Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Continue? [Unova Badge Run] (Ter) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:51 am
As Emolga drew near to Simon, I could only smirk. The move I had in mind might not have as much punch to it as Rock Slide, but hopefully, it would take the Electric/Flying Pokemon down just as quick. "Wait for him to get within arm's reach, and then encase him in a Rock Tomb," I told Simon once Emolga was already too close to get away, although the Drillbur did need to submerge himself slightly, in order to get the rocks needed to entomb Emolga. He took a fair bit of damage from Acrobatics as he re-emerged, but as tired as he was getting, it didn't stop him from smothering Emolga with rocks ala Rock Tomb.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:23 am
Emolga was indeed too close to avoid the Rock Tomb, even with its speed advantage. As the rocks began to pile around it and inflict damage on the Emola it seemed certain that this tomb would be its proverbial grave for the battle until Elesa ordered another command. "Iron Tail! Show us a flourish!" The gym leader ordered.

With a look of determination Emolga would spin around as well as it could and with a Steel energy infused tail shattered the partial Rock Tomb before it could complete imprison it, sending chunks of rock flying around it including at Drilbur. The Emolga would stand there among the rubble, panting from exhaustion. While it avoided the full force of the Rock Tomb and prevented its self from being trapped the Rock type move still did enough damage to bring it down to running on fumes. It was not going to hang around in this battle for much longer.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:28 am
As I saw Emolga panting in exhaustion, a cruel idea flooded my mind. "Give him a taste of his own medicine, Simon. Aerial Ace!"

Simon leapt in the air and dived at Emolga with both his claws, hoping that Rock Tomb had weakened the flying Electric-type to the point that pretty much any attack would faint it, and while Simon wasn't feeling so hot himself, he couldn't help but feel excited with victory seemingly in his grasp. With Flying-type energy imbued in his claws, Simon sank on a collision course with Emolga, hoping this to be the final strike against him.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:22 am
And it would be, the Drilbur striking true and landing a direct hit on the exhausted Emolga, the Flying Squirel swept off the ground and rolling onto the floor unceremoniously, knocked out cold. The crowd would gasp as a spotlight was cast on Drilbur and Terashi as if they were expected to do something, a long pause before Elesa finally withdrew her Emolga and the spotlights clicked off. "Not one for show I take it." The gym leader said with a smile.

"This next one is special, a designer Pokemon gifted to me by that artist genius of Castelia City. You all know him, let's send some love up to gym leader Burgh and this beautiful Pokemon he bred for me!" Elesa announced before tossing out a Net Ball, the device popping open to unleash a Galvantula, the giant spider skittering around a bit and crackling with static electricity as it prepared to fight.

"Your Drilbur has quickly gone out of fashion but we'll give it a properly lit send off. Energy Ball!" The gym leader ordered. The Galvantula would respond by charging up a mass of Grass energy between its mandibles before launching the beautiful sphere of energy at Drilbur with deadly force. On impact it would explode in a shower of green sparkles like a firework causing the crowd to 'ooo'.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:12 pm
Simon was just landing from his attack when Energy Ball collided with his body knocking him back and making him faint. I returned him soundlessly and was regretting not keeping either Angeal or Reese in my party. Still, I did have an answer to Galvantula, and it came in the form of the living embodiment of human-disposed garbage with an identity crisis. "Now that your flier's out of the way, let's make things interesting. Scatter your caltrop Spikes, Odo!"

The Garbodor smiled widely as Spikes shot out of his body scattering Elesa's precious catwalkbattlefield. With my only Ground-type out of play, I had to take a more strategical approach to the rest of this battle if I want to walk away with the Bolt Badge.

~*~

Keiko frowned as Odo came out. Given the type of people watching the fight, as well as Elesa's behavior up to this point, it was fair to think that Odo would receive a negative reaction to his presence which would only make him break down like he did in Burgh's gym due to his type dismorphia. "I hope you know what you're doing," she muttered worriedly.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:17 am
TerashiLeonGoken

As soon as Odo appeared from its ball Keiko's worries would be confirmed in every way as the crowd gasped, 'ew'd', and made comments about how 'gross' the creature was and what not. The formerly rambunctious crowd was now repetitively mute save for the dismayed reactions over the Garbodor's appearance, Keiko herself didn't hear not even a single good comment, the revulsion was unanimous.

After Odo had scattered its Spikes around, causing Galvantula to startle just slightly until it realize none of them were actually targeted at it directly, the crowd would boo at Odo. At this point Elesa would appear annoyed with the crowd and stamp her right foot, her shoe's raised heel clicking with the crowd with a loud 'snap'. As if trained the crowd started to quickly hush and instead waited to see what Elesa would do next.

"My apologies for the audience's reaction to your latest model." She told Terashi before turning back to the battle at hand. "Galvantula, take back the stage, use Electroweb darling!" The gym leader ordered.

Raising up on its back legs Galvantula would quickly construct a very intricate web crackling with electricity. The spider would hold it up for a brief moment to let the audience see the very impressive pattern, one could tell Elesa had trained it not only in battle but in design. It resembled the gym's own badge! That was neat. Once its showy display was down the spider would snatch its self into the air going backwards as it launched a String Shot from its end onto the ceiling and as it whipped up into the air it flung the Electroweb down at Odo, hoping to ensnare it in its shocking web. This display got the audience pumped up again as they began to cheer.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:13 am
"Ignore them, Odo," I ordered, knowing that the crowd's reaction to him would hurt his feelings otherwise. "The fight's all that matters right now." Of course, as soon as I said that, Elesa put her foot down quite literally, even going so far as to apologize to Odo and me, which took me by surprise by quite a bit. Someone as focused on fasion and looks as her was not someone I expected to be as tolerant of a Pokemon like Odo. Nevertheless, thankful as I was for her actions, I couldn't let my gratitude lower my guard. When Garvantula threw an Electroweb at Odo, neither one of us bothered to acknowledge it. Sure, Odo would be hurt by it, but he was a tough Pokemon despite his looks. That said, Garvantula resisted a lot of Odo's better moves, so getting decent damage in without showing my hand wouldn't be easy moving forward.

"Show him how much stronger you can be, Odo. Overwhelm him with Dark Pulse!" I ordered. Odo cheerfully channeled Dark Energy into a large sphere and launched it at Galvantula. The spider might be able to dodge it, but while it wasn't weak to it, it would deal decent damage if it couldn't avoid it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:44 am
TerashiLeonGoken

"Show him how much stronger you can be, Odo. Overwhelm him with Dark Pulse!" I ordered. Odo cheerfully channeled Dark Energy into a large sphere and launched it at Galvantula. The spider might be able to dodge it, but while it wasn't weak to it, it would deal decent damage if it couldn't avoid it.

Elesa would smile upon hearing Terashi's command, the Garbodor letting loose a sphere of darkness at her own Galvantula. Fortunately for her Galvantula was naturally faster than Garbodor and now thanks to the Electroweb Odo was even slower. Just one more step to getting the upperhand.

"Agility, Galvantula!" The gym leader ordered. With a glow of pink energy in its eyes the spider would suddenly gain a burst of speed as it jettisoned its self to the right, sliding across the ground. The impact of the Dark Pulse on the ground next to it did cause it to lose balance and flip over but the spider would regain its balance and land correctly. That Dark Pulse hurt it but not as badly as it could have. Apparently Elesa was banking on gaining a speed advantage over Odo making hitting it that much harder.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:24 pm
While Keiko was beside herself with worry, Elesa wasn't the only one smiling. "Now, why would I let you build an advantage against me when Odo here can wipe it away in one move? Show her what I mean!" I shouted. Odo, with a cheer, began emitting a odorless gas infused with Ice-type energy that would infuse or sap the energy of a Pokemon that comes in contact with it, depending on what they've been affected with. With this, assuming Galvantula can't escape it, Elesa's speed advantage has been nullified. "And the best part about this is that Odo can pretty much do this all day, so you might want to come up with another strategy before it's too late."  
SubonicXP generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 80!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:59 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
While Keiko was beside herself with worry, Elesa wasn't the only one smiling. "Now, why would I let you build an advantage against me when Odo here can wipe it away in one move? Show her what I mean!" I shouted. Odo, with a cheer, began emitting a odorless gas infused with Ice-type energy that would infuse or sap the energy of a Pokemon that comes in contact with it, depending on what they've been affected with. With this, assuming Galvantula can't escape it, Elesa's speed advantage has been nullified. "And the best part about this is that Odo can pretty much do this all day, so you might want to come up with another strategy before it's too late."

The crowd again booed at Odo, displeased with the icy cloud of gas as it robbed Galvantula of its new sheen. Really it wasn't because it was a bad move but because it came from a Pokemon like Odo. Elesa ignored them for now and focused on the battle at hand. "Very good, I can see how you were able to take care of my dear friend Burgh so easily. However you'll find our artistic tastes are very different. Galvantula, Thunder."

Deciding to no longer toy with Terashi the gym leader would command her Pokemon to finally go on the offensive. Galvantula would stare at Odo for awhile as its body began to crackle with electricity, its many eyes twitching around, its Compound Eyes making sure they got a good lock on the Garbodor. When the spider felt like it saw a good moment and position to strike from it would unleash a showy and booming bolt of electricity straight up into the air which would arch over and come crashing down upon Odo from above. Thanks to its ability the move was far more accurate than normal but there was still a chance Odo could avoid it.

(If greater than 91 it misses.)  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:52 am
Galvantula's Thunder certainly hurt, but the reaction from the crowd hurt Odo deeper, and he was starting to show signs of breaking down like he did against Burgh. While I wasn't upset about that as I could see it coming, I was very disappointed in Elesa's fans for being this shallow. Sure, Garbodor isn't the best looking Pokemon, but there are less pleasant Pokemon out there, and gym battles are supposed to be about a Pokemon's inner strength and their bond with their Trainer. That said, bringing this up likely wouldn't change anything.

"Sorry, Odo. I know you're not down for the count yet, but maybe you should take a break. I promise I'll bring you back out before the battle's over, though," I said calmly, not bothering talk loud enough to be heard over the crowd. I waited a second to let my words sink into Odo's mind before recalling him and raising my voice. "Not even I'm immune to the mood of the crowd. Maybe a better-looking Pokemon will improve their mood. Come on out, Rala," I added loudly enough to be heard by the crowd as I let said Gardevoir out of her ball.

"Don't worry, I didn't bring this Pokemon just for her looks. Fire Punch, Rala," I said again, only loud enough for Elesa to hear. Rala smiled, happy that she wasn't brought out just to soothe the crowd, and rushed at Galvantula, channelling Fire-type energy through her fist and swinging at the giant spider.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:05 pm
TerashiLeonGoken

"Don't worry, I didn't bring this Pokemon just for her looks. Fire Punch, Rala," I said again, only loud enough for Elesa to hear. Rala smiled, happy that she wasn't brought out just to soothe the crowd, and rushed at Galvantula, channelling Fire-type energy through her fist and swinging at the giant spider.

"Beautiful Pokemon you have there, I hope it's style is just as interesting." Elesa commented before Rala lit her fist aflame and came at her spider swinging. It was too sudden to get Galvantula to move out of the way so she would do the next best thing. "Hang in there darling and use Leech Life!"

Bracing its self for impact the spider would take the super effective Fire Punch head on, the only saving grace was that Gardevoir weren't exactly the strong physical attackers however that did not diminish the pain it suffered all that much. The other thing that sparred it was its quick timing in retaliating upon contact and big its fangs into the arm of the Gardevoir, immediately proceeding to suck the life giving energy out of it and begin the process of healing its self.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:54 am
It wasn't a bad plan, but because Rala was also a Fairy-type, it wasn't a super-effective move, and Leech Life wasn't all that powerfull of a move by itself. But the cherry on top was that Leech Life was only drawing Rala closer to her enemy. "Alright, no more holding back! Give that spider a face full of Moonblast at point-blank range!" I yelled, ignoring the itching in my arm.

Rala lifted the arm that wasn't getting chewed on and gathered Fairy-type energy into it, creating a large orb of the stuff and slamming it down upon Galvantula, hoping to use this as an opportunity to pull back from the Bug-type's mouth as well as dealing damage to it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:25 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
It wasn't a bad plan, but because Rala was also a Fairy-type, it wasn't a super-effective move, and Leech Life wasn't all that powerfull of a move by itself. But the cherry on top was that Leech Life was only drawing Rala closer to her enemy. "Alright, no more holding back! Give that spider a face full of Moonblast at point-blank range!" I yelled, ignoring the itching in my arm.

Rala lifted the arm that wasn't getting chewed on and gathered Fairy-type energy into it, creating a large orb of the stuff and slamming it down upon Galvantula, hoping to use this as an opportunity to pull back from the Bug-type's mouth as well as dealing damage to it.

That was it for Galvantula, the point blank Moon Blast slamming into it and sending it flying as it released Rala, rolling onto the ground and stopping knocked out. With a flourish Elesa would recall her spider and tuck it away into her outfit.

"A properly dramatic victory requires a dash of danger and a pinch of peril. You may walk away from here with my badge but I can at least provide our audience with the show they deserve." With that said the lights went off and a red spotlight shined down on the field in front of Elesa, another would click on, a blue one which shined next to it. The two spotlights would move around wildly for a bit before meeting together and shining on the same spot causing the colors to combine to purple. Both spotlights would flash off and back on, when they turned back on a Zebstrika now standing under the combined lights.

"Strikaaa!" The Thunderbolt Pokemon brayed, the lights in the gym turning back on and the spit lights going off.

"Zebstrika, Flame Charge!" Summoning forth burning energy Zebstrika would make a mad dash straight for Rala, its body burst into flames as it became a speeding flaming meteor headed for a collision course with the Gardevoir, its speed increasing in the process.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
TerashiLeonGoken generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 7!

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:43 am
Rala pushed herself back, and when she landed, she was holding her arm. The itching in mine started to hurt a bit more, which was not expected. This increase coudln't have been just Galvantula's physical strength. This would require research when I got back to HQ. For the moment, however, we had another problem, and a solution came into mind that I almost never used. "Let's try this. Rala, use Hypnosis. Let's see if we can stop him entirely by putting him to sleep."

Rala nodded and focused her Psychic-type energy directly to Zebistrika's mind, attempting to induce hypnotic patterns into its mind's eye as a means of inducing drowsiness. With the pain she was going through, however, success was not guaranteed as the move required complete focus to put the opponent to sleep.

(If the number is six or below, Zebistrika is asleep.)  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff