[BATT] Fight it Out [Deimos + Mahmud] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:01 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A play fight gets a bit too serious
But isn't that just the way things are?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:12 pm

This was going to be the first time he invited Mahmud to his hive. Deimos didn't exactly like having others over, mostly because of the danger it posed should any hunts start while they were over, but also because they had a knack for disturbing his things. His... organized chaos. Deimos surveyed the mess of scattered blanket+pillow piles, books abandoned in toppled stacks, bits of astronomy and map making supplies strewn about it. He had considered straightening up before Mahmud arrived, but honestly that just wasn't his style. His friends would have to accept him as he was or go find someone else to hang out with.
Or so he told himself, even though the though of someone actually abandoning him over that was pretty terrifying. This was probably just another defense mechanism meant to keep others out.

He peered out the window, waiting for any signs of troll movement in the path leading up to his hive. He'd at least made that a bit more obvious, for now anyway. If he left it for too long it might encourage the unfortunate victims of the hunts to come try and break into his hive for safe haven. When he finally spotted the brownblood, he shifted to open the door and poked his head out. "'Bout time you decided to show up. Did you get lost?" Despite the words his tone was more teasing than accusatory.

Thypion was out hunting and likely wouldn't be back until Mahmud left, which meant the two of them were free to do... whatever until Mahmud got bored, or something. Admittedly Deimos hadn't thought this whole thing out. They'd probably play some games or something.

Skyli Peep

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:41 pm
        This was nice... right? Visiting friends at their place? Nice. Going out of Underworld for once for a reason other than chores since that horrible, awful prom? Yeah, he could do that. Trying not to be an absolute shut-in? Sure.

... being late because the thought of going anywhere gave him such high anxiety? That sure... was a thing.

Which of course meant that Mahmud was feeling double the anxiety, both from leaving his hive and from being more than fashionably late. Was Deimos gonna kill him? Probably not, but being rude still left an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. Or was that just the 'leaving my hive' nerves? Gah!

Mahmud stared at the little path for quite some time before finally walking up it at the speed of... something far, far slower than light. Like molasses. Or a mushy couple holding hands walking down the sidewalk while someone tried to get around them. All the while he sort of wrung his hands, squeezing them to try and keep that fearful feeling of his limbs not belonging to him at bay.

As he approached the door, Deimos came out and greeted him in what was certainly a Deimos way. A way that just... took a huge chunk of panic right out of him and left him laughing lightly. "No, had to decide if I really wanted to see your face for a good few hours.". Mahmud quipped back, his tone equally teasing. He couldn't help but smile a little bit. This... was okay. Everything was going to be okay.

"You gonna let me inside or what? Give me the grand tour?"

nepsah
I AM SORRY FOR THE QUALITY I'M RUSTY AAA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:07 pm

"Wow, rude. I'm certainly better to look at than whatever Cerpin's decorating that nightclub with these nights." He snorted, rolling his eyes as he moved aside to let Mahmud in. "C'mon, c'mon. There ain't much to see this is pretty much like, what every room looks like." He closed the door behind the brownblood once he'd stepped inside. Chaos was what it could be described as. Aside from the pathways Deimos had made to allow himself and Thypion to move freely around the hive, the whole thing seemed like a cluttered mess. Kitchen block excluded, that one was blessedly clean.

"I mean if you wanna see upstairs we can go up there. Just more blocks 'n like, the observatory." He shrugged, suddenly starting to feel nervous. He eyed Mahmud closely, watching for any hints that the other boy might be regretting his decision to trek all the way out to the forest. This would be a telling visit. Depending on how it went, he may feel more comfortable divulging things with him.

Skyli Peep

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:44 am
        Oh man, did that earn a laugh from Mahmud. "Careful who you say that to, I'm the one putting them up!" Sad, but true. When it required heavy lifting, it was oftentimes his job to take care of it. Or it used to, at least... not after Tevini and Cerpin's recent power discoveries. Undeniable, those powers were... especially when they were used to prank him. Cerpin, of course, being a larger offender.

As for the hive itself, it sure was something. There was just stuff absolutely everywhere, a mishmash of a variety of things that honest to god Mahmud didn't understand why Deimos needed. They looked important, just... a lot of it.

Then again though, given his piles of blueprints and journals, was he in any position to complain?

"Of course I wanna see upstairs. Its like..." How did he put this into words? Awkwardly waving his hands a bit, Mahmud finally managed to say "Its your hive. I wanna see what you're all about. Besides... I wanna see this observatory... its gotta be impressive." As far as Mahmud's face went, he didn't seem entirely phased. Certainly not regretting his choice. The more and more he spoke, the wider his smile grew.

Yeah.
        Yeah he could kinda get behind this vibe. It was very... Deimos.

nepsah

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:53 am

"Yeah but are you the one choosin' 'em?" He grinned a little, pleased that Mahmud had found that funny.

Well, it seemed that the brownblood was not totally turned off by the chaos in his hive. "Honestly it ain't even really an observatory." He shrugged, then pointed to Mahmud's boots. "No shoes allowed in the hive though. You'll like, track in dirt. I ain't exactly lookin to be passin out somewhere on a dirty foot print." He he was half joking... half serious. Thus the need for all the piles. His own feet were, well... One sock, one bare, prosthetic feet didn't really need socks after all.

Once Mahmud had relinquished his shoes, Dei started forward through the main path to the back of the hive. "C'mon, this way." He headed up the stairs (blessedly free of any debris) and then turned right to walk down the rest of the hall toward a shuttered door. One room that seemed absolutely covered in blankets was on the left, that one also had a recouperacoon in it. There was no window in that room, just the door leading in. The room across the way was filled with book shelves, though there seemed to be more books on the floor than there were on the shelves. The sole window in the room was barred up from the outside and inside. There was of course an ablution block, Dei paused to point that out (window also barred but only from the outside), then finally reached the shuttered door.

"This is like, wriggler s**t but I mean I did set it up sweeps ago so that's kinda obvious." He pulled the door open to reveal a balcony, also laden with comfy places to sit but this one was strewn with maps, things to draw with, and various astronomy related study tools. "Don't touch anythin' on the easels, I'm still workin' on those." He motioned to a couple of them across the balcony. Hands on his hips, he turned to look at Mahmud. "So that's pretty much basic tour."

Skyli Peep

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:16 pm
        Half-tempted to snark something about feet, but unable to formulate the words, Mahmud was obedient and took off his shoes. Before he could throw a quip out there, Deimos was off! "Oh!" Mahmud scrambled after his friend up the stairs. "Wait up!" Thudding up the stairs after Deimos, he couldn't help but cast glances at the various rooms he passed by. That must be his sleep block... those blankets sure looked comfortable... Another room looked like a legit book prison. Note to self, ask Deimos about those bars because uhhh what?

As they got into the Observatory though, Mahmud could only mutter a soft "Woah". Not only was this place comfortable, it kind of felt... okay. This was a room Mahmud would love in his own hive one day. Starry-eyed, Mahmud slowly paced the room, looking at everything inside. Easels with art.. or where they charts? Gog, he had so many questions. Where could he even begin?

"Deimos this is... absolutely AMAZING." A cheesy grin crept onto Mahmud's face. "How the hell... this is incredible! I love this!" Twirling a bit in place with arms outstretched, he looked back to Deimos and gave a big grin. "Coolest room in the whole damn hive!"

nepsah

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:26 pm

He stood back as Mahmud explored the room, feeling a bit of pride bubble up in his chest. Yeah... yeah this undoubtedly was the coolest room in the hive. And he'd worked hard on it, even if it was barely excusable as an observatory. "Just wait, it gets better." He grinned, tired eyes lighting up with a bit of excitement as he turned to shuffle toward the back wall. He hit a switch on it and a moment later the ceiling began to slide apart, revealing a clear view of the night sky overhead.

"Wouldn't be an observatory without a proper view a the sky." He looked back to Mahmud, eager to see his reaction to it. "What'cha think?"

Skyli Peep

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:40 pm
        The twinkling stars began to blink one by one into focus, as the observatory roof peeled back slowly. Mahmud was left in wonder to gaze at the heavenly body above that Deimos loved so much. Woah. Yeah. He could get behind this. He could get behind why Deimos loved the sky and space so much. Looking at it through this angle, it was absolutely gorgeous, made a troll feel smaller than they actually were. Humbling.

As he gazed wide-eyed up above, the biggest, goofiest grin he'd ever had peeled across his face. There was a little bubbly laugh, followed by loud, obnoxious laughter as he ran over to Deimos and gave him a big noogie. "You made all this?! SERIOUSLY?! Deimos this is AMAZING! Oh my GOG! I love this! I love it I love it I love it!"

nepsah

nepsah rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-12)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:06 am

HP: 20/20
Damage Dealt: 5

God, something about that look just made his own smile widen. Mahmud really wore his emotions on his sleeves, didn't he? Dei was honestly a little envious of that. The smile was of course soon replaced with a groan as Mahmud brought him into a headlock for a noogie- he attempted to wriggle himself free, ending up kicking off the wall in an attempt to shove Mahmud over or something.

"Not everythin' but a fair portion a it. Oh my god let go." Despite the protests he couldn't help but laugh a little. Come to think of it, they'd never really played rough before.

Skyli Peep

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

penemueIntuition rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 5 Total: 8 (2-12)

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:17 am
Quote:
Mahmud Seshat
    HP: 15 / 20
    Damage Dealt:
    Artifacts: Agility Type B: 1/1, Defense Type A 3/3

And shove over Mahmud Deimos did, sending him onto his butt. "OOF! HEY!" A small laugh bubbled out of Mahmud, and he reached for Deimos' legs and yanked. "If I'm coming down, you're coming with me!" There was something a little aggressive about this action, but given the big smile on Mahmud's face... well, he was just playing, honest.

nepsah

nepsah rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 5 Total: 6 (2-12)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:27 am

HP: 15/20
Damage Dealt: 0

Just when he'd thought he'd gotten away, Mahmud yanked him down. He collapsed onto the other troll with a mixture of a yelp and a laugh. "Oh it's on now, you don't even know." He rolled away, picking up one of the many pillows in the room, then launched it right at Mahmud's face. "You wanna tussle? I'll show you how it's done." This was of course a game to him, he didn't want to actually hurt Mahmud but honestly burning off some nervous energy in the form of a play fight sounded like an excellent idea.

Unfortunately, the pillow sailed uselessly overhead. "...Okay next shot won't miss."

Skyli Peep

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

penemueIntuition rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 2 Total: 7 (2-12)

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:34 am
Quote:
Mahmud Seshat
    HP: 15 / 20
    Damage Dealt:2

"You mean like... THIS one?" Scrambling behind him, Mahmud grabbed the pillow that he'd been assaulted with, and flung it at Deimos. "Aha!" he called out at the hit. "Gotcha!" Smirking, he slid across the floor to get closer to his friend.

nepsah

nepsah rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:45 am

HP: 13/20
Damage Dealt: 4

"Augh, ********> He wasn't fast enough to dodge and got beamed right in the face. "Shoulda stayed range!" It retaliation, he kicked out his organic foot to nail Mahmud in the shoulder. Hard enough to keep him at bay, but light enough to not really do any damage...

At least that was the intention. He ended up putting a bit more force than intended into it. "Ah s**t-"

Skyli Peep

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

penemueIntuition rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-12)

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:48 am
Quote:
Mahmud Seshat
    HP: 11 / 20
    Damage Dealt:0

As he scooched closer into range, Judha-- wait, Judhas? No, Deimos' foot landed square on Mahmud's shoulder. "WH" It sent him flopping backwards again, hitting the back of his head on the floor. "Ow... hey!" He then scrambled back up and scowled at Deimos. "What the hell, man?!"

Springing in after him, Mahmud only managed to whiff and land in a bunch of squishy stuff nearby. However it was clear from the look on his face he wasn't pleased.

nepsah

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces