Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[3.5] Discovering the Holy Kingdom Recruitment Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What version of DnD would YOU like to use for this game?
  3.5e/Pathfinder
  5e
View Results

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:05 pm
Oh, so it's a class. Nevermind, then. Here's hoping you roll high enough to get at least one 18.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:27 pm
If not I'll just use the 32 point buy, but first I got to see if SCN still wants to play his cleric or Inquisitor.  

Kowsauni
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:49 am
Rag: A Spellthief(Complete Adventurer) would be the middle ground, if you are having trouble between those two choices.

Kow: Being it looks like Rag will play a living thing(sad, my dreams of owning an undead army at level 1 are gone. razz ) I will play a Pathfinder Cleric. I slept though the day, so I will work on my character tonight.

Leon: DM, buddy, friend... can Kow take Life-dominant Soul(meaning, remove the prereq)? If she doesn't mind to. It would ease a really big fear of using channeled energy to mass heal the party and killing an ally in the process. If not I will just change the cleric to one that doesn't use channel energy

Quote:

Life-dominant Soul
Prereq: Dhampir
Benefit: you are healed by channeled positive energy if used to heal the living and channeled negative energy if used to heal the undead, but are only healed half the normal amount. You still take damage from positive energy that is used to harm undead.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:20 am
Hmm, even if that feat is allowed in my case I wont have room for that for it for a bit. As a human ghoul I already need my two feats for Weapon Finesse to have decent AC and still hit anything, and Civilized Ghoulishness so I am not killed on sight upon entering a town.

My next feat wont be until level 6 T.T  

Kowsauni
Crew

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:26 am
Actually, as a human ghoul, you get a feat for being first level and a feat for being human, so assuming you have only two feats, your next feat will be at third level.

And I don't know. I kind of want to be fine with it, but it doesn't really make sense for an undead creature to be healed by positive energy from a storyline standpoint. Besides, I feel like playing an undead character is meant to be challenging, and on top of that, having to turn around and cast an inflict spell just for her after channelling energy to mass-heal the rest of the part might make her feel special and deepen the bond between your two characters. wink

Or it'll alienate her and make her feel different, depending on how she's feeling, I guess. Anyway, I really do want to be fine with it, but there are a few good reasons to not be. I'm kind of torn, to be honest.

I'll think about it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:22 pm
To be fair, Grey Fox, it's only because I can't find a LA+0 Undead Race or Template, so I can actually get my full class.

I could also go with a frontline fighter.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:43 pm
Alas, since the Ghoul class is built to account for a +4 level adjustment it specifically states I don't get feats as normal while leveling. I only get feats when the class says so. I'm basically only going to be level 4 by the time everyone is level 8, but I am ok with this, as I am mostly playing this character for thematic purposes. Ever since I saw the Civilized Ghoulishness feat in pathfinder I always wanted to play a Ghoul. I just hope it wont be too much of a drag on the party. I get a lot of bonus stats as I level up so that offsets some of the level difference, the only place I am really hurting is my HP.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:25 am
Well mostly the LA for undead is so high is because of the sheer number of Immunities you get. Let alone the removal of the Con score, and therefor most Fort saves, just them alone is possibly a +2. Extreme gain and loss from becoming undead makes it as easy to dominate as it is to die from some accidental failed save against a Good Cleric.

Speaking of Clerics, it's been quite a while since I've played one. Will this be a your choice alignment campaign or will there be a set one? I've been kicking around this idea of an evil cleric trying to ascend into a full blown Demon.. Though the fun part, with the devilish allies and annoyed Efreeti having their wishes used every day, wont start until LV 11 due to Clerics not getting Planar Binding without Domain spells [Really?], and Ally being an awful money drain for comparatively little help. Eight thousand gold to have a HD 8 creature work with you for a little less than two weeks compared to enticing/browbeating it into service.

... Of course this is all speaking as if this is a full Pathfinder game instead of a 3.5 game, which I've never played before, which makes me hesitant.

Winter Wondork

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:58 pm
Yeah, the 'use anything that doesn't have a level adjustment' rule applies to Pathfinder stuff, too. If you wanna be a 100% Pathfinder Cleric, you can. I'll just be using 3.5 primarily and sprinkling some Pathfinder elements in on occasion.

As for alignment, it's largely your choice. But be warned, the majority of residents in this new world are good-aligned or good-adjacent, so be careful how you go about being evil if you decide to go that route.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:18 pm
The Pathfinder version of classes are definitely more powerful than the 3.5 versions.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:22 pm
I'm just going to state this now. I'm not going to play in an evil aligned group. Most people here have played with me before and already know I'm adamantly against playing in those kind of games. But since there are some new faces I'll just restate it now. If people are planning on making evil characters that are going to hurt and kill innocent people, please let me know and I'll politely drop out before things get started.

I don't mean to limit anyone's creativity, that's why if someone wants to play and evil character I will be the one to leave, but I seriously don't want to have to role play though player characters doing evil things.

If anyone is curious, its rambling, but this video pretty much sums up my thoughts on this.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:50 pm
Anything I'd try evil, I'd have to do on a non-play by post. More coordinating with the GM and players in real time.

But yea, I'm still stuck between a front liner, a rogue, and an arcane caster. We kinda need all types and I don't know where the 'ghoul' sits in it all. What role does it play?  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Winter Wondork

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:54 pm
Rrriiight. Well I'm not being turned into the bad [Hah] guy here by having people leave, so I'll just go ahead and scrap that idea.

If we need a caster I may still go summoning but to avoid problems it will most likely be Angels or Agathions.

Maybe a crafter?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:11 pm
The ghoul will be sort of a utility/support character. Her main strength will be her ability to paralyze opponents and make multiple attacks a round early on. Later on she will debuff opponents by sickening them with an aura. If we get beyond level 8 I'll either start taking levels in Rogue or fighter.

If the ghoul character dosn't work my back up character is a half-dragon fighter or barbarian.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Winter Wondork

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:23 pm
That sounds horrific, stealthed ghouls.
Perhaps a Shadow Dancer to let you hide even when being observed.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff