Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] - Difficult Discussions - (Caiden + Engrav) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I know what you've been hiding.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:24 pm
User Image
Engrav Setlar

"Hey," Engrav said as Caiden sat down across the table from him. "Thanks for coming. I know it's a little bit short notice, but... well, I needed to talk to you about something." He winced at the earnest confusion in his morail's face. "It's fine! It's fine. I just, I mean..." The inventor sighed, not really knowing how to broach the subject with the brownblood. They were supposed to talk about everything. Share what they felt.

So why was this so hard? It was just... a conversation.

"How, uh... how's the painting been? Recently? I feel like we haven't hung in a bit. You been up to anything fun?" The yellowblood ran a hand through his hair nervously, glancing about the walls of his hive. He'd turned the cameras off a while ago for this conversation. Engrav didn't want a single record of this anywhere if he could help it.

micillia

Buzzwulf

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:40 am
They had both been pretty busy, him and Engrav. Which was why Caiden was more than happy to meet his friend at the yellowblood's hive. The brownblood suppressed his urge to cuddle his best friend up in a big hug, and instead settled for a beaming smile. He cocked his head to the side as Engrav started then hesitated.

"Its been good!" He said. Caiden had been doing more... controversial art as of late, and tho he loved it to death, it was a little dangerous to be associated with, so he didnt go into too much detail. "You know, making the world pretty, one building at a time!"

Engrav wanted to talk about something, and was avoiding it. Caiden could tell. "Hey," Caiden said with a lopsided grin. "What did you actually wanna say?"

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:16 pm
User Image
Engrav Setlar

Gogdammit. He was always too relaxed around the brownblood, too loose. Caiden could always tell when something was bothering the inventor, and right now, Engrav wasn't so sure he appreciated that. He could have at least danced around it for a while, maybe gotten Caiden to slip up a time or two. At least built up a little bit of courage.

"Caiden. I just... I'm not mad, ok?" It was a lie. He was the tiniest it mad. Engrav sighed, holding the bridge of his sniffnode. The inventor could already feel an ache spreading in his thinkpan as he thought about how to approach this. "I just don't know a good way to really talk about this gently, so I'm going to come right out and talk about it."

"You've been working for the rebels. And you didn't tell me."

Micillia

Buzzwulf

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:56 pm
The precursor of "im not mad" instantly put the brownblood on alarm. His smile vanished, he stood straighter, the twinkle in his eyes hardened. Maybe at one point he would have twisted his hands guiltily, gave his friend a sad look, and felt terrible. Well he did feel bad, a lot bad, but he didnt feel guilty... Caiden didn't say anything at first, but finally let out a breath.

"I havnt told anyone." Caiden said seriously. "Its the kinda secret that holds a lot of lives in the balance." Caiden felt a younger part of himself cringe at the hard words, felt himself ache at the look of betrayal on Engrav's face. And lets be honest, he did feel those feelings. But... there were lives of people he loved on the line.

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:22 pm
User Image
Engrav Setlar

"Sure," the yellowblood practically spat out, "And that's fine, but we're supposed to be Morails. And this? This could get you culled, Caiden. What's more, it could get me culled for even knowing you. If you get caught, I'm not gonna be able to stay out of it. I'm gonna have to come an rescue your stupid spinal crevasse. And that makes this a problem for both of us."

Not even a denial. That's what Caiden gave him. He didn't even pretend to be shocked, or attempt to lie his way out of it. For some reason, that made Engrav even madder. How dare he just own up right away! Caiden should try to weasel out of this somehow, squirm and struggle to explain himself.

"I... I care about you, brownblood. I don't want to see you get hurt." the inventor said. He felt deflated. Like someone had let all the air out of him and he was just skin left.

Micillia

Buzzwulf

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:41 pm
Caiden expected Engrav to be angry, but it was still terrifying and saddening to see the person that meant the most to the brownblood get angry at him. He gripped the sleeve of his rainblow-jacket-turned-inside-out-to-be-black hard in the only show of pain he could let himself do.

But, Engrav was right. Caiden had endangered the yellowblood. That thought was what broke down his serious front, and he felt his plumpbiscuit crack. "Engrav," Caiden felt actual tears come to his eyes, actual pain, not just the rash show of emotions he usually did. "Im- I-" He didn't know what to say. To convey his apologies, but also his love of the other boy, he did what he could, and hugged Engrav. "Im sorry."

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:47 pm
User Image
Engrav Setlar

Engrav nearly collapsed as the brownblood hugged him. He didn't realize exactly how much energy it took to be mad at the energetic troll. The inventor just felt drained. "I know. I know you're sorry," the yellowblood said, returning the hug slowly. "I'm sorry too, for not paying more attention to you. But this one's kind of a big deal, Caiden."

"Can you tell me how this got started in the first place? I don't know what I can do to get you out of this. Maybe I can help you out somehow, but I don't know any of the details here." The yellowblood sighed, rubbing at his eye.

Micillia

Buzzwulf

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:00 pm
How did it all start...

Well, it started with Autumn. Autumn who swept him off his feet with her wings, her attitude, her charm. The winged troll became the center of his world for a time, and in a way, she still was. Caiden had thought the world was peachy, that the world was a nice place where everyone could live. It wasnt. Caiden found that out when a highblood came and hurt him. Hurt Autumn. He found out that he could not protect her, not from the world. Not from all the highbloods that could do whatever they wanted. Then she showed him a different option. One of change, one where they could make a world that his young self would have believed was real. It was a revelation, but it was also something that steeled him. He had a goal, and dream, and a way to make it come true.

Caiden gave his morail one last tight squeeze before pulling away. He looked into Engrav's eyes, looking for what to say. "I need this world to change." He said slowly. "I want to make it a place where you dont have to have video cameras everywhere, where you dont need to check the doorway and corners for bugs." He looked away from Engrav for a second. "And i guess a girl..."

Buzzwulf
CORNERS AND DOORS MAX, CORNERS AND DOORS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:43 pm
User Image
Engrav Setlar

Engrav slapped himself right in the face. Literally right in the face. "Who was it. Who hurt you. Tell me who it was and I'll... I'll... " A girl. Gogdamn it, Caiden.

Engrav wasn't helpless, though. He had friends. He could get things done, things that this mystery troll would not appreciate.

He couldn't tell Caiden about that though. The brownblood was sensitive. He didn't have the acid tract for this kind of thing. "You're right, Caiden. It does need to change. But I don't want my friends putting their lives on the line to do it. What do they need you? Why can't you just... come and be somewhere safe with me?"

Micillia

Buzzwulf

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:56 pm
Caiden cocked his head to the side. "No one hurt me, im fine." He lied. Both to himself and Engrav. He wasn't ready for that self introspection. He still lived an at least somewhat naive life.

Caiden shrugged bashfully. "Well, if not me, then who?" He finally grinned again, finally had a bit of sparkle in his eyes as he thought about the passion he was poring into the projects he did for the rebels and their cause. "If every troll just asked "Why me?" then nothing would get done. Someone has to actually do it. Someone has to take the first step."

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:40 pm
User Image
Engrav Setlar

"You're lying to me." Engrav said, looking Caiden straight in the eye. "I can tell. You really think I don't know you well enough to tell when you're feeling hurt?" The inventor gestured to his injured side, his missing eye, his shattered horns. "I know a little bit about pain, brownblood. I can tell when you're not telling me something. That's why we're in this position in the first place. So get your head out of your chagrin tunnel and tell me who hurt you."

Engrav's mind was already made up. He knew where this was going already, he just hadn't wanted to say it out loud. It wasn't something he wanted to make real.

"If you're so determined to throw your life away, Caiden, I'm gonna keep an eye out for you. I'm not interested in asking "why me?" but... I'm not gonna let you throw your life away on this. Not alone." The yellowblood sighed and closed his eyes for a second, thinking out his options as they rapidly dwindled. "Bring me in. I'll help the... the rebels. At least so you don't get wrapped up in some crazy scheme you don't see coming. And... I have a few of my own scores to settle as well." The inventor finished, looking at his metal hand. "That's what Morails are for, right?"

Micillia

Buzzwulf

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:12 pm
Caiden flinched back from the yellowblood's words. Engrav might always be kinda grumpy, but he had a gentle edge to his voice. Caiden always listened to it more then the fake grumpy the yellowblood tried to put on, but it was gone when his friend demanded he consider that he was actually hurt. It made him think about things he would rather not.

When his friend calmed down a little and continued, his voice had that gentle edge again, and the brownblood could calm down a little himself. It didn't last long as the yellowblood's words soaked in. "Engrav-" the brownblood tried, before he was interrupted with words that made his plump biscuit swell. It's true, they were morails. He needed to treat Engrav like one. Caiden nodded. "Your right." He said, smiling a small smile. "Your my morail, I'm sorry I kept this from you." The brownblood let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding. "I'll introduce you to some trolls, and we can get you in. It wolnt be fast, and there is a lot hanging in the balance here, but-" He smiled bigger. "I trust you with this secret. with every secret I have, and ever will have." He turned a bit serious. "What do you want to know?"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:09 am
User Image
Engrav Setlar

"I know I'm right," the inventor rattled off. It wasn't as much a brag as it was a simple statement of fact from a keen observer, one who had known Caiden all his life. If the yellowblood couldn't see that something was wrong with his Moirail, then he clearly wasn't cut out for this kind of life. But the opportunity was there. The chance to actually make a difference.

To change something.

That didn't change the fact the Caiden was still dodging him, though. "Caiden. I want to do that with you. But you're still evading me." It was like the brownblood didn't want to think about it, that it was too painful. But really, painful was burying something in the past and only pulling it out once and a while to turn that wound around in your thinkpan, really go over and examine it. That was a way for that kind of injury to never heal, never truly scab over and go away. Engrav knew a little bit about that.

"Once again: tell me who it was. I need to have a chat with them." the inventor practically spat.

micillia

Buzzwulf

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:55 am
Caiden let out a kind of sigh. Engrav was being so agressive about this, and the brownblood knew his morail would pursue what he wanted no matter what. So really, he pretty much had to answer. "Okay, okay." Caiden said defeated.

He did have something to say first tho, and he needed Engrav to take him seriously. "BUT!" He steeled his expression, "Maybe I did get hurt, but it was my own fault too. You have to promise not to do anything rash about this. It's not her fault!" With another sigh the brownblood finally opened up. "Her name is Autumn, she was a winning contestant on the Superstar Authority competition. She has wings." He tried not to say the last part wistfully. "And she's really sweet and kind, and, and, I just got carried away, okay?" He sighed again, before going serious. "Okay I told you, now you *have* to promise not to do anything about this. No- no blackmail, no threats, no cameras." His eyes softened. He knew engrav wanted to do something. He would have felt the exact same had someone toyed with the yellowblood in any way. "please?"  
Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff