[FIN][PRP - Belrea] Inky hands [Amalric | Kalanc] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:10 am
Excellent! I’ll give you a good rate, too…

Amalric’s eyes were bright with appreciation. What a good morning. He had no doubt what the boy said was true, too. He stood out starkly wherever he went and didn’t have the clout or understanding of norms to challenge any assertion given to him at face value. He simply had to trust them, or not.

This one, he decided, seemed very trustworthy.

“I’ll recommend you to everyone I know,” Amalric promised in return. Of course, so far that was only really the two people he lived with, but…now that he thought on it, Ritz certainly had her share of texts. And Rivyn, too, though of a different genre. Still. He tucked it away as a thought for later.

He would be making connections here soon, hopefully, in any case. The more doors he could open within the walls of their education system and stores of knowledge — whether they be people or libraries — the better.

I really want to own a newspaper.

He looked immediately up from the text he was skimming, giving the boy his full attention again—what was his name? Had he even said his name?

I want to print my own and get news from all around Tendaji. One global paper that prints the important stories going on.

Amalric hadn’t been more intrigued since airships had descended from the sky. Was it even possible? He seemed to appreciate at least that it was a momentous task, but—perhaps not wholly beyond reach. ‘If you can think it…

“That sounds…amazing. It would be the most phenomenal thing- If you could make it work. The complications- Oh, but to have it, for there to be that level of communication—it could change the world…”  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:25 am
I'll recommend you to everyone I know."

"O-oh wow, thank you! That will be a huge help to our business!" Kalanc laughed afterwards and pushed his hair around on his head, seeming like a bashful movement more than anything.

The complications...

"It''ll be a giant headache, a burden, but... It's what I want." He emphasized the last word with had movements that still couldn't communicate how much he wanted it. Words felt so insufficient right now. If there was a way to pour these emotions into someone, Kalanc would do it right now. If Amalric looked close enough he could see those hands shaking a little bit before the kid sighed all together and shrugged.

"I just think, even if I can't achieve it in my lifetime, someone can build on it and see my dream through." He held his chin up and shrugged with pursed lips. "I want to see how things evolve in your country now that we've opened the lines of communications. I want to tell other people that story, to expand those minds and clear up the shrouds of fog and mystery surrounding all of us."

Those purple eyes were sparkling so brightly as he thought about it. A future where everyone could be aware of situations, maybe lend a hand where they could during times of crisis. Something like that could be possible.

"I'm along way off from that. I'm saving to find a good building, the equipment I need. I've gotta start so local, make a name for myself here...So. I love repairing books, too. It's preserving history! I don't mind this work in the slightest bit."  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:52 am
It’s what I want.

Amalric could feel it, just listening to him. There was a presence to the words that far surpassed anything that could be communicated through spoken dialogue alone. The passion was there, in the air, in the energy around them, in the way his eyes lit up and his posture seemed to make him bigger than himself without anything really changing.

Amalric felt in a moment that this was an opportunity.

Maybe this was a dream too big to be realized yet, but maybe it wasn’t, and even if it was, he already seemed to have come to terms with that possibility and was willing to pursue it anyway. It was precisely the variety of passion necessary to make the impossible possible, and if Amalric knew anything he knew that was the sort of attitude that changed lives.

“I’m sorry,” he said, “did you ever give me your name? I introduced myself, but—I think again is relevant now. I’m Amalric Belwater. I’m an academic and I’ve come here from Zena’s capitol and Daurelts Academy, arguably the most distinguished university in Tendaji. I’m here on research, funded by the school. Yours certainly isn’t exactly my field but…you have so much drive, and that is exactly the sort of open line I would hope to work toward between the nations. If there is anything I can do to help, please don’t hesitate to call on me.”

He glanced to the desk and the parchment where the boy had scribbled his name down already.

“Do you have paper I might write on? I can give you the address I’m currently living at. Perhaps we could get together some in the future to discuss your plans? Over lunch, maybe. I have a fairly busy schedule, but I am so intrigued by your idea, it just-” It should happen. The world would be a better place. “I want a future where this exists.”  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:09 pm
Amalric understood. He understood Kalanc's passion. It brightened the whole boy's face up once he realized. The red-head laughed to himself and nodded to himself. A kindred spirit was found today, someone as passionate as he was. They didn't align exactly, but they were both wanting to learn more things about one another, just for different reasons.

I'm sorry, did you ever give me your name?"

Kalanc blanched at the social blunder he suffered without realizing it and made a noise after Amalric's speech. "I'm so, so sorry! I'm Kalanc Stone. And well, you know what I love to do now." The boy wasn't sure if he should offer his hand, they already did that after all, but this was a proper introduction.

Then Amalric asked for paper and Kalanc went to retrieve the pad and pencil he was using to take notes down and offered it to the other man. "Oh wow. Thank you so much! I'll definitely be taking you up on this. I'm going to need all the help I can get when things finally get set in motion." He laughed and waited with a blush on his cheeks.

Maybe he found a friend today. "I'm always in the repair shop, or above it where I live. So just... stop by when you want lunch. I'll make time! Even if it's for like fifteen minutes."  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:29 pm
I’ll definitely be taking you up on this…

Amalric smiled as he took up the offered writing utensil, filling in all information Kalanc might find useful—his name, his address, and the names of his housemates.

…stop by when you want lunch. I’ll make time!

He hummed. “I will do just that, then.”

And from there, everything felt almost as though they’d known each other longer than but a few minutes. Amalric purchased the books Kalanc had fetched for him, but lingered, perusing the shelves and adding several more to his final roster amidst discussion before finally making his way out: a little poorer in pocket, but with the familiar promising weight of new information strapped physically at his hip—and looming metaphorically in the horizon.

It had been a very good ‘mistake’ to walk in on after all.

So much so, by the time he left, he’d forgotten entirely about heading to the real bookstores. By the time he arrived home to catalog and sift through where to start, and realized this blunder, he could only laugh at himself. Fortunately, they were not the sort of opportunity that drifted away in time if not called upon immediately.

They could happen on another day. Today already had much to boast about after all.  
◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff