Welcome to Gaia! ::

.|| Tendaji ||.

Back to Guilds

HQ for the B/C Shop "Tendaji" 

Tags: Roleplay, Tendaji, B/C Shop 

Reply ◈ Tendaji [RP Area]
[Matori] A Walk Along the Beach (Devika x Kyril)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:28 pm
Nilah44

It wasn't often that Kyril could venture back home but when she did the hybrid woman made certain to take the time to enjoy the beach that stretched behind her home. Thankfully the manor was along the cliffs and away from town so many of her late afternoon walks allowed for peace and quiet. Not that she minded company on occasion but it was nice to take a moment away from the hustle of her family. After a busy month in the city it was relaxing just to walk along the familiar sands and to cool her feet in the foamy waters. It gave her time to think and to reflect upon everything that had happened recently. Strange to think that before this she could have easily taken all the time in the world to reflect upon things but now she barely had time to think before passing out on her pillows at night.

Not that I'm too unhappy with that. She thought to herself with a faint smile before glancing over as something caught her eye. Was that a glowing light in the distance? Kyril's gaze widened slightly as she noticed several bobbing lights over the horizon. Lanterns? Oh! Perhaps it was to celebrate the starting of Spring in the nearby village? A small smile decorated her painted lips, "How lovely." Venturing a bit away from the ocean's edge she walked along the beach to get a better view of the floating lights.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:47 pm
It was one of those days, Devika thought to herself as she laid on the beach with her eyes closed. She had kind of dozed off and was having a dream. Kaimana was outside the house as she sat by the front door, he was running around waving a net wildly trying to catch little firebugs in the sky. They always loved doing that around summer time when they made their appearance. Devi thought about how the bugs would fly in whimsical patterns up and up and away from her brother's net. Every so often she would join him in trying to catch a few for them to keep that night. She sighed in her dream and physically. A few firebugs gathered together and her dreamself laughed as Kai finally caught a few and they were bunched together in his net as he walked over to her. Devika smiled as the dream came to an end.

Sabra Knight

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:51 pm
Nilah44

Or maybe those weren't lanterns.

Concern flickered across Kyril's features as she crossed over the sand and towards where the lights danced through the air. Fireflies perhaps? Her amber gaze narrowed thoughtfully before she picked up her pace. Not lanterns or bugs...but perhaps fires? The gentle sea breeze was picking up small flickers of embers and tossing them back and forth across the beach. At first Kyril was completely baffled since there was no one else around but then she noticed a figure resting beneath a tree on the beach.

"H-hey!" Calling out the hybrid woman gathered up her skirts in her hands and rushed forward, "Be careful!" Was the fire just there or was it something else creating it? Experience with her little sister's fire magic had her fully prepared and with a flash of light from the runes around her neck the woman was already ushering the flames back towards the ground before they caused any true damage....  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:58 pm
A voice called through the darkness of her nap, an unknown voice. If there had been anyone calling out to her she would have thought it was Kai! Her eyes popped open and she bolted upright in time to see the small little fires she had inadvertently created be pushed towards the ground apparently by the owner of the voice she had heard. As she scanned around, her eyes settled upon a woman of mixed heritage, appearing to be matori and oban. "Oh. I..." She what? What had happened? No matter what had happened it seemed she had bothered this woman some how. "I'm sorry?" She offered quietly, still slightly confused by the unfolding events. The woman looked rather...fancy to be strolling about on the beach. "Are you okay?" Devika asked concerned.

Sabra Knight

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:42 pm
Nilah44

Kyril rose a brow at the younger Matori as she stirred, "I'm fine but perhaps you should be worried about yourself?" She quipped lightly before moving to stomp out a flickering flame with the bottom of her sandal. As she got closer so that she could study the girl Kyril found a small smile spreading across her painted lips, "After all I would think that accidentally setting fire to the things around you while sleeping could be very dangerous indeed." The hybrid reached up to tuck a stray curl of hair back behind a finned ear, "Do you use your magic often like this?"

Or was she a late bloomer? Kyril studied the other girl thoughtfully as she awaited a reaction. Shierra had started casting magic when she was barely an apprentice and had shown sparks of fire during her childhood even while Kyril had learned quickly to harness the power of water and wind so to see someone so unaware was definitely interesting. But it was also worrisome because it would be rather unfortunate indeed for the other girl to cause trouble because of untrained powers....  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:20 am
Devika's eyes wandered around to the few burnt patches on the ground that the other had stomped out. "No. I've never used magic before. Or, rather, not that I've ever noticed." She sat in the sand and looked at her hands. Had she ever done anything like this before? Maybe she'd have to ask Kaimana if he had ever noticed her doing anything strange. "I'll have to ask my brother if he's ever noticed anything before.." Surely he would have said something. Devi stood and dusted herself off. "In any case, I apologize for interrupting your day. I'm Devika." She held out her hand to shake with a kind smile.

Sabra Knight

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:31 am
Nilah44

Kyril chuckled softly, "I'm certain that if you used magic before like this you would have noticed...at least if you're more inclined towards fires. Water and wind perhaps not so much..." She tilted her head thoughtfully as she studied the Matori girl, "Wouldn't your brother have mentioned something? It could simply be that your magic just began manifesting." She tried to remember when her powers first started, how she had summoned water while daydreaming at the beach one day....it had been random and a bit in her later apprentice years. Her younger sister, however, that one had started setting fires as a toddler. Her family was fortunate that Kyril could take the time to stomp them out and help Shierra along the way.

Perhaps she could do the same here?

Her thoughts interrupted by the apology and introduction Kyril quickly shook her head, "It's not a problem so no need to apologize." She replied before reaching out a hand to shake Devika's own, "I'm Kyril and it's nice to meet you. If anything it was quite a pretty show with the flickering flames." As she let go of the hand the hybrid tossed a few stones up into the air which exploded into fires that floated about the beach around them, "See what I mean? It does look rather lovely against the ocean....as long as you know what you're doing and not setting fires while sleeping of course." She couldn't resist teasing as she allowed the dancing flames to hover a moment longer about them.  
◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games