Enter a world with Merpeople & Humans 

Tags: Mermaids, Magic, Adventure, Drama, High School 

Reply A Mermaid's Tale
Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What type of guild event do you want to see?
  It's Autumn! How about Halloween-themed one?
  A Thanksgiving event like some sort of feast would be cool.
  I don't care that it's Autumn, why not something general? (Like a festival)
  What about a Fantasy-Themed event for mermaids/other creatures?
  A variation that has been done before - A school dance or ball. (A Masquerade Ball?)
  Could we time-skip to winter or spring and do an event related to those seasons instead?
  An event that introduces Villains! Pirates and Sea-witches invade Frances shore, and people have to work together to stop them!
  Other [Please describe what it is you want]
View Results

GuenivereOrion
Vice Captain

Blessed Friend

10,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:45 pm
Miss Shadow Night
GuenivereOrion
Miss Shadow Night
GuenivereOrion
Miss Shadow Night

So your saying with the people that are married and have children they need to have more edepth behind their relationships? If so I can explain any easy fix for you pm all the people who are your partners and you two need to find the approriate relationship that your characters would have towards one another whether its formal or even extremely lovey dovey that way it wont seem akward or hard for your character to interact with their significant other.

In a way your right on the money. not too much above kiss or hug. Because one person just only have both parents as their characters then they will not inter act much only if someone is the mother or the father. It is just a though. In a way that it works out for every if they are planning on doing anything love.

Well that does make it easier when it is two different people unless someone is used to playing a couple all the time and has been doing it for awhile. But I mean I think we should get a list of all the parents that are actual parents in the rp see who is playing whom and get everyone at least playing 1 of the parents unless that person would like to keep their characters I dont wanna take anyone away from their characters. And like I suggested pm and discuss the relationship these parents already have with one another they are suppose to already have established actual relationships and have grown up and raised children together they should have some kind of martial relationship together. having been married myself to my own husband for 5 years now I know marriage isn't just acting like your meeting each other for the first time. You both have a history together and know one another in great depth so its good to find out important information about your partner.

Pm is great too. So what else do you think about the thoughts?

as far as the other thoughts they are fine with me  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:46 pm
GuenivereOrion
Miss Shadow Night
GuenivereOrion
Miss Shadow Night
GuenivereOrion
Miss Shadow Night

So your saying with the people that are married and have children they need to have more edepth behind their relationships? If so I can explain any easy fix for you pm all the people who are your partners and you two need to find the approriate relationship that your characters would have towards one another whether its formal or even extremely lovey dovey that way it wont seem akward or hard for your character to interact with their significant other.

In a way your right on the money. not too much above kiss or hug. Because one person just only have both parents as their characters then they will not inter act much only if someone is the mother or the father. It is just a though. In a way that it works out for every if they are planning on doing anything love.

Well that does make it easier when it is two different people unless someone is used to playing a couple all the time and has been doing it for awhile. But I mean I think we should get a list of all the parents that are actual parents in the rp see who is playing whom and get everyone at least playing 1 of the parents unless that person would like to keep their characters I dont wanna take anyone away from their characters. And like I suggested pm and discuss the relationship these parents already have with one another they are suppose to already have established actual relationships and have grown up and raised children together they should have some kind of martial relationship together. having been married myself to my own husband for 5 years now I know marriage isn't just acting like your meeting each other for the first time. You both have a history together and know one another in great depth so its good to find out important information about your partner.

Pm is great too. So what else do you think about the thoughts?

as far as the other thoughts they are fine with me

Oh okay. Glad somethings are working out!  

Miss Shadow Night
Crew

Fashionable Gaian

26,315 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Miss Shadow Night
Crew

Fashionable Gaian

26,315 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:09 pm
Savania Shadowspawn
Miss Shadow Night

Well, I just read the first Episode of the RP I did in the old Mermaid's tale guild and I found out that Rina Toin is apparently Alexandra's sister? I'm writing Alexandra as an 18-year-old rather than someone whose 15, and in her backstory, I'll probably include some things from the Old RP (her past).

I do believe Rina is from mermaid melody as well just like Gaito so maybe there could be some conflict there if he's supposed to be the villian? Especially if he finds out about Alexandra. (I'm not sure who plays Rina so I might have to ask about Alexandra being related to her.)

Correction: no Rina and Alexandra was not sisters. It was only in the guild that they made it sisters but no they were not sisters.

I had to look it up. Because in the anime itself there was no sister with Rina. But if you want to make it as sisters, it is okay.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:41 pm
Miss Shadow Night
Savania Shadowspawn
Miss Shadow Night

Well, I just read the first Episode of the RP I did in the old Mermaid's tale guild and I found out that Rina Toin is apparently Alexandra's sister? I'm writing Alexandra as an 18-year-old rather than someone whose 15, and in her backstory, I'll probably include some things from the Old RP (her past).

I do believe Rina is from mermaid melody as well just like Gaito so maybe there could be some conflict there if he's supposed to be the villian? Especially if he finds out about Alexandra. (I'm not sure who plays Rina so I might have to ask about Alexandra being related to her.)

Correction: no Rina and Alexandra was not sisters. It was only in the guild that they made it sisters but no they were not sisters.

I had to look it up. Because in the anime itself there was no sister with Rina. But if you want to make it as sisters, it is okay.

Yeah, it's not canon, but I did just finish her bio if you want to look at it.  

Savania Shadowspawn

Sparkly Star

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Timid 100

SapphireUmbra

Dapper Vampire

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:10 pm
Miss Shadow Night

IIIustrious

AnimusHelixRebirth

GuenivereOrion

Luminiss

Savania Shadowspawn

Starlotte

Alright, here's the plan- Hopefully people are okay with this.

My idea is to have there be a day-change soon. Since it's fall in the RP, we could do something Halloween related? Or even Thanksgiving related (like Helix suggested)?

Keep in mind it will be awhile before this 'day change' because I have irl stuff going on with school. Although, I want to try and get as many new members as possible so we'll have people attending the events and participating in the next RP day.

I agreed to make a character to meet Alexandra for Sav, so that's settled as far as I know.
Is there anyone else in need of a 'relative' in their character's household?
I heard from Star that there's stuff going on with the Goodhearts and this whole 'dream-sister' thing.
Would a brother work?
The only thing I heard from Star was a suggestion of a family-swap where Lena is in the Goodhearts in Sandra's place..Mostly because Starlotte has been piled with homework like I am and we don't have a ton of free-time. So she can't really reply as Sandra very much.

Also, after posting the suggestions, Helix said he's open to some change and I heard he did allow Kyto into the RP so I don't see a problem with Gaito being evil.
I also have the same problem with parents in the Ambrose household. I play as the mom (Lillian) more than the Dad (Leo?) and it's really awkward because I think one of the children were choking and I never replied as the Dad so it's like he was just sitting there watching. It's tricky to play both at once xp  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:19 pm
Savania Shadowspawn
Miss Shadow Night
Savania Shadowspawn
Miss Shadow Night

Yeah, it's not canon, but I did just finish her bio if you want to look at it.

Sure I would love to see it!  

Miss Shadow Night
Crew

Fashionable Gaian

26,315 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Miss Shadow Night
Crew

Fashionable Gaian

26,315 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:17 pm
SapphireUmbra
Miss Shadow Night

IIIustrious

AnimusHelixRebirth

GuenivereOrion

Luminiss

Savania Shadowspawn

Starlotte

Alright, here's the plan- Hopefully people are okay with this.

My idea is to have there be a day-change soon. Since it's fall in the RP, we could do something Halloween related? Or even Thanksgiving related (like Helix suggested)?

Keep in mind it will be awhile before this 'day change' because I have irl stuff going on with school. Although, I want to try and get as many new members as possible so we'll have people attending the events and participating in the next RP day.

I agreed to make a character to meet Alexandra for Sav, so that's settled as far as I know.
Is there anyone else in need of a 'relative' in their character's household?
I heard from Star that there's stuff going on with the Goodhearts and this whole 'dream-sister' thing.
Would a brother work?
The only thing I heard from Star was a suggestion of a family-swap where Lena is in the Goodhearts in Sandra's place..Mostly because Starlotte has been piled with homework like I am and we don't have a ton of free-time. So she can't really reply as Sandra very much.

Also, after posting the suggestions, Helix said he's open to some change and I heard he did allow Kyto into the RP so I don't see a problem with Gaito being evil.
I also have the same problem with parents in the Ambrose household. I play as the mom (Lillian) more than the Dad (Leo?) and it's really awkward because I think one of the children were choking and I never replied as the Dad so it's like he was just sitting there watching. It's tricky to play both at once xp

SapphireUmbra

IIIustrious

AnimusHelixRebirth

GuenivereOrion

Luminiss

Savania Shadowspawn

Starlotte

Yep I knew that I hit a point too. I knew it! I had the same problem with the saito family. I was the mom and the dad. Star was like starting off fresh. So I gave her the mother. It was like taking the load off. As of right now I have one more problem that is Kei and Mizuho Kazami. They are both married and that I they are parents. Kei has a problem since he was born. It is called standstill. Mean Kei pass out when ever koishi wants Kei to be with her. But the truth is that Kei and miss Kazami is married but have children and I am both parents. But Kei is 18 still in school. The info is long so I am keeping it this short. So yep I am still the both of them. So I think that week I might be able to move things around in the guild like to see what can be moved or delete. It is like just changes or like different. There will be more adding things to the guild. So if seems weird just ask.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:23 pm
SapphireUmbra

IIIustrious

AnimusHelixRebirth

GuenivereOrion

Luminiss

Savania Shadowspawn

Starlotte

Hi there! What do you guys think about the profile rule? I mean like if more then one character. Just keep them in one place for the other characters that you guys have. Like miss shadow night's characters. I know that some of us do it but mostly others don't do it. Because it is hard to keep track of them if in one place.

Edited: I meant different places.  

Miss Shadow Night
Crew

Fashionable Gaian

26,315 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

SapphireUmbra

Dapper Vampire

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:50 am
Miss Shadow Night
SapphireUmbra

IIIustrious

AnimusHelixRebirth

GuenivereOrion

Luminiss

Savania Shadowspawn

Starlotte

Hi there! What do you guys think about the profile rule? I mean like if more then one character. Just keep them in one place for the other characters that you guys have. Like miss shadow night's characters. I know that some of us do it but mostly others don't do it. Because it is hard to keep track of them if in one place.

Edited: I meant different places.

I don't mind it, but I did keep some of my recent characters separate because I don't know who I'll contintue to play. I know for sure I'll keep playing as Prince Stephan, but I'm not sure about Venus. She wasn't a bad character, but being cooped up in the house with her sitting there watching Lena get yelled at was kinda odd for me. Like I tried to make Venus seem like she wanted to help, but I don't think it really worked very well. I think it just made Venus seem obsessive in a way. I want to continue stephan because he has a violin to give Lena.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:02 am
Miss Shadow Night

IIIustrious

AnimusHelixRebirth

GuenivereOrion

Luminiss

Savania Shadowspawn

Starlotte

Just letting you all know I created a poll at the top.
I'm going to use it to determine what sort of event we should try for new members.

The only problem I'm met with is that I believe the current day is Sunday in the RP; so that means there'll be school during the next RP day. :/
We could make it a holiday so that there isn't school, but I don't know what month or actual # day the RP is in. I just know the season and day of the week.

If we choose to time-skip to the next day or even several days ahead; we could do a thing that the staff used to do in my old high school. It's called "Superintendent's Conference Day", which is where the Teachers all get together and have meetings all day at the school- and there is no class for students.

Speaking of school, I'm seeing an issue of lack of teachers, too.
I kind of want to make 'one' character that will fulfill multiple roles.
Is there an age-limit for a teacher?

Because I could (hear me out), make a character whose around 20 (probably not older than 25 though, cause I don't want there to be a wide age gap between him and Alexandra) and have him work at the school. I could argue he's some kind of being other than human or he's just smart and got ahead. (Cause even 20 seems young for a teacher..)  

SapphireUmbra

Dapper Vampire

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Savania Shadowspawn

Sparkly Star

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:10 am
SapphireUmbra
Miss Shadow Night

IIIustrious

AnimusHelixRebirth

GuenivereOrion

Luminiss

Savania Shadowspawn

Starlotte

Just letting you all know I created a poll at the top.
I'm going to use it to determine what sort of event we should try for new members.

The only problem I'm met with is that I believe the current day is Sunday in the RP; so that means there'll be school during the next RP day. :/
We could make it a holiday so that there isn't school, but I don't know what month or actual # day the RP is in. I just know the season and day of the week.

If we choose to time-skip to the next day or even several days ahead; we could do a thing that the staff used to do in my old high school. It's called "Superintendent's Conference Day", which is where the Teachers all get together and have meetings all day at the school- and there is no class for students.

Speaking of school, I'm seeing an issue of lack of teachers, too.
I kind of want to make 'one' character that will fulfill multiple roles.
Is there an age-limit for a teacher?

Because I could (hear me out), make a character whose around 20 (probably not older than 25 though, cause I don't want there to be a wide age gap between him and Alexandra) and have him work at the school. I could argue he's some kind of being other than human or he's just smart and got ahead. (Cause even 20 seems young for a teacher..)

I don't mind, Just keep in mind Alexandra is 18, so yeah- be wary of a possible age-gap.
The only issue I'm seeing with the No School thing- I've had something similar at my school and a Conference Day meant teachers still had to go, so your character would be stuck at the school. Plus, they don't have conference days in college.

My idea is to have it be Columbus Day; and have it fall on the same day as the Harvest Moon or something like that and let there be an event (A ball- I like the idea of a Masquerade) to celebrate.

I would say to make your character teach at the college, but I don't think Alexandra has class there or school at all- She works as a waitress.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:19 am
A Halloween party event does sound fun for the Mermaid's Tale RP Guild.  

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SapphireUmbra

Dapper Vampire

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:29 am
Savania Shadowspawn

I don't mind, Just keep in mind Alexandra is 18, so yeah- be wary of a possible age-gap.
The only issue I'm seeing with the No School thing- I've had something similar at my school and a Conference Day meant teachers still had to go, so your character would be stuck at the school. Plus, they don't have conference days in college.

My idea is to have it be Columbus Day; and have it fall on the same day as the Harvest Moon or something like that and let there be an event (A ball- I like the idea of a Masquerade) to celebrate.

I would say to make your character teach at the college, but I don't think Alexandra has class there or school at all- She works as a waitress.

Okay, cool-
So we're looking at a teacher type of character. I've played them once before, but I was in a more fantasy-esque setting. Like all the classes and stuff were 'magic' based (ex. The study of magical creatures). But I haven't RPed a teacher in a legit school setting. Although, if he's younger he wont be all that experienced in the profession anyway. I'm still debating on what race/species this character will be. As Gary-stu as it sounds, I'm thinking of either making him a hybrid or some sort of celestial (like an Aasimar from Dnd). xp

I have severe writer's block. If you've all got suggestions I'll take them.

AnimusHelixRebirth

A Halloween party event does sound fun for the Mermaid's Tale RP Guild.

Cool, don't forget to vote for it in the first post. Since it is your guild, I think we might lean in that direction of Halloween (or I'll try to at least). Question is; should we start it the next RP day or time-skip to the actual 31st of October? The Month and the Number Date aren't specific in the guild and I'm still trying to figure out a system for time in the guild.

One way people do it is that the entire day changes in 2 weeks. Another way is changing half a day in 2 weeks. For example, in one guild it goes from the morning of October 31st to the Morning of November 1st in a guild. In another guild it goes to the morning of October 31st to the night of October 31st in a two-week time span. So either a full day in the RP will last 2 weeks or 4 weeks.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:47 am
SapphireUmbra
Savania Shadowspawn

Okay, cool-
So we're looking at a teacher type of character. I've played them once before, but I was in a more fantasy-esque setting. Like all the classes and stuff were 'magic' based (ex. The study of magical creatures). But I haven't RPed a teacher in a legit school setting. Although, if he's younger he wont be all that experienced in the profession anyway. I'm still debating on what race/species this character will be. As Gary-stu as it sounds, I'm thinking of either making him a hybrid or some sort of celestial (like an Aasimar from Dnd). xp

If you made him half-celestial (angel?) or whatever it's probably fine. Or- what if..since it's an alternate universe and all- you could make the child of one of your characters. Wasn't Cygnus a Sky-maid? Like, basically a mermaid, but in the clouds instead of the ocean? I dunno, but if you're really bent on making a hybrid character that lives a long time you could say they're half-vamp or some nonsense..

As long as your character is still challenged by the narrative and can still get hurt, I don't see him as a Mary-sue/Gary-stu.  

Starlotte

Dapper Genius

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

SapphireUmbra

Dapper Vampire

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:52 am
Starlotte
SapphireUmbra
Savania Shadowspawn

Okay, cool-

If you made him half-celestial (angel?) or whatever it's probably fine. Or- what if..since it's an alternate universe and all- you could make the child of one of your characters. Wasn't Cygnus a Sky-maid? Like, basically a mermaid, but in the clouds instead of the ocean? I dunno, but if you're really bent on making a hybrid character that lives a long time you could say they're half-vamp or some nonsense..

As long as your character is still challenged by the narrative and can still get hurt, I don't see him as a Mary-sue/Gary-stu.

Haha, that's reassuring.
And yes, in the World of Adventure, Cygnus is best friends with a vampire- So maybe she would have met someone in Aura's clan and somehow had a child? I guess it could work. Maybe he could be Aura's nephew. xp

Man, that kinda sounds too much, but now I'm really tempted to give that type of character a go.

EDIT: These are the characters I'm referring to; Cygnus & Aura
Oh shoot, now that I think about it- These two are pirates! Does that mean my character could secretly be a pirate like that? Oh no, here I go again..  
A Mermaid's Tale

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff