Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oɴᴇ Pɪᴇᴄᴇ﹕Rᴀᴅɪᴀɴᴛ Dᴀᴡɴ

Back to Guilds

Hαve yoυ coмe тo prove yoυ вeloɴɢ oɴ тнeѕe ѕeαѕ... 

Tags: One Piece, Literate, Role Play, Battle, Adventure 

Reply Dᴇʙᴀᴛᴇ Fᴏʀᴜᴍ
Cocytus vs. Hatori, "Flame Emperor vs. Iceman"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tentaigo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:31 pm
Cocytus

Rango

Avedis Angelus

Tentaigo

Our Debate Mod:

Ryunosuke Ryusei

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:09 pm
I am stating that Cocytus shouldn't have enough power, DF raw power, to take on my attack head-on. Which he did in his post.

His DF power is 150

My DF attack is 270.

I don't know where he's getting the idea that he can compete with my DF in raw power.

Avedis may not know that customs don't boost stats anymore. Customs only boosts damage. Thus my marine's prowess is 270. He cannot take on my technique directly. (Which he did)

And his pirate's prowess is 150. My attack, Torch, should of engulfed his attack, but also damage him directly, and completely consume Cocytus in flames till Cocytus fell into the ocean.

Cocytus is standing on the ocean on his ice surface. Right now. With all his damage covered in flames. Yes. He should be fully submerged in water right now.

Avedis Last Post

Avedis Angelus

Ryunosuke Ryusei

Tentaigo

Ichengo Angelus

Man-Hungry Kitten

10,575 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:23 pm
Tentaigo

Ryunosuke Ryusei

I request Tentaigo's previous issue not be addressed as a "Ruling" but instead as a question.

It's possible that it works how he says it would work, in which case I will openly admit my mistake and edit my post without the necessity for there to be a ruling to edit it.

However I do believe it's still possible that it works the way I think it does which would mean the damage an attack does -is- it's power.

I'd rather not have a ruling wasted for what should instead be a question.
--

However, I'd like to request Tentaigo be informed his technique "Torch" is -not- an AOE, and should not be treated as such, which is what he seems to be trying to treat it as, considering how he words he posts when he uses it, as well as how he just claimed it would completely engulf my AOE.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:56 pm
Avedis Angelus
Tentaigo

Ryunosuke Ryusei

I request Tentaigo's previous issue not be addressed as a "Ruling" but instead as a question.

It's possible that it works how he says it would work, in which case I will openly admit my mistake and edit my post without the necessity for there to be a ruling to edit it.

However I do believe it's still possible that it works the way I think it does which would mean the damage an attack does -is- it's power.

I'd rather not have a ruling wasted for what should instead be a question.
--

However, I'd like to request Tentaigo be informed his technique "Torch" is -not- an AOE, and should not be treated as such, which is what he seems to be trying to treat it as, considering how he words he posts when he uses it, as well as how he just claimed it would completely engulf my AOE.

Never in my post did I state Torch is an AOE attack. I describe the attack so "you" don't try to change what the attack is in your next post.

You have a nack for manipulating others posts. Ignoring what they put in their post. To get away with your own means. You ignore situations in others post. Like it never happened. Manipulating time between posts to play it like your untouchable. Or give your character more of something than he really has.

My Torch attack specifically, consumes all in flames within 50ft. If your attack is Ice. It's all going to melt in 50 ft. Again.

How much damage someone is taking. And how much power is behind an attack are two different things. It's original power doesn't increase.

The guild just changed the rules up with customs. To make characters using customs give off more damage to enemies. It's not like a Haki boosting ability anymore. Where you can bolster your stats to increase damage.

Customs just do more damage if you're hit by it.

And you Avedis, definitely did not have more power than my attack. surprised Because your 150 prowess remains the same. surprised Even when using the attack. surprised

Tentaigo

Ichengo Angelus

Man-Hungry Kitten

10,575 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:31 am
That's funny that you claim that about me....because it's wrong. If anyone does such a thing as you described it is you.

Not once have I -ignored- what someone put in their post, aside from forgetting something. Which when mentioned I forgot about it I will gladly quickly edit in a proper response. I do not ignore situations in posts to get away with anything, and I do not manipulate time between posts, nor have I ever portrayed myself or my characters as untouchable. And I have definately never given a character I have the air of being or having more than they have. If you do something I have the right to attempt to react to it, similarly if I do something you have the right to attempt to react to it. However if you're going to post, and take 5 actions, then I have the right to take my reactions in a similar manner...or simply cut off some of the actions, if logical, through a reaction of my own. You can not simply do so many things in a post, expect all of them to take place, -then- expect a person's response to happen after all of your actions are done and over with. That is not how a fight works. Things happen within moments, you do not magically get to do each and everything you chose to in your post without any potential consequences. For lack of a better way to really put it, this is not the power rangers. I -can- hit you or run from you if you are going to monologue, just like you can to me as well. Which in fact we both did. I created distance while you were monologuing, and you cut off what I was saying to you to attack. Correct?

Clearly you have not read any of my fights. You are literally the only person I've had apparently unsolvable issues with. As such I simply didn't even want to deal with you. I wanted to just leave and not look back. But frankly, a certain two people wanted to get on my back about it, because it's metagaming, and I didn't want to deal with that either.

Regardless, if you look at my other three finished fights you will notice that we did not need to use the debate thread much. Wanna know why? We discussed whatever issues we had and came up with solutions to them.
Example 1: Gran vs Ark and Vot - There was a situation where I was unaware of the size the room the three of them in was pretty big. As such my technique I used which was intended on covering the whole room simply didn't. And I was cool with that cause that's how it went down. It allowed the other two involved to dodge what I wanted to be an undogable attack.

Example 2: Gran vs Eiza - The biggest issue we even really had was towards the end where something that hadn't made sense to me caused me to lose the fight. Understand Tentaigo, I lost, the, fight. Regardless we talked through any minor issues or discrepancies in posts and got through the fight with little arguement.

Example 3: Cocytus vs Guin vs Niklaus[kinda] - The first thing that happened in this fight was Guin swinging her sword at him. He phased it. The second thing was -basically- her swinging her sword again at him. This time with haki. He attempted to phase, I even deducted the stamina for him to use it, but of course as haki works how haki does he was hit. Cocytus had no reason to believe that someone would be able to hit him until he was hit, and after that it was as simple as 'holy s**t people can hit me.' I could have easily made up some bullshit, used haki and blocked, or avoided it some other way, but I did not. I attempted to phase because that was simply how it should have gone. Especially since he had just done it and it had just worked. In fact Guin hit Cocytus -two times- albiet once was while he was defending. He still two damage from Guin in two different instances. So I don't know why you are claiming that I am playing it like I am untoucable.

Example 4: Very recently, someone posted smacking Eiza in the head. He remember reading it, wrote my post, but forgot about the smack. The person simply messaged me telling me I forgot to respond to it, and I editted accordingly with Eiza being hit.

Example 5: In the fight between Rango and Eiza, I literally said in regards to the speed thing. It was under my assumption that I was allowed to react as I had previously asked about things like this and that is what I had been informed about. After which I was fully willing to take whatever because I had no reason to be able to dodge nor hit apparently because speed was the end all be all of everything. Anyways, after the edits were made. I noticed something simple, I informed you of it. "You can't really do that cause of this." -you- were the one that called for a ruling. I didn't, in fact all you would have had to do in that situation was make an edit in your post where you explicitly stated Rango releasing her, because that was the only thing I mentioned, he still had her grabbed because you stated he grabbed her and never said he let go, then you could have dodged however you wanted. However you did not. Instead you kept the posts as they were, and called for a moderator to rule on it which you lost. -Then- you tried to -phase through haki- to escape my grab. Which was outright just not possible in the least, and you for sure are well aware of that considering you're first attack against my logia character despite not being aware he is a logia in character utilized haki with your kick.

So, I need you to get your delusions out of here before we continue.

Anyways, your Torch attack is a single target attack, so it can not engulf everything in 50 feet in flames. Because that would make it an AOE. Which is not a listed affect of the technique, and as such does not work how you keep describing it. And if your wording on your technique makes it capable of doing this without it being tagged as an AOE I very simply will request this technique be revoked due to abuse of wording to circumvent a system.

And with that being said in regards to the damage ordeal.

Like I said before, I will repeat myself once.
It is possible it works like you say exactly. [something you clearly didn't read that I said the first time.]
I will openly admit my mistake and edit my post if that is the case. [again, something you seemed to not read the first time I said it.]

-However- It is possible that it works in such a way that I was under the impression it worked as. [Which is Damage = Power in cases such as these.]

So, once the question is answered. I will either adjust accordingly or await a post. Simple as that.

Now do not post again about this until we have a clear cut answer to the designated question, "Does damage = power, or does power = raw stat?"
Do not baselessly claim I do something out of spite.
And frankly stop posting as if your character's is more angry than usual, or as if your character's feelings are hurt because you're angry at someone for an ooc reason. It's annoying, and I don't even know what to call it, cause it's not really metagaming, but it's pretty meta.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:36 am
Oi oi, all this noise.

Alright gentlemen. Back to your corners. I'll make this quick to clear up the discrepancies. But first, lemme be frank. Tentaigo, stop your constant mud slinging. I don't care what emotional biased you hold for Avedis, but keep it out of my Debate Forum. I don't need to read extra for no reason. I only come for facts and that's it.

The issue is the attacks clashing if I'm correct and in this instance, Tentaigo is right. Damage is only increased but not power. However, because I can understood how this is misunderstood, I'll allow Ave to redo his post with that in mind.

Secondly, for the love of god, please put your techniques in the posts. I understand that isn't mandatory, but I think I'll make it a rule for it to be. No one should be searching for an explanation to how you did what you did.

Quote:
Technique Name: Taimatsu "Torch"
Description: Hatori the Flame Emperor, is a Logia, who ate the Mera Mera no mi. This man unleashes a great inferno from a single one of his hands, directed at any target he launches this powerful attack at. The fire generated by this attack completely consumes whatever is caught within it. The intensity of these flames grant + 50 [prowess] during attack.
Trait(s): Devil Fruit

Note, this technique is just a flamethrower with a long range. It comes out in the form of a stream because of how you worded this. In no way is it engulfing an entire 50 Ft of anything. Mostly, what's in front of you. And because of the speed changes, it'd be moving at a pace that Ave could feasibly be able to respond to without worry.

There you go. Have at thee.

Tentaigo

Avedis Angelus

Deecee Sama
Captain

Genius

Tentaigo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:48 pm
Avedis Angelus

Deecee Sama

Thank you Deecee.

Okay, Ave. This is far from over. Yo!~ Wait for my next post. Hehe!~ wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:15 am
Despite whatever, I already lost. Anything else done is kind of extra so I'm just gonna post here already.

So, for starters, my profile turned out updated in the time period of this fight's existence, and the preupdate statistics are when I portrayed through this fight. As such stat gains from win or loss of this fight should be calculated with the TSP prior to this update.

Which would be 546 TSP.

---

Also, That Asian Girl's character Masae also became part of the fight. Her profile located here.

I believe that is all I have to add to this thread.
Fight is over.  

Ichengo Angelus

Man-Hungry Kitten

10,575 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
Dᴇʙᴀᴛᴇ Fᴏʀᴜᴍ

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers