[PRP] Will to Live

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

While in Astrid's care, Haruhi managed to perk up just a bit. She was practically being force fed every hour, to try and satiate the feeling of hunger. However, it was hard, and Astrid had found herself tiring quickly.

With the young cub's health out of the immediate danger, she told the youngster she could go outside for a just few minutes, before she needed to come back in.

Reluctant to agree, Haruhi nodded, just leaving the den in order to get a little bit of fresh air. She missed her home den, it had only been a few days since Astrid had taken her. Soon, her parents would be home from their viking, and maybe she could go home then. The young lioness plopped on the ground, curling around her stomach as her head rested on the cold ground. It still hurt, but Haruhi would rather be outside in pain, than inside.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The goddess trod lightly, tail flicking with each step. This land was dark, harsh, tumultuous. She was uncertain of what had brought her here to such a cold place, but she felt something draw her, as if something were trying to tell her she was needed. Though what had drawn her, she could not say.

Her head raised, searching the air with her nose. Rain, stone, blood, life and death, and perhaps--it seemed all was not right here? Perhaps she would soon find what had pulled her to this place sooner than expected.

She paused in her steps, something had caught her eye, a small dark form a short distance from her. Cautiously, Ngaule stepped forward, approaching the creature she could not see was a cub. Was the child one of the pride that lived here? The small one seemed troubled, Nga's heart went out to her.

A shimmer, the goddess' wings faded from view. She had found appearing as a normal creature was less likely to frighten others, especially those so young.

"Hello, little one."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:25 pm
Amon Larethian

Haruhi's eyes turned to look at the approaching figure, although her head stayed resting on the ground. Oh how nice it would be to not have to worry about conserving your energy.

The cub sighed, closing her eyes in through before she reopened them. She lifted her head up weakly, her form shaking with effort. "H...hello." The normally outgoing female's voice was low, sullen, trying to mask how she felt inside, but seemed to be failing at it.

"How...come you aren't on the ground too?" She said quietly, eyeing the large feather around her neck. She hadn't seen an avian with such a large feather before. And the colors seemed to match the female's face. That was pretty.

The idea of deities were not common to Haruhi, so the thought of Ngaule being anything other than what she appeared currently never crossed her mind.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:11 pm
The goddess frowned, tail curling as she settled on her haunches beside the cub.

"Why would I be on the ground?"

Ngaule was troubled by the cub's appearance and behavior. A young child should be playing, having fun, laughing, enjoying life. But his cub did none of those things, instead she seemed...sad? Was she ill? Had something happened to her or her family?

"What is wrong?"

She really was a kind-hearted goddess, perhaps more than her domain would suggest. She wished for everyone to be saved, for all creatures to survive and thrive. Death may have been part of life, but that did not stop her from wishing to help everyone.

"Do you have a name? Mine is Ngaule, but you can call me Nga."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:47 pm
Amon Larethian

"Everyone else is..." Or at least, so it seemed. The pride wasn't the hustle and bustle it was a few days ago. Tainted meat, that was what Luamei had mentioned. Had the whole pride consumed such? Would it leave them feeling the strange hunger feelings after just eating too? It was such a weird sensation, Haruhi could not grasp it. If she was older, maybe she would understand.

"I'm so hungry." She whined. "But I just ate." She lay on her belly, the energy being sapped from her.

"I am Haruhi. M'dad is a Captain and mom will be returning as a reaver soon." She said, introducing her lineage to the lioness in case she knew who they were too.

"Make it go away," Haruhi muttered, a paw wrapping around her midsection.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:57 pm
The goddess lowered her head, eyes narrowed as she looked over the cub. A sniff, a gentle nudge, Ngaule searched for a physical cause of to the cub's dilema. Was it an illness then? A parasite?

"Is everyone here sick?"

The goddess was growing more concerned. If the entire pride was ill, what could have caused it? She was unfamiliar with such an illness and had never seen a parasite affect an such a large group at once. Even an illness should not spread so completely so quickly. Oh no....what about the other cubs? Were they all in the same condition as this one?

"It's nice to meet you Haruhi."

Ngaule smiled at the cub, maybe it would make her feel better? She wished it would, wished she could take away the cub's pain. Well, maybe she could at least help a little...

Her eyes closed, a paw reached out to touch the cub. There was a warmth that flowed from the goddess, surrounding and passing into the child. In that warmth there was a gift of strength and will. What she did with it, would be up to the cub herself, but Nga hoped it would be enough to restore her strength and reason to survive.

KasaiLoki
Will to live - As the name implies, Ngaule can imbue any creature with the will to live. This is generally a power spent on those who are in danger only because they have given up, or are in distress but could escape if they keep trying. It is not used on those who are already gone or dying of natural causes.
This power does NOT grant life, extend life, or change the quality of life. It only gives the target the will to keep living and keep fighting.

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:34 pm
Amon Larethian

Just as soon as the pains started, Haruhi felt a sudden warmth. The hunger was still there, but the intensity was not as great as before. What seemed like hours was probably just mere seconds as the dark cub found herself opening her eyes, blearily looking up to the female. Did she just...do something to help her?

An ear flickered back and forth as the cub slowly rose to her feet. She was still shaky, but felt a little better. It was the strangest thing.

"What...What did you just do...?" She asked quietly, her gold eyes staring right into Nga's green ones.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:33 pm
The goddess took a deep breath, releasing it as a quiet sigh. There was relief in her eyes as she met the cub's gaze. She wished there was more she could do, that she could heal and take away the hunger and pain, but she had done what she could and she was glad to see it had helped at least for now.

"I helped you remember the strength in yourself and to find your will."

But even though she had help this cub, the problem remained. There was still an illness in the pride, and if the cub's statement were any indication, the whole pride was affected. Ngaule could not heal, but perhaps if she could find the cause...

"Haruhi, is everyone in your pride sick like you are?'

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:57 pm
Amon Larethian

Haruhi could only nod as she lioness spoke. How one had the ability to do what the adult said was something that the dark cub couldn't fully process at her young age, so she just continued to nod, until Nga asked her next question.

"They all feel like this...some like me...not able to move," a small shudder of breath left Haru, "others don't seem to be too affected...but maybe they can hide it better?" She offered. "I wish my mom and dad were here...this started just after they left..."

One viking band had come back, and then it was her parents turn to go out. Maybe the returning group had brought something with them? Or maybe her parents were superheroes and able to keep such feeling away. It was interesting how the cub minds thought.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:19 pm
"I see."

Hmmm, then it had spread through the pride, and quickly it seemed. What could have been causing it? There had to be some cause, lions didn't just randomly fall ill with no reason, but what that reason was was a complete mystery to the goddess. It was as frustrating as it was concerning. She would have to investigate further, perhaps speak to others in the pride. But for now...

"I am sure they will return soon, and perhaps when they do this illness will be gone."

She gave the cub a reassuring smile, hiding her concern. Maybe as she searched for a cause, she could help the other cubs in the pride.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:34 am
Amon Larethian

Haruhi shifted on her paws. "I hope so." Her voice was just above a whisper as she looked away from Nga.

"...thank you...for helping me..." She said. "I don't know how you did it." And frankly, the cub didn't want to ask how. She just wanted to make sure no others in the pride felt what she had moments ago. But could one lioness help so many?

"I probably should get going...Astrid is going to come looking for me soon." There was a sudden tiredness that washed over the youngster. "I hope to see you around again...When my daddy get back, I want you to meet him." She said all of the sudden.

"You will be around...right?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:26 pm
The goddess nodded.

"Of course, I will be nearby if you need me again."

Of course Ngaule hoped it would be sometime before the cub needed her. If she was correct, there were many others who would be needing her help, and quickly. It was her hope to find a cause or reason behind the illness, but she would do what she could to help ease the burden in the meantime.

"Be well, Haruhi, I will see you again soon."

She would not leave while the children of the pride suffered, not when there was something she could do to help.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas