Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[3.5] Discovering the Holy Kingdom Recruitment Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What version of DnD would YOU like to use for this game?
  3.5e/Pathfinder
  5e
View Results

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:27 pm
While I don't want to tell people they can't play evil characters, it's not recommended due to the majority of NPCs in the campaign world being good, as well as other reasons I don't want to spoil. We could use a caster and a crafter, if that's what you want to play. I'm fine with people trying to strategize their characters so that everybody fills a role, but I'd rather not stop somebody from playing what they want to play because of it.

And I'm really hoping your ghoul character works out because I'm liking the idea of it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:00 pm
Well the only thing holding her back is she needs someone around to cast inflict spells on her to heal. As long as someone can do that I should be golden.

At level one she will be like a normal fighter, By level two she gets two more natural attacks and the ability to paralyze. After that she gets various ability increases and improved natural attacks to keep her comparable to other adventurers in chance to hit damage and defenses. The only thing she really lags in is HP with only having 4 HD by level 8.

If you wanted to make that less of a liability we could house-rule that she doesn't have to take all her Ghoul levels in a row so I can splice in some other class levels to keep her HP more on par. The other option is to break her Ghoul Class template into two parts. Her class has her going all the way to being a Ghast. We can make it so she can take a break from taking Ghoul levels once she has taken all the levles that make her a full fledged ghoul and allow her to take the levels that make her a Ghast at a later point. That is what they do for the draconic/ half-dragon class template in Races of Dragon and I'm surprised they did not do that for Ghoul/Ghast.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:06 am
Here is the initial sketch for the Ghoul, her name is Irene Emerson. Her hair did not come out in the scan but she has a princess curl hair style and a Gothic Lolita outfit.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:14 am
Cute, in a way.

Anyway, you're not really lacking in HP. 4d12 is comparable to 8d6, which is the hit die of Rogues (unless you're going Pathfinder rogue, which is a d cool , so you're kind of golden for HP except perhaps that you don't get bonus HP from having a good Constitution score, since you don't get a Con score at all.. Your only real drawback where HP is concerned is getting healed, since positive energy hurts you and negative energy heals you. So yeah, we'd need somebody to either cast inflict wounds or make minor magic items of it (scrolls, potions, etc) or something. Hell, if anything, I can just have you find items for that, or even buy then if you come across the right merchant in the right area. You get Use Magic Item as a class skill for rogue regardless of whether you choose the 3.5 version or the Pathfinder version of the Rogue.

Also, I don't see a problem with you not taking all your race levels at once. Levels 5-8 should be optional for those wanting to upgrade their ghoul to a ghast, if you ask me.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Winter Wondork

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:13 am
Are you sure you'd be willing to use Pathfinder characters for a 3.5 game? They're normally more resilient than their 3.5 counterparts.. though they don't have the capacity for sheer game breaking damage.

Something 4e combined and it was a nightmare, who'd have thought.

I'm thinking of an Alchemist. Handle the misc items and potions, perhaps find a way to heal our ghoul there, and once we hit level 6, take Promethean disciple and start making friendly statues.

Also Undead gaining HP from Cha can be much more beneficial than having a Con score considering the litany of skills assigned to it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:09 am
I'm sure. I'm not really worried about your characters dying unless you do something stupid like jumping down a dark hole without knowing what's down there first or randomly attacking everything that crosses your path (and I do mean everything). That's not to say your character's won't be in any danger throughout the campaign, but still.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:06 pm
Anyways, I've decided to make a rogue. I'm just stuck on race. Halfling is good, so is Human (especially cause of their racial bonus they can get to Rogue), or a Kitsune. I'll probably end up going Knife Master and work towards dual wielding knives and stabbing people.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:50 pm
If you're looking to ambush people in unconventional ways and assassinate, I'd suggest Kitsune. The fox form is incredibly useful

If you wanna go standard rogue Stabbystab/skillmonkey then I'd probably say Human.

Knife ears for meee. Gonna have some long limbs and some fey sight to see and then run away from magics.

Winter Wondork

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:06 am
Winter Wondork
If you're looking to ambush people in unconventional ways and assassinate, I'd suggest Kitsune. The fox form is incredibly useful

If you wanna go standard rogue Stabbystab/skillmonkey then I'd probably say Human.

Knife ears for meee. Gonna have some long limbs and some fey sight to see and then run away from magics.
Cool beans. Are you going to use one of the standard subraces or go for one of the native ones?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:28 am
If I was playing a caster, Star elf all the way. That spell resistance piercing is just too good. But with Alchemist? I think I'll stay just baseline elf.

That being said, I'm having second thoughts due to rule changes that I may be unaware of between 3.5 and pf, as well as making a character with abilities that are unavailable to the rest of the party.

Winter Wondork

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:54 pm
Just play whatever you want to play and let me worry about the rules. wink

Kind of hoping we can get started soon, but I don't want to rush you guys. I know art takes time, so take what you need. <3  
Kowsauni rolled 24 6-sided dice: 5, 5, 5, 2, 2, 3, 1, 1, 6, 4, 4, 2, 3, 1, 1, 6, 2, 1, 2, 1, 4, 2, 1, 2 Total: 66 (24-144)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:43 pm
Ok I'll just go ahead and make the Ghoul. And Winter I wouldn't worry about the playing an Alchemist, I think everyone else is playing a pathfinder class besides me.

Rolling stats now. If I don't roll the 18 I need for that one Feat then I'll just use 32 point buy as discussed earlier.

Hmm

....That is probably one of my worst dice rolls in my entire illustrious history in this guild . xp  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni rolled 24 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 2, 5, 6, 4, 2, 5, 6, 3, 6, 5, 6, 1, 2, 4, 6, 1, 5, 3, 6, 4, 1, 4 Total: 94 (24-144)

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:44 am
Going to try this one more time...

..man, close but I'm going to go with point buy to qualify for the "Look Human" feet I need.  
Winter Wondork rolled 18 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 5, 4, 4, 2, 6, 6, 1, 2, 6, 6, 1, 2, 5, 2, 1, 1 Total: 60 (18-108)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:51 am
Well then, Lets see if I cant get some good stats for my boy.

... Okay so we have..
Good lord.

Seem to have gone straight 3d6 dnd instead of 3d6d1. After all my worry too.

Winter Wondork

Winter Wondork rolled 24 6-sided dice: 2, 4, 3, 6, 2, 5, 6, 3, 4, 5, 1, 3, 6, 6, 5, 2, 2, 3, 6, 5, 4, 5, 2, 3 Total: 93 (24-144)

Winter Wondork

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:55 am
heart

Muuuch better.

But as a question, whats the point buy? 25?

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff