Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[CHAL] Second best. (Surya x Ali'dido)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
[Eskimo] rolled 5 4-sided dice: 2, 4, 3, 2, 3 Total: 14 (5-20)

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:07 pm
His head was fully (mostly) recovered, but Sūrya's pride was sore as ever. And although completely (almost) recovered, his head still reeled occasionally, not with vertigo or pain, but with a whirlpool of thoughts that spun out of control at random before tapering off into stillness.

I lost, she beat me, HOW?! headbutt, I lost, damn SAND, I'm stronger than her, I lost?! she beat me, GODS DAMMIT, next time, that wasn't fair, she didn't fight me right, freckles, I lost? gods dammit.

He'd taken up pacing outside the steep cliffs as before, blood surging and teeth grinding. Sometimes he'd smirk, sometimes he'd scowl, and sometimes his entire body would seem to petrify as his eyes bored into what he thought was a certain lioness's figure amidst the various passersby in the distance, only to relax as he'd realize he'd been mistaken. This repeated several times until Sūrya had wound himself into a pre-explosive state.

As a group of lions moved towards the pride, Sūrya again thought he'd spotted the female who'd beaten him by blind luck, but again it wasn't her. Just a flash of orange and speckles.

Freckles.

"HEY!" Sūrya shouted at the green lion lagging behind the crowd. His expression shifted into something like boyish excitement.

"Fight me," he said.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:16 pm
User Image

Lost in thought he had wandered near the border. To drift that way was completely natural to the green lion who had been home for a visit before debating leaving nearly as soon as he had come. Shortly after arriving at the border he was interrupted by a rather excited shout. A golden eye whipped to peer at the cause of such excitement and spied a rather rugged looking individual with a striking man. Ali felt the eye beneath a patch sting slightly as he furrowed his brow. The healing was very nearly complete and although most healers would suggest he avoid coflict that wasn't what he was about to do.

"Oh?" He asked casually. It felt like just a moon ago that he had been battling his way into the pride, proving himself to be among them. Then wanderlust took hold and the truth was that he barely saw the place anymore. His mind was often with heading back towards the Pridelands, check on his beloved Yai that he left behind. He had something to do before then - find that lioness who had stolen his sight in one eye and more importantly a piece of jewelry he had promised Yai. The trail had run cold for the time being, but he felt sure he'd find it once again. This would be a nice distaction.

"You look a litte portly to be pitting yourself against the likes of those born of the storm!" He taunted the lion with a bright eye. Though he was rusty, something he hadn't thought of, he was sure he'd beat the likes of this lion.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:32 pm
The green lion seemed aloof--not one of Sūrya's preferred personality traits. Sūrya had his 'sweet' moments, but he was boisterous at his core. He couldn't relate to quiet ones. They were always leering, always making snide remarks under their breath, judging you, acting superior, smarter. As he listened to the Reaver's remarks, an image of Sūrya's mother flashed through his mind and his carefree smile twisted with derision.

"And you look a little pretty to be born of the storm," Sūrya taunted back, "but maybe that's why you're so caught up about my weight?"

He made a half-circle around the male, sizing him up, glaring, willing him to strike first. But once again his impatience got the better of him and Sūrya stopped his pacing abruptly to swipe his claws at the other male's indifferent face.

Ctrl F Greenie

Ctrl F Greenie rolled 5 4-sided dice: 4, 2, 1, 2, 4 Total: 13 (5-20)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:44 pm
Ha! That swift change in temperament had been precisely what the male was looking for.. how could he not long for the trash talking that came with battling a potential Freeborn? He chuckled deeply at the near compliment. "You sound jealous m'boy.." A toss of his head sent the freshly groomed mane flipping this way and that before settling in time to watch the male begin to circle him. It seemed that time stood still for a moment while they sized each other up - he wasn't concerned even with the male behind him, there was no honor in striking an opponent from behind.

By surprise though? Plenty of honor in that, it was strategic. "Oof." He expelled a gasp as he thrusted himself backward in defense of his single eye. "Can't have you damaging that now, can we?" He mused to the lion with a large grin and furrowed brows that made him look a little insane.

"Come again then - I won't wait all day." He snorted in an unbecoming manner, taunting the male once more. That first dodge was only luck, Ali was no fool, he wouldn't come out of this unscathed with how determined the other seemed to be.

[Eskimo]

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:12 pm
The dodge was fine--expected, even. But what caught Sūrya that moment was that the other lion only had use of one eye at present. Sūrya hadn't noticed before. It was a sorry handicap, that was for damn sure, but not one Sūrya was too proud to take advantage of. The other male was protective of it, too.

"I thought all you Reavers were supposed to be battle-worn and experienced," Sūrya laughed, "but you showed me your weakness after the first strike." If he hadn't been so hungry to gain entry to the stronghold, or so aggro over the loss of his first duel, and so preoccupied with settling the score with a certain lioness, and so caught up in the fact that the orange speckles on the male reminded Sūrya of her, Sūrya might've acknowledged the possibility that he and the other male could've bonded through the fight and become something like friends.

But presently all Sūrya wanted to do was rip off his face.

"Alright, then," Sūrya answered casually before throwing himself at the Reaver's grinning mug.

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:31 pm
"We are."

The statement was that, a statement, and no other emotion connected too it. But he steeled and took on a more hardy stance following the dodge. His grin was gone, but not his sense of humor and might have even surprised the male by joining in the laughter briefly though it might have sounded a little hollow as realisation set in. His handicap may be his downfall one day and would likely cost him this duel - of course that aside his opponent would still have to prove himself worthy beyond a reasonable doubt. "Weakness is in the eye of the opponent." He attempted to recover from such an obvious blunder, but wasn't given much of a chance, nope!

Alright. He hadn't even had the chance to open his maw to speak before the lion pounced at him seemingly with his full weight. Ali began to attempt another dodge, but being vision impaired he didn't move far enough to the side and ended up feeling the weight of his opponent crash down upon him. Ali closed his single, golden eye and pictured the smug look he might receive. "Damn it." He muttered beneath his breath and twisted to make his claws more readily available.

Sudden rage coursed through him. He'd been storing it for weeks, maybe a couple of months. The lioness that had caused it was still vividly pictured in his memory and it helped to pump adrenaline through him. Instead of trying to push the lion off of him he felt for the flesh of his opponents shoulder and tried to dig in before the lion could twist free.

[Eskimo]

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:17 pm
The success of bowling into his opponent sent a thrill of adrenaline through Surya as well, and he was even more determined to win than before. That green fairy was the only thing standing between him and home--at least, what he hoped would feel like home. He didn't have much time to feel elated, however, as it was clear Ali wasn't going down without a fight.

Just as Surya was starting to feel good about his odds, he sensed a shift in the other male--his muscles, his scent--something had changed, and for a split second Surya felt himself waver. While thoughts seemed as if in slow-motion, in reality everything was happening mere moments apart, and Surya didn't have time to react. It was to his detriment.

A roar ripped from his chest as his shoulder stung hotly with pain, enraged by the feeling of the other male's claws in his flesh. He roared again, pushing hard forward instead of backward, rearing his own claws in his own attempt to grab the male in a bloody clinch. His teeth were a frenzied flash of white as he looked for anywhere to grab hold and shred. His mind was blank except for the thought of getting his opponent down.

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:45 pm
The battle grew heated quickly and though he had successfully landed a blow that drenched his paw in the blood of his 'enemy' it wasn't over yet. The sensation of cutting into flesh was enough to sooth him, calm his worries, and blossom pride within his chest. Something he thought might be lost, was not. He could still fight, whether it was a win or loss. He wasn't incapable. Unfortunately his moment of pride lost him his momentum and his opponent was seething.

Claws connected with the flesh of his left shoulder, teeth connected with the opposite shoulder in a way that shocked him. Ali made a guttural sound of mixed fury and pain as his body was wracked with waves of it. The jaws of his enemy didn't seem to grab hold, but instead favored a flashy maneuver that ripped and tore at his flesh. Another sound that could have been a roar was sounded and he felt his limbs start to give a bit. Blood soaked his shoulders and had even begun to drip to the ground - he wouldn't perish because of the damage, but it would certainly take some time to heal.

Ali had won part of the duel in his mind, but he knew this would be a good time to admit his defeat. The other lion was fiercely determined to enter the lands and clearly didn't lack the strength to do so. But he couldn't find his voice right away, his breaths were heavy as he stared forward blankly. He didn't dare try to strike again.

[Eskimo]
Sorry! I missed the quote. <3

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:14 pm
There was a buzzing in his ears, a deep drone of a thousand bees, and everything was black and white before his eyes, yet he wasn't really seeing at all. Surya was gaining ground, gaining hold, and gaining odds of winning with every second that passed, and every fiber of flesh his claws and teeth destroyed. Fights weren't strange, but duels were. Fights were predictable--sparked over stupid things, clumsy and reckless, ending in death or broken bodies. He was no stranger to them. But duels were different. There was something else in them--honor...or respect...something like that. But he'd never dueled anyone before. He only knew how to 'fight'. Maybe that was all he was good for? Maybe he didn't have any honor? Maybe he didn't understand duels, didn't understand the pride, didn't belong? He was stupid, they always said he was stupid, everyone always said he was stupid, stupid, stupid...Surya wanted to keep going, or rather he wasn't sure he could stop, but he felt his opponent's muscles shift like a gazelle's when it was fighting desperately to get away. That was enough to flip the switch within him and Surya backed off.

He, too, stared at his opponent as though he had just woken from a nightmare, his body hulking and his eyes bright. Blood dripped from his maw, both his own and his opponent's, though he did nothing to stop it. It spattered about with every ravenous exhale. It was a while before he spoke again.

"I guess I win?" he asked heavily, still catching his breath. He grinned. Something in his expression was almost innocent, like a cub who had just made a new friend.

"Better luck next time," he laughed brightly through a gasp. He wouldn't mind if there were a next time. If there were, he'd certainly look forward to it.

Huhhhh...maybe he didn't mind 'pretty' males after all?

Ctrl F Greenie
No worries, lovely. ♥ You want one last post and we'll call it finito?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:44 am
Again. Again. Again. Ali wasn't one to give up, but he knew when he was beat. This lion had proved himself and the point of the duels wasn't to leave with the oponent dead, maimed sure, but not dead.

Briefly he feared that death was the only way out of this scenario though.

Then things cleared up and it was though his opponent realized what he was doing. Ali was no stranger to losing oneself in a fight. The adrenaline gets flowing and often times there's no stopping it. He couldn't blame the other for having an upper paw in this case.

"Sure seems that way." He joked lightly and took a moment to wipe some blood from his single eye. His vision was a problem as it was, there was no reason to make things harder. "You've proved yourself, well done." He rang through praise with a grin on his face. The pain was searing, but a good brawl was always so exhilirating.

"Ha! Won't be luck that helps me beat you next time." Still smiling as he rose to his paws. He stood for a moment and let his muscles settle. Ali recalled the incident that left him without an eye and worried that perhaps this would upset old injuries, but he felt numb - perfect!

"Alright, follow me. I'll take you to the core of the pride."

Then he walked away, with a bit of a limp, towards the center of the pride to show him around.

[Eskimo]
Woo! biggrin

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items