Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands
[PRP] I ask this of you. (Liyana x Giruven)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:41 pm
User Image

The stampede had done a number to their pride and it was such a terrible thing to have gone though, though it was how life worked. You lived, you died, things carried on. Still, the loss of that mother and of that cub were a blow to the pride, it was one less able body to help hunt and one less lioness for their future.

Avani stood next to Liyana and ruffled her feathers a little bit, her companion had been banged up a little bit but was otherwise doing well. "How are you?"

Liyana gave a shrug, while she didn't know the lioness personally it was still one less familiar face in the crowd, though given her particular job as Cinga she wasn't exactly around a whole lot anyway.

Before the ground had split and the stampede struck she had been seeking out Giruven to talk to him, she wanted him to sire her next generation of cubs. While he was a new face and oddly colored to most she found him appealing because of his oddities. It was refreshing from the 'normalness' of the pride's current colors.

"I pray that the pride bounces back from this travesty though, there was a lot of damage done and I hope most heal without too much issue." The dark lioness said to her Avian companion. Well, there was no use in sitting around dwelling about it, she decided to try and seek out the particular lion that stood out in the crowd.

Safaia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Giruvegan had been doing what he could to help with the recovery from that...night. It was a night he only remembered parts of, but the aftermath was something that would haunt him for the rest of his days. Sorrow and injuries that cut too deep to properly heal. Physically it seemed like many were doing better, but he knew that mentally it would take a very, very long time to heal.

He had just consulted with a lioness he considered a friend, Umutsuz. Her tail had been broken in the stampede, and it wasn't healing very well. The feisty lioness wasn't letting it slow her down, but she did need to be more careful with it. After blowing him off, Giruvegan chuckled to himself and let her be, walking with purpose to see if there was somewhere else he could be useful, where someone may actually listen to him. Rare, perhaps, but at least he was beginning to feel more comfortable as an Inselelo in these lands.

AstoriaFallen

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:40 pm
Safaia

Avani flew ahead, eyes looking down upon the lands, as she sought out the male that Liyana was so terribly interested in. Her own brood had flown the coup and she was probably going to seek out that familiar male vulture again since they had made such lovely chicks the first go, why not just stick with what she knew. Liyana on the other paw had an array of options and it boiled down to what she fancied at the time.

Spotting him she swooped back around and led the path for the lioness.

Brown eyes fell upon the oddly marked male and a smile spread across her lips as she neared him. "Giruvegan," her voice light as she approached, "I was hoping to speak to you sooner, but then that terrible business with the stampede happened." Looking him over, he didn't seem to be too roughed up from the ordeal. "Are you doing alright?" She truly did want to know how he was fairing, but she was also asking because if he wasn't fully recovered just yet she'd likely ask him to help her out once he was. Either way she was still going to get around to asking him about siring cubs with her.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:52 pm
His eyes followed the vulture a bit, his curiosity with birds always getting the better of him. He had never bothered to make friends with any birds, but was rather drawn to their flight and hunting skills. More than likely due to the way his coat reflected a bird so well, at least in the front half of him.

"Ah," he said, letting himself take a breath before keeping his attention on the lioness before him. "I am well. A concussion is nothing compared to the broken bones that others suffered. I've been doing my best to check in on some of the more injured ones. It seems like things are going well, but I would be lying if I wasn't worried how they'll be later."

"But yes, as for myself, I am all right. I assume you are, if you are concerned enough to ask after my well being," he said with a soft chuckle.

AstoriaFallen

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:10 am
Safaia
Sorry, life really hit a rough spot for me -le crie-

Avani ruffled her feathers from not far away and overlooked the two from her perch in a dead tree, the branches creaking under her clawed feet.

"That's a relief to hear, considering the toll we took that day." There had been a few deaths because of the travesty that had ravaged their pride a short time ago, "I am doing just fine, just some minor scrapes and bruises."

Though the real reason she was here today wasn't so that they could talk about the past, but more so the future. "I know you really don't have much say in the matter overall, but I was wondering if you'd help me sire cubs." It was true there were those in the pride that found him to be quite unusual and quite possibly ugly, but she found his markings unique and interesting. Those facts alone were enough for her to want to seek him out for the job.

"I am more than comfortable to wait until you're healed better, but it was one of my reasons of asking how you were."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:13 pm
To be honest....even if it didn't happen that often, he had begun to half expect this sort of request each time a lioness wanted to speak to him alone. Half the time it really was just remarks about his odd markings, which he didn't mind so much; it wasn't a lie. At certain angles he resembled a bird more than a lion (ok, except for the mane).

"Ah, of course," he replied, knowing it was part of his duty, after keeping everyone safe from outside dangers. "I can assist with that.... whenever you are ready." He had to take a moment to consider his health, but he seemed fine enough. He glanced upwards at the vulture, feeling very aware of the fact that they had company while discussing this.

AstoriaFallen

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:23 pm
Safaia

At least he was familiar with females approaching him at this point, and what it was they were likely going to ask him for. It was normal for those that lived here their whole lives, though she could understand how it might seem odd to someone from the outside joining, as a few had stated in the past.

"Your courage on that day definitely lifted you up in the rankings." The very fact he hadn't turn tail and fled to safety had been really encouraging, especially since he had joined recently before that. Though, his sister had also been present, even so that spoke about him clearer than any conversation ever would have.

Eye's darted over towards where he was looking, Avani. "Ah, I can have her leave us?" Or at least fly overhead a ways so as to not be a bother.

The vulture, sensing eyes upon her turned to look towards the two felines and ruffled her feathers a bit. Shaking her head she waited for a signal from Liyana.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:52 pm
Giruvegan chuckled. "In matters such as these, everything is as the lady directs. I do not wish to offend you or your partner," he said, offering the vulture a short nod. "I will assist in any which way you wish, as is part of my duty. I only ask that you think well of me, and ah...." Well, perhaps asking that was too much, but clearly he had proven himself to some degree if she had approached him and not the other Inselelo.

"Well, regardless, I do appreciate your kind words. I did what I could, and I hope to only continue to serve." He nodded again, shaking his neck to air out his mane. The day was warm, and yet he was thankful that it hadn't yet seemed to rain as badly as it had done that night. He wasn't sure how well he would handle another heavy rainstorm like that, without the flashbacks to haunt him.

AstoriaFallen

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:27 pm
Safaia

Nodding her head she turned her gaze towards Avani and gave her a look. The vulture, who had been overlooking the couple the entire time could tell that she had finally went ahead and asked. Liyana needed to have more kids to keep her paws busy, aside from scouting about with her there wasn't much else for her to do. Avani was pleased, perhaps she'd be fortunate enough to have mostly girls and NONE of them leave, but who was to say in the end. Taking her leave the vulture bent her legs and pushed off, wings flapped once, twice, and she was gone into the sky, circling far enough above that everyone was just mere specks to her.

"Well, she's gone for now." Chuckling she smiled at the male. "I will always think well of you, you deserve it." It was just how she felt, she didn't have ill will towards anyone, probably one of the more 'open' females when it came to feelings and all that. She knew there were some hardcore traditionalists and they were all 'males are here for nothing else but to guard us and provide us with kids'. Liyana was not one of those types, but she didn't look down on them for their thoughts either. Everyone was entitled to feel however they felt about the matter, just don't drag her into it.

"As long as you keep doing what you can, you'll survive us yet." Giving him a wink she stood. "There was a spot over this way, if you'd care to join." With that she led the way for them, hoping perhaps she'd once again bring young mouths into this world.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:53 pm
The Inselelo nodded. "I will do my best," he said in regards to her comment on surviving. It wasn't the easiest way of life, but he rather enjoyed his work. He felt a sense of accomplishment with what protection he had been able to offer the ladies and youngsters.

"I will join you," he added with a soft smile. He followed after her, enjoying the soft breeze that danced around them. The weather had been lovely in these lands, ever since they had moved past that one rough early morning with the constant rains. He was always grateful for the beauty here.

(fin)

AstoriaFallen

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items