Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[PRP] It's Too Late (Sakari x Zjarri'fol)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

How could she have known?

"Why didn't you tell me sooner!" she had yelled at her sister, though honestly it hadn't been Ayanga's fault. Their visions had never lined up perfectly with one another's. Sometimes Sakari would get one far sooner than Ayanga experienced her own, and the timing could make it seem like her pieces went together with a different vision. Their sight had always been a troubling gift, and until recently they did not even know that what they saw was only a half of the story. The other half was almost always experienced by the other marking twin.

Ayanga was pale and rather beautiful, while Sakari was dark and loud. Their coats carried the same pattern, however, and so it was not far off to claim them as twins. The weird visions they experienced seemed to think so. None of their siblings were afflicted by the sight, and though she had encountered a few other seers within the pride none of them seemed to experience visions the same way.

It was a very confusing time in the young lioness' life, and now she had screwed everything up royally. She had a chance, if she had known, to warn everyone before it was too late. Now all she could do was try to prepare everyone for what was to come. She had tried, desperately, to convince others of the impending danger. None so far would listen. Some mocked her, some told her to stop exaggerating and making up stories.

Sakari was running out of options, and so she did the only thing she could think of was running straight to the Warlord herself. It was a little foolhardy, and probably crazy... but what choice did she have now? She found herself breathless, facing the very Warlord herself, beautiful in jewel-toned blues and the very symbol of power within the pride.

"Warlord Zjarri'fol! Please, I need to talk to you. It's urgent!" It was too late.

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:30 pm
User Image

Rumors had been throughout the pride with a smile or laugh attached to them. They had begun only recently, but only a fool would ignore something so wide spread and although she didn't attach any worry to it she often wondered who might be behind the foolish ideas. The thoughts pooled in a corner of her mind for the time being while she considered the gods that were wandering about the pride - wondering how many there may actually be that hadn't shown themselves? Mkhai was still a surprise to her. One she made a best kept secret.

Hm? Since taking this position she hadn't been left alone to her thoughts for long - ever. So why would today be any different? The simple answer is it wouldn't be any different as she heard the frantic paws before an adolescent shoved herself into the entrance of Zjarris den.

The Warlord frowned at the action, but didn't immediately shoo away the youngster. Often times the young thought small problems were world ending issues, but it wasn't likely that she would bring news of a plague. "What is so urgent child?" She furrowed her silver brow at the adolescent and sighed softly. It was moments like these that tested her patience and today her patience was thin. Was this sweet, innocent looking individual the doomsayer?

There was no way.

Zjarri felt vulnerable all of a sudden. This was her first experience with this sort of event and where was her right hand? Off on a Viking because she wasn't feeling herself here. The red lioness was usually who she would turn too in times like these for advice on how to best deal with the situation - who would she turn too now? Mkhai? She wanted to push the thought out of her mind, but truthfully it might be her best option. Instead of speaking again, like she had wanted too, she waited.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:03 pm
Sakari's youth played to her favor now. Where she should have been intimidated by the Warlord's presence and attention, instead she was empowered to finally have an audience. The chocolate colored adolescent was never the type to back down. She was the most bold of her siblings and lacked the grace some of her sisters posessed. But, she had this gift, this sight. If she did not take advantage of it now what was even the point of having it?

She tossed her braid away from her eye so that both could focus on the lioness in front of her. "I am sorry," she apologized first, because she knew that if her timing had been better she could have prevented all of this. It was not an apology for interrupting the lioness, or for stumbling towards Zjarri'fol's den brashly. "My sister and I, we never get the full picture ourselves, and so I didn't know..."

Sakari stopped and shook her head to clear her thoughts. No, she had to be very clear with the Warlord now. "There's a dark cloud headed our way. I do not know what it is or why it is coming, but it is. My sister said she could feel fury, anger upon anger until the rage became blinding." Poor Ayanga, the visions never seemed to be fair. The effects of Sakari's own vision had lingered for days, and her stomach churned at the memory of what she had seen. "I feel empty, unsatisfied, and it hurts. It hurts really bad, and it's coming for everyone here."

It would seem like the prattling of a lioness completely off her rocker, but Sakari was sound of mind and will. It was hard to put what she had seen into words, but she did her best. She had to get her point across to the Warlord. They only had little time to prepare for what was coming. "No one will be safe, all will feel it. Cubs, mothers and fathers, they'll know what I felt but it will be so much worse... and it won't go away. You have to warn everyone, you have to prepare them! I'd say we should leave but it'll follow us, leaving death in its wake."

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:12 pm
The adolescent appeared eager not to waste any time which was in Zjarri's favor. So she didn't interrupt, didn't make allow herself to have an expression beyond neutral, but did relax to a seated position for the time being.

A strange one. The thought popped into her head and would have been awarded a snicker had she been alone, but instead she remained composed as the adolescent shook her head to wipe the slate clean. A tactic that most youth grew out of with time.

"So you're the young lioness that has been spreading these rumors. You and your sister that is." She was composed still, but a rage boiled beneath the surface which tinted her words with a chill that would likely startle most adults, but the chill might be lost on her. Death. The idea of the pride falling to its death due to an emptiness was bizarre to her, but she had no one else to consult with. This youth might be it.

"Why have you come alone? Why not with your sister?" This question was beginning to weigh on her mind. She shifted slightly in her seat, probably the only other tell of her nerves. She was peering hard at the lioness. Her pink eyes attempting to burrow into her soul. Was this two young adolescents playing at something? Or was the pride indeed in danger of such emptiness. Her stomach turned slightly at the thought that it could possibly happen, but what could there be done to stop it?

"Do you know when this might happen?"

There, she had admitted a slightly belief in what the prophet had spoken. Zjarri still felt unsure, but something told her she ought to listen to Sakari - at least hear her out.

Krysin

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:55 pm
"It is not a rumor!" Sakari announced boldly. Youthful pride would not allow her to accept her words being taken as mere rumor. She was no fool, and she would not spread false propaganda across the pride just for the sake of upsetting others. Sakari had the welfare of her home in mind, and even though she knew their fate was unavoidable now... there were still steps that could be taken to prevent too much loss of life. There would be death, and it would claim the weak. Some would claim that the death of the weak was the natural course of life, but Sakari knew that this source was unnatural. There was something very, very wrong with what was headed for them.

"I would not lie to you, nor to anyone else about something like this." She hoped the truthfulness of her words reached Zjarri'fol. Many had spurned her warnings, had turned her away for being foolish and stupid. But, Sakari knew she was none of these things. As long as she knew that, she would press on.

"I... don't think my sister believes there is anything we can do now," Sakari admitted with a small frown. She had hardly given Ayanga a chance to join her on this quest to speak with the Warlord - she had been a little too impulsive. Surely the both of them would have been far more convincing than just Sakari herself. "Your captain!" she gasped suddenly. There were plenty of captains within the pride, but only one that she knew Zjarri'fol associated with more closely than the others.

"She will bring it back with her, she'll know what she has done! Even if she does not return, it will find its way to the source of its anger against her. I don't know if we can afford to wait for your captain to confirm this - there are many lives at stake!" Her vision had been vague, but it had revealed one thing above all else.

Death.

"The insects will die, then the rodents, and then our herds will fall. Mothers will die, and then their children. We have to do something!" She just did not know what - it seemed unavoidable, their fate.

Ctrl F Greenie

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff