[PRP] The Priestess Way

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:03 pm
After speaking with Nipsting, K'i-lin was quick to excuse herself from Aldan's company, heading for the heart of the pride. She didn't fully believe what the adult said, but there were tugs in her heart that made her question the words. The pale lioness was all but running, wanting to speak with one of the priestess themself.

If she could get the scoop from one of them, then she could make a better opinion on if what Nipsting had said was completely true or if she was just pulling strings.

Purple eyes scanned the area. She hadn't really met a priestess before, but knew they would be gathered around here somewhere. Besides, if she couldn't get the inside information herself, what better opportunity to state her case and try to become one of them?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:23 pm
User ImageThe green lioness always carried a lot of things around with her. Saddlebags always straddled her back and ropes made of herbs draped around her neck drying as she walked. At the moment bad things were happening. The pride was sick. That sickness couldn’t be solved by her herbs but she could at least help with ill stomachs and she could also prevent lionesses from getting pregnant. This was why she was carrying around so much stuff. A lot of her potions needed to be made on the spot they needed to be ground and peppered and rubbed. It was a busy time for her.

Datura Padded along, very noisily only to stop in her tracks when the purple eyed lioness came in to view. She wasn’t that far from her own den and any that came here were probably looking for something from the priestesses. “You look lost.” She rumbled, her voice a low questioning rumble.

Syrius Lionwing

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:06 am
Syrius Lionwing

K'i-lin blinked, seeing the green lioness approach. She looked at all the items the female carried and quirked an eyebrow. She wasn't use to seeing many carry trinkets around.

At her question, the kirin shook her head. "Oh, no. Not lost...just...I'm not sure if I need to speak with the War Lord or go straight to a priestess about this." The adolescent advised. She had never met Datura before, but the female carrying all the items piqued an interest.

"Do you need any help with those?" The female asked, referring to the bags that seemed to straddle the other.

"Looks like you have your paws full..." K'i-lin ignored the feelings in her stomach, becoming use to the constant grumblings that seemed to plague her and others in the pride.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:35 am
KasaiLoki

“If you are looking for a preistess, you have found one.” She raised a brow, she was busy, but if someone had come to her with the ache that was going around she could take a moment to listen. “What do you need? Can you walk while you talk though? I have a lot of creatures to visit today.”

Datura looked the young female up and down. She seemed sturdy enough, but would she trust anyone with the cargo she carried? Not normally. She didn’t even have any thralls because of this. She had been considering acquiring a thrall of late though, there were so many complaints going around that she was feeling a little more than over worked. Her own belly rumbled after all, yet she soldiered on.

“If you don’t mind the smell, you can carry the herbs. The scent will stick to you though. It’s not a smell everyone appreciates.”

Syrius Lionwing

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:51 am
Syrius Lionwing

Oh. She was a priestess?

K'i-lin's ears perked forward with interest. "Well...then I think you are someone I am looking for. I...would like to petition to become an apprentice of a priestess, so when I am full grown I can help the pride out too." Her dad was a reaver, but the rank did not call to her the way it called to others. K'i was okay with staying put in the pride, and not leaving unless she needed to.

When Datura said she could carry the herbs, she gladly accepted. She sniffed them, finding the smell not too repulsive, but she could see what the lioness meant.

"I'm K'i-lin. My dad is Bast'ion, the reaver," The kirin stated, figuring she would need to introduce herself soon. She didn't know much about her mother. She hadn't seen her in many months.

"I can help take care of the pride too...It seems a lot aren't well." Some cubs in particular came to the female's mind. They should be priority.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:09 am
KasaiLoki

An apprentice? Well that certainly was a surprise. She had been a preistess for long enough to take one on of course she simply hadn’t had any come to her yet. The names she spoke meant very little to her, normal lions, reavers, freeborn, didn’t really interest her in the least, in that their names didn’t really matter, she simply had to treat their ailments. Or on the other paw poison them should they really annoy her.

She helped to drape the strings of herbs around the younger lionesses shoulders. The smell of these herbs and others never went from her fur. That was fine by her, but this was certainly a first step to becoming a preistess, accepting weird smells.

“Yes, things are not well with the pride at the moment, we are stretched thin.” She paused and pursed her lips looking at the lioness as she started to walk away. “You know, it is not all about helping others. There are things, you have to do, you will be required to do that may turn your stomach. You can’t flinch at such things.’ She raised a brow at the lioness though she continued to walk, she had dens to visit.

Syrius Lionwing

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:23 am
Syrius Lionwing

K'i-lin remained silent, her ears flickering every now and then awaiting to hear if the other would accept her as the apprentice. She slightly pawed the ground, before stilling as the other draped the herbs over her neck.

"I can see. It seems some of the younger freeborns, my age, have gone off to also see if there is anything they could do to help. They think becoming a reaver will help the pride out. I can see that slightly working...maybe whatever is affecting the land is just doing so here, and not out there." But she had no ambition to join the ranks. When Ayanga had come up to her asking, Ki-lin politely declined.

"Another...Nipsting," she didn't know if the priestess knew that name or not, "mentioned there was more to being a priestess... Involving sacrifices to the gods?" She stated. "Is...is that what you mean. No flinching if that were to start up?" She didn't think her pride would stoop to sacrificing innocent lions, however, if that was what needed to happen, the kirin would put on a brave face and try her hardest to not let the idea bother her.

"I...I would like to show you that I could do it."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:52 am
KasaiLoki

The green preistess raised a brow, her eyes met the others for a brief moment and while she had not expected that answer she shrugged her shoulders. She did not expect anyone to be sacrificed at the alter to rid the land of what ever was plaguing it. Though she had no ideas what it was she could see and treat the symptoms. Everyone was starving despite full bellies, the herds were revolting and while desperate thralls tried to stop them she had seen many tended beasts run.

“That is one aspect, yes, the other.” She paused and took a breath. “It may upset you to hear that some lionesses do not want to be mothers, yet they, dabble.” She laughed at the word she used, it fitted this particular situation. “Unwanted cubs are not a laughing matter though. Sometimes they need to go before they arrive.” She let a sigh roll over her lips, the situation they were in at the moment had warranted more than one of this particular scenario. The sounds of hungry cubs of sick children had turned many a female in to terrified lumps of fur. While some seemed to simply be okay with riding the wave, others could not bear the thought of their cubs starving.

The green lioness stopped “Do you understand? If you choose this life you will have to do this. You cannot shirk it. It is a responsibility, you are here to protect this pride and that involves things that you will not be able to simply pass on to another.”

The green female took a breath “If you accept this, I will take you on as an apprentice.” She picked up her paws once again she really didn’t have time to lolly gag today “Hurry up, I don’t have time to wait.”

Syrius Lionwing

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:30 am
Syrius Lionwing

So, she meant to rid any cubs that had yet been born. K'i-lin could see why. She had already seen cubs suffering at the invisible paws. "Is there nothing for the females to take to just prevent the cubs in general, instead of..." Her tone drifted. She shook her head. "Never mind." She finished. "I understand. And I will agree to that this is what needs to be done. For the member's sake, as well as the pride's. "

She nodded, noting that they had slowed their pace. She quickened it, matching Datura's now.

"I accept your offer," the young female was happy to begin her training. She was excited to learn new things. She wasn't sure if she could withstand what the lioness had told her so far, but with the years to come, she could see herself growing accustomed to the actions.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:24 am
KasaiLoki

“Yes and that is what we are doing, but, there are those already started.” She sighs. It was a hard time for the pride there were so many suffering. “You will be busy, and you will have to follow quickly. This is all paws on, you’ll learn a lot of things and I can’t repeat myself.” She sighed. This was a good time to take am apprentice really the lioness could help during this time of crisis.

The green lioness gave a nod. “Then welcome to the fray little one.” She chuckles. “Let’s go your tutorlege will start today. You’ll come to my den every morning before the sun rises and we will work until long after the sun has set.” She gave a nod and turned in a specific direction off to their first job. “Do try to keep up.” She barks leading the way for her new apprentice.

Syrius Lionwing

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff