Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:19 am
Strange Weather ☂

Solo or RP Format
Counts as 5 RP growth Points
Solo word minimum is 750, RP post minimum is 7

Prompt

As Spring rolls into Summer in Tendaji it appears that something is not as it should be. In fact, strange and unpredictable weather is happening all across the world. Strong storms, bizarre heat waves, unheard of snow storms, floods, and other similar events are happening in all of the countries. Some are superstitious, seeing it as a warning of great evil, others blame the Dretch, some shrug it off as a freaky incident, and others ignore that it's even such an oddity.

However, one thing is certain - all the lands are dealing with these weird weather outbreaks in their own way. How are you handling matters? Do you try to help others, are you too focused on yourself, or do you want to try and find answers for the causes behind these recent events? Or did you get caught out in the disaster yourself and these are your memories of how you had to fight against the odds to get to safety?

Basically this is a solo (or a rp with a friend) to write out how your character is being affected by these strange occurrences in Tendaji.

Please see the below to see what is occurring in each region!

Chibale and Matori are both suffering from snow - something that has rarely hit these warmer countries before! A blizzard especially is unheard of.

Jahaur and Yael are experiencing drought. Rain hasn't fallen for the last couple of weeks...

Tale, Sauti, and Oba are experiencing massive amounts of rain to the point that some of the desert is flooding.

Zena is having the strangest heat wave and some areas once covered year-round with snow and ice are even starting to melt...

Belrea is shaken. Literally. A huge earthquake has ripped through the continent scaring many and even now faint rumbles from its impact shift at random beneath your feet.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:33 am
Zafine the crow

Tadeos and Tyr had been at home during the time of the first, bit earthquake, and it was something that was able to throw off even the big, tough Tadeos. How could it now though as the whole world seemed to be shaking, with things falling off shelves where they crashed to the ground, somethings breaking while others just lay scattered across the floor. It was a startling, scary thing, and it didn't seem to get better as more things continued to shake around them from time to time.

Abandoning his room and the book that he had been reading so that he could race toward his sister's room, "Tyr! Tyr? Are you alright?" He called out as he went, worry in his tone. He had to make sure that she was alright and after that they would have to figure out what they wanted to do next.

He felt that he should go to Doctor Forthus's place to see if he needed help... or should he go to where his mother worked to check on her? Should they See who was out there who needed help? Needed healing? He couldn't really say since his mind was racing around a hundred thoughts at once, none of which that he could really decide upon. Here was to hoping that Tyr was both alright and better able to focus then he was at the moment.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Zafine the crow

Adorable Chomper

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:58 pm
Orpheus Solon

Tyr was laying in her bed when the shaking started at first. She sat up quickly and looked around, "What's going on..?" She mumbled to herself as she looked around the room. Her eyes widen and she through herself out of the bed and onto the floor with a loud thud, just barely catching the large egg the was on top of her dress that she had gotten a few day prior in the egg hunt. She groaned a bit and sat up, holding the egg close and gently. "No earthwquake is gonna brake my trophy." She hissed and stood up.

She glanced at her door as she heard her brother calling out her name and asking if she was okay. She sighed a bit, and opened the door. "yeah, i'm alright, Eos. Are you alright?" She asked in a bit of a worried tone, her brother seemed frazzled due to the strange rumblings underneath their feet. She gently sets the egg into a box on the floor before grabbing both sides of her brother's face. "Stop, take a deep breath, and calm down." She said, being the calm sibling at the moment. "If we're going to go see how everyone is we need to figure out who we should go see first." She added and looked at him.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:28 am
Zafine the crow

"Come on, we should go outside. Things were getting knocked off shelves and if the shaking gets any worse then the house itself might come down on our heads." He said, looking from side to side, a nervous look on his face. The idea that the house might come down on their heads was something that he didn't like the idea of. It was rather terrifying in fact.

Giving a shake of his head so that he could try to clear it, not wanting to let panic take over, he turned to look over at his sister, "Gather up Piper and a few things, I will see about grabbing my healing tome and some food for later." They should only get the esstentials before he headed over to where their mother was probably working. As his sister spoke up, talking about 'going to see everyone' he turned to look over at her.

He then chuckled, "Reading my mind again? We should think about it calmly and decide who we are going to go see... but we should pack and get out of teh house first." Now that he knew she was safe he wanted to go and get ready, meaning running out of her room and back to the kitchen to gather some food into a basket.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Zafine the crow

Adorable Chomper

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:48 am
Orpheus Solon

Tyr shudders at the thought of them being trapped in their own house. "It may be true but that's not something I like thinking about." She said and looked at him. She let go of his face and took a deep breath. Glancing around she thought of where Piper could be hiding. "Go get your books i'll get Piper and some food." She said and ran over to her bed, and dropping onto allfours to look under the bed. She lifted up the covers and saw Piper, currled up in a scared ball. "Piper, we have to go now-" Tyr heard some creaking from the outside wall of her room. In a quick movement she grabbed Piper and dashed out of her room. She grabbed her gauntlets and went to the kitchen.

"Of course I read your mind, it's what twins do right?" She said and chuckled, piling food and supplies into a basket. She froze a bit when she started to hear come cracking from the box that she has put the egg inside of. "Oh boy, that'll be fun to clean up later. Is there egg everywhere or just in the box Eos?" She asked, packing up a few more things before truing around to looking for anything else to grab.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:04 am
Zafine the crow

"Yeah, that is what everyone thinks that twins like us are capable of." Once they had the baskets filled with food he turned to look toward the box that his sister had put the egg in, looking into it, "Hmm... it looks cracked but I don't think that it's leaking or anything. Less of a mess to clean up at least."

He walked over to where the tome was sitting. He leaned over to pick up his tome, tucking it into his pack, before he said, "Alright, I got everything. Let's go outside now Tyr." He said, tucking the basket he'd filled under his arm, waiting for his sister before heading toward the door. To think that not too long ago he was just reading and now the world was acting as though it wanted to shake itself into pieces. Not a good day if you asked him.

It was especially bad if he was the one starting to panic since he'd been doing so well when it came to remaining calm no matter the situation. It seemed it easier to deal with the patients at the hospital then it was worrying over his sister in the middle of a quake.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Zafine the crow

Adorable Chomper

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:24 am
Orpheus Solon

Tyr chuckled and smiled a bit. "It feels like it's true sometime." She said and held the backet tightly and her bird close. She walked over and looked into the box and tilted her head a bit. "Odd, it looks like it's-" A chunck of the egg popped off and and a beak poked out of the egg. Tyr twitched a bit and stared down as something came out of the egg. She took a deep breath and set Piper in the box before picking it up as well.

Try walked over and looked at him, holding the box and the basket close. "The shaking is a whole new level of weird." She said. A soft squawking came from the box, a lot different the Piper's chirps. Tyr sighed a bit, "Come on, let's get outside before we all get crushed." She said, her breath a bit shaky as she tries to hold it together. She had to keep herself from panicking, to keep her brother from panicking and to keep Piper safe.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:31 am
Zafine the crow

Tadeos nodded his head before starting for the door, heading outside with his twin sister and her pet. Once they were outside he moved away from their house, standing near the garden plot that had all of the vegetables in it. He looked around for a moment, then back to the house, "It seems as though its only the buildings that are getting shaken. Everything out here, all the plants, they seem to be taking the shaking in stride." He was surprised by that, impressed too... but he supposed he shouldn't be standing in awe at the moment. They had things to do.

Turning to his sister he said, "What do you think we should do next? Should we go looking for Mother? Do you think she'll come here looking for us? Should we stay put? What about Doctor Forthus? Do you think he wants me to go and help out if there are any injured?" He was training to be a doctor, something that was a very serious job, but despite that he was still young yet and still shaken, something he didn't like to admit. He need to steel himself better he supposed.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Zafine the crow

Adorable Chomper

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:56 am
Orpheus Solon

She followed him outside, breathing a bit easer in the fresh air. Tyr gently set down the box and basket in the grass next the to the plot garden. "It is quite interesting when looking at it outside." She chuckled and pulled on her guantlets before she looked back at her brother and pick the two things back up before looking around.

She thought for a moment, "We should leave a note on the front door telling her where we went if she does come to check if we're okay. If we leave a note we can go to where your doctor friend is, when we get there you should help out if anyone's hurt. I'll keep these on and make sure No one tries any funny business while there's hurt people." She said, hooking the handle of the basket on her elbow before patting him on the back and smiles. "We can do this, I know we can." She added and nodded.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:17 am
Zafine the crow

"A note... you know that means that she would come to suspect a lot earlier then we'd like that we aren't following in her foot steps, right? If we tell her we are going to check up on a doctor and a guard then she's gonna wonder why." He thought on it for a long moment before he lifted a hand up to tug on a lock of his own hair in a thoughtful manner before he said, "I... one of them already knows... of our parents I mean. Mom will know soon enough but... are you ready for that?"

He lifted his gaze to look over at his sister, wanting to make sure that she was going to be alright with the fact that their father already knew and the idea that their mother might. They had been keeping things hush hush about their desire to follow paths that were that of their mother. His desire to be a doctor, hers to be a guard, it was far from the farming that their mother thought they were going to be doing that was for sure.

"If you're alright with the idea of them both knowing then we can leave and note and head out to find Doctor Forthus and Duarte."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Zafine the crow

Adorable Chomper

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:32 am
Orpheus Solon

"I meant that we would leave a note say that we were going into town to see if every one was okay. We don't have to mention Forthus or Duarte." She said taking a deep breath and shaking her head to try and get that thought out of her head. She knew that no matter what she was gonna be a guard and she was gonna protect people, no matter what her mother wants her to do, But she still a bit worried to have that discusion with her mother. "But... we have to tell her at some point so," She looked at her brother, "we can write it telling here about who we're gonna see." She said and sighed.

"It's a bit worry some for her to know but we can leave the note. I would rather her find out by us practically telling her then her finding out on her own." She said and looked at him, her hand white-knuckling around the handle of the basket inside her gauntlet.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:47 am
Zafine the crow

"Better to tell her in person, not a note, and before our father decides that we've taken to long to tell her ourselves." He turned to look at her and said, "Not that you should go picking a fight with him about that, just that we need to figure things out first, you know?"

Sighing a little he seemed to continue to think on what was going on before the ground under their feet shook again, though a weaker quake this time. He glanced from side to side, eyes a bit wide, before turning his attention back to his sister. it was just too much he thought to himself and he could only wonder what it was like in town where there were way more people and more buildings. There was really only one way to tell, huh?

"A note then. Just to let her knew we are going into town and then we will go there, look for those two, and then come back if they don't need us. Deal?"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Zafine the crow

Adorable Chomper

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:56 am
Orpheus Solon

"Yeah, telling her in person seems like a better idea. She might be less angry then." She said and looked at him, "I know what you mean, Eos. But I will still pick a fight with him whether or not it has to do with our futures or not." She said, chuckling a bit. She looked around as the ground shook again. Although it weaker but it still shook which made her uneasy. Tyr held the box closer and bounced it a bit, making a soft shushing sound to the box, "It'll be okay. Soon the world will hopefully stop shaking and everything will be back to normal." She said and smiled softly, doing her best to calm the scared birds in the box. She looked up at her brother and nodded, "Deal, let's get going." She smiled.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:13 am
Zafine the crow

"I'd rather you picked fights with our father over smaller things, not this. I don't like the idea that he might go and tell our mother anymore then you do... but let's not let that happen. We will tell her soon." He then gave a bit of a shake of his head and said, "That is neither here nor there though, the world is shaking under our feet and that is what we should be focusing on at the moment."

"Yeah, soon enough things will be normal again. I think getting to work will help to distract us from what is going on." Well, to a degree at least. It was hard to put aside what was happening in the here and now when it involve the shaking of the very land. Giving a nod he got out a piece of paper and a writing implement, setting to work writing out a note to their mother that he tacked to the door, "Alright, let's get moving."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Zafine the crow

Adorable Chomper

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:35 am
Orpheus Solon

Tyr sighed softly and nodded, "I won't fight him over this I promise, but I will fight him over something." Tyr took a deep breath, her brother knew as well as she did that she would fight their father over anything. It didn't matter what their father did, she would fight him regardless. "Yeah, we need to focus on that. It's way more important." She said and held the stuff closer and waited for her brother.

Piper peeked out of the box and chirped, looking over at Tadeos as he worked on the note. The other bird make a quiet squawk as she starred up at Tyr, having imprinted on her as soon as she hatched. Tyr waited on her brother, glancing down in the box, "Hey, Eos, do you have any idea what baby birds like to eat?" She asks. Taking a deep breath she started towards town after her brother tacked the note on the door.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff