, create golems, geomancy (divination using crystals), rockslide, mudslide, diamond, barrier/wall

Wood nature, conjure/control plants (anything to do with vegetation), intuitive knowledge of plants, poison, first aid/healing, cure, growth, communication with wildlife, decomposition

Air wind (create/control), wind direction, storms, tornado/whirlwind, flight/levitation, movement/travel within wind, gas/fog/mist/cloud manipulation, air pressure manipulation.

Lightning control/conjure lightning, shoot lightning, static, electrocution, absorb/ground electricity, magnetism, short-circuits, extreme speed, bright flash/light, thunder. activate or turn on/off electric devices (including automations), paralysis

Holy/Light dispel darkness, exorcise/dispel spirit, break curse, cure/restore, revive, radiance, divination (especially divine guidance), communicate with spirits, barrier, projection, create light, blind (bright light), possibly lasers

Dark/void shadow manipulation (create/conjure/control), absorb light, travel/hide within shadows (become shadow or camouflage), silence, bind (through shadow), blind, tangible shadows/darkness, rot, necromancy/animate corpses, summon spirits.

Arcane energy manipulation, energy pluses/bursts, charm, mind control/manipulation, enchantments, (includes strengthening materials/objects), teleportation, portals, chaos power, levitation, sleep, psychic power (includes psionics [like telekinesis] and divination), transformation/polymorph, alchemy, summoning, random spells(roll from a pool of 100 or maybe 1000)  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:41 pm
Haru Yates

Cools  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:22 pm
Haru Yates

Arcane energy manipulation, energy pluses/bursts, charm, mind control/manipulation, enchantments, (includes strengthening materials/objects), teleportation, portals, chaos power, levitation, sleep, psychic power (includes psionics [like telekinesis] and divination), transformation/polymorph, alchemy, summoning, random spells(roll from a pool of 100 or maybe 1000)

Made a quick fix  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:31 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Made a quick fix

(taking a break from my cosplay to post really quick...)
Cool. Updated.

About Terran's home town... So far, we know that it's a place that has been affected by war in a negative way. (It was 'caught up in the crossfire', per say). The town has had a hard time recovering and supplies are scarce. We also know that this land is covered in dark energy, and that illness is commonplace in this town. Would you like me to come up with the rest of the details/descriptions for his hometown?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:18 pm
Haru Yates

You do you m8, here is another random fact about there, most of the farmland is located outside the city and the reason that the land just outside of the city is ao highly valued is because of the dark energy in the city pushes life out to the ends and that is what a large part of the war was over, also during the war the city itself was never actually attacked(soldiers may have stolen things from in the city and killed people that but no outright attacks)  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:35 am
Xa44
Haru Yates

You do you m8, here is another random fact about there, most of the farmland is located outside the city and the reason that the land just outside of the city is ao highly valued is because of the dark energy in the city pushes life out to the ends and that is what a large part of the war was over, also during the war the city itself was never actually attacked(soldiers may have stolen things from in the city and killed people that but no outright attacks)

I didn't actually think that they were fighting in the war themselves, but I did wonder what they were fighting over, so thank you for clarifying that for me! I would also like to point out that it might be better if the place is a town and not a city. (A city has a population of 100,000+, while a small town has a population of 1,000-20,000. A large town would fall in between those two. [source: wikipedia's article on Settlement hierarchy]) I know that whether or not a place is a city or a town can be debatable, but I can't imagine it being populated enough to be considered a city. This also means that I don't imagine the place to have a very detailed government system. I'd imagine that a town council would work best given the town's current situation, but if you have something else in mind (like a king or something), then let me know.

Now, for the dark energy that pushes the life out to the ends, I assume that you mean to the edges or outskirts of the city/town. This means that the land outside the town is fertile and good for farming, while the land that the town sits on is constantly in a state where it is being drained and the people there would be affected by this, right? So how might this affect the lives of the people living there?
Is it safe to assume that side effects of the dark energy--and thus, the lack of life energy--would include manifestations of various illnesses including physical illnesses, and mental illnesses including depression and/or madness. (If that is true, then Terran's being a half-vampire [um... half-undead-ish?] definitely helps his resist those effects.)

Finally, how long ago was that war (10 years ago, 20 years ago...?) and did anybody win that war? Who owns the land on the outskirts of the town now? (I'm assuming that that land doesn't really belong to the town's residents, and if it's anything like real life, then I'd imagine that it's quite a walk to travel to the farms on the outskirts anyways...)  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff