Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oɴᴇ Pɪᴇᴄᴇ﹕Rᴀᴅɪᴀɴᴛ Dᴀᴡɴ

Back to Guilds

Hαve yoυ coмe тo prove yoυ вeloɴɢ oɴ тнeѕe ѕeαѕ... 

Tags: One Piece, Literate, Role Play, Battle, Adventure 

Reply Dᴇʙᴀᴛᴇ Fᴏʀᴜᴍ
Who needs a vacation in Okinawa?!~ Enka vs Tawara ! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tentaigo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:34 pm
Pirate vs. Marine. Tawara vs. Enka.

Enka's Profile

Vs.

Tawara's Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:36 pm
Battle Start

Tentaigo

Deecee Sama
Captain

Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:37 am
This is the second time Tent has tried to dodge something that he's incapable of dodging. I've explained to him twice already that higher speed in the same tier doesn't mean much but he doesn't seem to understand.

He has 226 Speed. I have 150. We are within the same condition. While he can dodge most frontal attacks, in my last post Enka grabbed his leg as it connected with his own body, but somehow Tent dodged it which would be impossible. I'm arguing he takes 150 damage from my slam and 150 from the hammer attack after or at least him accepting that he's caught so he can make a plausible response to that.

Post is here and after.

Condition rules are here.

Tentaigo

X o l u s

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:01 pm
Mkay, let's keep this simple. I've read those over several times and I'm not a big fan of making people edit their posts.

Quote:
Glaring! Tawara's leg snapped forward again after his first kick, seeing how Tawara missed. Literally pushing powerfully off the hand that held his whole body up. Moving his entire body out of the way of Enka completely. Allowing Enka's hand to miss Tawara's face, and entire body completely, distancing himself from Enka. However, before Tawara could fully leave the distance. That snapping second kick would be fast enough. To kick forcefully at Enka's waist! Enka was moving in towards Tawara when the pirate was in the low position. With Enka's attention on Tawara's face. Enka wouldn't see the second snap kick to Enka's waist.

Event 1: After a failed kick, Tawara proceeds to use to push off the ground with his hands to gain distance, but not before aiming a follow-up attack to Enka's waist.

Quote:
The kick would land, most definitely but just as it did the pirate would find his leg in the Lieutenant's grasp. No more running. No more dodging. "Weak." A mutter as he motioned, the body of Tawara would meet the ground below as he was slammed and the blonde took not another moment to raise his hammer, aiming to smash it directly into the opposites midsection. Filth, don't run from your demise.

Event 2: Enka reacts by allow the kick to hit him, thus taking damage. However, in the process of absorbing the blow he attempts to capture said kicking leg (while Tawara is still pivoting on his hands by the way), and in turn preventing the follow-up action in Tawara's previous post.

Quote:
Tawara felt his previous kick land smiling! His eyes then located Enka's arm targeting the leg Tawara kicked with.

The pirate's brain was processing fast. It wasn't easy taking on the marines. That was for sure. This was just the beginning! Tawara kicked Enka's arm before it could catch his leg. Whipping it speedy fast at Enka's arm! Literally using a super fast whip-like snap kick. To kick Enka's arm that attempted to catch his leg.

This is where things get questionable. When a kick is aimed at someone and that someone can see it they are essentially left with 3 basic options: Dodge, Block, or Accept. Enka chose to accept the blow, thus giving him the opportunity to grab the leg WHILE it was connecting with his waist.

With that said there's a couple of issues with Tent's post:

Issue 1: It's highly unlikely that Tawara, no matter how fast you say his brain is processing, to anticipate the grab and then react as quickly as he did. You two are in the same tier of speed and even so, speed is more or less a non-factor here.
Issue 2: Even if that were possible Tawara doesn't even have the angle to kick the arm away with either his opposite leg nor his already kicked out leg to then kick away Enka's grabbing arm. It simply makes no sense.

Verdict: Because of this blunder, Enka has now grabbed Tawara's leg and has slammed him down, currently in the process of bringing his hammer down onto him. Neither party may edit, simply continue on. This is the current state of events and
all decisions are final. Carry on.

Tentaigo

Deeceee Sama

x E U R Y D I C E
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

Tentaigo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:55 pm
Even so my Defense is 188. His strength is 150. Does Tawara even take damage when my defense is greater than his strength? Also who's turn is it to post?

X o l u s

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:30 pm
Tentaigo
Even so my Defense is 188. His strength is 150. Does Tawara even take damage when my defense is greater than his strength? Also who's turn is it to post?

X o l u s

Defense: This stat decides the strength of your defensive techniques as well as your defensive potential when defending against non-ability based attacks. When using a defensive ability, your overall defense is subtracted from the oncoming attack.

It's your ability to defend, not your actual defense. You should probably read the updates to the guild. Also, my post. You took 300 damage.

Deecee Sama
Captain

Genius

Tentaigo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:45 pm
Deecee Sama
Tentaigo

X o l u s

Defense: This stat decides the strength of your defensive techniques as well as your defensive potential when defending against non-ability based attacks. When using a defensive ability, your overall defense is subtracted from the oncoming attack.

It's your ability to defend, not your actual defense. You should probably read the updates to the guild. Also, my post. You took 300 damage.

It's 150. I got slammed, but she said you're in the process of bringing the hammer down. Yeah he hit the ground, but I have to do something about that hammer. She said process, process, process. Meaning your hammer is about to hit him unless I do something. exclaim  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:31 am
Tentaigo
Deecee Sama
Tentaigo

X o l u s

It's 150. I got slammed, but she said you're in the process of bringing the hammer down. Yeah he hit the ground, but I have to do something about that hammer. She said process, process, process. Meaning your hammer is about to hit him unless I do something. exclaim

No, as in you've been hit by the hammer and we're continuing the after motion. Don't try to change Yuri's wording for your favor. I'm going to post as if you were hit and go after that. I'd rather not drag this out any longer than I have to.  

Deecee Sama
Captain

Genius

Tentaigo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:59 am
X o l u s

Did you say the hammer hit or not. Saying it's in the process to hit means he's in the process of using it. Not actually landing. Also, who's turn is it to post???? You are the mod covering this fight. You have to speak up.

In the process of bringing down the hammer. And it actually landing are two completely different things.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:58 am
My mistake, should've clarified. Tawara is on the ground after the slam, he takes damage from that. The hammer is in the process of coming down to hit him so I'm giving you a chance to react to that. Tent, please edit your latest post reflecting these actions and whatnot. Posting order while resume after that.

So Edit, then DC's turn.

Deecee Sama

Tentaigo

x E U R Y D I C E
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

Tentaigo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:00 pm
X o l u s
My mistake, should've clarified. Tawara is on the ground after the slam, he takes damage from that. The hammer is in the process of coming down to hit him so I'm giving you a chance to react to that. Tent, please edit your latest post reflecting these actions and whatnot. Posting order while resume after that.

So Edit, then DC's turn.

Deecee Sama

Tentaigo

-Pumps chest- …. -Hugs- rolleyes biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:47 am
DC Last Post

Okay Yuri last time DC had an argument. This time this is my argument. First thing first. In his post he mentions while I block I still take damage. In his quote DC even says it, "your overall defense is subtracted from the oncoming attack." <---- Those are DC own words in his post when he quoted me.

His argument is that I didn't use a technique when I blocked. So defense means nothing when I still blocked his hammer. In his post DC knowledges that I did block. In the Guild Basics it says.

"Defense. This stat decides the strength of your defensive techniques as well as your defensive potential when defending against non-ability based attacks." smile

That last part I bolded should definitely void his last attack with the hammer with my block. My block is 188 in that post. His attack is 150 in that post. Meaning my block should of parried and reduced his damage to 0.

Second argument. In his last post DC posted these exact words, As for his leg, they were close and to see him reeling it back in response to the blonde grabbing him was a thing in itself, but it'd be met with extreme prejudice. Enka's motions were sound, a simple step to the side with his grip still on Tawara's other leg.

In my last post I never mention reeling my leg back to kick him with the other leg. Thus he got my attack completely wrong and reacted wrong. Not to mention I specifically say that during his hammer slamming into Tawara's block. My kick meets his knee at the same time as an exchange attack.

Our speed is in the same tier as DC argued last time.

In the beginning of his post he acknowledges that his hammer hit Tawara. Thus he should also be acknowledging that my kicked bashed his knee with my strength. DC has no defense. No defensive potential or ability either.

I say there should be some type of flinch, kick back, off of Tawara, falling back, ect. DC should be damaged a lot more than he thinks. With 0 Defense that's extremely dangerous to get hit with. That's like being a baby in a stroller hit by a professional body builder.

X o l u s

Deecee Sama

Tentaigo

Tentaigo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:22 am
DC Last Post

Okay Yuri last time DC had an argument. This time this is my argument. First thing first. In his post he mentions while I block I still take damage. In his quote DC even says it, "your overall defense is subtracted from the oncoming attack." <---- Those are DC own words in his post when he quoted me.

His argument is that I didn't use a technique when I blocked. So defense means nothing when I still blocked his hammer. In his post DC knowledges that I did block. In the Guild Basics it says.

"Defense. This stat decides the strength of your defensive techniques as well as your defensive potential when defending against non-ability based attacks." smile

That last part I bolded should definitely void his last attack with the hammer with my block. My block is 188 in that post. His attack is 150 in that post. Meaning my block should of parried and reduced his damage to 0.

Second argument. In his last post DC posted these exact words, As for his leg, they were close and to see him reeling it back in response to the blonde grabbing him was a thing in itself, but it'd be met with extreme prejudice. Enka's motions were sound, a simple step to the side with his grip still on Tawara's other leg.

In my last post I never mention reeling my leg back to kick him with the other leg. Thus he got my attack completely wrong and reacted wrong. Not to mention I specifically say that during his hammer slamming into Tawara's block. My kick meets his knee at the same time as an exchange attack.

Our speed is in the same tier as DC argued last time.

In the beginning of his post he acknowledges that his hammer hit Tawara. Thus he should also be acknowledging that my kicked bashed his knee with my strength. DC has no defense. No defensive potential or ability either.

I say there should be some type of flinch, kick back, off of Tawara, falling back, ect. DC should be damaged a lot more than he thinks. With 0 Defense that's extremely dangerous to get hit with. That's like being a baby in a stroller hit by a professional body builder.

X o l u s

Deecee Sama

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:14 pm
First of all, never quote me more than once. I have things to do in my life other than sitting around in a debate thread, I won't always get to it that same day.

First and last warning.

Because our current defense system has a couple of contradictory flaws I'll be judging this manually rather than every detail that's written, given the circumstances.

Quote:
the body of Tawara would meet the ground below as he was slammed and the blonde took not another moment to raise his hammer, aiming to smash it directly into the opposites midsection. Filth, don't run from your demise.

Quote:
Raising both his arms in an 'X' formation crossed across his body. Tawara then also at the same time of putting his guard up from the hammer.

Quote:
A dire mistake and a bucking blow! As the hammer connected perhaps the man didn't understand just what he was getting hit with - to whatever degree he felt it was alright to block a hammer with your arms, was on him.

To my understanding this is the sequence of events for this issue. So while raising your arms would be considered a technical defense in anime-logic, the issue here is that Tawara is just substituting one body part for another to accept the blow. He isn't pushing it back with his own force, he isn't trying to stop the hammer by catching it, but simply allowing it to hit a part of his body without any vitals. Had he down either of those options above he would've been fine in this instance.

However, at the same time of Tawara being hit in his arms, he would've struck Enka in the knee with his kick. Enka has control of his other leg in one grasp and in the other his hammer which leaves Tawara with a free leg to use. There was no mention of him reeling back to kick and you don't necessarily need to do so in such close proximity. Secondly, it'd be difficult to process and react to such a thing while Enka is preoccupied with attacking him with his hammer.

To my understanding, you both made a blunder. As a result you both take full damage from each others attacks. Tawara's arms would probably be broken from the impact of taking this hammer while Enka would have his balance tampered with but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd lose his grip on the other leg.

As I did before with Tent, I'm allowing DC to edit his post to reflect these actions and consequences. Afterward, it will be Tent's post.

Don't @ me.

Deecee Sama

Tentaigo

x E U R Y D I C E
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

Deecee Sama
Captain

Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:49 pm
Voided. Nevermind.  
Dᴇʙᴀᴛᴇ Fᴏʀᴜᴍ