Enter a world with Merpeople & Humans 

Tags: Mermaids, Magic, Adventure, Drama, High School 

Reply A Mermaid's Tale
Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What type of guild event do you want to see?
  It's Autumn! How about Halloween-themed one?
  A Thanksgiving event like some sort of feast would be cool.
  I don't care that it's Autumn, why not something general? (Like a festival)
  What about a Fantasy-Themed event for mermaids/other creatures?
  A variation that has been done before - A school dance or ball. (A Masquerade Ball?)
  Could we time-skip to winter or spring and do an event related to those seasons instead?
  An event that introduces Villains! Pirates and Sea-witches invade Frances shore, and people have to work together to stop them!
  Other [Please describe what it is you want]
View Results

Savania Shadowspawn

Sparkly Star

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:42 am
SapphireUmbra
Starlotte
SapphireUmbra
Savania Shadowspawn

I don't mind, Just keep in mind Alexandra is 18, so yeah- be wary of a possible age-gap.
The only issue I'm seeing with the No School thing- I've had something similar at my school and a Conference Day meant teachers still had to go, so your character would be stuck at the school. Plus, they don't have conference days in college.

My idea is to have it be Columbus Day; and have it fall on the same day as the Harvest Moon or something like that and let there be an event (A ball- I like the idea of a Masquerade) to celebrate.

I would say to make your character teach at the college, but I don't think Alexandra has class there or school at all- She works as a waitress.

Okay, cool-
So we're looking at a teacher type of character. I've played them once before, but I was in a more fantasy-esque setting. Like all the classes and stuff were 'magic' based (ex. The study of magical creatures). But I haven't RPed a teacher in a legit school setting. Although, if he's younger he wont be all that experienced in the profession anyway. I'm still debating on what race/species this character will be. As Gary-stu as it sounds, I'm thinking of either making him a hybrid or some sort of celestial (like an Aasimar from Dnd). xp

I have severe writer's block. If you've all got suggestions I'll take them.

If you made him half-celestial (angel?) or whatever it's probably fine. Or- what if..since it's an alternate universe and all- you could make the child of one of your characters. Wasn't Cygnus a Sky-maid? Like, basically a mermaid, but in the clouds instead of the ocean? I dunno, but if you're really bent on making a hybrid character that lives a long time you could say they're half-vamp or some nonsense..

As long as your character is still challenged by the narrative and can still get hurt, I don't see him as a Mary-sue/Gary-stu.

Haha, that's reassuring.
And yes, in the World of Adventure, Cygnus is best friends with a vampire- So maybe she would have met someone in Aura's clan and somehow had a child? I guess it could work. Maybe he could be Aura's nephew. xp

Man, that kinda sounds too much, but now I'm really tempted to give that type of character a go.

EDIT: These are the characters I'm referring to; Cygnus & Aura
Oh shoot, now that I think about it- These two are pirates! Does that mean my character could secretly be a pirate like that? Oh no, here I go again..

Go for it!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:27 am
SapphireUmbra
Miss Shadow Night

IIIustrious

AnimusHelixRebirth

GuenivereOrion

Luminiss

Savania Shadowspawn

Starlotte

Just letting you all know I created a poll at the top.
I'm going to use it to determine what sort of event we should try for new members.

The only problem I'm met with is that I believe the current day is Sunday in the RP; so that means there'll be school during the next RP day. :/
We could make it a holiday so that there isn't school, but I don't know what month or actual # day the RP is in. I just know the season and day of the week.

If we choose to time-skip to the next day or even several days ahead; we could do a thing that the staff used to do in my old high school. It's called "Superintendent's Conference Day", which is where the Teachers all get together and have meetings all day at the school- and there is no class for students.

Speaking of school, I'm seeing an issue of lack of teachers, too.
I kind of want to make 'one' character that will fulfill multiple roles.
Is there an age-limit for a teacher?

Because I could (hear me out), make a character whose around 20 (probably not older than 25 though, cause I don't want there to be a wide age gap between him and Alexandra) and have him work at the school. I could argue he's some kind of being other than human or he's just smart and got ahead. (Cause even 20 seems young for a teacher..)

I do agree. I already have a teacher. Helix has the others. As of now I am releasing but might create another teacher if you want me to do it.  

Miss Shadow Night
Crew

Fashionable Gaian

26,315 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Miss Shadow Night
Crew

Fashionable Gaian

26,315 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:35 am
SapphireUmbra
Miss Shadow Night
SapphireUmbra

IIIustrious

AnimusHelixRebirth

GuenivereOrion

Luminiss

Savania Shadowspawn

Starlotte

Hi there! What do you guys think about the profile rule? I mean like if more then one character. Just keep them in one place for the other characters that you guys have. Like miss shadow night's characters. I know that some of us do it but mostly others don't do it. Because it is hard to keep track of them if in one place.

Edited: I meant different places.

I don't mind it, but I did keep some of my recent characters separate because I don't know who I'll contintue to play. I know for sure I'll keep playing as Prince Stephan, but I'm not sure about Venus. She wasn't a bad character, but being cooped up in the house with her sitting there watching Lena get yelled at was kinda odd for me. Like I tried to make Venus seem like she wanted to help, but I don't think it really worked very well. I think it just made Venus seem obsessive in a way. I want to continue stephan because he has a violin to give Lena.

I know and I can understand the whole thing about Lena and Stephen. But as of now Noel have to deal with Lena too. In a way that it does goes in circles.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:25 pm
I haven't been able to be as active due to my laptop being out of working order but a festival sounds cool!  

Avelina Storm

Fashionable Informer

Miss Shadow Night
Crew

Fashionable Gaian

26,315 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:45 pm
Avelina Bell
I haven't been able to be as active due to my laptop being out of working order but a festival sounds cool!

Sorry for the lone reply. But Festival is good to have but there are others or more to add to it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:28 pm
Hey guys! It's been forever!
I see the guild is still up, and the captain (along with a few other members) are still active.

My mom had to get emergency surgery
so I haven't been able to get on Gaia in the past few months.
Sorry about that. sweatdrop

Looking back, I kinda remember playing as one character,
but then a day change happened. He was a kid named urchin.
After the day change, I asked what would've happened to him,
since he's still a child (not old enough to wander the streets alone).

-What Day is it in the RP?
    -What events are currently going on? (I read some and keep seeing characters talk about black rain?)

Because I'm a little lost, I also want to ask what type of character is needed.
I feel like playing as a small child would be very limiting to me now.
I'm tempted to start fresh and make a single OC, and then
branch out into more charas (or play urchin again) when I am used to the guild.

I also kind of want the character I make to have a love interest,
but I dunno how possible that is depending on what's actually happening in the guild right now.

I just don't want to end up making more than one character and forgetting about them
since I won't be super active until the summertime.
Still, I'll try to reply as often as I can.

Miss Shadow Night

AnimusHelixRebirth

GuinevereOrion

SapphireUmbra

Ravyn Thyme

Arya Clerateal

Jupiter Dragonfly

Dapper Gaian

Miss Shadow Night
Crew

Fashionable Gaian

26,315 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:59 pm
Jupiter Dragonfly
Hey guys! It's been forever!
I see the guild is still up, and the captain (along with a few other members) are still active.

My mom had to get emergency surgery
so I haven't been able to get on Gaia in the past few months.
Sorry about that. sweatdrop

Looking back, I kinda remember playing as one character,
but then a day change happened. He was a kid named urchin.
After the day change, I asked what would've happened to him,
since he's still a child (not old enough to wander the streets alone).

-What Day is it in the RP?
    -What events are currently going on? (I read some and keep seeing characters talk about black rain?)

Because I'm a little lost, I also want to ask what type of character is needed.
I feel like playing as a small child would be very limiting to me now.
I'm tempted to start fresh and make a single OC, and then
branch out into more charas (or play urchin again) when I am used to the guild.

I also kind of want the character I make to have a love interest,
but I dunno how possible that is depending on what's actually happening in the guild right now.

I just don't want to end up making more than one character and forgetting about them
since I won't be super active until the summertime.
Still, I'll try to reply as often as I can.

Miss Shadow Night

AnimusHelixRebirth

GuinevereOrion

SapphireUmbra

Ravyn Thyme

Arya Clerateal

Hi there!! The guild is still in a standstill. Not much has happen only when evil came along. So right now it is evil. The guild is continues but idk what day. It has been a long time since the day change. We might have to do the day change.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:48 pm
AnimusHelixRebirth

Miss Shadow Night

Harriet_Houdini

Jupiter Dragonfly

GuenivereOrion

IIIustrious

Luminiss

Savania Shadowspawn

Starlotte

Avelina Bell

Ravyn Thyme

Wind Hime Princess

Arya Clerateal

Hey guys! I returned to simply just check in on the guild. I apologize for my recent inactivity. I don't have as much free-time as I used to, and I'll be getting a part-time job in the summer. So it seems I still won't be able to continue to RP here anymore. For that, I apologize. I really should have spoken sooner.

When I logged onto gaia yesterday for the first time in months, I was met with a message questioning the guild's lore. I did my best to explain it, but I'm not sure if it was accurate. Because of this, I'd like to suggest a way to keep track of lore better - whether that be optional character journals or maybe a separate topic for a guild newspaper so to speak.

Also, the date of the RP has been set to October 28th for nearly 8 months. I think it's about time the date is changed. We can skip ahead to the next day or a bit further if that's preferred. Please let me know what you guys think.

SapphireUmbra

Dapper Vampire

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Dressed Up 200

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:26 am
I changed my mind on the whole evil thing in the RP Guild, I want the guild to return to the school life storyline that we know and love. Once the villains event is over & I see that the Heroes win, the get victims rescued & freed from corruptions and the villains banished into the Realm of Darkness, I don't want to see any more evil in the guild anymore.

So I want this evil thing in the RP Guild to stop. So, as of now, I'm changing the ending of the Villains Event that's ongoing to see that the Heroes win, the victims get rescued & freed from corruptions and the villains get banished into the Realm of Darkness. Once this event is completed, it'll take some time to repair the damages that were done.

There's so many story ideas that have in mind such as integrating an Open World system into the RP but until this Villains event matter is solved, that Idea of mine will have to be put on hold along with the normal life story.  
A Mermaid's Tale

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff