Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[FIN] Impromptu Lessons (Ealhild & Gudina)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:09 am
User ImageShe'd curled up by the river last night, farther from the pride than Ealhild had ever slept. Nothing but rocks and the solace of a single, scrubby excuse for a tree, all wrapped up with her in the dark. She'd chosen to sleep so far out for a reason: there was nothing out there but the sound of angry water rushing by. It was loud enough, thankfully, to drown out the cries of hungry cubs. It was almost loud enough to drown out the rumbling of her own stomach. Almost, but not quite.

Still, it was close to the best sleep she'd gotten since all of this started, so the lioness was in a pretty good mood as she stole her way to back out to the edges of the pride. It wasn't until she was almost there that she was honest with herself about what she wanted to find. Rather, who she wanted to find.

"Gudina?"

But here she stood, fairly certain that this was where she'd seen him before, and there was no sign of that dark pelt. What there was, though, was the scent of Stormborn. Eal's ears pricked forward, frowning at the realization that she could not tell who exactly it had been. A few sniffs more, and that scowl deepened. Of course, her friend had been here, too. Had someone caught him? Surely she would have noticed anyone coming in with a new thrall in tow - right?

Not like the pride was absolutely enormous, or anything. Certainly not like she'd been deliberately staying away.

"Gudina! You out there?" Tinges of concern, however faint, began to march the length of the lioness' spine. Hopefully, if someone tried to claim him as a thrall, he'd have the good sense to just run away. That's what she'd tell herself happened if he didn't pop out of one of the many outcroppings dotting the horizon. Her worries redoubled, prickling irritably at the tip of a twitching tail. And if he had run, well... Good for him. Not like he had any reason to stay. Better, in fact, to get away from this cursed land while he still had the chance.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:51 am
Anderleit

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Gudina had a lot of his mind, he wanted to help Ealhild and her people and to do that he had to learn their ways otherwise how could he understand anything about them. He didn't even know how to issue a duel challenge and he wanted to know. He walked along the river listening to the sound of its roar.

There wasn't a lot of if any duels issued when he was a cub and out in the rogue lands there was always the possibility of having to fight for what you wanted. It was a far cry different from the way he had grown up which was part of the point. He didn't want to live the way he had grown up which was why he had stuck out on his own. He wanted something more to sink his claws into. Then he had met Ealhild and he had made a promise to stay near her home and be there for her if she needed him. He heard his name called and he grinned. This would be the perfect time for him to learn about her culture.

"Of course I am here I made you a promise and I will never break it. I do need your help though I want you to teach me about dueling." His tone was firm and he would take no argument. "You are not talking me out of it either so don't even think it. I met a reaver so I know that I need to duel to get in, she wouldn't fight me since I didn't know how to issue the challenge, but I will figure it out." He chuckled "Then I can distract you from the crying cubs." He grinned he didn't care if the gods made him feel like he was starving to death he wanted to be with Ealhild.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:45 pm
He wanted what?

Her pale gaze could do nothing but blink at him. One might have mistaken her for stunned silent, but it was so much more than that. Ealhild couldn't decide if she wanted to grin at the sheer depth of Gudina's pluck, laugh at the very idea of her teaching him to duel - like an eager youth! - or scream at him for his stupidity. The array of emotions crashed in on her all at once, and as each dueled the other for dominion in her brain, there were scant beats between them where the only the river replied to the lion's claims.

Screaming won out moments later, though. "You want to...? Are you mad?!" A suddenly animated Ealhild bared her teeth, each word emerging in a snap of her jaws. A lashing tail punctuated the words, its tip bristled such that it more resembled a cotton puff than anything else. That pale gaze had changed as well; from a blank stare to skeptical, incensed incredulity all in an instant. "You don't look like you've ever dueled a day in your life! You'll be captured if you lose! And if you win, you'll feel hungry all the time. Like, never full, ever again!" Stormlords above, why would he want that? As if he hadn't heard a word she'd said to him! It was like talking to a hedge!

The simple answer was that he didn't want that. No matter how foolishly he said otherwise. He didn't know what he was in for, and because of that, she would do him the most generous favor she could grant and outright refuse to teach him. Simple as that.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:26 am
Anderleit

Gudina was set in his choice he had made a promise and he would keep it, Ealhid was the reason he had stayed in the storm born lands for so long and the reason he had sought out how to join the storm born. "It is a small price to pay to keep the promise I made you, besides they said what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, I will become a reaver and then a captain. Just wait and see Ealhild I can do this." The conviction in his voice was strong. Gudina was a strong male with even stronger ambition. He wasn't like the lion Scar from history he wouldn't join the Outlanders and become a scar he would become a Stormborn it was the power he desired.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:33 am
Nope, hedges were more responsive. Ealhild rolled her eyes, her snarl and pointed glare making it very clear what she thought about her foolish friend's promises. Despite herself, though...she was a little impressed. Only a little. Bullheaded persistence and unfailing belief in himself could get Gudina far in the ranks of the Storm, but he would have to be able to back his boldness with action. Otherwise, wouldn't matter if he managed to pass his duel or not: he'd talk himself into a fight he couldn't handle. Even if he managed to survive that, get hurt too badly and he'd be pride-locked as a Freeborn by force. At least as an aspiring Reaver, he'd be able to leave.

"You wanna be a Reaver? Fine," she growled at him, sinking into a crouch even as her lips raised. Pale eyes stayed trained on him, derisive and still a touch angry - rightfully so! - as their bearer circled the rogue like so much prey. "You're gonna have to fight for it. Being Stormborn means being ready to fight, always, and every day is a good day to die. It means having a spine made of lightning, blood made of iron and a voice like thunder." That last came out a guttural, dragging sort of snarl. "Even if you don't have those things," and her tone made it clear that she didn't believe he did, "when you call out your challenge for a duel, you'd better act like you do. 'Cause the Stormborn who answers you will.

"Show me. Show you me you have an ounce of fight in you."
Her tail lashed, brow furrowing when she glared at Gudina and the river beyond him. He spoke with fervor, sure, but just because she liked his gumption didn't mean everyone would. Heck, it would probably be just the opposite. It was becoming more and more clear to Eal that the pride she called home was a nasty place, and she needed to make sure he was prepared for that.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:10 am
Anderleit

Gudina cocked his eyebrow "Do you want me to fight you Ealhild?" He knew that females were powerful in their own right and there were good odds that she could kick his a** since he didn't have a lot of experience at fighting except for random battles in the rogue lands before he started hanging around the storm born and met Ealhild and learned of her plight. He roared as loudly as he could to show her that he did indeed have a voice like thunder he was not a weak cub, he was a full-grown powerful male.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Anderleit rolled 3 4-sided dice: 3, 2, 2 Total: 7 (3-12)

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:29 pm
Eal's brow raised right back, lips peeling away from fangs a moment later. She thought she'd made herself perfectly clear. "I do." Not a bad bellow on him, but he would have to do better. The lioness waited until she was done before countering with a roar of her own - one filled with the fury of his refusal to listen to reason, the frustration of constant hunger, and the confusion, the grief that came with realizing that something really rotten stewed at the core of the Myrsky.

She didn't want to think about the fact that even now, her first reaction was to vent her problems to this rogue, this outsider. Didn't want to consider that perhaps that was part of the problem. Wasn't she just lamenting to herself that she had not sought the company of others - wasn't that the reason she was just a freeborn now, instead of a Reaver? No, those were hard things to consider. It was far easier just to spring at him, muscular limbs and wide-flexed claws seeking purchase in his shoulders.

MiddyGlow

MiddyGlow rolled 3 4-sided dice: 3, 4, 4 Total: 11 (3-12)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:10 am
Gudina growled at her and showed his teeth "Very well then I will show you I have the strength to be a member of your pride." He leaped at her and attacked, not at full force since he did not want to hurt her, but with enough force to prove to her, he was not a weakling. He wanted this he wanted to be in this pride with her and stand by her as her friend, through thick and thin. In order to do that he needed to show her, he could handle the pain of battle and the pain of the famine.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:29 pm
There were larger lions among the Storm - her own half-siblings numbered among them - but Ealhild had yet to fight any of them. And Gudina, though he was not quite their size, met the lioness' charge with an aplomb that surprised her. He met her outstretched charge toe-to-toe. Despite a snarl from the freeborn and her own best efforts, his following attacks were just as fierce. Perhaps determination would do Gudina well after all - it certainly seemed to bolster his blows here.

Perhaps, too, she was just out of touch. She was supposed to be Storm-blooded, and here she was losing blows to a rogue! For all she was affronted by the corruption in the pride, perhaps the problem lie with her. Maybe she was simply too weak to take her place among the Myrsky that they had become. That didn't measure up to what Jaddis had said, though. And it didn't change the things she had seen, or the hunger they were all going through...

"You're not bad." She murmured, drawing the fight short with a growl. Even she couldn't decide if she was proud of the way he had fought, or furious at her own defeat; the expression within her pale gaze likely didn't make it any clearer. "But you're not good, either. You'll have to fight harder than that against the one you challenge for entry to the Stormborn." Eal drew back onto her haunches, considering the lion before her. Her ears pressed against her skull, but in spite of the foul mood...she believed that he could do it. Unless the Stormlords were truly against him, Gudina would win his way in. Hopefully he wouldn't hate her once he'd done so. She'd warned him.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:40 am
Anderleit

Gudina knew that Eal was right he would need more practice before he would be able to fight his way into the pride. It would not be easy and he could tell she still didn't like the idea of him joining her harsh warlike pride. He didn't want to leave her alone though. It would be hard for her to deal with the famine and everything else going on right now. He had decided to face it with her as her friend. So he would find a battle to enter the pride and stay strong with her. "You are right and I will keep fighting till I am ready to challenge for entrance. I will not give up." He said firmly. He had made a promise and he would not break it. "I will see you again soon Eal."

(Fin)  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas