Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:25 pm
Peppermint Coffee

Nanogg and his lusus felt more or less at home in the bordering woodlands surrounding Four Fronds. The ground wasn't mushy, and occasionally huge ******** mansions that hinted at the overpriviledged outsider highbloods that lived there... but it was closer to familiar than the resort itself and, while Se'lune did her thing in the city, Nanogg continued her mapping job.

More or less.

He kept forgetting what he was doing, and thinking about the highly undeserved treasures surely hidden in the highblood hives scattered about. He wasn't sure how he would break in, but he felt a strong desire to take them and to break things.

Oh, the wonderful things he could grab. Oh the wonderful things he could pawn. Maybe metals to reforge?

But he had no idea how to do it.

Mari, perched on his shoulder, looked up as a rain drop pattered to the ground nearby. A few more drops -- it was raining.

"Damn." Nanogg said mildly, putting away his mapping supplies and putting up the oversized hood on his yellow coat. A mound caught his eye. It didn't seem to be surrounded by bones and other such things, and it looked interesting.

He approached, just to check it out... no need for shelter, just yet.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:31 pm
It seemed she was too late in debating to go out or not. As she peeked out of her home made dirt-mound hive, Weywot frowned hard and put one hand outside to feel a drop of rain.

"Oh, just great," she muttered, stepping fully outside. Maybe she should attach some kind of awning to be able to at least sit outside without getting soaking wet. She'd have to go diving for scraps of cloth or a tarp or something that the water won't soak through.

Weywot hated getting wet. It washed away the dirt, but not before making mud all over her.

Sometimes the troll thought she was allergic to the rain, to water in general because being clean made her feel so uncomfortable. It was like Lunear's tutelage just went to waste with her. She was no longer owning up to being a high tier blueblood.

Maybe she was trying, but there were many steps back and a few steps forward. Her pace was slow.

"Nnnngh. I wanted to go out today..." She was unaware anyone was near her dirt mound hive.

DraconicFeline"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:49 pm
As Nanogg came closer to the mound, it suddenly struck him that it was a hive. The colors were not present, so he had no idea what their caste was, but that was not unusual -- swamp homes were often not colored, or were decorated however the builders wished. Still, it was a curiousity, and it was a shelter. "Want to go in?" he asked his lusus, who chirped in miserable assent -- water ruined her hair -- before tensing on his shoulder.

"What's up?" Nanogg asked, looking around for whatever had alerted his lusus. She chirped again, pointing at the mound. He squinted into the intensifying rain.

Oh, hey.

There was a troll out in the entrance of the hive, about Se'lune's age or therabouts. They were still distant -- and kind of muddy -- but Nanogg caught the sight of distinct blue. A blueblood.

That was interesting, a dirty blueblood in a tiny little hive? Very interesting, out here, away from the swamp.

"Hey!" he greeted, "Mind if I get out of the rain?" He was curious now, to see what exactly he could find in this outsider's hive. Or, even, to just get his lusus out of the rain. He could feel Mari slowly getting more upset with every drop.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:58 pm
A voice startled the blueblood, her hand clutched her dirty shirt and she actually gave a yelp.

Want to go in?

"TH-THIS IS... THIS IS MY HIVE?" She said, pointing to the dirt pile she did by herself without the help of her Badgermom.

And then he asked to come in and Weywot thought she was going to have a panic attack at the thought, but she couldn't say no. He didn't look like he had anywhere else to go right now. So she looked up, letting the rain splatter on her face before she nodded and moved to the side. There was a wooden door that looked beat up and stolen, honestly, at the entrance. Inside there was where she slept, seating, and a shovel all situated around a hole in the ground that went really far down.

"U-UHM. Yes... you can COME IN."

She couldn't keep a handle on her voice range. She was so nervous around someone new, and she was trying to avoid touching him. No one wanted to be as dirty as she was.... except her.
DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:10 pm
"I figured?" Well, in the swamp there were un-owned hives, but Nanogg knew that there were not such things outside. He flashed her a sharp-toothed, young but charming smile.

"Thanks!" he said, just... walking on into what appeared to be a dirt tunnel. It kept out the rain, though, and Nanogg took off his hood and checked on his lusus.

Mari was fine. Damp, but fine. She gave the dirt and the hole a misgiving look, and Nanogg understood her trepidation. But, he turned around to observe his 'host.' They sure did not act like your usual highblood, but they also did not act like Quella -- where Quella was confident and moved with easy power and grace, this one...

... Well, maybe he shouldn't judge yet.

"So, what're your name and pronouns?" he asked, right out of the gate. Introductions were nice, and names were important. They gave you a sort of power over another. "I'm male -- he, him, that sort of thing." he contemplated a possibility -- to give her a false name, to limit the trade of power. "You can call me Nog."  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:23 pm
When he was in, she got in after him and shut the door against the rain before moving over to show him the only chair she had. She offered it to him with a flush to her face out of embarrassment. Lunear had told her she needed to get over feeling embarrassed and insecure, but honestly she didn't think she could ever 'get over it'.

When he asked about name and pronouns, she looked at him mildly confused.

"I'm Weywot. UHM. I DON'T.. know?" She tilted her head to one side. "S-she? I... never thought ABOUT IT BEFORE." A hand went to the back of her neck and smeared mud under her hair but she didn't seem to mind it.

"NOG. OK. I am sorry my place is a huge mess, BUT I NEVER GET C-COMPANY."

She hated randomly yelling. Maybe one day she'd be able to control it.

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:48 pm
The random yelling was driving Mari up a [dirt] wall, irritating her sensitive ears and causing the imp to glare angrily at the blueblood. It was getting on Nanogg's nerves, too, but he kept his face pretty placid and smiling. Because, in all honesty, it was no big deal. The dirt walls absorbed some of the sound, anyway.

"Great! Nice to meet ya, Weywot, and thanks for your hive it looks... well dug." Did she dig the whole thing herself? How deep did that hole go?

"I mean, I guess you don't need to think about it." Nanogg honestly didn't think too much about pronouns himself. He was pretty sure about it, but he remembered reading somewhere, in the swamp's damp and pilfered library, that he might have a clearer idea of it later on in his life. "If you're good with yourself, then you're good." He took a seat, took off the jacket, and shook it off -- just to help it dry. His symbol -- and his color -- were there for Weywot to see.

"Gotta say, I'm kinda surprised, it's not like yer out in the wilderness here. There's a mansion just a few minutes away from here." But, hey. Maybe she didn't want to talk to her neighbors.

"I ain't from around here, though, so what do I know." he continued, as Mari crawled to his chest and dried herself off on his shirt. He kept going as if nothing was happening, and as the rain drummed on the mud roof. "I'm out travelling, buying and selling interesting stuff, so I wouldn't know what yer neighbors are like."  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:28 am
Weywot didn't know what to do about her volume control. Honestly the troll was trying, but with her way of life, meeting others wasn't an every day sort of thing, so interacting with trolls was always hit or miss. Trolls and their lusus that is.

When he gave the compliment to her hive, her broken tooth smile appeared on her face and she nodded. "I made it myself. N-normally I live underground, BUT SO-SOMETIMES ...." She took a breath and wrung her hands together. "But someone said I should have a proper hive. S-so.. Those hives up the way are t-TOO BIG. I'M ONE TROLL!"

So he sold things? Her head tilted in curiosity. She didn't hear of anyone finding and selling things. She knew that's what happened, but she'd never met anyone who had done it for a living.

"What... do you sell? What kind of things?"

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:20 pm
"Fair, my hive isn't much but it's plenty for me and Mari, that's for sure." he said, managing not to wince at the sudden shifts in volume. His lusus glowered, clinging angrily to his now damp shirt, tail lashing, wanting her child to pay attention to her and soothe her offended nerves and, somehow, her ears.

Nanogg patted her head absently.

"Oh, handicrafts n' such. Mostly small figurines, glass jewelery or small replacement parts -- real easy to transport and everyone loves it. Hang on -- I got a few right here." he shuffled in his jacket with a free hand and pulled out a beaded bracelet, a small semiprecious pendant, and a bone figurine of a leapbeast -- a monkey, some people called it. Some of it waas Se'lune's work but the rest had been traded for along the way. "Most of what else I sell is back in town, but you ain't so far -- I can bring something by in your color if you're interested."

Mari reached for the bone figurine -- it was the easiest to grab. She huddled it to her tiny chest and fussed with it.

"Or, if knives are more yer style, I make 'em... and other metalcrafts, too. What'dya think?"  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items